AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-01-25, 17:43   Link #7701
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
She definitely aimed for the kill. I can't sympathize with her character, doesn't she have any compassion after what happened in the girls academy? Just a doll of Simeon, doing whatever they tell her to do.
Old 2012-01-25, 18:07   Link #7702
ShadowsAsgard

I'll echo the sentiment that killing Cruz seems really bizarre. It can't be on Simeon's orders, because in chapter 56 Arclight explicitly tells his subordinates to capture and interrogate all surviving members of the resistance. He wants them taken alive. Unless it's the 666 Council and/or Saten going behind Arclight's back again, which is entirely possible from what we've seen of them.
ShadowsAsgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 18:09   Link #7703
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowsAsgard View Post
I'll echo the sentiment that killing Cruz seems really bizarre. It can't be on Simeon's orders, because in chapter 56 Arclight explicitly tells his subordinates to capture and interrogate all surviving members of the resistance. He wants them taken alive. Unless it's the 666 Council and/or Saten going behind Arclight's back again, which is entirely possible from what we've seen of them.
Yeah but why Saten would want Cruz die?He cleary want him alive.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 18:11   Link #7704
Leidolfr

You all know the content of chapter 98 except myself, if you can not send, tell me about the spoiler of the 98 Chapter please is to see you speak of chapter 98 I have wanted to know how that happens with Blade and company, and sorry that I repeat more than a grated disk , but I'm nervous to know that happens in chapter 98 .
Leidolfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 18:20   Link #7705
ShadowsAsgard

Quote:
Yeah but why Saten would want Cruz die?He cleary want him alive.
It's currently impossible to work out what Saten's game is. It's clearly not the same as Ishiyama and the 666 Council - if it was, he'd have told him that the Blackout Invoke didn't fail after all. And it clearly isn't the same as Arclight's, or he would have captured Cruz when he had the chance.

All in all, it's unlikely he gave the order but I don't think he can be completely excluded.
Old 2012-01-25, 20:31   Link #7706
needless_r+vfan

Saten has ulterior motives for sure; maybe they will be revealed in the coming chapters. He definitely knows more than probably even Arclight. As ShadowsAsgard stated it is damn near impossible to guess Saten's motives. The only theory I have is he wants to take Arclight's place, but that's even sketchy.

I agree also and it is clearly evident from past events that Cruz is more than human now. And remember the light that was placed on his leg by AnN during his time in Blade's memories to light the so called "blackspots" of his memory.

I don't think Saten or Arclight ordered Cruz killed or do they know as of yet what is occurring currently inside, unless they knew beforehand and are waiting for the right time to appear. Perhaps they do know and are simply observing Cruz in a battle situation.

Why Cruz survived the PF Zero explosion I thought was the "angel" protecting him according to what Mio saw. But it may have been more than that also.
needless_r+vfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 20:34   Link #7707
needless_r+vfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
She definitely aimed for the kill. I can't sympathize with her character, doesn't she have any compassion after what happened in the girls academy? Just a doll of Simeon, doing whatever they tell her to do.
I have to agree. It's hard to sympathize with Setsuna when she is so unfeeling and cold like this. I guess duty to Simeon trumps feelings of friendship. Just look at what Aruka did during her unmasking in the Third Shelter to poor Cruz, and she was his sister.
Old 2012-01-25, 23:29   Link #7708
Robotech Master

Setsuna has always been the most devoted "villain" among the killer girls power trio. She was nice to him at the academy, but was very clear that they'd be enemies the next time they met. I don't think the development of her character has reached a stage where we're supposed to sympathize with her--I mean we don't even known a whole lot about her backstory and desires.

She's fricken hot though.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 23:58   Link #7709
needless_r+vfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Setsuna has always been the most devoted "villain" among the killer girls power trio. She was nice to him at the academy, but was very clear that they'd be enemies the next time they met. I don't think the development of her character has reached a stage where we're supposed to sympathize with her--I mean we don't even known a whole lot about her backstory and desires.

She's fricken hot though.
All good points, especially the last one. I guess a better term for Setsuna is strong willed. It would be interesting though to have a separate arc describing the origins of the three killer girls and how they met each other, though that is more likely not going to happen.
Old 2012-01-26, 02:45   Link #7710
Avvesione

Yeah, judging from how she's always being beaten up (like the punch in this chapter) I don't think we're supposed to sympathize with her character... but I still do.

I think what we're seeing is how Setsuna always acts toward her enemies. And Cruz is still an enemy. In battle, she's always been quite arrogant, authoritative, and efficient. She has a mission and will do what it takes to get it done. Plus this time around she isn't belittling or humiliating Cruz like she did in the Third Shelter and she's not toying with him or torturing him either. And beneath the surface, we've seen Setsuna is sweet, compassionate, and caring toward Kuchinashi and Mio. Setsuna is very endearing toward those two and puts them above all else. She knew the current mission would trouble Mio, so she gave her the option to back down. And the only reason she ever got to know Cruz and gave him a chance during St. Rose was only because he knew how Mio was doing after PF Blast. You could see how visibly worried she was over Mio and still is to this chapter.

As for the murder order, it doesn't make sense to me either. The only thing I can think of is that Mio told Setsuna about everything that happened and she thought it'd be best to kill him before anyone else knew she defected and joined the enemy. She probably thinks she can defend Mio by killing Cruz.
Old 2012-01-26, 03:08   Link #7711
ShadowsAsgard

Quote:
As for the murder order, it doesn't make sense to me either. The only thing I can think of is that Mio told Setsuna about everything that happened and she thought it'd be best to kill him before anyone else knew she defected and joined the enemy. She probably thinks she can defend Mio by killing Cruz.
Setsuna acting on her own seems to be the most likely explanation. As a PGS member she would almost certainly know about Arclight's orders to take the resistance members alive. The only reason I can think of for her to go against those orders would be to protect Mio from the potential fallout if it became known she had travelled with Cruz.
Old 2012-01-26, 03:43   Link #7712
runset

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
this, me too please
i want the link too please.
runset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 04:03   Link #7713
Leidolfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by runset View Post
i want the link too please.

I too, please, tell you if in case you have not read my previous comment and sorry now I put heavy (but what there ), but is that seeing tell you what happens to Setsuna with mine, I most want to see it, want to know if Setsuna will kill or not kill cross, and above all want to see the emergence of her hateful sister Aruka, part of another character in anime and manga, is the most hate .

But if one is translating the 98 chapter in english, then I do not mind waiting a little more .
Leidolfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 04:10   Link #7714
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowsAsgard View Post
Setsuna acting on her own seems to be the most likely explanation. As a PGS member she would almost certainly know about Arclight's orders to take the resistance members alive. The only reason I can think of for her to go against those orders would be to protect Mio from the potential fallout if it became known she had travelled with Cruz.
I think that's what Setsuna is doing right now. She knows that when it is discovered that Mio was with Cruz this whole time and actually helped him fight against Simeon, she'll receive severe punishment. And we know Setsuna will do anything to prevent that. Killing Cruz before that happens is a much cheaper price to pay than Mio receiving punishment.

As for the upcoming battle, I have a theory about what will happen and how Kuchinashi and Setsuna will join Cruz's side but I'll want to wait and see this chapter's full translation first before posting it.
Old 2012-01-26, 04:44   Link #7715
K. Shiruto

In all honestity, I can't see Setsuna defecting from Simeon anytime soon, she's too loyal, and let's not forget she's in love with Arclight too, same Kuchinashi likes Riru.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 04:50   Link #7716
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
In all honestity, I can't see Setsuna defecting from Simeon anytime soon, she's too loyal, and let's not forget she's in love with Arclight too, same Kuchinashi likes Riru.
True ,but I still find interesting what Sestuna said about Cruz in ch 98.
Old 2012-01-26, 05:12   Link #7717
Avvesione

The one idea I have about Setsuna and Kuchinashi joining is if ANn makes an appearance.

I figure what will happen is Setsuna and Kuchinashi will be more powerful than the last time we saw them (maybe not Stigmata strong but stronger than St. Rose) and overwhelm Teruyama and Mio. At that point, with both out of the battle, I can see Setsuna going to finish off Cruz but being stopped similar to Aruka's second murder attempt in Third Shelter. After that, perhaps ANn manifests herself (as the angel Mio mentioned this chapter) and helps convince Setsuna and Kuchinashi to join Cruz's side.

Just my thoughts. I do want to see the translations before committing to this theory but with Mio mentioning the angel now (she is the only one besides Cruz to see ANn, not even Saten or Blade saw her in Eve Story) it would make sense to see ANn again. And I'm sure ANn would be enough to convince Setsuna and Kuchinashi to switch sides.
Old 2012-01-26, 05:22   Link #7718
Soji

Avvesione@ If this happen maybe we will finally find out why AnN protects Cruz and seem interested in him.And Yeah ,I think see would be enough to convince Setsuna and Kuchinashi to switch sides.
Old 2012-01-26, 05:26   Link #7719
K. Shiruto

Yeah, but like most of our theories, it probably won't happen
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 05:34   Link #7720
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Yeah, but like most of our theories, it probably won't happen
My "Mio the Spy" theory can now be laid to rest with this chapter.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen