AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Old 2012-01-27, 05:48   Link #7741
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post

I think there is. If not ...I think I can always made something that I can use (at least I think)
umm....like Dynamite? he can lit it without lighter
Boy! Teru-baka pyro-kinesis ability will sell a high value in our society. Especially in Bombing Department
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 05:51   Link #7742
Soji

surerman@ I think would be a great job for him
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 10:30   Link #7743
Skieth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post

Also was thinking, now that Teruyama was stabbed by Uten's spear and received Eden's Seeds, I wonder how much more powerful his Flame fragment will be. Should be interesting to see if he can pull off a Vulcan Shock Little Boy now. He was able to dominate Kuchinashi in the Third Shelter since his Flame would burn her Fragrence but I wonder if she'll be stronger to overcome that disadvantage or if Setsuna will take him on.
Another nice chapter write up Avvesione.

I can't help but wonder if Mio has the resolve to actually fight Setsuna and Kuchinashi. She says she won't allow Cruz to be killed, but these are her longtime friends. I can see her acting more as a shield for Cruz, rather then trying to actively trying to fight back. Kuchinashi might try to remove her from the fight by using Maiden Restriction but the narrow corridor their fighting in might prove to be a hindrance. Like you said Teruyama can burn her Fragrance, and Setsuna's high speed attacks generally cause her to attack in a Strait line. This weakness was pointed out by Rin, back at Saint Rose, and knowing Cruz it isn't something he's likely to forget.So this fight might just turn out to be Setsuna and Kuchinashi vs the (now) unkillable flame needless Momiji Teruyama
Skieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 10:44   Link #7744
Soji

I still think that Uten spear will play a role in this.on Yamada body thougth ,the only thing I wonder is ...what effect will have on yamada?
Old 2012-01-27, 11:34   Link #7745
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
I still think that Uten spear will play a role in this.on Yamada body thougth ,the only thing I wonder is ...what effect will have on yamada?
he'll become a cute cocoon and gave birth to AnN already dressed and sexy
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 12:14   Link #7746
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Quote:
I figure what will happen is Setsuna and Kuchinashi will be more powerful than the last time we saw them (maybe not Stigmata strong but stronger than St. Rose) and overwhelm Teruyama and Mio. At that point, with both out of the battle, I can see Setsuna going to finish off Cruz but being stopped similar to Aruka's second murder attempt in Third Shelter. After that, perhaps ANn manifests herself (as the angel Mio mentioned this chapter) and helps convince Setsuna and Kuchinashi to join Cruz's side.
I can't remember what my position was on the theory that it was ANn who stopped Arca from killing Cruz (again), but having just - finally - read the translated version, I don't think we can rule out the possible that Arclight did it.

Of course, it would be interesting if ANn did make an appearance, but I'm not sure it would be necessary. And a deus ex machina at this point would be a bit boring, wouldn't it? I mean, compared with the mileage to be had from the PGS fighting each other.

Wanted to say more, but I'm out of time. Back tomorrow...
Old 2012-01-27, 12:50   Link #7747
ShadowsAsgard

Quote:
I can't remember what my position was on the theory that it was ANn who stopped Arca from killing Cruz (again), but having just - finally - read the translated version, I don't think we can rule out the possible that Arclight did it.
I also think Arclight did it. Arca mentions that it wasn't Gravity or Magnetism, but that doesn't exclude the other power that we've seen able to manipulate objects and people - Psychokinesis, which Arclight must posess. Arca also thinks that it must be 'him', and Arclight appears right after she thinks that.

That and the lack of a hand picture, which we see every other time ANn helps Cruz (PF Zero blast, Blackout Invoke memory world) leads me to believe it was Arclight. As for why Arclight stopped her, that's another matter. Maybe he was simply covering his bases in case the datachip didn't reveal everything, or maybe it was just his God complex and ego thinking that Cruz couldn't be a threat to him.
ShadowsAsgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 13:29   Link #7748
Soji

ShadowsAsgard@Who know , maybe he know something that we dont? Afterall he was sure (or almost sure) that Yamada was alive after the PFzero.
Old 2012-01-27, 13:36   Link #7749
ShadowsAsgard

Quote:
ShadowsAsgard@Who know , maybe he know something that we dont? Afterall he was sure (or almost sure) that Yamada was alive after the PFzero.
His exact words were "That boy Cruz may be alive somewhere as well." It sounds like Arclight is just considering every possibility, but who knows.
Old 2012-01-27, 13:41   Link #7750
Soji

ShadowsAsgard@ And that's the strange thing ,from what I recall he said to blade that * I hope at least a fraction of your body remains * Whic mean that a normal boy don't should have the small chance to survive a that. So why AA even considering this? If for him Cruz should have be a normal human and not a Needless?
Old 2012-01-27, 13:47   Link #7751
K. Shiruto

Excuse me but, doesn't the way Eve uses Doppelganger on Yamada holds many similarities with when Arclight implanted Riru the Eden Seed?
K. Shiruto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 13:47   Link #7752
Soji

Adan@ Now that you're mention this ...I think so.
Old 2012-01-27, 15:13   Link #7753
ShadowsAsgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Excuse me but, doesn't the way Eve uses Doppelganger on Yamada holds many similarities with when Arclight implanted Riru the Eden Seed?
That's a good observation; presumably Arclight was actually using Doppelganger to implant the seeds.

