AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-12-25, 15:18   Link #141
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
When did the Black Knight start raping and killing civilians? Must be a lost episode
Well technically, in S1 24, Tamaki was ready to beat Rivalz. But i guess this is being Tamaki being a prick, it was more of an individual action. Still, if it was not for Lulu to get there at time, this might have turned nasty. BK are FAR from saints.
Britania is not worth saving, but BK have done their fair of royal amount of shit as well. It just, some things make them more tolerable than the other "opponent" side i guess.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 15:21   Link #142
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Nah, they only betrayed the very person who was the key to their success.
In their defense, a lot of it had to do with the wily and manipulative Schneizel.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 15:25   Link #143
Maxmillian
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
In their defense, a lot of it had to do with the wily and manipulative Schneizel.
That doesn't matter, they could of based it on Tamaki's outburst that it could of been faked or rigged plus why would they trust a Britannian from the royal family of all people. They're idiots simple as that and if Kaguya and Xingke were there they sure as hell wouldn't have bought any of it.
Maxmillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 15:25   Link #144
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
In their defense, a lot of it had to do with the wily and manipulative Schneizel.
Yes, but Schneizel was the enemy... and Ougi was being an idiot (I don't hate him or anything, but in my opinion, that's a fact).
They are still grey, of course, but definitely not white - just less "black" than Britannia. xD
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 15:37   Link #145
Haku-Men
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Yes, but Schneizel was the enemy... and Ougi was being an idiot (I don't hate him or anything, but in my opinion, that's a fact).
They are still grey, of course, but definitely not white - just less "black" than Britannia. xD
They're all gray since they all had personal vendettas to accomplish
Haku-Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 15:38   Link #146
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahakala View Post
They're all gray since they all had personal vendettas to accomplish
*nods her head*
Well, except for Euphie and Arthur, maybe.
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 15:41   Link #147
Haku-Men
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
*nods her head*
Well, except for Euphie and Arthur, maybe.
Yes Euphie and Arthur (I would say Rivalaz and Milly but they were pretty much out of the conflict) . I'm surprise with Nunnally and Shirley being gray as well.
Haku-Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 15:44   Link #148
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Where the Black Knights saints? No, but they at least felt bad for Narita, when the hell did the Brittannians feel bad for any of the massacres? Not even Cecile seems to regret the actions of Britannia. They just didn't care about all the people they killed.

If Okouchi really wanted Britannia to be sympathetic he would have had soldiers question their actions. Okouchi isn't a bad writer, his work on Turn A Gundam is brilliant, and from what I have seen of King Gainer, its also brilliant, now both may be because of Tomino but I doubt it.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 15:45   Link #149
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahakala View Post
Yes Euphie and Arthur (I would say Rivalaz and Milly but they were pretty much out of the conflict) . I'm surprise with Nunnally and Shirley being gray as well.
Agreed.
Did I mention that I love the philosophy of Code Geass?
Grey is such a nice colour, after all.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
If Okouchi really wanted Britannia to be sympathetic he would have had soldiers question their actions. Okouchi isn't a bad writer, his work on Turn A Gundam is brilliant, and from what I have seen of King Gainer, its also brilliant, now both may be because of Tomino but I doubt it.
And Clovis was portrayed as grey right in the beginning just for the heck of it?
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 16:08   Link #150
Maxmillian
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Where the Black Knights saints? No, but they at least felt bad for Narita, when the hell did the Brittannians feel bad for any of the massacres? Not even Cecile seems to regret the actions of Britannia. They just didn't care about all the people they killed..
I never knew that Kallen represented the entire Black Knights, because she was the only one that felt bad about Narita but thanks to Zero's speech she got over it everyone else seem overjoyed on their victory regardless who died. They're doing heir job why should they care, the same with the BK their doing what they think it's right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
If Okouchi really wanted Britannia to be sympathetic he would have had soldiers question their actions. Okouchi isn't a bad writer, his work on Turn A Gundam is brilliant, and from what I have seen of King Gainer, its also brilliant, now both may be because of Tomino but I doubt it.
This is true but the only time the BK shown remorse is when they were killing in the geass cult (and that was just one member). I never said Okouchi was a bad writer I just mentioned that in King Gainer that the bad guys were kind of dumb or just misguided that's how you felt sympathy for them they just seem to be going about their busy without trying to go to the extremes (I'm refering to those three goofballs who pursued to stop Exodus) Others like Assuham went to the extreme for one simple goal (which was hilarious b the way) There was one more but I forgot his name.
Maxmillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 18:39   Link #151
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Agreed.
Did I mention that I love the philosophy of Code Geass?
Grey is such a nice colour, after all.

Edit:


And Clovis was portrayed as grey right in the beginning just for the heck of it?
You mean the guy who massacred innocent civilians? He wasn't portrayed with any sympathy until after the first series with the extras (I think it was in one of the picture dramas)

Don't mistake having some character depth with true greyness

Like I said the best portrayal of greyness Okouchi has written is Turn A Gundam, where both the Earthlings, and Moon Race where given valid reasons for what they where doing. The result is that neither side was the villain, and you could root for either side. Okouchi also made the Siberian Railroad from King Gainer gray by making it clear that most of them are simply doing their job of preventing Exodus which will cause Siberian Railroad to lose their monopoly.

