AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-06, 17:26   Link #401
Darial
Otaku in disguise
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somewhere in Cyberspace
Tak got the translation spot on. But then again, we all knew Ranka was designed with the moe-loli crowd in mind, so go figure. The strip was a great laugh but I think whoever drew it definitely had it in for the Ranka fans (but then again, maybe truth hurts...).

On a side note, I just read about this in Akiba today.... just when you think life (and Japanese otaku fetish products) are strange, it get stranger....

Spoiler for the latest in otaku food...:


:facepalm: x3
Darial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 18:12   Link #402
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
On a side note, I just read about this in Akiba today.... just when you think life (and Japanese otaku fetish products) are strange, it get stranger....

Spoiler for the latest in otaku food...:


:facepalm: x3
Meh, its not so surprising anymore when we've got:

Spoiler for Click:


from the same origin.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2008-07-06 at 18:24.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 18:21   Link #403
Darial
Otaku in disguise
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somewhere in Cyberspace
:Speechless:
Darial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 18:28   Link #404
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Comment: "They look real to me."

just... wha?
__________________

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 18:30   Link #405
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Hey, they are er(o)gonomic

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 20:40   Link #406
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
ROFL, wow the japanese are weird. Moe food... what does that even mean!

The strip about Ranka's and Sheryl's fans is awesome! I guess some Zentradi men are otaku's as well
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 21:05   Link #407
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I like the life-sized pillows myself.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 21:44   Link #408
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere in California
Age: 39
More of the Queen and the Princess...

Phew! Survived my sister's wedding yesterday LOL!

And because of the lovey-dovey sappiness that roamed the wedding reception, it inspired me to create something just as sappy.

However this is more of my wishful thinking for the second Macross Frontier OST.

Spoiler for More Sheryl and Alto:


And yes, that VF-25 that you see in the background was just taken from the existing "Settei" that resides on the official Macross F website (got to lazy but perhaps next time, I'll actually illustrate some mecha).

Funny thing is that this series is seriously affecting my work projects LOL. My boss was wondering why my character designs are starting to look Sheryl and Alto....but hey...at least I influenced most of the office to watch the show hahahaha!

Should have some Sheryl and Alto doodles posted up soon.


--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
__________________
===================
Wolfie's Online Portfolio
http://www.wolfies-den.com/

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw

Last edited by lone_wolf; 2008-07-06 at 23:04. Reason: Had to change resolution
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 21:58   Link #409
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post

Spoiler for More Sheryl and Alto:

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
That is fucking hot.

When a yaoi fangirl tells you that a het pic is hot, then you know it's true.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 22:05   Link #410
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere in California
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
That is fucking hot.

When a yaoi fangirl tells you that a het pic is hot, then you know it's true.
Thanks!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
__________________
===================
Wolfie's Online Portfolio
http://www.wolfies-den.com/

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 22:07   Link #411
nines
I much prefer the 2d
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Frontier
Age: 21
Oh my god i want those mouse pads in Sheryl style x.x i would so order one of those in a heart beat
__________________
nines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 22:09   Link #412
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Spoiler for More Sheryl and Alto:


Sorry can't say anymore. Expressions will have to do.
__________________
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 22:14   Link #413
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post


Sorry can't say anymore. Expressions will have to do.
Yeah I kinda needed that after The Scene That Gave Me Goosebumps.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 22:36   Link #414
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere in California
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Yeah I kinda needed that after The Scene That Gave Me Goosebumps.
Oooh that scene.

Yeah...I know the feeling. That scene just provided me with more motivation to post Sheryl x Alto artwork.

Seriously...imagining Ranka in the "buff" and pressed up against Alto's chest gives me the willies...and nausea. So Sheryl pressed up to him nude is much better hahaha!


--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
__________________
===================
Wolfie's Online Portfolio
http://www.wolfies-den.com/

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 22:44   Link #415
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post

However this is more of my wishful thinking for the second Macross Frontier OST.

Spoiler for More Sheryl and Alto:

Uh... uhm... *slurp* er... er...

I... er... ... love you?

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 22:52   Link #416
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
I cant rep you again lone_wolf.

And good to see Sheryl is now more Sheryl then Shizuru
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 00:46   Link #417
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Millia still appears to be the hottest woman in Macross.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 00:54   Link #418
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
That cover made me consider to buy the CD for 1s...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Meh, its not so surprising anymore when we've got:

Spoiler for Click:


from the same origin.

- Tak
Uhm... but we couldn't do that to Ranka could we... I want one that give hope and dream
nanatsusaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 02:41   Link #419
ickem
シェリルの為に!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Phew! Survived my sister's wedding yesterday LOL!

And because of the lovey-dovey sappiness that roamed the wedding reception, it inspired me to create something just as sappy.

However this is more of my wishful thinking for the second Macross Frontier OST.

Spoiler for More Sheryl and Alto:


And yes, that VF-25 that you see in the background was just taken from the existing "Settei" that resides on the official Macross F website (got to lazy but perhaps next time, I'll actually illustrate some mecha).

Funny thing is that this series is seriously affecting my work projects LOL. My boss was wondering why my character designs are starting to look Sheryl and Alto....but hey...at least I influenced most of the office to watch the show hahahaha!

Should have some Sheryl and Alto doodles posted up soon.


--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Another awesome picture and conversion is always good. I'm still waiting for one of Sheryl holding Ranka's severed head by her green dog ears though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
That cover made me consider to buy the CD for 1s...




Uhm... but we couldn't do that to Ranka could we... I want one that give hope and dream
I believe I already have a Ranka version of those, it's called my desk.
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 03:32   Link #420
Darial
Otaku in disguise
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somewhere in Cyberspace
Awesome pic again, Lone Wolf.
Darial is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
images, macross

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.