Cruz's injuries were pretty severe, so Eve would probably have had to transplant more of her bodymass into him than normal. We've seen Eve heal other characters with Doppelganger before - but all of the others were confirmed to be Needless. IIRC Cruz is the only human she uses it on. Perhaps Eve unknowingly transplanted Eden Seeds and/or Blade's stigmata into Cruz when she healed him.

Either way, I have a feeling the mystery is going to be solved soon, if Needless 1 really is drawing to a close.
Old 2012-01-28, 03:31   Link #7754
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo A. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowsAsgard View Post
I also think Arclight did it. Arca mentions that it wasn't Gravity or Magnetism, but that doesn't exclude the other power that we've seen able to manipulate objects and people - Psychokinesis, which Arclight must posess. Arca also thinks that it must be 'him', and Arclight appears right after she thinks that.

That and the lack of a hand picture, which we see every other time ANn helps Cruz (PF Zero blast, Blackout Invoke memory world) leads me to believe it was Arclight. As for why Arclight stopped her, that's another matter. Maybe he was simply covering his bases in case the datachip didn't reveal everything, or maybe it was just his God complex and ego thinking that Cruz couldn't be a threat to him.
I still don't think it's Arclight is because of a few reasons. First, Aruka knows who did it, even saying "あのお方が". If it was Arclight who did it, wouldn't Aruka have used his name? Why would she use something so vague when she knew who did it if it was Arclight who did it? Second, why would Aruka look absolutely frightened then if it was Arclight who stopped her? She seemed perfectly normal talking to him a few pages thereafter. Had Arclight stopped her, she would've continued to be frightened when she received her command from him. Third, it's a perfect way to mislead people. Think about it, Aruka was suddenly stopped in her tracks before she could kill Cruz, so it must've been something more powerful than her who stopped her. The only one more powerful than her is Arclight and he just so happens to appear on the next page. When viewing the manga like that, it's easy to put the two together as a logical and sequential event and then forget about it. It's one of the most important parts in the Needless story in my eyes and I'm sure Imai Kami wants casual readers to forget about it so when it reappears it will be a huge surprise/revelation. It's good storytelling in my eyes to do it this way. Last, I believe it's something related to Cruz because Aruka changed drastically from this event onward. The next time she saw Cruz, she immediately changed her plans with the invasion of Black Market and did enough to allow for Cruz to escape from Hatfield. She didn't have trouble trying to kill him 3 times before (Resistance slaughter and twice in Third Shelter) but not this time despite having a clear opportunity to do so. I think something about Cruz is what stopped her which is why she's been so different since that chapter. Perhaps that flashback when Mengroze was helping Cruz and Aruka was in the background...?

But yeah, obviously you guys made valid points and we can't say for sure who actually stopped Aruka from killing Cruz. I would be surprised to see if either of us were right or if we're both wrong when it is finally revealed. But until then, it's a hell of a lot of fun to analyze what we're given and theorize what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
You mentioned that before and I think you have a valid point. The one difference I'll just throw out there is that Arclight intentionally implanted Eden's Seeds into Riru whereas Eve was not attempting that. Doesn't mean that Eve couldn't have left Eden's Seeds behind in Cruz but it wasn't her intent. Still, there's no other point to suggest otherwise and I wouldn't be surprise if all that was Saten's plan for Cruz to get Eden's Seeds like how he planned for Eve to get Eden's Seeds, too.
Old 2012-01-28, 03:44   Link #7755
Soji

Quote:
I still don't think it's Arclight is because of a few reasons. First, Aruka knows who did it, even saying "あのお方が". If it was Arclight who did it, wouldn't Aruka have used his name? Why would she use something so vague when she knew who did it if it was Arclight who did it? Second, why would Aruka look absolutely frightened then if it was Arclight who stopped her? She seemed perfectly normal talking to him a few pages thereafter. Had Arclight stopped her, she would've continued to be frightened when she received her command from him. Third, it's a perfect way to mislead people. Think about it, Aruka was suddenly stopped in her tracks before she could kill Cruz, so it must've been something more powerful than her who stopped her. The only one more powerful than her is Arclight and he just so happens to appear on the next page. When viewing the manga like that, it's easy to put the two together as a logical and sequential event and then forget about it. It's one of the most important parts in the Needless story in my eyes and I'm sure Imai Kami wants casual readers to forget about it so when it reappears it will be a huge surprise/revelation. It's good storytelling in my eyes to do it this way. Last, I believe it's something related to Cruz because Aruka changed drastically from this event onward. The next time she saw Cruz, she immediately changed her plans with the invasion of Black Market and did enough to allow for Cruz to escape from Hatfield. She didn't have trouble trying to kill him 3 times before (Resistance slaughter and twice in Third Shelter) but not this time despite having a clear opportunity to do so. I think something about Cruz is what stopped her which is why she's been so different since that chapter. Perhaps that flashback when Mengroze was helping Cruz and Aruka was in the background...?

But yeah, obviously you guys made valid points and we can't say for sure who actually stopped Aruka from killing Cruz. I would be surprised to see if either of us were right or if we're both wrong when it is finally revealed. But until then, it's a hell of a lot of fun to analyze what we're given and theorize what's going on.
That's why I think that not was AA to stop Aruka.But I really think that AA know something about Cruz or at least think there is something more that ..being a smart kid. I coud be wrong thought.

Quote:
You mentioned that before and I think you have a valid point. The one difference I'll just throw out there is that Arclight intentionally implanted Eden's Seeds into Riru whereas Eve was not attempting that. Doesn't mean that Eve couldn't have left Eden's Seeds behind in Cruz but it wasn't her intent. Still, there's no other point to suggest otherwise and I wouldn't be surprise if all that was Saten's plan for Cruz to get Eden's Seeds like how he planned for Eve to get Eden's Seeds, too.
I think that was is plan. When Cruz come back or better when Disck said that about Cruz after Eve heal him. Saten glance toward Cruz ,like if he want to be sure about something.(probaly see if Cruz acept the ES).

Last edited by Soji; 2012-01-28 at 04:37.
Old 2012-01-28, 06:48   Link #7756
ShadowsAsgard

Quote:
I think something about Cruz is what stopped her which is why she's been so different since that chapter. Perhaps that flashback when Mengroze was helping Cruz and Aruka was in the background...?
The second time she tries to kill Cruz, she says that she still has enough strength to make up for "my greatest mistake". My first instinct was that she was refering to leaving Cruz alive rather than killing him when she faked her own death at the start of the story, but now I'm not so sure.

Here's a list of every time Arca appears and what she says about Cruz:

Chapter 56 (Simeon Building, Arclight orders her to help capture the resistance)
Arca: Cruz...are you still alive? If so...

Chapter 66 (Black Market, Arca is shocked to see Cruz alive)
Arca: (To Hatfield) No, it's nothing. (To herself) ...Impossible.

Chapter 71 (Walking away after blasting through the ice wall)
Arca: This is the chance I'll give you. I won't do something like this again. If you're a man...show me you can survive!

Arca's change in attitude is rather strange. I have a hard time believing Cruz's theory that she simply grew tired of having to protect him all the time - it just seems too flimsy a reason to want to first abandon then kill someone, particularly if they happen to be a sibling. I realise the Black Spot is a lawless wasteland but even so...
Old 2012-01-28, 06:58   Link #7757
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowsAsgard View Post
The second time she tries to kill Cruz, she says that she still has enough strength to make up for "my greatest mistake". My first instinct was that she was refering to leaving Cruz alive rather than killing him when she faked her own death at the start of the story, but now I'm not so sure.

Here's a list of every time Arca appears and what she says about Cruz:

Chapter 56 (Simeon Building, Arclight orders her to help capture the resistance)
Arca: Cruz...are you still alive? If so...

Chapter 66 (Black Market, Arca is shocked to see Cruz alive)
Arca: (To Hatfield) No, it's nothing. (To herself) ...Impossible.

Chapter 71 (Walking away after blasting through the ice wall)
Arca: This is the chance I'll give you. I won't do something like this again. If you're a man...show me you can survive!

Arca's change in attitude is rather strange. I have a hard time believing Cruz's theory that she simply grew tired of having to protect him all the time - it just seems too flimsy a reason to want to first abandon then kill someone, particularly if they happen to be a sibling. I realise the Black Spot is a lawless wasteland but even so...
Mmm. Maybe I'm wrong to think this ...but... I wonder if Arca fear something inside Cruz?And maybe her change is because that thing being to reawake? But if this is the case ...I wonder why there is AnN (like Saten) that want Cruz alive ....what they know? and why they not fear that thing like Arca(if this theory is true?)
Old 2012-01-28, 13:00   Link #7758
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Since I don't feel like quoting it... since the idea of Aruka (I'm a die-hard for this spelling) stopping instead of killing Cruz came up, I still believe that the concensus, despite what was just brough up, is that she saw something within Cruz that made her stop, and it wasn't Arclight, since he appears not-quite-so-dramatically. There's something about Cruz that Aruka probably can't put her finger on, and much like Saten, she has her own agenda concerning him (It might not be much of an agenda when compared to whatever Saten's planning, but she's still up to something that's not under Arclight's or anyone else's control)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 13:16   Link #7759
Soji

Magin@ I do agree with what you said. The problem is what is that thing. I hope that this arc give us at answer about this.
Old 2012-01-28, 14:22   Link #7760
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
The problem is... none of us know what precisely it is that stopped her (hell, I wouldn't be surprised if even she doesn't know quite what stopped her). But at least unlike the anime, we should be getting answers to many of those old questions.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, seinen