AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-09-27, 11:14   Link #7281
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
^That's a good point you rise here.
If I remember correctly Cruz had not yet been created when Needless 1.5 was designed .
Which means it will be interesting to see what will the author do.
Beacuse (like you said) cant exist two characters with the same role and similar nature.
Now whatever the author has in mind, one thing is certain and that is that there is not way in the hell that two characters with the same role can exist in Needless 1.5.
For this I am really curious to see how the author will develop the story from now on .
may be they'll fight for two opposite side...or Cain probably Cruz clone,... or Brainwashed Cruz (with new memories and have no recollection about his past) and suffer to acute DejaVu after entering Black Spot

Uten combine with Kafka?, now...Kandata String can be invisible talking about Bondage now...hahahaha

And since Hatfield body is destroyed by Predator Cross move pulled by combination of Seth and Solva power, I doubt we'll see his clone like this two (unless Saten already collect his blood before his death)
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 12:39   Link #7282
K. Shiruto

I'm pretty sure Hatfield will be back in a not so distant future, if we wish to see his outstanding combo with Strom some day.

Is true he got destroyed, but not completely, look:

http://pic.tenmanga.com/comics/16867...da012dd577.jpg

A hand.

I find the latest plot twist amazing btw, how Imai did as if he pulled it out of the blue, and yet, there were already numerous hints about the coming back of the deceased members of Simeon, and not in the later chapters, but in the earliers, which is twice awesome. It's really admirable, writing at its best.

I guess now I understand why Arclight didn't give a shit when he was told that Kafka & Uten got defeated.

Last edited by K. Shiruto; 2011-09-27 at 12:52.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 21:24   Link #7283
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skieth View Post
^

I'm hoping that Cain never actually appears in the main or new series. Whenever I go back to 1.5, I feel like I'm looking at Cruz, as Cain's personality seems very similar to the way Cruz was at the start of Needless. If he's going to be a character in 2, I hope Kami decides to change him a little.
You're forgetting something, probably the most important feature of Cain that distinguishes him from Cruz. Cain is a Needless. He has the Voice fragment. That alone is why he'll be around, although maybe not as much as Cruz (who is the main character). Cain also has some minor differences in his personality from Cruz, too. Cain isn't as smart but appears to be more adventurous and outgoing. As for looks, well.... let's just say Cain looks like a man right now. =P
Old 2011-09-28, 04:16   Link #7284
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
You're forgetting something, probably the most important feature of Cain that distinguishes him from Cruz. Cain is a Needless. He has the Voice fragment. That alone is why he'll be around, although maybe not as much as Cruz (who is the main character). Cain also has some minor differences in his personality from Cruz, too. Cain isn't as smart but appears to be more adventurous and outgoing. As for looks, well.... let's just say Cain looks like a man right now. =P
and Cruz look like a Pedo Bear Favorite Loli Dish
It will be a ridiculous development, if somehow the two meet, and Cain fall for him (may be Cain saw Yamada Killer Girls ID card) and fight Blade for him
Old 2011-09-28, 06:07   Link #7285
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

My theory about Cruz's role in Needless 2: He's retired to a tropical island somewhere, along with Disk and the PGS. A well-earned reward for saving the day, which he's bound to do at some point during the current arc.

And speaking of Disk: She's just awesome in every respect.

Spoiler for read at your own risk:
Old 2011-09-28, 10:42   Link #7286
Skieth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
The voice fragment is another reason I dislike Cain. Voice as it was presented in 1.5 was an extremely powerful fragment, and while it worked for a quick one shot, it would be too powerful to work in the series. Imagine for a moment replacing Cruz for Cain, who was the main character in 1.5. Think of how boring the series would have been with a main character who can literally tell the antagonists to stop fighting or moving. With a command of "Don't use your powers" even Arclight would have been easy to defeat, and can you imagine Blade with voice, no girl would ever be safe
Skieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 13:10   Link #7287
K. Shiruto

^Skeith you are taking hasty conclusions. I'm pretty sure Voice like many other fragments has its limitations. Something tells me it only works against people with a low spirit.
Old 2011-09-28, 13:43   Link #7288
Soji

^I think AC disagrees with you
But I agreed I think it has some limitations as well .... the author does not like to make fragment/power that seem godlike without that they have some weaknesses.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 14:17   Link #7289
K. Shiruto

Considering Cain isn't using his fragment anymore during the Black Spot chapter and resorts to physical combat, I think is safe to say that the voice ability hardly works anymore. I wonder which are its limitations.
Old 2011-09-28, 14:41   Link #7290
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Considering Cain isn't using his fragment anymore during the Black Spot chapter and resorts to physical combat, I think is safe to say that the voice ability hardly works anymore. I wonder which are its limitations.
dry throat I guess? and then he need Fisherman's Friends or Strepsils or may be Gatorade to quench the thirst hahahahaha

Cain.... Abel....
We already have Adam (a bunch of them) and Eve
who's next?
Old 2011-09-28, 14:47   Link #7291
K. Shiruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
dry throat I guess? and then he need Fisherman's Friends or Strepsils or may be Gatorade to quench the thirst hahahahaha

