AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-19, 21:20   Link #561
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Rewrite ITA-laptop (I WANT)

Complete with a customized Windows with Rewrite voice clips.

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 21:45   Link #562
Random32
Also a Lolicon

I wish I had the guts to walk around with something like that in public. If I brought anything other than a Thinkpad to a meeting, people would stare at me, if I brought one of these, I'd be fired on the spot. Then again that would be the least of my problems since people would be in front of my house screaming pedophile lol.

I do want though... FHD is nice in the age of ever larger laptops coming with ever lower resolutions. An SSD is a nice feature, a less nice one is the lower end one having 32bit OS despite having 4GB of RAM. 2.6kg is rather light, especially consider the quad core. And Best of All. It has cute girls on it.

Wonder if someone will upload the voice packs.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 22:07   Link #563
kyosak
poo

specs on that thing are surprisingly buff lol
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 22:09   Link #564
winkel

It's a rather bland picture, otherwise I might be interested. But I'll just make do with my Kudwafter netbook.

I don't mind if people look at me, not like I know who they are nor do they know me. The only place I don't bring it is work, and that's more of a 'being professional' type of thing rather than I'm scared of them. But in my own free time, I use it wherever I like.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 22:21   Link #565
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
specs on that thing are surprisingly buff lol
yeah. I was like "damn. this thing comes with an ssd"

Then again, its 1.8kUSD.
Old 2011-04-19, 22:23   Link #566
winkel

For the cheap one. The AKN version is a nice $3,009.73 USD.
Old 2011-04-20, 16:23   Link #567
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
By then, there'd probably be a Rewrite theme online...

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 13:24   Link #568
ronzalpha

I'm sure china is going to make custom skins of this anyways. This is too overpriced for me to even think about affording it. x.x
ronzalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 14:43   Link #569
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronzalpha View Post
I'm sure china is going to make custom skins of this anyways. This is too overpriced for me to even think about affording it. x.x
For fun, I configured other laptops to similar specs to the AKN version. Electronics tend to be expensive in Japan as well. I wouldn't say you are overpaying by much.

AVADirect Clevo P151HM - 2.4kUSD
Dell XPS 15 - 2.2kUSD
Alienware M14x - 2.5kUSD
Thinkpad W520 - 3kUSD

not sure if this has been mentioned already, but are the changes between the first demo and demo v.2.00?
Old 2011-04-21, 19:41   Link #570
Leo_Otaku
俺たち は リトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
It's a rather bland picture, otherwise I might be interested. But I'll just make do with my Kudwafter netbook.

I don't mind if people look at me, not like I know who they are nor do they know me. The only place I don't bring it is work, and that's more of a 'being professional' type of thing rather than I'm scared of them. But in my own free time, I use it wherever I like.
Not sure what you mean by bland. They have been re-using this image for a a lot of the merchandise coming out. But it isn't bland. Rather have it than Kudwafter....

I would love to get this laptop but I wonder about shipping and extra charges. I would rather buy it in person.

More CG images from the magazines this month ....can't find one of the Shimako. The fairies are named Giru and Pani (pink fairy)
Spoiler for sizuru:
Sizuru's outfit we saw in OP2...is pretty cool! I want a figure of it XD

Last edited by Leo_Otaku; 2011-04-21 at 21:28.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 02:14   Link #571
Tomoyo89

I am sad that Dengeki G's Festival Vol.21's release date changed from April something to June 20.
Tomoyo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 16:01   Link #572
ronzalpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
For fun, I configured other laptops to similar specs to the AKN version. Electronics tend to be expensive in Japan as well. I wouldn't say you are overpaying by much.

AVADirect Clevo P151HM - 2.4kUSD
Dell XPS 15 - 2.2kUSD
Alienware M14x - 2.5kUSD
Thinkpad W520 - 3kUSD

not sure if this has been mentioned already, but are the changes between the first demo and demo v.2.00?
That's true, but rip out the SSD for a standard hard drive and I can get a laptop of same specs for about ~1700 from ASUS. (and maybe MSI, but not too sure, since I haven't checked MSI out in ages).
Old 2011-04-22, 17:30   Link #573
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Yeah, the SSD alone should be around $600.

I find it a bit odd that they only come with SSD's. Is it to make the price increase look less bad? Or does Japan have some love of solid state storage?

Edit: I think the SSD is an Intel 510. Costs $615 on Newegg.
Old 2011-04-25, 02:49   Link #574
Rebreaker
響感と塊放

Rewrite manga archive (Chinese/English)
http://www.mediafire.com/?u4y4e66u85axu

Last edited by Rebreaker; 2011-04-26 at 06:40.
Rebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 15:47   Link #575
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Not sure what you mean by bland. They have been re-using this image for a a lot of the merchandise coming out. But it isn't bland. Rather have it than Kudwafter....

I would love to get this laptop but I wonder about shipping and extra charges. I would rather buy it in person.
Bland as in plain. If I'm getting an otaku laptop, I want it to be of something I like. The standard promotional Rewrite pic isn't really anything for me to get excited over. The Kud one is much cuter and that's why I like using it.

As for buying one though, I would definitely not buy one if you do not live/are not in Japan. There are many complications with buying computer electronics for importers and I don't think you want to deal with the hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
I find it a bit odd that they only come with SSD's. Is it to make the price increase look less bad? Or does Japan have some love of solid state storage?
It's because it's a performance laptop, and SSDs give the best performance out of all storage atm.
Old 2011-04-25, 22:15   Link #576
ronzalpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
It's because it's a performance laptop, and SSDs give the best performance out of all storage atm.
Or maybe because SSD's have great endurance. They can't be wiped via magnets nor are they as easily destroyed from drops and concussions since there's no moving parts. It might be related to the VN since perhaps maybe there's a similar laptop in the anime that survives battles or something? (it's a guess)
Old 2011-04-25, 22:28   Link #577
Random32
Also a Lolicon

I like SSD's. I prefer SSD's over traditional spinning drives for my OS drive. I just find it odd that it is the only option. Also, the size they chose is rather large. A 250GB SSD bumps the price up by like $500-$700, which, even at $3kUSD is a fair bit.

btw, on the topic of the manga. the game isn't even out yet, but the adaptations are... For those who have started reading it, is it any good?
Old 2011-04-28, 23:29   Link #578
Leo_Otaku
俺たち は リトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
@winkel

That makes sense thanks for the heads up. I'm not up and up with computer know how.

I myself would want one of Misuzu, Ayu or Nagisa. For the rewrite one would be awesome if they made changeable covers so you could switch it up. Or maybe a special promotional image made for the laptop would be nice. Or character specific I would want one of Kotori or Kagari.

The manga i have read the first chapter of. It seems to just go fast nothing much just how Kotori likes to sleep in the forest XD. I think they did this for Clannad too if I recall...
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 22:12   Link #579
ronzalpha

I'm going to ask something a little off-topic, but since it's Key related and this is a pretty active thread,

has there been any new signs of a season 2 for angel beats? There were rumors speculating on the net about it and a fan-made VN is being produced, but not much news has been around ever since.

edit: Yes, I know it's not made by Key, but that project still involved Key's members and Key takes credit for it
Old 2011-05-02, 22:37   Link #580
Random32
Also a Lolicon

I doubt there will be a season 2. The story closes off in season 1 without much way of making another season without really searching.

Though I don't think its all that possible, I would really like to see a remake of AB! with 26 episodes instead of 13.

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel