AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-09-28, 13:48   Link #5541
Ynot

You're right, I had forgotten about that. That amount of control should be enough to rid himself of those scars on his chest and neck. So why didn't he remove his own scars? Was it a conscious choice or did something prevent him from doing so?
Old 2010-09-28, 13:57   Link #5542
Soji

^My guess is probably something like Cruz ...even his scars are still present.
I doubt that Eve wanted to leave this scars to Cruz ...therefore she could do anything about this scar.That why I think this was the same for the second.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 14:13   Link #5543
Ynot

Mhhh, on second thought the seconds doppelganger should be far more powerful than Eve's . The seconds healing leaves no scar tissue on the girls face while Eve leaves lots of them on Cruz. I'm not sure he used doppleganger to heal the girls face. Perhaps it's just another one of his fragments. Also, it looks like he didn't even have to touch the girls face to heal it.

Anyway, if he can patch up the girl like that he should've been able to do the same for himself right? The only thing I can think of is he lost that particular fragment at some point.
Old 2010-09-28, 14:26   Link #5544
Soji

^You're right he not touched her face(vol 2 chapter 12 pag 11).
My guess ...He obtained these scars after he had already lost all is fragments.
I mean we know he lost them ...We have been told more than once in the manga ..so it seems normal to make this hypothesis.

Last edited by Soji; 2010-09-28 at 14:49.
Old 2010-09-28, 15:13   Link #5545
Ynot

When looking for the chapter in which the second healed the girls face and noticed he just held his hand in front of her face instead of actually touching it I was reminded of Mengroze. Mengroze needs some sort of power to connect nerves, blood vessels etc to create his multi limbed monsters..... or perhaps the eiru system is used to help him make his creations.
Spoiler for needless:
Old 2010-09-28, 21:06   Link #5546
Avvesione

That's kinda creepy... I was rereading that chapter last night and thinking about the Second's abilities.

Well, the Second had every fragment, but I'm not sure he had Zero or Doppelganger which seem to be man-made fragments. The reason is that there is a rule in Needless where no one Needless can have more than one fragment. The fault here is that Arclight and Blade originally had two fragments. Zero is the fragment which memorizes other fragments, meaning it would be impossible to tell if the Second had or not, but most likely did not since it would be impossible to use. I'm guessing the Second had a healing fragment (like I thought Hinata might have) which would heal those who needed it. Interestingly, it could also be a Time fragment which reverses time until the wounded returned to their original state (did anyone here read Hoshi no Samidare [aka The Lucifer and the Biscut Hammer] since it might work like an ability from that manga). As for Mengroze having that ability, that would make sense. However, it'll be interesting to see what he can do since we'll be seeing him in the next chapter or so.

Anyway, I was looking at the story of the Second Christ last night trying to see what obvious fragments might appear in the upcoming arcs. I made a list almost a year ago with one of the fragments being an Ice Needless. Obviously, that role has been fulfilled by Strom. However, I'm still hoping to see some new fragments soon including: Lightning/Electricity, Poison/Toxicity, Control over Animals (or a certain group of animals), Light/Darkness, Healing, Time, or near derivations of existing fragments (like how Nanami and Hatfield both controlled water and used Aqua Coral as an attack). I've been really happy with a lot of the fragments seen in the series thus far, with many creative ones like Strings, Fragrance, and, although not in the serialized manga, Second Sight.

If anyone has any ideas on a fragment they'd like to see (or even not like to see) feel free to say something. I'm kinda interested to see what some of the regulars (and even lurkers) think.
Old 2010-09-29, 09:58   Link #5547
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
When looking for the chapter in which the second healed the girls face and noticed he just held his hand in front of her face instead of actually touching it I was reminded of Mengroze. Mengroze needs some sort of power to connect nerves, blood vessels etc to create his multi limbed monsters..... or perhaps the eiru system is used to help him make his creations.
Spoiler for needless:
Now that you mention...the two gestures of the hand are the same..change only the hand used I'm not surprised it was the same fragment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
That's kinda creepy... I was rereading that chapter last night and thinking about the Second's abilities.

Well, the Second had every fragment, but I'm not sure he had Zero or Doppelganger which seem to be man-made fragments. The reason is that there is a rule in Needless where no one Needless can have more than one fragment. The fault here is that Arclight and Blade originally had two fragments. Zero is the fragment which memorizes other fragments, meaning it would be impossible to tell if the Second had or not, but most likely did not since it would be impossible to use. I'm guessing the Second had a healing fragment (like I thought Hinata might have) which would heal those who needed it. Interestingly, it could also be a Time fragment which reverses time until the wounded returned to their original state (did anyone here read Hoshi no Samidare [aka The Lucifer and the Biscut Hammer] since it might work like an ability from that manga). As for Mengroze having that ability, that would make sense. However, it'll be interesting to see what he can do since we'll be seeing him in the next chapter or so.

Anyway, I was looking at the story of the Second Christ last night trying to see what obvious fragments might appear in the upcoming arcs. I made a list almost a year ago with one of the fragments being an Ice Needless. Obviously, that role has been fulfilled by Strom. However, I'm still hoping to see some new fragments soon including: Lightning/Electricity, Poison/Toxicity, Control over Animals (or a certain group of animals), Light/Darkness, Healing, Time, or near derivations of existing fragments (like how Nanami and Hatfield both controlled water and used Aqua Coral as an attack). I've been really happy with a lot of the fragments seen in the series thus far, with many creative ones like Strings, Fragrance, and, although not in the serialized manga, Second Sight.

If anyone has any ideas on a fragment they'd like to see (or even not like to see) feel free to say something. I'm kinda interested to see what some of the regulars (and even lurkers) think.
I understand what you mean about zero and doppleganger..honestly I've always thought were the only two left in the remains of the Second Christ...now I no longer know what to think about this
As the fragments that I would like to see...you have them listed yourself the only one that I had not thought it was Control over Animals..but this is because I have not seen animals in the black spot.
However I think that darkness is appeared thanks to Saten and its fifth wave
Old 2010-09-29, 14:04   Link #5548
Ynot

Quote:
I'd like to see something like "Invoke fear" and "bodyswitch". Wouldn't it be funny to see Yamada in Blade's body and vice versa? I know it's been done to death in other manga's etc, but still I'd love to see it happen in Needless.
Old 2010-09-29, 21:26   Link #5549
js06

Quote:
Since the majority of the fragments we've seen are either element or substance based, I'd be interested to see some more that are a little more abstract along the lines of Cain's "Voice" fragment from Needless 1.5 or Kana's "Overtechnology".
js06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 23:52   Link #5550
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo A. View Post
Speaking of merchandise...

This one's for Sekirei07. (He knows why. )

The text is "ZENRA NI TEBUKUROOOOO!!!". I leave the translation as an exercise for the reader.

There's a picture on the back too:
Spoiler for NWG:
Lol my sig from the other forum in T-shirt form. God I wish I had it
Old 2010-09-30, 12:21   Link #5551
shadowii

Thats a great thing about Needless (and any good anime/manga) just when you think you know all of the mechanics something new shows up.
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 13:19   Link #5552
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Quote:
Gender Swap. And, obviously, it should be used on Cruz.
Old 2010-09-30, 17:50   Link #5553
Kefit

Chapter 83 released: http://pyupyu.wordpress.com/2010/09/...s-83-released/

I'd rather see powers possessed by existing charactesr be developed further than be faced with an endless cavalcade of new powers. This style of story telling does call for occasional upgrades, after all.

Of course, new powers are still necessary for bosses and the like. I think a teleporting power could be a lot of fun. Especially once Blade learns it and realizes he can use it to teleport clothing off of lolis.
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 17:58   Link #5554
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo A. View Post
Gender Swap. And, obviously, it should be used on Cruz.
There was that girl who could flip characters personalities from the drama CD. I think she wore bells. Can't remember where I saw it though, I think Eve was wearing a frilly long dress in image with Cruz
Old 2010-09-30, 18:26   Link #5555
Avvesione

Glad people provided some feedback on fragments. I'm guessing we'll see one a new fragment in the next arc, since there's always been a new fragment in each arc we've seen (Air Pressure, Overtechnology and Rain Maker, Memory Guard, Gorgon Hair, and Ice).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefit View Post
Wonderful! Glad to see the new chapter has been translated and released. Even happier to see that you'll do the middle chapters (28-49) now! Looking forward to seeing what things we missed in the past. We'll probably get new information about how fragments work and some new insight into characters. Looking forward to having the scene in my sig fully translated (I'm 90% sure what it says but I want to see what js06 thinks).

Thanks for taking up this new project! Wish you guys the very best of luck with it! Do you also think you'll do Needless 0 and 0 II stories as well or just the serialized manga?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
There was that girl who could flip characters personalities from the drama CD. I think she wore bells. Can't remember where I saw it though, I think Eve was wearing a frilly long dress in image with Cruz
You're thinking about Crochet?
Spoiler:
Makes me want to get the drama CDs that much more... but yeah, that's her only appearance in the Needless universe thus far. Dunno if she'll make an appearance in the manga.
Old 2010-09-30, 18:35   Link #5556
K. Shiruto

Quote:
Spoiler:
Makes me want to get the drama CDs that much more... but yeah, that's her only appearance in the Needless universe thus far. Dunno if she'll make an appearance in the manga.
Actually, she was killed, I think. She turned Cruz into a killer machine, and he pummeled her to death.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 18:42   Link #5557
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
Actually, she was killed, I think. She turned Cruz into a killer machine, and he pummeled her to death.
Yeah, that's what I heard, too. That also happened before Horror House, so unless there's a Needless Zero III... or they clone her... then I guess we won't see her in the series.
Old 2010-09-30, 18:44   Link #5558
Xion Valkyrie

Cruz is wearing magic censorship panties. So he's gonna remain a Trap from now on? I don't mind =D
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 19:26   Link #5559
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
Wait, Cruz ACTUALLY killed someone!?
Old 2010-09-30, 19:39   Link #5560
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefit View Post
Thanks. Also, glad to see you're going to fill in the gaps. That should give us plenty to talk about in between new chapters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Here.
Spoiler for frilly:
I find that much scarier than the thought of Cruz killing someone...

Quote:
That's Clochette ("little bell").

Tags
action, comedy, seinen