Cain.... Abel....
We already have Adam (a bunch of them) and Eve
who's next?
The other Seth. (though maybe is the same Seth we know)
Old 2011-09-28, 15:43   Link #7292
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3 Send a message via Skype™ to Ca12nag3
About the Cain and Cruz issue i think its very much possible this is years ahead in time, Cruz still ages no...? Hed be a adult when Cain is a kid. So there is your solution?
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 16:06   Link #7293
Skieth

Quote:
^Skeith you are taking hasty conclusions. I'm pretty sure Voice like many other fragments has its limitations. Something tells me it only works against people with a low spirit.
It could have some limitations, but like I said as it was presented to us in 1.5, it didn't seem to have any. Stopped Adem Cyclops dead in her tracks when Ann used it. It was also able to affect anyone whom Cain yelled at, and he wasn't even aware of his ability at the time. At the of 1.5, ANN asks Cain if he was attacked while he was bringing back some water, and he just casually says yes, but he got through using Voice. Like Avvesione said earlier, 1.5 came out about 10 years, and at that time their wouldn't have been any need to put a limitation on the power, as it at the time would only have been a one shot chapter. I think it could be brought into the series, but its going to need some major restrictions placed on it.

Last edited by Skieth; 2011-09-28 at 16:18.
Old 2011-09-28, 16:54   Link #7294
K. Shiruto

^It will have some limitations, no doubt. All the fragments have, even Zero.
Old 2011-09-28, 17:17   Link #7295
Avvesione

^
I can think of some limitations for Voice. One limitation seems to be that it is targeted. Every instance that it's used, it has always been a command and it only affects one person. There have always been others around that seem to not be affected by it when it is used. And the duration of the effect isn't specified either. You probably also have to have a clear and complete communication, such as Cain cannot be interrupted and the victim must hear the whole thing (an explosion in the middle of the command might nullify the fragment if that's the case).

Another limitation is that only one command may be present at a time. As soon as another Voice is used, the old one is overridden, meaning you can't just stack command after command on a person. Unless you have an Eden Seed maybe... Maybe the limitation is Cain is as non-aggressive as Cruz is? That and ANn can't remember names, so she might make mistakes when she tries to use it.

It's hard to know for sure what the limitations for Voice are but there are limitations on everyone in Needless. And that includes Cruz's intelligence. When he was planning Kurumi's death, he never realized that Eve would still be under Simeon's control, an opportunity Setsuna (or whoever organized that long fight in the Third Shelter) took full advantage of. And his plans during the battle/evacuation of Black Market were foiled by Hatfield and nearly cost everyone their lives.

I imagine Voice being a weaker version of Black Attraction and a stronger version of Fragrance. Some slight differences but pretty much something along those lines.
Old 2011-09-28, 17:44   Link #7296
K. Shiruto

Speaking of Black Attraction, I guess we can expect Kurumi to reappear soon, after the coming back of Kafka & Uten.
Old 2011-09-28, 21:11   Link #7297
Avvesione

Quote:
Speaking of Black Attraction, I guess we can expect Kurumi to reappear soon, after the coming back of Kafka & Uten.
Speaking of Black Attraction, anyone surprised Blade hasn't used it on a girl yet? I mean, he's had it Third Shelter... surprised he hasn't tried to us it beside cancelling Eve's control.
Old 2011-09-28, 23:36   Link #7298
Skieth

^ Just based on the scene where Kurumi used Black Attraction on Eve, I think Blade would actually half to kiss someone before he could use that power, and I don't see anybody stepping up to do that, not even Mio.
Old 2011-09-28, 23:51   Link #7299
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skieth View Post
^ Just based on the scene where Kurumi used Black Attraction on Eve, I think Blade would actually half to kiss someone before he could use that power, and I don't see anybody stepping up to do that, not even Mio.
Dean Drive Fox Hound + Black Attraction Kiss?

Of course, anything combined with speed should work besides fragments like Magnetism, Gravity, Ice, etc. Mix Speed with Power, Doppleganger, or any other physical fragment and you have an unstoppable attack. Probably why that and Flame are Blade's most used fragments in the series.
Old 2011-10-05, 20:28   Link #7300
Avvesione

Been dead for a week... so time for a new topic.

What type of manga do you consider Needless? Maybe not quite as simple as what genre it is but something along those lines, just more personal for you. Do you see it as a comedy or gag manga? What about as an action, fighting, or adventure manga? A Sci-Fi one? Or maybe just an ecchi or loli one? Or maybe even religious or something else? What is Needless to you?

For me, it's a comedy manga. That's the main reason why I got hooked on Needless and why I look forward to every month. Of course, the story and characters are major reasons why, too, but the comedy and jokes are what I look forward to the most. It is my favorite aspect of Needless, so I always see it as a comedy manga in my mind. I guess after that, I'd probably go with the action/fighting as a secondary genre. I don't really consider it any of the other categories but I'm interested to see what others say (and left those out as ideas).

Tags
action, comedy, seinen