AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.54%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 107 34.41%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.69%
Infinity 84 27.01%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 183 58.84%
Northern Cross 150 48.23%
Anata no Oto 55 17.68%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.37%
Yousei 98 31.51%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.44%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.65%
Lion 164 52.73%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.58%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.76%
Neko Nikki 20 6.43%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.48%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 35.05%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.83%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.30%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 25.08%
Aimo OC 52 16.72%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-11-05, 23:53   Link #2101
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
You better have insurance after what I do to you.
*has flashbacks of the leather outfit and whips*

Oh...god...

Edit: Since it went to a new page, I still want to know if the duet of Triangular was performed live at Budokan? Or any other concert for that matter, since it's actually my favorite version

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 23:55   Link #2102
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Hmmm, speaking of Triangular... (and that video is old raile Gomen, don't hurt me ) was the Triangular Duet performed at Budokan? Or any other concert for that matter, it's actually my favorite version
Yeah, but only as part of the opening medley. (I still haven't seen Budokan, but the set list was shown in Macross Chronicle.)

@Raile: Thank you! Meet me over in the Image thread in a few minutes, and I may have something for you...
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 00:01   Link #2103
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Yeah, but only as part of the opening medley. (I still haven't seen Budokan, but the set list was shown in Macross Chronicle.)

@Raile: Thank you! Meet me over in the Image thread in a few minutes, and I may have something for you...
Hmm, but the whole song wasn't performed as a duet live yet? Maybe in another concert that you know of? Man I love this song when it's the duet, Maaya's original is good but I just enjoyed the duet more.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-11-06, 00:10   Link #2104
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber

Quote:
Hmm, but the whole song wasn't performed as a duet live? Maybe in another concert that you know of? Man I love this song when it's the duet, Maaya's original is good but I just enjoyed the duet more.
The only other set list I have are for the "Debut! Ranka Lee with Sheryl Nome" concert from July 27, 2008 , which doesn't have "Fight on Stage" (not surprising, since it hadn't been released at the point).

And they didn't perform the song AT ALL at the "Super Dimension Tanabata" concert this last July, even though Maaya, Megumi, and May'n were all there.
Old 2009-11-06, 00:23   Link #2105
DeX-kun

Quote:
The only other set list I have are for the "Debut! Ranka Lee with Sheryl Nome" concert from July 27, 2008 , which doesn't have "Fight on Stage" (not surprising, since it hadn't been released at the point).

And they didn't perform the song AT ALL at the "Super Dimension Tanabata" concert this last July, even though Maaya, Megumi, and May'n were all there.
Well now, isn't that just disappointing? Damn, that's one of my favorite songs too (duet version that is)

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-11-06, 00:35   Link #2106
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber

Quote:
Well now, isn't that just disappointing? Damn, that's one of my favorite songs too (duet version that is)
It was hard to be disappointed by the Yoko Kanno concert...the only real problem is that Yoko Kanno has written TOO MUCH good music to comfortably fit into a three-hour concert. Sure, I would've loved them to sing "Triangler" (and "After, in the Dark," and "The Garden of Everything")...but there isn't a single song I would've cut to make room for them.
Old 2009-11-06, 01:19   Link #2107
DeX-kun

Quote:
It was hard to be disappointed by the Yoko Kanno concert...the only real problem is that Yoko Kanno has written TOO MUCH good music to comfortably fit into a three-hour concert. Sure, I would've loved them to sing "Triangler" (and "After, in the Dark," and "The Garden of Everything")...but there isn't a single song I would've cut to make room for them.
Oh I understand that, don't get me wrong but I just personally feel disappointed cause I want to hear that duet live so badly

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-11-06, 04:39   Link #2108
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Triangler LIVE! - Maaya
I just love the Triangle stage effects.
Old 2009-11-06, 22:24   Link #2109
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

So I was curious, did a little research and found out the Sheryl's seiyuu does sing and have done OP/EDs for other animes. Wonder how Sheryl would sound with her singing. Anything videos of her singing Sheryl's songs?
Old 2009-11-06, 23:13   Link #2110
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary Send a message via Skype™ to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodearth View Post
So I was curious, did a little research and found out the Sheryl's seiyuu does sing and have done OP/EDs for other animes. Wonder how Sheryl would sound with her singing. Anything videos of her singing Sheryl's songs?
She sang "Totsugeki Love Heart" as a young Sheryl in the 4th drama cd
Old 2009-11-09, 03:40   Link #2111
ippus
An Avid YotStrife shipper

Hn. I just realized I don't like Maaya singing live much D8;;;;

But she stands on stage in a far better manner than ...certain people *coughnakajimamay'ncough*

I love the actual instrumentals for the live version though >A<
ippus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 04:36   Link #2112
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I like Maaya live, though i don't really find myself listening to it that much. Studio does the job for me, especially the Maaya x Kanno combo.
Old 2009-11-09, 06:36   Link #2113
ippus
An Avid YotStrife shipper

haha well it might also have to do with the fact that I didn't like the song Triangular much to begin with (soooo screeccchhyyyyy)

I did like Maaya back in CCS "purachina" and she was pretty doing the mommy aimo but otherwise I'm fine with her just being a seiyuu;
ippus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 08:29   Link #2114
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

Someone posted a sample of the Universal Bunny album on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIxIf30CNow
Old 2009-11-14, 09:59   Link #2115
cutesherry
.:Sweet Dreamer:.

The samples are awesome @___@
I can't wait to hear it all!

..::CuteSherry LJ
...♥...CuteSherry MTokyo...♥...CuteSherry APaper...♥...CuteSherry dART::..
~I Seek Peace in my Dreams~

Last edited by cutesherry; 2009-11-14 at 10:24.
cutesherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 10:08   Link #2116
mike_s_6

Gira Gira Summer should have been for Ranka. What was Kanno thinking?! Gah. Hate it. The other two are okay, but what happened to May'n's lower register? It sounds weird on the third sample.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 10:54   Link #2117
KaoruLia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
Gira Gira Summer should have been for Ranka. What was Kanno thinking?! Gah. Hate it. The other two are okay, but what happened to May'n's lower register? It sounds weird on the third sample.
I'm having the opposite reaction to Gira Gira Summer -- I LOVE IT! I'm digging the other samples, too. So far, I'm happy with all her new songs
KaoruLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 11:39   Link #2118
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
the song itself is Ok, but it's much more suited to Ranka's style of music. It would probably sound better with Nakajima singing it.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 19:30   Link #2119
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Langrisser View Post
Someone posted a sample of the Universal Bunny album on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIxIf30CNow
It's really hard for me to say this but I'm actually disappointed. I'm not quite sure what happened but I waited until I heard the rest of this album before commenting on any of the songs. Pink Monsoon and Universal Bunny are probably the strongest songs so far and even that's not saying much. Pink Monsoon is a nice catchy pop song which sounds Britney Spear-ish and Universal Bunny has a nice unique touch to it but even so, these songs don't even come close to songs like Don't be late, Northern Cross (Personal favorite) or Diamond Crevasse (although to be fair, this song would be extremely difficult to top.)

Now I hope I'm not misunderstood because I'm not saying that these songs are bad but so far, I haven't heard one song that I would leave on repeat. Hopefully the movie will introduce something new that I'll like from May'N but as of right now, I'm slightly disappointed

On a side note, "Souda Yo" also suffers my criticism just as well. It's a nice song and all but I wouldn't play it on repeat either, "Ao (Aoi?) No Ether" tops that song in every category from what I've heard. Maybe it's the quality of the songs but none of the songs have really impressed me. Maybe Yoko Kanno is trying to be a little too innovative at this point, I'm not sure but I hope the movies prove to be better in the music department because personally, I'm just not enjoying the music as much as I thought I would. I'll have faith though, the movie just might blow us away with something amazing.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-11-14, 21:03   Link #2120
magnuskn

I actually agree, nothing has catched my ear as Diamond Crevasse, Northern Cross or Yousei yet.

Tags
music