On the other hand Britannia is introduced as a bunch of racist bastards who have no problem annihalating Japanese at the drop of a hat. They feel no remorse for their actions in ruining the world. They believe they are in the right simply because they are Britannians.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 01:27   Link #152
Neku
yare yare..
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Earth (:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
You do know that Luciano Bradley was psychotic? He was the only person in the entire series with no redeeming qualities what so ever, he was pure evil.
Yes, and therefore?

Quote:
What your stating is that War Crimes are okay, because its war, and Taniguchi, and Okouchi are not stating that.I don't think Okouchi, and Taniguchi are trying to tell people to join the army and indescriminatly slaughter people. They where obviously people that where wrong in this series like Bradley, and Charles.
What I used, was an analogy on how things are perceived. I never implemented whether they were right or wrong.

Quote:
You mean the guy who massacred innocent civilians? He wasn't portrayed with any sympathy until after the first series with the extras (I think it was in one of the picture dramas)
So, what about the fact that Zero left civillians to die as well when Suzaku was pursuing him?

Whether it's Zero, Lelouch or Clovis, they are all tainted. They're not entirely black, not white either. They are mixed, and therefore grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune
But I definitely agree. *-*
Well then, thank you.
__________________
Reborn!
(with nosebleed)
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 02:17   Link #153
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post
Yes, and therefore?



What I used, was an analogy on how things are perceived. I never implemented whether they were right or wrong.



So, what about the fact that Zero left civillians to die as well when Suzaku was pursuing him?

Whether it's Zero, Lelouch or Clovis, they are all tainted. They're not entirely black, not white either. They are mixed, and therefore grey.



Well then, thank you.

Who would be the last person you would try to put your beliefs through?

A psychotic evil person

Why? because its a psychotic evil person it makes your views look messed up. I mean does anyone really believe that it was okay for the Japanese to do what they did in China just because they where part of an army?

Other than Rising Dragon of course
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 03:40   Link #154
Neku
yare yare..
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Earth (:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Who would be the last person you would try to put your beliefs through?

A psychotic evil person

Why? because its a psychotic evil person it makes your views look messed up. I mean does anyone really believe that it was okay for the Japanese to do what they did in China just because they where part of an army?

Other than Rising Dragon of course
You misinterpreted twice.
That was an analogy, an example, not a belief, and not about who to trust. Also, I wasn't saying it's okay. I'm saying it's understandable.
__________________
Reborn!
(with nosebleed)
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 13:35   Link #155
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
You mean the guy who massacred innocent civilians? He wasn't portrayed with any sympathy until after the first series with the extras (I think it was in one of the picture dramas)
In one of the Sound Dramas, yes, but that wasn't all.
I especially liked the scene in which Cornelia mentions that Clovis designed a garden after the one at Alius' Imperial Villa - the place he liked "even though he always argued with Lelouch there".
I think that was the moment my obsession started...

Quote:
Don't mistake having some character depth with true greyness
But, in my opinion, a character with depth is always grey.

Quote:
On the other hand Britannia is introduced as a bunch of racist bastards who have no problem annihalating Japanese at the drop of a hat. They feel no remorse for their actions in ruining the world. They believe they are in the right simply because they are Britannians.
Yet, by the end of the show, the main characters thought they were "worth saving" - just like everyone else.
Oh well. Interpretations.
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 13:43   Link #156
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
we know bradly killed his abusive father when he was just a little kid
does that make him gray (given what we actually saw in the anime)
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 16:08   Link #157
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
we know bradly killed his abusive father when he was just a little kid
does that make him gray (given what we actually saw in the anime)
Well, that was mentioned in the novels, and you know how people like to scream "Non-canon!" when you mention the novels here.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 16:59   Link #158
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, that was mentioned in the novels, and you know how people like to scream "Non-canon!" when you mention the novels here.
irrelevent
it was only ment as a way of showing how character depth does not make a character gray just by being character depth
even if it was completely canon it wouldnt make bradly any less of a monster
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 17:51   Link #159
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
irrelevent
it was only ment as a way of showing how character depth does not make a character gray just by being character depth
even if it was completely canon it wouldnt make bradly any less of a monster
Depth?
Giving a character a bad past and mentioning it with one word (or not at all) doesn't equal depth.
Oh well. If I ever see a character I would call both "deep" and "black", I won't clinge to my believes on this matter. But until that happens... *shrugs*
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 19:57   Link #160
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Yet, by the end of the show, the main characters thought they were "worth saving" - just like everyone else.
Oh well. Interpretations.
Lelouch also thought that Nina, a person that designed the FLEIJA to commit Genocide on the Japanese and only felt sad because it was used on caucasians instead a "good person".
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.