AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-09-17, 11:30   Link #5401
Avvesione

^
Sure, if you're not busy, there was a part not covered in the anime (or at least modified). Pages 165-168 in Volume 6 (about the middle of Chapter 41) where Blade discusses the missing piece of the puzzle. In the anime, he talked about symbiosis and then related that to using part of his Forth Wave fragment to withstand and convert Agnishwattas into his attack. It never did mention the puzzle and I know kurusu wanted to figure out what was said there, too.

Thanks!
Old 2010-09-17, 12:15   Link #5402
Ynot

Quote:
Originally Posted by js06 View Post
On the topic of translations, if there are any lines or sections of the untranslated parts you'd like me to do a quick translation for, I'd be willing to do that as 83 isn't out to translate yet.
Makes me feel like a kid in a candy shop
I've uploaded a picture below which I would like a rough translation of. Especially the part which is encircled with red. I always wanted to know why Aruka let Cruz escape in the sewers instead of killing him herself on the spot and I think that question is answered here. I *think* she says they are blood related brother and sister and she couldn't endure killing him with her own hands?

Spoiler for needless:
Old 2010-09-17, 13:17   Link #5403
js06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
^
Sure, if you're not busy, there was a part not covered in the anime (or at least modified). Pages 165-168 in Volume 6 (about the middle of Chapter 41) where Blade discusses the missing piece of the puzzle. In the anime, he talked about symbiosis and then related that to using part of his Forth Wave fragment to withstand and convert Agnishwattas into his attack. It never did mention the puzzle and I know kurusu wanted to figure out what was said there, too.

Thanks!
Here you go.
Spoiler for Spoilered for space:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
Makes me feel like a kid in a candy shop
I've uploaded a picture below which I would like a rough translation of. Especially the part which is encircled with red. I always wanted to know why Aruka let Cruz escape in the sewers instead of killing him herself on the spot and I think that question is answered here. I *think* she says they are blood related brother and sister and she couldn't endure killing him with her own hands?

Spoiler for needless:
You had it exactly right.
Here's that whole panel:
Spoiler for Aruka:
js06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 14:17   Link #5404
Avvesione

^
Thanks for the speedy translations for both of us.

Does it take you a long time to do translations or are you very fluent in both Japanese and English?
Old 2010-09-17, 15:00   Link #5405
js06

^
English is my first language and my reading comprehension of Japanese is close to fluent, so I can pretty much look at the Japanese line and type up an English translation. I still have to look up the occasional word though.
js06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 15:38   Link #5406
Soji

I must admit ,I'm relieved Aruka said this.
first I could not to understand the reminiscence of Cruz and Aruka past,I mean those images shown at the death of Cruz.
And now I understand why the leader of resistance was so sure that the chip was safe with Cruz.
Pity that Aruka was willing to kill him personally twice.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 15:46   Link #5407
Avvesione

I guess she realized it was her fault Simeon wasn't able to retrieve the data chip from the Resistance and tried to correct her mistake and kill Cruz. Still, she got the chip when she sliced off his arm.

As for the other text, I thought it was interesting how Blade explained how he used parts of both fragments to create a new power for him. That probably means there are incomplete fragments out there for those who do not have enough intelligence. That might mean Mio fragment can become more powerful is she can use her whole brain to unlock missing parts of her power fragment. Or maybe Cruz can unlock something once he begins to comprehend what being a Needless is like.
Old 2010-09-17, 16:12   Link #5408
Soji

^I forgot to comment this part.
you're right is interesting how blade has solved that trouble.
Regarding Cruz he not believe enough in himself ,I mean he never thinks to have other resources in short is too pessimistic.Vs Uten Eve motivates him and he begins to use his smartness,in the current chapter is Saten.I do not deny is improved ,but he must overcome this part of his character.maybe if we're lucky he will do in this arc and thanks to this he unlock that something .

Last edited by Soji; 2010-09-17 at 17:16.
Old 2010-09-17, 16:21   Link #5409
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Quote:
Or maybe Cruz can unlock something once he begins to comprehend what being a Needless is like.
If Cruz is becoming a Needless. Which is something I'm still not convinced of, despite all the theories that have been put forward here...

Now, what I want to know is whether or not there are any more subtle-yet-important differences between the anime and the manga. Like the thing that came up earlier about Arca being with Simeon before she joined the Resistance, when the manga didn't actually say anything either way. Of course, that's a bit of a vague request.
Old 2010-09-17, 16:38   Link #5410
Soji

^Can I ask you,why you still not convinced?
You cant deny that he is no longer normal,and he not lacks the brains to be a Needless .
so why you still have doubts about this?
Old 2010-09-17, 16:40   Link #5411
Sekirei07

But Saten pretty much confirmed that Cruz is at least now no longer a normal human. Since Arclight's Eden Seed release had the toxin that was what gave birth to the Needless and no normal human could survive being exposed to it.
Old 2010-09-17, 17:47   Link #5412
Avvesione

Well, what I meant was: For Cruz to become a Needless, he'll need to unlock other regions of his brain. In order to be a Needless, you have to be able to use the parts of the brain that allow control over the fragment. For all we know, Cruz could be a Needless right now but not know it. Since he doesn't know he has a fragment, he is not fully utilizing his brain in a way to be a Needless. It's a little complicated but whatever, it's just an idea/theory. Moving along...

While I don't know if he is a Needless (and personally, I'm in the camp that he isn't) it's still tough to explain certain things that happened to him without some sort of power after his resurrection. Of these situations, the hardest one to explain was when Cruz fell into St. Rose. Neither Cruz or Setsuna could figure out how he lived from falling such a height.

Maybe having a hidden "survivability" trait (written about here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3801 [some things would change now but that was written 6 months ago]) would help explain some things.
Old 2010-09-17, 19:03   Link #5413
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Clearly there's something special about Cruz. But we don't know if that's due to some intrinsic power, or someone/something else taking an interest in him. The "gentle hand of light" and ANn's appearance point to the latter. (And on that subject, I'm still trying to work out whether she actually "did" anything to Cruz in the last chapter, or just woke him up to the possibility that he could use his own memories to do the Moses thing...)

Anyway, about the fall from the cliff. Cruz is relieved to have survived it, but he doesn't seem particularly surprised. I think we're forgetting an important fact: Needless is, amongst other things, a gag manga. If the author wants a character to fall a ridiculous distance, make a huge crater, and emerge unscathed for comic effect, then why not? A cheap laugh beats the laws of physics every time. (For another example of this phenomenon, see Gido surviving Teruyama's VSI back in volume 1 with nothing more than a few patches of soot on his lab coat.)
Old 2010-09-17, 20:13   Link #5414
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo A. View Post
Anyway, about the fall from the cliff. Cruz is relieved to have survived it, but he doesn't seem particularly surprised. I think we're forgetting an important fact: Needless is, amongst other things, a gag manga. If the author wants a character to fall a ridiculous distance, make a huge crater, and emerge unscathed for comic effect, then why not? A cheap laugh beats the laws of physics every time. (For another example of this phenomenon, see Gido surviving Teruyama's VSI back in volume 1 with nothing more than a few patches of soot on his lab coat.)
Still, neither could figure out how he was able to survive such a fall. When everyone jumped out of the Simeon tower in Chapter 50, Teruyama (or someone) mentioned that they were dozens of stories up, so they used Seto's fragment to land safely on the ground. Although these cliffs aren't as high, someone who isn't even a Needless was able to fall dozens of stories and land safely in the high security academy. Regardless of what happened there, it's not one of the important events after the PF Blast and was during on of the gag chapters anyway.

Actually, I noticed something when rereading Chapter 56. Setsuna has Kuchinashi go out and get a uniform and seconds later, Setsuna begins stripping Cruz of his clothes. I don't think Kuchinashi was back yet with the uniform... so I wonder what happened while she was gone =P
Old 2010-09-17, 21:24   Link #5415
KaMi-ZeRo

Quote:
I don't think Kuchinashi was back yet with the uniform... so I wonder what happened while she was gone =P
Cruz's last manly act for a very long time
Old 2010-09-17, 21:34   Link #5416
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

I know what happened after she came back.

This image isn't exactly unsafe for work, but you might want to exercise caution nonetheless.

Spoiler for All girls together:
Old 2010-09-17, 21:52   Link #5417
Avvesione

^
Is Kuchinashi untying the string?

I've always liked those little bonus images with all the volumes. The next color ones we see will be in November, so about 2 months away. It's always nice to see some of our old favorites again, even if they're not in the current arc. Seems like there won't be any at the beginning of chapters in this arc (although we got the beach scene at the beginning of 80 and the two at the beginning of the arc[74 and 75]).
Old 2010-09-18, 07:40   Link #5418
Alpha Knight

Hi, guys:

Spoiler for 83 preview:

Hmm, care to translate? It's pretty short.

Last edited by Alpha Knight; 2010-09-18 at 08:18.
Alpha Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 08:21   Link #5419
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
Hi, guys:

Spoiler for 83 preview:
Thanks for the preview
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2010-09-18, 08:46   Link #5420
Alpha Knight