AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2008-04-03, 13:01   Link #21
Westlo
Lets be reality

Read the wiki man

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toradora!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 05:44   Link #22
NeoSam

The obi strip on Volume 7 of the boy's light novel series Toradora! announces the anime adaptation

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/book/5574562/

Volume 7 will be officially released on April 10th, 2008.
Old 2008-04-05, 20:28   Link #23
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 10:11   Link #24
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

You can always count on Maids x3 to deliver the latest pics.

Just seeing the contrast in personalities between Taiga and Ryuji is enough to interest me a bit. I wonder if I should translate this on Baka-Tsuki's behalf if no one's done it yet?
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 03:55   Link #25
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

somehow, the female lead gives of a louise-like aura(ZnT) based on what i read in the manga.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 18:19   Link #26
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Can I remind everyone that the purpose of this thread is to discuss the Toradora! anime.

The recent off-topic posts have now been removed. If anyone thinks I have removed a post that was actually on-topic then let me know (by PM, do not post here) and I will move it back but as far as I could see the topic had drifted well away from what the thread should be about.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 09:18   Link #27
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Thank you so much, xris. Good riddance to that nonsensical rubbish. Bloody hell, I still have no idea how on earth did the discussion manage to veer into that direction.

Anyway, if this was a normal loli-tsundere story like Zero no Tsukaima, I might just pass. But upon learning the main guy is no wimp or leech like ZnT's Saito, I might just be interested in having asking B-T to do a translation while it is still unlicensed so we may get some headstart by the time the anime does air.

BTW, anyone have any info on when the planned anime would begin airing?

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2008-04-14 at 09:43.
Old 2008-04-14, 09:23   Link #28
Westlo
Lets be reality

Unless they announced it recently (and for some reason it wasn't posted in here) than noone knows yet. Safe to say Fall I guess since most Summer shows have already been announced though it could be next winter/spring.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 09:53   Link #29
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Thank you so much, xris. Good riddance to that nonsensical rubbish. Bloody hell, I still have no idea how on earth did the discussion manage to veer into that direction.

Anyway, if this was a normal loli-tsundere story like Zero no Tsukaima, I might just pass. But upon learning the main guy is no wimp or leech like ZnT's Saito, I might just be interested in having asking B-T to do a translation while it is still unlicensed so we may get some headstart by the time the anime does air.

BTW, anyone have any info on when the planned anime would begin airing?
Well, I dont think Saito was that big of a wimp but from the summary it sounds like the main guy from Toradora takes wimpiness to a whole new level. Common now, he becomes her servant just to cooperate on some love square-angle? A tsundere heroine only works with a GAR main hero.

Well, thats my take on it. I hope thats not the case and i really hope he turns out to be badass, as it seems very enjoyable if he is.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 10:06   Link #30
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Well, I dont think Saito was that big of a wimp but from the summary it sounds like the main guy from Toradora takes wimpiness to a whole new level. Common now, he becomes her servant just to cooperate on some love square-angle? A tsundere heroine only works with a GAR main hero.

Well, thats my take on it. I hope thats not the case and i really hope he turns out to be badass, as it seems very enjoyable if he is.
I hope you're right as I just obtained meself a copy of the novels and I'll have to quickly find time to read them as soon as possible.
Old 2008-04-14, 11:02   Link #31
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
I hope you're right as I just obtained meself a copy of the novels and I'll have to quickly find time to read them as soon as possible.
Feel free to give me some insight into whether i should be looking forward to it after youve read the novel.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 16:24   Link #32
Kaijin
かいじん

Oh...I've got my eye on this one. I love the way the dynamic between the two characters sounds. Should be fun to watch.
Old 2008-04-17, 13:18   Link #33
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
If you can't wait for the anime, you can read the novel!

Baka-Tsuki is on the ball!

For related novel discussion, please go to the topic in the manga forum:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=65415
Old 2008-04-24, 13:07   Link #34
NeoSam

Ascii Media Works' mediamix page for Toradora!
http://asciimw.jp/mediamix/toradora/
Old 2008-05-13, 18:26   Link #35
NeoSam

I have to find some time to continue reading where I stopped >.>

Anyway, if they treat the anime well, this might be the next light novel/anime hit after Shakugan no Shana. Dengeki Bunko light novels FTW :P
Old 2008-05-13, 20:21   Link #36
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

it seems that dengeki is on a roll when it comes to anime adaptations nowadays.

yeah, im hoping the anime adaptation is just as good as the novels. it seems that it will be out next year(based on my PREDICTION)
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 11:31   Link #37
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supah Em View Post
it seems that dengeki is on a roll when it comes to anime adaptations nowadays.

yeah, im hoping the anime adaptation is just as good as the novels. it seems that it will be out next year(based on my PREDICTION)
Dengeki Bunko light novels are aimed at males in their teens/twenties, and many of them have moe~ elements; a reason enough to animate them

Anyway, you can expect many more great anime based on Dengeki Bunko light novels
Old 2008-06-02, 01:32   Link #38
『 RESET 』
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to TOP Send a message via MSN to TOP
Awesome, I love this novel/manga. Can't wait for it to be animated~
Old 2008-06-04, 18:04   Link #39
Avisch
Reality Blender

The manga has been very impressive so far and it looks to adapt the novel moderately well.
Up to chapter 4 of the manga has been scanlated....and damn the situations are so damn cute.

And just to talk about the characters

Ryuji is no wimp and the problem is that he doesn't look like a wimp at all and people misinterpret his scary eyes. I like his relationship with Taiga. He talks back to her and doesn't bend to her will. I also like the fact that he's good at cleaning/cooking/and such.

Taiga herself does give him alittle credit despite being so selfish (at times). She doesn't like people getting in her way at all.
I can definitely see her defending Ryuji socially and then Ryuji defending her (this has probably happened in the novel).

So they care about each other with slightly different chemistry of the angry/passive relationship.

Overall I really like how this series has a serious theme behind it (while being a comedy). The theme is: that you can't be shy with your feelings, you have to take action other wise you will be misinterpreted, infact you may be misinterpreted either way but you still need to try.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 20:16   Link #40
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
The manga has been very impressive so far and it looks to adapt the novel moderately well.
Up to chapter 4 of the manga has been scanlated....and damn the situations are so damn cute.

And just to talk about the characters

Ryuji is no wimp and the problem is that he doesn't look like a wimp at all and people misinterpret his scary eyes. I like his relationship with Taiga. He talks back to her and doesn't bend to her will. I also like the fact that he's good at cleaning/cooking/and such.

Taiga herself does give him alittle credit despite being so selfish (at times). She doesn't like people getting in her way at all.
I can definitely see her defending Ryuji socially and then Ryuji defending her (this has probably happened in the novel).

So they care about each other with slightly different chemistry of the angry/passive relationship.

Overall I really like how this series has a serious theme behind it (while being a comedy). The theme is: that you can't be shy with your feelings, you have to take action other wise you will be misinterpreted, infact you may be misinterpreted either way but you still need to try.
So why in the world are you posting in the anime thread for? Shouldn't you be putting this in the manga thread? Mah, whatever.

FYI, Ryuji is a wimp. Maybe not a big one, but unless he fixes his attitude towards Minori, it is hard not to consider him one.
By the way, isn't "Ryuji is no wimp and the problem is that he doesn't look like a wimp at all and people misinterpret his scary eyes. " conflicting?

So he isn't a wimp, but it is a problem that he doesn't look like one and people think he is scary. What?

Quote:
She doesn't like people getting in her way at all.
Who would?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen