AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-01-10, 20:54   Link #6201
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

whos this ann person you guys keep talking about?
Old 2011-01-10, 22:54   Link #6202
Sekirei07

Ann refers to Adam Neuschwanstein

Who is the mysterious girl that appeared in Needless Zero and most recently to Cruz in the memory world. She carries Blade's choker on her neck and has the Zero fragment as well.

Since her name is Adam and there is already Blade and Arclight as Adam's and her last name is such a bitch to spell its easier to refer her simply as Ann for her initials.
Old 2011-01-11, 00:59   Link #6203
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Since her name is Adam and there is already Blade and Arclight as Adam's and her last name is such a bitch to spell its easier to refer her simply as Ann for her initials.
Yeah, there's already 3 Adams (4 if you include Adam C) and 2 Neuschwansteins, so it'd be confusing to go with either name. By calling her ANn, it makes things easier (as well as give her a female sounding name, although her name is Adam). It's thought that she'll be the main character after this saga is finished.

Btw, js06, were there any changes in any of ANn's drawings in Volume 12? Just curious if there were any minor changes to her appearance, style, corrections, whatever.
Old 2011-01-11, 01:42   Link #6204
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Just went looking for Needless 0 and i couldnt find it.
Has no one scanlated it yet?
Old 2011-01-11, 01:43   Link #6205
Voras
Disabled By Request

I just hope Blade still be there if she do become the next main character,I wouldn't mind if blade leave for an while and come back later.
Voras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 07:37   Link #6206
K. Shiruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voras View Post
I just hope Blade still be there if she do become the next main character,I wouldn't mind if blade leave for an while and come back later.
I'm sorry to tell yout this, but Blade is pretty much dead at that point of the story. The fact Adam N. wears his chocker is the main indication. Actually, how come Adam N. wears his chocker when it's an irremovable item is one of the biggest misteries. The other would be the sky-blue hair and the Eve traits.

Last edited by K. Shiruto; 2011-01-11 at 07:59.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 08:26   Link #6207
Soji

^I wonder about that.
This memory world seems to be the meeting of the time paradoxes , I not goin to be suprise if at the end of this arc, both Ann and blade coexist at the same time with the same choker creating another time paradox. Up to now we have .. - Cruzin Yamada version went back in time with Saten.
-Cruz and Saten helping Blade to save Eve, and according to Saten, could also be they help them in the real world (and this is another paradox).
-Cruz dressed as Eve and I admit that is the funniest of the time paradoxes . - Cruz met AnN and only him can seen and heard her .
-Mister spiderman that saved Yamada.
Maybe I could avoid listing some event ... but all this should not surprise us at all. So do not give to have died Blade also because I doubt that Eve would be normal after such an event (be true also for Yamada .. but lately I do not have a good feeling about him)
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 08:38   Link #6208
K. Shiruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Maybe I could avoid listing some event ... but all this should not surprise us at all. So do not give to have died Blade also because I doubt that Eve would be normal after such an event (be true also for Yamada .. but lately I do not have a good feeling about him)
Tell that to me Just one more week before we find out what learning such power will lead to. But while we are waiting, my thoughts about that can't be more pessimistic, specially when the demon himself is smirking diabolically at your face...
Old 2011-01-11, 11:05   Link #6209
Sekirei07

I am more interested in the cosplay paradox...

Is Cruz cosplaying as Eve or has Eve really been cosplaying as Cruz the whole time? O_o
Old 2011-01-11, 12:39   Link #6210
Voras
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
I'm sorry to tell yout this, but Blade is pretty much dead at that point of the story. The fact Adam N. wears his chocker is the main indication. Actually, how come Adam N. wears his chocker when it's an irremovable item is one of the biggest misteries. The other would be the sky-blue hair and the Eve traits.
what if the collar just got off his neck or something*sniff*
nooooooooo Blade is to cool to go.

But I do remember when that guy said they are still working on the Adam project..so anything could happen......i still could be wrong though.

just when Blade starting to get an lot a fans too >.< noooooooooooo I hope something else happens,I hope he just vanish away for an long while
Voras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 15:35   Link #6211
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3 Send a message via Skype™ to Ca12nag3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
^I wonder about that.
This memory world seems to be the meeting of the time paradoxes , I not goin to be suprise if at the end of this arc, both Ann and blade coexist at the same time with the same choker creating another time paradox. Up to now we have .. - Cruzin Yamada version went back in time with Saten.
-Cruz and Saten helping Blade to save Eve, and according to Saten, could also be they help them in the real world (and this is another paradox).
-Cruz dressed as Eve and I admit that is the funniest of the time paradoxes . - Cruz met AnN and only him can seen and heard her .
-Mister spiderman that saved Yamada.
1 thing also is a major time paradox.

Both Adam Blade and Eve N are the first 2 he ever met with those names. He barely knew anything about Needless except from the general publics point of view.
Also Blade and Eve are here and now. So seeing ANn now is weird enough, but to be shown that only Cruz can see her is more awkward.

Another thing is that a lot of the traits Blade has now are traits Strom here has, how he likes girls (particular his daughter ofc). So possible both Blade and Strom fuse together as 1?

And then Eve and Blade might fuse becomming ANn?

still doesnt explain why Cruz sees her here and now tho lol.
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 16:10   Link #6212
Sekirei07

Don't forgot how Kafka saved Cruz last second like how Cruz and Blade first met.

We'll when humans experience things through there sense, they can rearrange those experiences in order to create something new. Like you see sliced bread and than you see a jar of peanut butter and jelly, you than get the idea to put them together and make a sandwich.

Cruz has experienced the existence of both Blade and Eve. So from a mental physiological point its possible to put together a new person by combining the two through mental imaging.

Wouldn't that be something if Ann was in fact born though Cruz's consciousness into the real world by some means. Like how God created Adam and Eve, Cruz could create Ann. Although thats really thinking left field lol. But than Blade wouldn't have to die than lol

Edit: oh it just came to me how they could do a season two of the anime, make everything that happened after Cruz was cut down into a dream! Like Cruz wakes up after being resuscitated and was like wait, didn't the anime end? and they all make it out as a big joke (fits into the whole comedy of them breaking the fourth wall lol) than go the right course without having to retail the whole story again, since all the major plot changes didn't occur until after Cruz woke up.
Old 2011-01-11, 17:12   Link #6213
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

??? whats all this talk about blade dying from what i read nothing seems to imply that his gonna die yet!!
Did someone here predict his gonna die and everyone else just followed suit....
Old 2011-01-11, 17:49   Link #6214
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
??? whats all this talk about blade dying from what i read nothing seems to imply that his gonna die yet!!
Did someone here predict his gonna die and everyone else just followed suit....
It pretty much has to do with the fact that Ann is wearing Blade's choker which implies that Blade would have to be dead for that to happen since the chokers can't be removed as far as we know.
Old 2011-01-11, 18:01   Link #6215
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3 Send a message via Skype™ to Ca12nag3
*final episode blade takes off his choker and puts it arounds ANn's neck* myth busted

We realy dont know if its a actual part of his body, if it can or cannot come of or let alone would kill him.
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 18:29   Link #6216
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca12nag3 View Post
*final episode blade takes off his choker and puts it arounds ANn's neck* myth busted

We realy dont know if its a actual part of his body, if it can or cannot come of or let alone would kill him.
Maybe we'll learn about his choker during this surgery. After all, Eve's choker has also been a discussed topic, as well.

Hopefully the end of this memory world arc will fill in some information from this point to the present. Hopefully we learn why Blade left Gido and Eve and joined up with Seto in the guild. Maybe we'll learn what Blade and Eve were doing in Chapter 1 when Blade met up with Cruz and Eve was out on her motorcycle (which we never see again).

Also, I'm looking forward to next chapter (~8-9 days now) since we may see more of Cruz's flashback and see Aruka again! It's been so long since we've seen a real girl.
Old 2011-01-12, 16:30   Link #6217
K. Shiruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca12nag3 View Post

Another thing is that a lot of the traits Blade has now are traits Strom here has, how he likes girls (particular his daughter ofc). So possible both Blade and Strom fuse together as 1?
Nope, you misunderstood. Strom didn't spare Toria because of that, he is just forgetful.

Oh, and the chocker can't be removed by normal means. Though if you use a chainsaw...
Old 2011-01-12, 21:12   Link #6218
Robotech Master

I've been meaning to post this for a while now, but only got some time set aside for it just now, so here goes:

In regards to the conflicting and sometimes mind-numbing comments by Saten that make us wonder whether this mind world is just a dream unrelated to reality, or somehow *is* connected to the past, this is what I think might be the case:

First off, the primary theory I'm subscribing to is that its a dream entirely, with no actual time travel to the actual past. Events happening in this dream world aren't affecting the present. There are two instances I can recall where Saten seems to contradict this, whereas most of this arc seems to otherwise point to the above theory as the obvious answer.

The first is when he tells Cruz not to worry about Eve, because since she is alive in the present, it means they succeed here. This is understandably confusing, but if you think about it, Saten is implying something else entirely. That's this:

Blade's memory world is a jumbled mess in terms of chronology, people, and relationships, but there are certain things that Blade's subconscious memories KNOW to be fact. One of these things Blade's memories knows for certain is that Eve is still alive. Therefore, no matter how jumbled up or dangerous his memory world gets, it will -always- write itself to keep that certain knowledge consistent. So Saten isn't talking about this being the actual past being certain because of Eve's present, but about the fact that Blade's memory world won't allow her to die.

In other words, there are things about the present that Blade holds to be "Canon," and no matter what twists and turns his storyline goes through, in the end it has to match up with that Canon.

This also jives with Kafka. Blade knows that he fought and killed Kafka, therefore he can't die in this situation; the 'plot' of his dreamworld will make it so. Hence, the reason why Saten was so careful not to try to kill Kafka in their fight; it wasn't fear of a butterfly effect on reality, but a Deus Ex Machina on the part of Blade's memories, and who knows what that could lead to.

Second one is more iffy: It's when he suggests that him and Cruz helping Shounen Blade is "what happened' so they need to go along with it. I think this was lost in translation or else poor, confusing language on Imai's part. Going off of the above theory, I would say a better interpretation of what Saten is trying to say is:
"Hey, this must be the plot that Blade's memory world is creating to get Eve back to normal; it wants us to be a part of it now, so we have to go along with it."

So in summary: Jumbled past must match certain canon knowledge of present; Eve is protected, so the plot has no choice but to rescue her and probably show how she reached her present condition, and Saten recognizes that said plot had incorporated them into it, so they better go along or else his mind will go all deus ex on them and they could end up in a worse situation.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 22:54   Link #6219
Avvesione

^
Well said. My thoughts on the memory world seem to match your own in many areas. I guess all theories on this memory world arc are derived from what Saten is telling Cruz and what's actually going on. There is another detail that is often omitted from these types of discussions (although it has been incorporated in the past few posts) that might help us understand the whole memory realm.

In the past, there obviously wouldn't have been a missing gap in the middle of Blackspot like that, yet it existed in the dream world. Both Blade and Strom/Voras thought it was a strange occurrence to see a black spot like that in Blackspot (haha pun). But that's strange... why wouldn't that missing spot in Blade's memories be overwritten with something else? Something like what happened with Kafka's character (Kafka is replacing someone else Blade faced, Saten explained). ANn needed to come in to allow Cruz to use his own memories to create a new one in Blade's. If this were the past, then Cruz shouldn't be able to use his memories to create something in the past.

Another clue that we can help use to figure out this memory world is ANn. ANn's physical manifestation before Cruz and her interaction with him might provide some clues to the nature of this dream world. But there's something strange about her powers. ANn's fragment (at least in Needless 2) is Zero and what she did doesn't seem like anything we've seen from Zero yet. It kinda looked like an innate ability or something. Plus that whole appear/float/disappear thing doesn't seem like any fragment we've seen yet (although floating might be like Psychokinesis).

Oh well, hopefully we get this answered sometime soon.
Old 2011-01-12, 23:34   Link #6220
js06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
Btw, js06, were there any changes in any of ANn's drawings in Volume 12? Just curious if there were any minor changes to her appearance, style, corrections, whatever.
No, all the art of ANn is the same.
js06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, seinen