AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-13, 04:25   Link #81
vspirit
...huh?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Oh. So that's what you guys meant when you were talking about May'n. I was wondering about that, too, eh heh heh. Thanks for the tip.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 00:21   Link #82
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ithaca, NY, USA // Taichung, Taiwan
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
LOL, on Nakajima Megumi's blog, she said that in celebration of the release of Lion, Mamegu and May’n decided to go…Karaoke.

Wait, did I hear that right?

“Galactic Fairy” Sheryl Nome and “Super Dimensional Cinderella” Ranka Lee, together in a Karaoke Box.

(つд⊂)ゴシゴシ→(;゚ Д゚)

YAKH DECULTURE!!!!!!

How is it possible that said Karaoke Box has not already IMPLODED under the awesome song energy that is Sheryl and Ranka?

Mamegu sang the following songs:

Lion (2)
Like a virgin (me: LOL!)
Momoiro Kataomoi
Shiroi Parasol
BREAKOUT
Eriashi
Osaka LOVER
cinderella
Iteza Gogo 9-ji DON’T BE LATE (2)
Seikan Hikou (2) x2

*(2) = songs that both May’n and Mamegu sang together.

According to Mamegu, they went all out when singing Lion and Iteza. めいん嬢 (=Madam/Princess May’n) also sang NINJIN LOVES YOU YEAH! Wow. I’d sure like to see that performed…the Sheryl version of NINJIN LOVES YOU YEAH.

Afterwards, they both went to the CD store and bought a copy each. I wonder if they caused a mini-riot in the CD store…
__________________
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 00:38   Link #83
solothurn
銀河妖精親衛隊・隊長
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Behind you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
How is it possible that said Karaoke Box has not already IMPLODED under the awesome song energy that is Sheryl and Ranka?
The universe shall end in a pile of orgasmic goo if Fukuyama joins that party.
solothurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 01:04   Link #84
Ottocycle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 28
What happens when Ijima and Nakajima team for a real DYRL duet?
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 08:05   Link #85
grss1982
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cebu City, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Yeah. I'm going to flip if you tell me you are too! lol
Uy kababayan!!!

Anyways about Megumi Nakajima, I've been looking everywhere for any other VA work she has done, but it seems Ranka Lee in MF is her first. Is that true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
kamina?!

*flash of Roy/Kamina*

???!?!!? ROYYYYY???!! ANNNNNIIIKKKKKKIII!!

Oh Noe! It's another Roy Focker Death!

I wonder if Katsuyuki Konishi will be pissed if they kill off his character off early (again).....
After twenty episodes, I guess Katsuyuki Konishi has actually breathed a sigh of relief.

BTW..... It think this comment at http://that.animeblogger.net/ best sums up what Kikuko Inoue has done with her character Grace O'Connor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader
While Grace has been quite a bastard, she has nonetheless been a magnificent bastard with the way she has manipulated every one into following her tune. I wonder if Kikuko Inoue is having too much fun with this role after all it’s not one of her typical roles and mein gott she sounds sultrier and hawter than in her usual roles. Grace is incredible dangerous given how she just snatched Sheryl like that and started blowing bitter words into her ears. I don’t know about you but it looked incredibly yuri…
__________________
ARX-7 Arbalest

Last edited by grss1982; 2008-08-22 at 08:25.
grss1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 08:53   Link #86
Ottocycle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
Anyways about Megumi Nakajima, I've been looking everywhere for any other VA work she has done, but it seems Ranka Lee in MF is her first. Is that true?
Indeed, this is her debut.

As for Inoue Kikuko, I'd been floored by her appearance in Kiddy Grade, this is just all in day's work to her.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 08:57   Link #87
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Indeed, this is her debut.

As for Inoue Kikuko, I'd been floored by her appearance in Kiddy Grade, this is just all in day's work to her.
You forgot her as I-No in Guilty Gear. After that, anything is possible.

As for Konishi-san, he'll still be busy in D.Gray-man for some time.
__________________
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 11:20   Link #88
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I never understand why half Japanese, half Filipino girls usually tend to be very beautiful/cute. There are several J/F celebrities in Japan nowadays and most of them are pretty models, Megumi is really cute too

That's probably a good mix.
nanatsusaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 23:30   Link #89
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Inside the mysterious painting
GaaaAAaaHHH!!!! ( ゚д゚) I was watching macrossF since the beginning but i never knew about that!!!

Great info.... ( ´∀`).... Megumi-chan... Daisuki... ~~~♥ ~~♥ ~♥
sekidousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 09:50   Link #90
grss1982
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cebu City, Philippines


I was just watching Bamboo Blade today and I ROFL-ed at the irony of Episode 7......

Spoiler:
__________________
ARX-7 Arbalest
grss1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 00:23   Link #91
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I've never fully appreciated Aya Endo's voice like I did in ep 22 Her voice wonderfully delivered all Sheryl's feelings and made the scene as real and emotional as possible. Aya Endo+May'n = the best combo to create an awesome Sheryl! XD
nanatsusaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 05:02   Link #92
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 30




Say what you want about Animedia but their Seiyuu Animedia magazine and accompanying poster sometimes is just made of pure win. Managed to track down a second hand copy of the July issue while in Tokyo for Animelo 2008. Think I will go enter myself for a subscription for it with Kinokuniya.

