AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2008-04-04, 14:11   Link #61
tennis1690

Initially they were suppose to have Hidan and Kakuzu show up right after they all shared that meal with Sai. But it appears that now we will have a filler arc prior to the Hidan and Kakuzu arc which absolutely sucks. We had to wait over a year just to see Sasuke's reappearance which was rather average at best, and now you tell me we are going to have a meaningless and worthless filler arc. On top of that, no episode until April 17th. They are like 80 something chapters ahead with the manga. This is is just fu$%&* bull*&@#$
tennis1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 14:47   Link #62
Ulquiorra
Espada

This is all about Naruto's training. There is nothing more boring than watching someone train. So the anime team is adding filler action to go along with it. Even DBZ was smart enough to splice all their endless training segments with action. It will also flesh out the characters like Team 10 judging by the new opening.

Then we get about 15-20 episodes of pure unfillered canon when those two important people show up.
Old 2008-04-04, 15:20   Link #63
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
fun how everyone is bitching and moaning when the special was actually good...
And maybe people here are too stupid to realize that sooner or later, fillers would be needed. They are not going to make it to the end without fillers, no matter how slow the pace is. And unlike bleach, they are adding filler where it actually makes sense.
From what I saw from episode 53 that's exactly it... It had flashbacks yes but they were well made... It had some slow pacing to the end of the episode but it was actually needed to convey what the characters were experiencing... Still it had the same, if not more, content than the previous two hour special in a bit over 20 minutes... And the flashbacks weren't made in gray this time and lasted for a couple of seconds each... What's not to like?

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 15:38   Link #64
Ero-Senn1n

To me it seems that the anime team has changed something important the story:
if i remember the manga correctly the list of ANBU that was given to Orochimaru was fake, the only real data were about Yamato. In the anime however Tsunade says that it's real data about all the ANBU and that this is a very serious issue. Now here is the problem: Danzou did betray not only Tsunade but also Konoha. This is called treason and is punished by death. So how in the hell didn't Tsunade order the immedate arrest and execution of Danzou and the dissolution of "root anbu" ???
This is a huge mistake by the anime, it makes no sense that Tsunade does not get rid of that shitty old man. Of course in the manga Danzou was not killed/arrested, so the anime cannot do that.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 15:51   Link #65
wtfisgoingon

@ anyone who reads the manga, will the next arc be more interesting then this one?
wtfisgoingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 16:00   Link #66
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfisgoingon View Post
@ anyone who reads the manga, will the next arc be more interesting then this one?
The anime's going into filler now.

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 16:58   Link #67
wtfisgoingon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
The anime's going into filler now.
i know, i meant after the filler
wtfisgoingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 17:11   Link #68
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs Send a message via Skype™ to Mangs
Maybe the speed of the show will increase after this filler arc? I sure hope so.
Old 2008-04-04, 17:19   Link #69
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

going off of what tennis said...

hmm...80 chapters ahead...if they go by 2 chapters a episode...that's 40 episodes...that's 5 months I think... (pending they show every week)

::shrugs::

interesting decisions they make.

edit: I hate math

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2008-04-05 at 07:41.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 17:43   Link #70
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

I have not watched the episode yet, but if the filler is normal paced instead of just staring and watching trees move then it might be acceptable.

The only thing worse than Shippuden dragging out would be Fillers dragging out.. lol that'd be the death of the franchise.

Oh, if Kishimoto has no say in the anime content whatsoever, I'd be surprised.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 19:21   Link #71
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
if i remember the manga correctly the list of ANBU that was given to Orochimaru was fake, the only real data were about Yamato.
I don't believe that was ever stated.

