AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-02, 23:59   Link #321
shadowii
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
A) It's a rumor
B) it's from wikipedia

two shots against it already... so I highly doubt that's rue, especially since I don't think there's any evidence to support it

though I admit, I kinda wish Cruz did have a Fragment... but I suspect his role is to be the normal person in a world of superhumans (though I have another theory about why Cruz is a big character, but that's just a completely insane theory)
really? come on tell it, insane theories are so much fun to hear.
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 00:09   Link #322
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, you asked for it...

Assuming that Cruz's role is not meant to be what I described above, he is currently a normal human in a world of Needless (or at least, that's what the story concentrates on), though he does have some guts and a brain. So, why is he a main character, if it's not just to balance things out (though I suspect it really is)? My guess is that somehow, he's the reincarnation of the Second... and farther down the road, we might begin to see signs of this. Unfortunately, right now he just seems to be the guy who has sharper senses than the others

Theory number two, based on this: his Fragment power is Detect...
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 00:26   Link #323
shadowii
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Well, you asked for it...

Assuming that Cruz's role is not meant to be what I described above, he is currently a normal human in a world of Needless (or at least, that's what the story concentrates on), though he does have some guts and a brain. So, why is he a main character, if it's not just to balance things out (though I suspect it really is)? My guess is that somehow, he's the reincarnation of the Second... and farther down the road, we might begin to see signs of this. Unfortunately, right now he just seems to be the guy who has sharper senses than the others

Theory number two, based on this: his Fragment power is Detect...
I had a similar theory that Cruz somehow becomes the second.
Also,mentioned this one on the forum already. One of the possible power for cruz i came up with was that he gains a fragment that doesnt make him any stronger but allows to make other Needless more powerful temporarly like "enhance " or something.

As for your point Alvis I dont see how their not related by blood. except for the eyes their coloring is the same and the whole reason the pulled off trap "Yamada-ko" is because the look like a male/female version of the other
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 00:43   Link #324
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I'm quite far behind on the manga, having read only the scanlated stuff (since I'm not well-versed in Japanese yet), but is Arclight is still needing a body or some way to keep from dying... imagine this Fragment for Cruz that would really put him on Arclight's radar:

He doesn't get any stronger, but he gets a Fragment that grants him invunerability to Needless attacks...
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 03:10   Link #325
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclown463 View Post
deja vu
Spoiler for ch 01&71:
lol! Never realized those panels. Blade's a savior.

Well the "Black Spot" doujin manga has some hints of a godlike kid with a SCAR on his neck.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 07:10   Link #326
Plant42
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ashiarai-Yashiki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Well, you asked for it...

Assuming that Cruz's role is not meant to be what I described above, he is currently a normal human in a world of Needless (or at least, that's what the story concentrates on), though he does have some guts and a brain. So, why is he a main character, if it's not just to balance things out (though I suspect it really is)? My guess is that somehow, he's the reincarnation of the Second... and farther down the road, we might begin to see signs of this. Unfortunately, right now he just seems to be the guy who has sharper senses than the others

Theory number two, based on this: his Fragment power is Detect...
I also had that kind of theory too,The first one is the reincarnation's one that you already mentioned and the other one is the descendant one.
What if Cruz and Arka are Christ The Second's secret bloodline?
Well the "Cruz had some relations with Christ The Second" theory may help us in solving one mystery.

Spoiler for EP51:


p.s. Both of the siblings's name are also related with Christ too.
Cruz = Cross(In Spanish)
Arka = Ark(In Latin)
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 23:49   Link #327
shadowii
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
About Cruz, one of my insane theories is that he is more deeply connected to the bad guys than he knows.
Spoiler for various scenes:
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 00:12   Link #328
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
@Plant42

So are you suggesting we're borrowing elements from the Da Vinci Code?

The only problem I really have with this manga, other than it being monthly: There has to be something about Cruz that's being kept hidden... and who knows when we'll get the bombshell dropped about him
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 05:54   Link #329
Plant42
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ashiarai-Yashiki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
The only problem I really have with this manga, other than it being monthly: There has to be something about Cruz that's being kept hidden... and who knows when we'll get the bombshell dropped about him
Yeah that's it. waiting for it to be revealed is really painful
And there are many mysteries that still wait to be solved.

Spoiler:
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 19:03   Link #330
BlueDo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Hmm... is it possible to have a Missing-Link Fragment, but not be able to use it because you're not a Missing-Link?
That's the case with Blade, although he technically only memorized them.

Quote:
2. About Saten -His motivation -His true power. We only know what his "Daiyonhadou" fragment is, but it'seem he didn't use his true power against Blade. Remember Cruz and resistance's flashback in Vol.6? There are the scene where he use a technique called "Daigouhadou"(The fifth wave)to finish off the resistances, and it's detail are still unknown.
Thanks for clarifying that.
At first I assumed that the fifth wave was weaker, and that he had evolved from that since then.
There's also the mystery as to why he cannot be scanned.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 20:59   Link #331
shadowii
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
......?

What is that supposed to mean?

.....to the purest state?(Pure kinetic energy blast or something?Or rip the space and time with the energy?)
I dont know either but what pops into my mind is Kamehameha.
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 22:41   Link #332
Dragonkid11
A random-man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
Hmm... is it possible to have a Missing-Link Fragment, but not be able to use it because you're not a Missing-Link?
That's the case with Blade, although he technically only memorized them.


Thanks for clarifying that.
At first I assumed that the fifth wave was weaker, and that he had evolved from that since then.
There's also the mystery as to why he cannot be scanned.
Just a thought...is Saten fragment "energy transfer" ?

I just don't get it...

He absord heat energy from the ground or whatever...and blast it into kinetic or heat blast again....maybe he can make sound blast as well?
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 22:44   Link #333
shadowii
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
just let you guys know (most probably do already)
needless zero II can now be fully downloaded from some site if you punch in Needless zero 2 on google
Just finished looking at the pictures of NEEDLESS HorrorHouse
....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
Its just too funny god i wish someone would translate this
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 22:46   Link #334
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Oh yes, my other problem with this manga- the majority of it is untranslated...

I would seriously love to help out scanlation groups with translations, but my Japanese isn't good enough for that...
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 23:21   Link #335
BlueDo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
Just a thought...is Saten fragment "energy transfer" ?

I just don't get it...

He absord heat energy from the ground or whatever...and blast it into kinetic or heat blast again....maybe he can make sound blast as well?
I guess his ability is just being able to absorb heat.
The Missing-Link part of his fragment is being able to release it as a 4th or 5th wave.
He's shown to release his energy in a way to make currents, so he might be able to make sound blasts, though they might not be offensive at all.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 00:10   Link #336
Plant42
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ashiarai-Yashiki
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
just let you guys know (most probably do already)
needless zero II can now be fully downloaded from some site if you punch in Needless zero 2 on google
Just finished looking at the pictures of NEEDLESS HorrorHouse
....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
Its just too funny god i wish someone would translate this
Of course HorrorHouse rocks.
It become my most favourite one from the six sidestories, since i have read it from the ultrajump around 2 years ago.

I really wish for it to be animated, too bad that most of the contents are about dirty joke so the chance is almost equal to zero(but there's still a hope for it to become the BD Extra).
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 00:46   Link #337
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
We'll probably get HorrorHouse on the blu ray/DVD HD disks as a special...probably...

also

Saten = Satan
Arclight = Anti-Christ

In the Black Spot manga there was page where where there was a monster, Iam not sure if it's a cerebus, but guessing the names here, it's pretty much based on the bible's revelations.
Spoiler for Saten the HIDDEN AGENDA man:
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 06:28   Link #338
Dragonkid11
A random-man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
I guess his ability is just being able to absorb heat.
The Missing-Link part of his fragment is being able to release it as a 4th or 5th wave.
He's shown to release his energy in a way to make currents, so he might be able to make sound blasts, though they might not be offensive at all.
Sound can KILL,if only at a super high level...but they might just push people away...very far away
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 07:22   Link #339
Wrath88
Kissing...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Given the weight Ruri can manipulate, I say we can view her fragment as a combination of Seto's and Solva's, in a way. WITH LESS 'CALLING YOUR MOVE!'
__________________
Okairii, Nerine-chan
Wrath88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 10:13   Link #340
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
also

Saten = Satan
Arclight = Anti-Christ

In the Black Spot manga there was page where where there was a monster, Iam not sure if it's a cerebus, but guessing the names here, it's pretty much based on the bible's revelations.

And since I know that they were pointing out more references in the anime thread, but that was many pages ago...

I'm pretty sure that Riru= Lilith... I really should compile a list of all the possible name references
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.