No scans of either unless you guys are willing to find me another copy to replace them.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 07:42   Link #93
AlaAlba
...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
so, anyone here also listening to Macross radio?
this week & last week they have May'n as their guest, I love to hear her voice .
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 03:59   Link #94
FlyByNite
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
I've never fully appreciated Aya Endo's voice like I did in ep 22 Her voice wonderfully delivered all Sheryl's feelings and made the scene as real and emotional as possible. Aya Endo+May'n = the best combo to create an awesome Sheryl! XD

Honestly true. I know there's usually yearly animation awards in Japan. How would they deal with best seiyuu? I find it hard to separate May'n and Aya from Sheryl. Aya definitely delivers all the lines and has instilled a distinct and awesome personality, but May'n is capturing the emotion of the character in her singing better then any singer filling the 'singing voice' role of an anime character I can recall.

You can tell by the differences in her singing voice used for certain songs and that she isn't just BS-ing when she talks about how she's trying to get into the mood and emotion of Sheryl for a specific song. She is really doing it.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 19:44   Link #95
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 30


This is so freakin' hot.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 20:37   Link #96
Tak
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite View Post
Honestly true. I know there's usually yearly animation awards in Japan. How would they deal with best seiyuu? I find it hard to separate May'n and Aya from Sheryl. Aya definitely delivers all the lines and has instilled a distinct and awesome personality, but May'n is capturing the emotion of the character in her singing better then any singer filling the 'singing voice' role of an anime character I can recall.
I can definitely agree in regards Endo's passion in her characters. She is not a very versatile VA, but she is definitely very in-character. Although I personally prefer Naomi Shindou myself...

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 21:24   Link #97
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere in California
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I can definitely agree in regards Endo's passion in her characters. She is not a very versatile VA, but she is definitely very in-character. Although I personally prefer Naomi Shindou myself...

- Tak
LOL, I rarely come here now but anyway...


Yes! I would have loved for Shindou Naomi to be cast in Macross Frontier but I guess I can't have everything in life LOL. At least she was Aries Turner in Macross Zero. And she left a permanent impression on me with her sultry rendition of Fujino/Viola Shizuru.

Endo-sama does a spectacular performance. Her range of roles are lacking but then again she doesn't have the same amount of credits like for example "Tanaka Rie" (aka Monica) but that should change soon.

Although lately Endo herself has been cast in a lot of "Megane" roles (Blassreiter, Lucky Star, Sekirei) so it's quite refreshing to listen to her "feisty-fiery" side and as one of the main characters to boot.


--Lone Wolf

一匹狼
__________________
===================
Wolfie's Online Portfolio
http://www.wolfies-den.com/

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 22:06   Link #98
Tak
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
LOL, I rarely come here now but anyway...


Yes! I would have loved for Shindou Naomi to be cast in Macross Frontier but I guess I can't have everything in life LOL. At least she was Aries Turner in Macross Zero. And she left a permanent impression on me with her sultry rendition of Fujino/Viola Shizuru.

Endo-sama does a spectacular performance. Her range of roles are lacking but then again she doesn't have the same amount of credits like for example "Tanaka Rie" (aka Monica) but that should change soon.

Although lately Endo herself has been cast in a lot of "Megane" roles (Blassreiter, Lucky Star, Sekirei) so it's quite refreshing to listen to her "feisty-fiery" side and as one of the main characters to boot.


--Lone Wolf

一匹狼
Hope overworking is not depriving your sleep and valuable freetime to enjoy Macross Frontier, but I heard buns can keep you going...

In any case, aye, Shindou is a highly versatile and gifted VA. I was not particularly impressed with her role as Cagali Yula Athha (and her other tomboyish ones), but Shindou's characterization as Shizuru definitely left more than just a lasting impression. Whenever that Kyoto-ben starts going off in all directions, it makes me feel very warm and oh-so-fluffy inside. . .

It also helped that Shizuru was portrayed the way she was in HIME (she may bot be Grace, but oh man...), because her OTOME counterpart was a bit of a let-down, but not by much.

Endo does a great job with her roles, and I can tell she is very in-character. But so far, she lacks versatility. I highly appreciate her performance, and I await for her to expand her roles in the future.

On a side note, Blassreiter is such a tear-jerker. My my, I get sentimental sometimes with that show. Sure, its sentimental value combined in the series' entirety is nothing compared to the glory that is Macross Frontier ep22, but it still shakes me up a little...

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 04:02   Link #99
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 30


I'd eat her pao, if you know what I mean.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 05:51   Link #100
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
I don't know if many people here have played Valkyria Chronicles but the 3rd game just got announced today for the PSP and has art of the protagonist and the two heroines out. Main guy is voiced by Nakamura Yuuichi and one of two heroines is by Endou Aya. Looks like casting directors appreciate the chemistry between Alto and Sheryl Thankfully no Megumi in site
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.