Quote:
In the anime however Tsunade says that it's real data about all the ANBU and that this is a very serious issue. Now here is the problem: Danzou did betray not only Tsunade but also Konoha. This is called treason and is punished by death. So how in the hell didn't Tsunade order the immedate arrest and execution of Danzou and the dissolution of "root anbu" ???
This is a huge mistake by the anime, it makes no sense that Tsunade does not get rid of that shitty old man. Of course in the manga Danzou was not killed/arrested, so the anime cannot do that.
Tsunade doesn't have direct proof that the list actually came from Danzo, and there's clearly a power struggle going on behind the scenes. Tsunade would need a lot more against him to oust him.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 22:06   Link #72
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
seems like they are tying narutos training with a filler arc
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 23:05   Link #73
macguy

Send a message via AIM to macguy
So this filler is going to be about naruto's training? lol... Hopefully this is a little interesting because in either case, Naruto's training didn't do shit to make him stronger. I don't want to see progress where none has been made... Guess I'll watch the last 10 episodes that I haven't seen on NS today *sigh*
macguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 23:29   Link #74
sayde

The only thing I was left wondering after this episode ended, was just how much stronger learning one technique could really make Naruto. I mean, are we seriously supposed to believe that one technique alone could put him above kakashi's level and even remotely close to Sasuke's lvl?

*sighs*
whatever. Whether it does or doesn't work out that way, I won't be surprised. I'm already a little disappointed with the concept of it all.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 23:47   Link #75
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Finally....glorious widescreen format. About time.

I very much enjoyed the eps. I don't know whether the whole "nicknames" subplot was filler or not, but I found it a clever way to revisit some old jokes. I also think the anime team (music especially) has done a great job of conveying Naruto's horror at the notion that his friend no longer cares about him in any capacity.
Old 2008-04-05, 00:06   Link #76
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I was extremely pleased with these episodes, and I thought episode 54 especially was very well drawn and animated. It seems to me that the creators are picking up the quality once again. And the stuff with Sai.... I saw it a mile away, and would have even if I had not read the manga beforehand. 10/10.

Edit: Oh yes, and widescreen. It is win.
Old 2008-04-05, 02:08   Link #77
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenu View Post
I have not watched the episode yet, but if the filler is normal paced instead of just staring and watching trees move then it might be acceptable.

The only thing worse than Shippuden dragging out would be Fillers dragging out.. lol that'd be the death of the franchise.
Yeah dragging out the regular plot has been pretty bad. Dragging out filler plot might just be enough to push people over the edge. Does seem like they will mix some training with whatever the filler is going to be about.

Have somewhat given up hope that we will get to a normal speed, that's just how Naruto is going to be. At least the double episode wasn't too bad. Got some development with Sai as he seems more human. Plus the nickname thing was good for some laughs. I'm impressed Sai and Naruto made it out with only bruised cheeks and not injuries requiring checking into the hospital with Kakashi .

Interestingly this was where I stopped reading the manga (which came due to being unable to take filler hell anymore).
Old 2008-04-05, 02:12   Link #78
cereal_killerxx

I've heard some rumors, I don't want to get anyone hyped up just yet, but I heard that after this filler arc, they are planning on speading up the anime. In order for them to do that, they need to have lots of manga content to work with. That's also why they are spacing out the air dates of the anime as well.

Also, did anybody notice that the art and animation improvement in episode 54? I think it looked fantastic witht the thicker drawing lines and brighter colors. Just my opinion though, of course.
cereal_killerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 02:23   Link #79
maverickudo
Duwah!

Send a message via AIM to maverickudo
Red face

i believe the filler "arc' is just a short instance for the movie tying in with naruto's wind training.

[no the filler arcs aren't in the manga]

but i believe the fillers and the new characters that we saw are going to be for the Naruto Shippudden movie that they've been announcing. i don't think it's going to be horrible. they're expanding their episodes and they are going through with naruto's wind training which means it is still steady. those scenes we saw - i am hoping they are just short burts fillers to tie in with the shippudden movie is all.

and ep 54 looked amazing yes. huzzah for HD widescreen! and Ino's huge bazoons. u saw those things? gwad damn
Old 2008-04-05, 02:59   Link #80
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
I didn't mind those episodes at all for a change. They're helping along Naruto's training while inputting some filler for team 10, I believe. I can deal with that. The animation I thought was good and the pacing I thought was fair, and I appreciate how they put the humor in, because it did feel a bit dry in the manga.

Yes, the nickname thing was manga material, similarly to the training thing. (The illusion with the new characters, not so much) I don't think Shikamaru was supposed to come back in on Asuma and Kakashi though, I wonder why they changed that from the manga?

As for the fillering of the training, I think it's actually a good move. Similarly to DeDe, either way, I get more sweet-sweet Shikamaru action.

Is all I really want from Naruto, clearly!
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote