AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-03, 06:34   Link #9221
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
I pretty much doubt Blade learned Blackout Invoke. And even if he did, Riru would break his arms to pieces before he had a chance to lay a finger on her. Also, successfully using that technique would mean Riru couldn't be able to move during that state, so it won't happen.

This fight is already lost and I can't help but think Blade has made a huge mistake by ripping apart the cocoon.
No, I didn't mean now but maybe sometime down the road. Blade doesn't know Blackout Invoke now, but he can learn it from Ishiyama to use on others later. That'd be one way to learn about Riru's past. Another would be to use it on Gido or Cruz or Aruka or someone else of important status to get their memories and learn the past that way.

Also, I wouldn't say the fight is a loss. It was Riru's job to protect the cocoon and now look at it. Depending what's in it, the fight will change significantly from this point forward.
Old 2012-09-03, 06:56   Link #9222
K. Shiruto

^If he comes alive out of this ordeal, that is.

Disk felt a lifeforce inside, so, 2 vs 3. Though Riru counts for 10
K. Shiruto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 07:13   Link #9223
Xiammes

I don't think Riru was ever close to Kasumi, or else she would have appeared in Guido's memories.

Quote:
^Blade already has all his fragments. During his clash with Arclight he only lost them for a while because his Zero fragment got sealed as a side effect of the colission.
This is true, Blade would have never been able to learn Kandata string or the Flame Fragment again, nor would he have been able to use the fourth wave.

Quote:

This fight is already lost and I can't help but think Blade has made a huge mistake by ripping apart the cocoon.
I don't think so, Blade need to be able to one shot her, and Cruz will be able to negate her again(but she won't be caught off guard).

Also Riru is constantly using Psychokinesis, Blade still has a chance to learn it after Arca's little lecture to him, we also have Disk pointing out how psychokinesis is similar to the gravity, magnetism and scent fragment. I expect him to be able to learn it, it won't be as powerful as Riru's, but if it helps him resist her psychokinesis, she can consider her self boned.
Old 2012-09-03, 07:33   Link #9224
K. Shiruto

Riru's Psychokinesis is on the same level as Arclight's, Seth's Gravitation or Teuryama's Flame after receiving a part of Arclight's Eden Seed. Quite different from anything else we have seen.

But as Riru herself said, "this is fate", and her fate is to be defeated in a near future by Eve.

On the other hand and after failing in her duty to guard the cocoon, Riru is gonna blow off steam by beating Blade to a pulp.

But now one more threat arises: the lifeforce contained inside the flesh bulb.
Old 2012-09-03, 08:29   Link #9225
Xiammes

Having a stigmata doesn't mean Blade isn't able to learn it, both Arca and Saten had a stigmata and Blade learned their fragments. As I said it won't be as powerful, but as long as Blade is able to move she won't be winning this fight.

Also their is nothing saying Eve has to beat her, and in any event Eve has no chance in hell to beat her, not without help.
Old 2012-09-03, 08:31   Link #9226
K. Shiruto

I see you're too optimistic with Blade having a chance to win. I think the opposite, it doesn't bode well, and now Riru knows about Yamada's fragment, the situation is worse than ever.

Hence why I said "in a near future" Eve might become strong enough to finally clash with Riru and avoid threats like having the heart palpitation halted.

At any rate, the fight with Riru ends there anyway, now the threat is whatever is contained inside the cocoon.
Old 2012-09-03, 10:37   Link #9227
Xiammes

I don't like to think of it as optimistic, I am simply not ruling out the possibility of him beating her. Eve on the otherhand doesn't have a snowballs chance with doupleganger.
Old 2012-09-03, 11:28   Link #9228
Ynot

Maybe it's the contents of the cocoon what'll provide Blade and his comrades with a fighting chance instead of driving the last nail in their coffin. If whatever is in the cocoon is not yet full grown and can't survive on it's own outside of the cocoon, it'll need immediate care and protection from Riru. This'll force her to divide her attention between that and Blade.
Old 2012-09-03, 14:15   Link #9229
K. Shiruto

Ok, I looked back some chapters where Riru was present and found something that should answer our questions.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Remember at that time the Simeon HQ were there, at the Black Spot. And now everyone and everything that was there was moved to the City, the cocoon was no exception.

Since the very beggining Riru was tasked with the job of guarding the cocoon.

And now it has been ripped apart. The fact Riru was so fixated with not letting anyone get close is proof enough its content is of utmost importance for Simeon, and, more than anyone else, for Arclight. But another thing that has been made clear is that whatever is contained inside is not yet complete.

And looking at Needless 1.5 where is stated the Needless Hunt is still ongoing, I would say the instant the subject touches the ground, it will die.

Which will be a great loss for Simeon and Arclight, and they'll be forced to restart the project again.

I expect Riru to go ballistic after this.
Old 2012-09-03, 18:11   Link #9230
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Ok, I looked back some chapters where Riru was present and found something that should answer our questions.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Remember at that time the Simeon HQ were there, at the Black Spot. And now everyone and everything that was there was moved to the City, the cocoon was no exception.

Since the very beggining Riru was tasked with the job of guarding the cocoon.

And now it has been ripped apart. The fact Riru was so fixated with not letting anyone get close is proof enough its content is of utmost importance for Simeon, and, more than anyone else, for Arclight. But another thing that has been made clear is that whatever is contained inside is not yet complete.

And looking at Needless 1.5 where is stated the Needless Hunt is still ongoing, I would say the instant the subject touches the ground, it will die.

Which will be a great loss for Simeon and Arclight, and they'll be forced to restart the project again.

I expect Riru to go ballistic after this.
She's already have two ball on her chest

oh about Eve and Doppelganger. Eve could merge with Riru and take control of it. Or may be the cocoon itself, make Riru unable to lay hand on her and the cocoon.
Doppelganger make her able to penetrating any biomass just like what Archlight do to Yamada a while ago
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 19:01   Link #9231
Avvesione

Watch Disk be the one who defeats Riru.

But seriously now, that's a good catch by you, kurusu, that the cocoon was originally in Blackspot but now underneath the City branch.

Will be interesting to see what's in it, considering it's related to the Needless Hunt, has a life form inside of it, is considered a 'holy site' by Riru, and likely related to the Adam and Eve Projects. Whatever's inside will dictate where the fight will go after this.

Curious to see how 'developed' or 'stable' this life form inside the cocoon is. Wonder how long it'll be able to live on its own outside the cocoon (and if Riru will need to take it elsewhere, like up to those stasis tube or something upstairs to keep it alive).
Old 2012-09-04, 07:44   Link #9232
K. Shiruto

I dunno. How long has Simeon been collecting Needless pieces? 2 years later the hunt continues, now under the direct responsibility of the Adam C. who gives us a demonstration by ripping off the hand of that big guy.

If it doesn't die instantly it will be quite a problem for the Resistance. As if they didn't have enough with Riru.

But really, it's gonna be hella interesting find what's contained inside the cocoon. "The perfect magician", the Adam Cyclops called that.
Old 2012-09-04, 20:11   Link #9233
Njo Esper

If that cocoon is so important, why is not Arclight itself defending it? What is he doing meanwhile? (It would be more interesting if he was not the one inside though)

Aside from the central point, i'm really curious to see how Yamada will handle a one on one fight. Maybe he'll use the same method as a certain boy with a mysterious power in his right hand...you know
Njo Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 02:53   Link #9234
Kurohane

Seriously doubt it. Cruz doesn't have much of a punch anyway. Hatfield could attest to that.
Old 2012-09-05, 05:22   Link #9235
thor94

Yes, current cruz power is useless against riku.
We have seen in this chapter, that she had a parry for aegis shield (directing her power out of reach to cruz right hand)
i feel, that cruz, is condemned to stay definitely the useless character compared to his companions.
thor94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 06:47   Link #9236
K. Shiruto

^Nope, that won't happen. The main character never stays useless for the entire story in terms of battle strenght, less now he finally awakened his fragment. Though not fully, the shield isn't his only ability, that's sure.

And also, how in the world is saving Eve from dying "useless" anyway.
Old 2012-09-05, 12:15   Link #9237
thor94

Quote:
^Nope, that won't happen. The main character never stays useless for the entire story in terms of battle strenght, less now he finally awakened his fragment. Though not fully, the shield isn't his only ability, that's sure.

And also, how in the world is saving Eve from dying "useless" anyway.
in "kamisama doll" Kyouhei stay useless until the end
thor94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:52   Link #9238
K. Shiruto

But this isn't Kamisama whatever you talk about, this is Needless. Already forgetting there's a connection between Yamada and Adam N.? You know, the main character in the second part of the story.

Last edited by K. Shiruto; 2012-09-05 at 13:04.
Old 2012-09-05, 13:09   Link #9239
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
and Yamada just get her power recently, you can't expect her to master or improve her power just after a couple of hour.
It just like hoping a boy who's just successful riding his bicycle at first time to do 'hands free' or 'standing one wheel'

I think I just mis-spell some words in this post....wonder where it is ?
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 13:14   Link #9240
K. Shiruto

Oh no, you didn't miss-spelled anything, you only spelled these words the way your subconscious told you to

Over 100 chapters of character development and he still hasn't unleashed his pull potential. THIS, is consistency.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen