AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-24, 07:45   Link #161
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Ranka, Sheryl, Nanase...

I get yuri vibes from these girls.

If Sheryl is right Nanase likes Alto too. But Nanase likes Ranka also.

Ranka both likes Alto and Sheryl.

Sheryl was hitting on Ranka in the third ep, now she's bugging Alto.

Not your typical harem I must say.
More like bang buddies...

Also...threesomes the best way to solve a love triangle...
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 21:50   Link #162
Prongs
Soul linked
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
More like bang buddies...

Also...threesomes the best way to solve a love triangle...
agreed
but did Luca owned nanase?

I curious that they allow poligamy there. or is poligamy legal on macross world? in my country poligamy is legal but hmm having two chiks on your shoulder is a great way to messed up your life (especially 'THAT PART'). its look like Alto need more Aphrodisiac

Believe me it totally messed up
__________________
I am Immortal I Have the Sacred Blood of Youma
I was No Rival, No Claymore can be my Equal


Prongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 06:56   Link #163
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
What's the song that plays (during the scrolling credits) after the preview at the end?
__________________
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 08:22   Link #164
Liingo
Love Hina?
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kangaroos live in my backyard =P
^Are you referring to the song that Shinsen has in it's sub which plays during their translation of all the ending credits?

I'm not too sure about the other episodes, as I've only got episode 5 from Shinsen but that song is "Voices" and it's from Macross Plus.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 05:30   Link #165
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Yes, that one. Thank you for clarifying.
__________________
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 15:29   Link #166
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I got a macross question in the first TV series whos the guy with the solid black eyes that appers to be the lead scientist?
only 5 eps in and I have completely forgot the dub =0-o=

just asking because there should be no alien contact before the zentradi.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 23:02   Link #167
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
I got a macross question in the first TV series whos the guy with the solid black eyes that appers to be the lead scientist?
only 5 eps in and I have completely forgot the dub =0-o=

just asking because there should be no alien contact before the zentradi.
He was the chief engineer aboard SDF-1, appearing in episodes 5 and 6, and he was never given a name in SDF Macross. The engineer is completely human, but he was drawn a little differently because he was just a background character. In Robotech, his name is Emil Lang, and he is a much more prominent figure in that story.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 23:58   Link #168
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
He was the chief engineer aboard SDF-1, appearing in episodes 5 and 6, and he was never given a name in SDF Macross. The engineer is completely human, but he was drawn a little differently because he was just a background character. In Robotech, his name is Emil Lang, and he is a much more prominent figure in that story.
since frontier the solid black eyes I notice more just wonder if there was anything to it.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 04:04   Link #169
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
What is the name of the Star Republic home planet?
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 04:16   Link #170
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Nobody knows where exactly the Protoculture originated.
Just that they developed their science to intersteallar travel (space fold) and established a Stellar Republic which eventually ended due to civil war.

There are three humanoid races that owes its existence to the Protoculture.

Humans, Zentradi and Zolans.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 04:42   Link #171
glyph
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Nobody knows where exactly the Protoculture originated.
Just that they developed their science to intersteallar travel (space fold) and established a Stellar Republic which eventually ended due to civil war.

There are three humanoid races that owes its existence to the Protoculture.

Humans, Zentradi and Zolans.
There is a planet Zola, but are there actually native Zolans or just Zentradi settlers? As far as I can remember, the only thing different about them was the pronounced elfy ears, which is now confirmed to be a Zentradi trait.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 06:00   Link #172
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Each Zolan has a Zolan snake look at the Macross Universe thread for more info.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 16:50   Link #173
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
There is a planet Zola, but are there actually native Zolans or just Zentradi settlers? As far as I can remember, the only thing different about them was the pronounced elfy ears, which is now confirmed to be a Zentradi trait.
Zolan's are like humans.

They have evidence of Protoculture "modification" as to what these might be, is never discussed fully as in the same way it is for humans.

Only that the Zolans were left to develop on their own until they were contacted by the New UN commonwealth.
__________________

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2008-06-01 at 04:19.
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 00:23   Link #174
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongs View Post
agreed
but did Luca owned nanase?

I curious that they allow poligamy there. or is poligamy legal on macross world? in my country poligamy is legal but hmm having two chiks on your shoulder is a great way to messed up your life (especially 'THAT PART'). its look like Alto need more Aphrodisiac

Believe me it totally messed up
think of a culture that needs new generations to explore the universe and with the earth gone, the best way to produce more children is poligamy, imo
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 00:32   Link #175
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Earth is around though severly depopulated by genocide and migration.

But now look at all the defense satellites and warships around it.

It also has a unar colony and a Zentradi orbital factory.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 07:18   Link #176
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I'm not sure people in a tin can floating in space are looking for a demographic explosion, though.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 12:13   Link #177
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
new question for the first Macross tv series, whats with the red hair version of archivist exodol?

glyph/Onizuka-GTO
If you think about polygamy is only "dangerous" when its in a closed society thats within the mainstream society, the main problems I see with current polygamy sects is that they are sects, these sects have other issues like degradating females and what not, if you would regulate them(bascily ensure no under age sex, abuse, insect is going on with 3-6 visits a year from DHS) and let normal people live as they see fit they would not feel the need to join these extreme groups things would improve in the polygamy sub culture.

Now back to polygamy in the fictional environment...I would say its the least of the populations worries, and also i think genre manipulation would be up to snuff to limit mixing families lines and this is more to the the need of people in the population so we mate like bunnies you'll have some "genetic insect" going on down the line from just the shear number of people moving about either ay tho it would be minmilized I guess,every time you get a new ship full of zentradi convents it adds tot eh genetic diversity.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 12:57   Link #178
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
new question for the first Macross tv series, whats with the red hair version of archivist exodol?

As Vlrithwai was genetically engineered for command thus stronger and sturdier than a typical grunt Zentradi.

Exsedol was genetically engineered as living repository of knowledge. Thus he's shorter than most, meaning he's a engineered nerd.

But before 2031,before DYRL movie, Exsedol had himself macronized to a green giant.

In M7 it was stated that Exsedol's reason for not micronizing again is a mystery.

But I do suppose Exsedol is an elder even among his fellow Zentradis changing back to macro size and modifications could indicated that Exsedol wanted to preserve the knowledge in him.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 13:08   Link #179
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
new question for the first Macross tv series, whats with the red hair version of archivist exodol?

As Vlrithwai was genetically engineered for command thus stronger and sturdier than a typical grunt Zentradi.

Exsedol was genetically engineered as living repository of knowledge. Thus he's shorter than most, meaning he's a engineered nerd.

But before 2031,before DYRL movie, Exsedol had himself macronized to a green giant.

In M7 it was stated that Exsedol's reason for not micronizing again is a mystery.

But I do suppose Exsedol is an elder even among his fellow Zentradis changing back to macro size and modifications could indicated that Exsedol wanted to preserve the knowledge in him.
ah it seems wiki has it,I looked and could not find it, silly me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exsedol_Folmo

not a great explanation but it makes sense, in order to not lose his knowledge he was altered some and to maintain that knowledge he cannot be micronized.

The movie is a retelling of all the events of the first Macross TV show, so if anything its more a parrel story.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 14:22   Link #180
glyph
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
ah it seems wiki has it,I looked and could not find it, silly me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exsedol_Folmo

not a great explanation but it makes sense, in order to not lose his knowledge he was altered some and to maintain that knowledge he cannot be micronized.

The movie is a retelling of all the events of the first Macross TV show, so if anything its more a parrel story.

It could be that after getting genetically augmented like M7/DYRL green Exsedol/Bodolle Zer, or cybernetic prosthetics/implants like Vrilthwai/Mr. Birla, you can't be safely miclonized again, which could be why you don't see miclone weirdos around.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.