AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2008-10-04, 11:43   Link #461
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I'm placing my money on this being an open ended series...

I can just see Toradora2! or something similar
I hope not. JC doesn't have a good record with sequels hah.
Old 2008-10-04, 11:47   Link #462
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler for big manga spoils:
Well we'll see in another 3-4 weeks how it goes down, and how they handle it in the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
do we really need to have a discussion on the manga/novel here on the anime thread... it's not like you can't, but bear in mind that you are disclosing details of future events, and some people here are anime-only watchers
Yeah, but when I post in the manga thread, no one replies .
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 12:11   Link #463
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Well we'll see in another 3-4 weeks how it goes down, and how they handle it in the anime.

Lol, i'm anime watcher only for this serie and i like it and charas, but i'm fine with manga spoilers too, just use "/spoilers" and all is ok.

Current manga list
Claymore | Yumekui Merry | Uwa Koi | Berserk | Aku no Ana
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 12:15   Link #464
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Hopefully Toradora is popular enough to get it's own sub-forum, then there will be specific episode threads and a manga thread.
Old 2008-10-04, 12:18   Link #465
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:

Yeah BUT!!

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-10-04, 12:24   Link #466
Jerseykid

I fully support the two leads getting together no matter how much it's overdone.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 12:28   Link #467
golthin

Quote:
I see it being resolved, with some angst.

Anyway, a break in conversation but... Isn't Yuuchan quite Milf worthy or what? I bet if Ryuuji made a move on her, she'll let him, lol
expect a lot of doujinshi with such theme.
I also think that if he made a move on her she will let him do it, considering that he has his father's look.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 12:29   Link #468
chief

Send a message via MSN to chief
I got to admit I liked the first episode. I'm glad A.S.S is doing it. Although they might not be the absolute best subbers out there they still do a decent job and do it fast.

جميع الهيل الرب إبليس! إبليس يقوم اكثر من عهد لنا جميعا في يوم اسود.. الحرب ستأتي!
chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 12:31   Link #469
Falkor

Quote:
I donít know how to answer thatÖ

But I did read most of the posts in the manga thread, including yours of course. But Iím one of those who reply/post only when thereís really something to sayóor just to make a sarcastic comment for that matter.

Iím making the comment about disclosing details of future events (spoilers) because I donít personally like itódiscussion regarding/connecting the manga/novel should be fine when appropriate. In this case, I donít think itís the right moment to specifically discuss a possible romantic relationship between Taiga and Ryuuji when they have been just introduced as characters and the discussion seems to be involving future events as reference.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 12:57   Link #470
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
At this point all I would call it was the start of a strange friendship. I'll just have to wait and see how things develop with the story and the characters. Both clearly have their issues along with their romantic interests. Its not bad to not have the same background knowledge those that have followed the manga/novels have.
Old 2008-10-04, 13:12   Link #471
golthin

Quote:
Yeah BUT!!

Spoiler for manga:
I think the guy is attracted to social outcasts. Just look how he became friends with Ryuuji.
I think the only way he thought he could get close to Taiga was by becoming her boyfriend, so he was trying to save her from her loneliness. Now that he has seen how she has changed with Ryuuji, he doesn't have a purpose anymore.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 13:13   Link #472
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Yeah BUT!!

Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor
But I did read most of the posts in the manga thread, including yours of course. But I’m one of those who reply/post only when there’s really something to say—or just to make a sarcastic comment for that matter.

I’m making the comment about disclosing details of future events (spoilers) because I don’t personally like it—discussion regarding/connecting the manga/novel should be fine when appropriate. In this case, I don’t think it’s the right moment to specifically discuss a possible romantic relationship between Taiga and Ryuuji when they have been just introduced as characters and the discussion seems to be involving future events as reference.
Yeah, I noticed. Took me close to a hour to read that wall of arguments .

I'll agree, all these manga/novel spoilers do seem out of place here(for now), so but it's difficult when people bring certain arguments to the table.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 13:13   Link #473
aohige
Banned

to HayashiTakara and others:

I think "some" spoiler-tagged manga/novel discussions are ok, as related material, but when you see 1/3 to half of the page smeared with spoiler tags, I think it's getting out of hand.
This is the anime thread guys, please restrain yourself from overdoing it.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 13:16   Link #474
Ultenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I'm placing my money on this being an open ended series...

I can just see Toradora2! or something similar
I have absolutely no doubt that this season will simply have hijinks and getting jerked around with no resolution at all at the end. I don't think anything thinks there will be any kind of romantic resolution to a 13 episode anime that is still ongoing in manga form.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 13:28   Link #475
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultenth View Post
I have absolutely no doubt that this season will simply have hijinks and getting jerked around with no resolution at all at the end. I don't think anything thinks there will be any kind of romantic resolution to a 13 episode anime that is still ongoing in manga form.
Aye, I feel the same way

But a fun 13 episodes it will be!
Old 2008-10-04, 13:38   Link #476
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Spoiler for About Kitamura:

The problem is that manga section is just horribly inactive while anime is active one... It would be less of a problem if Toradora would have a separate section.

Anyways if commenting about anime only, there isnt much to talk about characters themselves and their relationship...

Fact that Toradora will be only 13 eps long could make it into another ZnT... hopefully it won't happen and we will not see rushed episodes and countless fanservice but this is JC Staff...
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 13:39   Link #477
Ultenth

Spoiler for spoilerish, kinda, for manga/etc.:
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 13:45   Link #478
aohige
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Spoiler for About Kitamura:

The problem is that manga section is just horribly inactive while anime is active one... It would be less of a problem if Toradora would have a separate section.

Anyways if commenting about anime only, there isnt much to talk about characters themselves and their relationship...

Fact that Toradora will be only 13 eps long could make it into another ZnT... hopefully it won't happen and we will not see rushed episodes and countless fanservice but this is JC Staff...
Well, quite frankly, it's very uncomfortable for someone who doesn't want to be spoiled, and just want to discuss what they saw in the anime, to come to a thread where half of the posts must be intentionally avoided.

Anyways, if you're going to go on discussing about manga for the majority of the thread like this, then that's fine, but I won't see this thread as an appropriate place for me to discuss the anime.
It's quite simply rude, and totally out of control. Cya.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 14:11   Link #479
Scavenger
スカルリーダー

Send a message via MSN to Scavenger
Red face

Seen the first episode. I think it's horrible, for most parts not even remotely funny and the only funny part was the parrot. And Rie Kugimiya..... Not her again! *Facepalm*
Scavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 14:25   Link #480
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Umm, if you noticed Rie Kugimiya used rather different voice from her previous tsundere-loli roles so i do not really think that your comment has much ground simply because the voices of Shana/Louise are rather different from Taiga... And if you would not know that it is the same voice actor you might think it is different one just from what you hear.

There were small gllimpse with Urusai or Inu but otherwise...the voice is different from her usual one.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen