AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2008-04-05, 03:46   Link #81
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
I don't know whether the whole "nicknames" subplot was filler or not
it wasn't filler.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 03:54   Link #82
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Jesus Skywalker...Bring on the filler arc! Cause it's gotta be better than this MAIN ARC...I'm not even depressed anymore...
Old 2008-04-05, 04:09   Link #83
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Both Naruto and Bleach are heading into filler arcs, this is ridiculous. Bleach was necessary but c'mon, Naruto is like 80 chapters apart from the newest material.

On to the ep itself, 54 was pretty good and enjoyable.
Old 2008-04-05, 04:17   Link #84
Hir0

The style of art seems pretty different this week, the colours too. Pacing is okay, i dont mind this episode. the fact that they aired this in higher resolution too

Anyone find Sakura raging abit cute? Re-Welcome inner Sakura XD
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 04:45   Link #85
FuzzyWuzzy

I kind of like this episode.
At least, I get to see "Inner Sakura" again.
I no longer see her since she is becoming more and more like Tsunade so Sakura doesn't hide her feelings anymore.
Old 2008-04-05, 04:46   Link #86
noir senshi
Escapist Extraordinaire

WOW, I though ep 53 was good, episode 54 is amazing.
noir senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 04:46   Link #87
FuzzyWuzzy

Does Sakura and Sai get training also?
Old 2008-04-05, 07:44   Link #88
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
I don't believe that was ever stated.
Well i remember that it was either explicitly or implicitly shown that the list was either false or safely destroyed by Sai. In the manga it is clearly stated that Danzou didn't want the destruction of Konoha, so to give a list of all ANBU to the one who wants Konoha destryed is absolutely illogical. Therefore i think the anime team has again made a big mistake when trying to invent things, it just ruined the whole episode in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Tsunade doesn't have direct proof that the list actually came from Danzo, and there's clearly a power struggle going on behind the scenes. Tsunade would need a lot more against him to oust him.
The whole Yamato-team has witnessed it, also Sai has the secret orders with him and they have the ANBU list. There really can't be any more proof than that.
In a logical world such behaviour would lead to a point of no return when the internal struggle between the opposition (Danzou) and the actual leader (Tsunade) must be resolved by a bloody battle, because that's the only way for the Leaf village to survive in the ruthless world of Naruto manga. And why is it beyond the line? Because the ANBU are supposed to be the last line of defense, an example: the 3rd hokage died because the ANBU didn't do their job properly and could not defend him. Actually the 3rd hokage had to defeat Orochimaru in order to save Konoha, if Orochimaru had won he would have continued the destruction of Konoha.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 08:29   Link #89
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Well i remember that it was either explicitly or implicitly shown that the list was either false or safely destroyed by Sai. In the manga it is clearly stated that Danzou didn't want the destruction of Konoha, so to give a list of all ANBU to the one who wants Konoha destryed is absolutely illogical. Therefore i think the anime team has again made a big mistake when trying to invent things, it just ruined the whole episode in my opinion.
It has never been even hinted that the list wasn't real. It was not said that Danzou didn't want the destruction of Konoha, but only that it wasn't the reason he sent Sai to Orochimaru. (most likely reason : if you kill Sasuke 3 years after he left (=around the time Oro has to switch body), 1) you get rid of the traitor 2) you prevent the sharingan to fall in bad hands 3) Oro loses his container and either die or get a third rate replacement container, which hold him back for 3 more years)

Quote:
The whole Yamato-team has witnessed it, also Sai has the secret orders with him and they have the ANBU list. There really can't be any more proof than that.
In a logical world such behaviour would lead to a point of no return when the internal struggle between the opposition (Danzou) and the actual leader (Tsunade) must be resolved by a bloody battle, because that's the only way for the Leaf village to survive in the ruthless world of Naruto manga. And why is it beyond the line? Because the ANBU are supposed to be the last line of defense, an example: the 3rd hokage died because the ANBU didn't do their job properly and could not defend him. Actually the 3rd hokage had to defeat Orochimaru in order to save Konoha, if Orochimaru had won he would have continued the destruction of Konoha.
You are asking Kishimoto to write a coherent story, which he is proving almost every week he cannot (for every answer, there is at least one plot hole. The scale of his story overwhelms him totally). Naruto might be stupid, but he couldn't possibly do any worse than Tsunade in term of decision making.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 11:38   Link #90
Vorenus
Angsty Newtype

Oh no, I knew that there characters looked too filler-like to be from the actual manga story.

Like always, too many starring contests and flashback (my, did we need Jiraiya to make a summary of the whole arc ?!) for Ep 53.
Ep 54 was a rather nice character development episode especially for Sai, which is character I'm beginning to like and I feel I'm going to like Naruto's new training...

Kakashi is finally going to learn something to Naruto : was about time...

I really liked the new opening as well.
Vorenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 12:04   Link #91
Girl_who_cried_gnome
lover of the g-pa hair

well before i actually saw episode 54 i saw the new opening and i was just like "wow this absolutely beautiful " from the song to the animation, i was becoming more and more excited... but then when i saw that new girl's face my first thought was that it was karin and i was just like "eh? wow, the anime really made her slutty and where's the glasses?" but then when it zoomed out of her face i was just like "AHHHH F*CKING SHIT!!! SALKJ:NFS:KJS! FIIIILLLLEEEEEERzzzzzz!"

oh well i am going to admit i was feeling like i could strangle a bunny... but maybe we can all just sort all of our anger and look at all of its good qualities.... atleast the animation is soooo much better and they are still sticking to cannon somewhat... plus gaara in a white suit =

Last edited by Girl_who_cried_gnome; 2008-04-05 at 12:05. Reason: tis a tardmuffin :B
Girl_who_cried_gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 12:09   Link #92
Chase

I like the new OP, its about time too, cuz the last one was god awful, i remember the first time i heard that song, it caught me off guard. I thought someone had sent me a virus.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 12:27   Link #93
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Wow, these episodes are incredible...and epic. It produced two sides: First, many people are dropping Naruto together. Second, people are looking forward to filler because it's probably better than the main arcs. I'm probably not going to drop it, even though I should. It's only once per week anyhow!
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 12:31   Link #94
vision55

The little extra was the best at the end of episode 54....I loved Sakura's response when Ino called her "forehead girl"........so fast and funny......

And...I agree with everyone how I am kind of excited to see how the filler arc turns out..........I am not expecting One Piece filler good....but better than the curry arc.....
vision55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 13:15   Link #95
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
OMG just watched the episodes. ep 54 was way better than 53 and looks better on my widescreen anyways it is a sad for naruto when the fillers are way more interesting then the main arc. i probably feel more exicited because i don't know whats going to happen next. every thing has gotten better imo, the oponing is not annoying ,nice ending, looks like they are following bleach with the dressing up characters with regular clothes, i hope they keep this up. nice to see that asuma will be getting more screentime. i am sure lots of manga readers will apreciate that fact. it looks like they will have anime oroginal material , then snipets of manga info here and there. anyways i actually content with this episode and i will not be dropping naruto as i thought i would.

and lot at end part 8/10 would have had a 10/10 if not for first half

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 13:34   Link #96
Man0warr

The preview for 55 wasn't showing filler, and I think the new characters in the OP are movie characters. The very end of 54 looked like filler though.
Man0warr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 13:53   Link #97
vision55

Lets have a moment of silence for "You Are My Friend // Ahhh ahh"......going to miss you
vision55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 14:53   Link #98
itachi29al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
I am not watching Naruto ever again....
Why becouse of the fillers or did these episodes really suck that much
Old 2008-04-05, 15:31   Link #99
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
I actually liked this episode. 54 at least. The quality is picking up and I never though I'd see inner Sakura again!

The Sai jokes were funny.
I have a small amount of hope Naruto will become good once again. I don't really mind fillers mixed in as long as they are timed right and are good.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 17:36   Link #100
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
is it just me or is the upcoming filler completely unnecessary?

Animation quality took a step up, but i don't like the widescreen format(still using a 20" letterbox tft)