AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.47%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.62%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.60%
Infinity 84 26.92%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 183 58.65%
Northern Cross 150 48.08%
Anata no Oto 55 17.63%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.28%
Yousei 98 31.41%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.36%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.62%
Lion 164 52.56%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.54%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.71%
Neko Nikki 20 6.41%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.37%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.94%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.76%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.21%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 25.00%
Aimo OC 52 16.67%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-06-27, 17:23   Link #321
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Then I wonder if Basara had a nickname what would it be?
He always had one.

He is called Nekki Basara, which I doubt Nekki (熱気, heat) is his family surname.

- Tak (DEUTSCHLAND vs. SPANIEN: Sonntag! 6/29/08)
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 17:46   Link #322
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
He always had one.

He is called Nekki Basara, which I doubt Nekki (熱気, heat) is his family surname.

I think that is his surname, it could be some kind of pun or something.
Old 2008-06-27, 17:52   Link #323
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I think that is his surname, it could be some kind of pun or something.
Well, with a hilarious surname like that, does he even need a nickname?

Old 2008-06-27, 18:30   Link #324
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Well, with a hilarious surname like that, does he even need a nickname?

I suppose not but still I think he deserves a nickname something like Galaxy Player after how much women he won over .
Old 2008-06-27, 18:38   Link #325
9mmx19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
Isn't this like getting annoyed at a Gundam show for having Gundams being piloted by aces, or hating Star Wars for having... well... wars in space? Or for a shoujo-manga based anime having... y'know, a love story?

Maybe you need to go back to Gundam for your Mecha fix. I also hear Code Geass is avoiding the music thing, although the love story and school comedy scenes may also be annoying to one looking for 'space and robots and shit blowing up'. No space battles in that one.

Incidentally, the Deculture Episode had all of those elements which annoyed you. What in heaven possessed you to start the series in the first place, given all the things you've complained about were in the VERY FIRST EPISODE? Did you think things would suddenly change like in Naruto, or DBZ?
I dunno I guess it was partially wishful thinking. I didnt think half of every episode would be a music video. The rest of it was interesting enough for me to keep watching though.

As for Code Geass, it got too ridiculous at the end and the school life crap didnt seem to fit with the rest of it. Where are all the series with pure asskickery? Damn maybe Im just too picky...
9mmx19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 19:15   Link #326
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmx19 View Post
I dunno I guess it was partially wishful thinking. I didnt think half of every episode would be a music video. The rest of it was interesting enough for me to keep watching though.

As for Code Geass, it got too ridiculous at the end and the school life crap didnt seem to fit with the rest of it. Where are all the series with pure asskickery? Damn maybe Im just too picky...
Few mecha series match that criteria - most of the people who are hardcore fans don't care... but there aren't many hardcore fans. So everyone's experimenting with BL, soap-opera twists, and so forth. Macross has ALWAYS been about the music and the power of love, although episodes which are half music video are rare; the ones that had a LOT of music were the Deculture Edition, the first episode, Episode 4 (Miss Macross), then Episode 6 and 7. So we've got six episodes out of 13 which have major music involvement... in other words, on par for the course.

Here's a hint for you - avoid Macross 7 like the plague. If you think THIS is bad, I have three words for you: Flying Guitar Hero.

Last edited by Haesslich; 2008-06-27 at 20:20. Reason: Clarification: Only Ep 7 was half-music. The rest were 'music played a big role' episodes.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 20:04   Link #327
Dash_Hunter
Pilot

Quote:

Well Macross always involves music so this is normal, and like Haesslich mentioned if you donīt like too much music in the episodes never watch Macross 7 even though itīs really good (yes iīm one of the minority of people that like Macross 7).
Dash_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 22:16   Link #328
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:

What you're looking for are shounen mecha anime, which Geass and Macross do not belong.

Macross is nothing without their idols and love triangles. And in all mecha anime, Macross is the best in bringing out romance and music.

In fact the most important factor of the Macross series is the music, it is the plot device itself. In some ways you can say the love triangle is there to emotionally boost the idol(s), so they can produce better music. And Valkyries are just there to assist the music, making sure that everyone hears the song and those who do not, get destroyed lol.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 00:54   Link #329
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I've been doing some thinking and the one song I really want to see covered more then any other Minmay song at some point is Tenshi No Enogu. The song is so uplifting yet so bittersweet when you hear it at the end of Macross Flashback 2012. I hope it gets worked it.

I see this months trend of calling shows ridiculous for essentially being themselves has carried over to a discussion thread for the music now. What is going on with the anime community these days, it's like all of as sudden I've noticed a substantial number of people becoming masters of the obvious? Summer heat much?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 15:34   Link #330
Terra

My Ranka CD arrived today with this with it XD

http://www.xenoinsight.com/Ranka.jpg
Old 2008-06-28, 16:06   Link #331
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

^^^
Are there variations in the Ranka CDs? I thought it came with a different insert.

I really, really like this one image.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 16:19   Link #332
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post

Thanks...

I just had a mental orgasm.

- Tak
Old 2008-06-28, 16:29   Link #333
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

So... much... <strikeout>hate</strikeout>envy.... for... Tabris and Terra...
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 16:46   Link #334
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post

Where did you order from?
pinoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 16:57   Link #335
Terra

CD Japan. But it was a first press copy.
Old 2008-06-28, 17:01   Link #336
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post
Where did you order from?
Try

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1011007074/

or

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VTCL-35029

Yes Asia does free shipping, but NeoWing/CD Japan has it cheaper. Time to get yer calculator

Although I personally can give a rats bottom about those lolitaish thingies, but what the hey...

- Tak
Old 2008-06-28, 19:22   Link #337
Westlo
Lets be reality

I finally got around to watching that "All that vf" promo that's been up for a bit and I noticed that they used the warm up song from episode 6 in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x047k6Ndx08

Wonder if we will hear a full version of it? Sounds like a remix of Don't Be Late.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 04:46   Link #338
rei_lied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I finally got around to watching that "All that vf" promo that's been up for a bit and I noticed that they used the warm up song from episode 6 in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x047k6Ndx08

Wonder if we will hear a full version of it? Sounds like a remix of Don't Be Late.
Was also looking for info about that song. First heard it during Sheryl's Goodbye Concert rehearsal. Kinda sounds like a remix, but I'm wishing it's not. We need another Sheryl song! Wish they release it.
Old 2008-06-29, 07:26   Link #339
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei_lied View Post
Was also looking for info about that song. First heard it during Sheryl's Goodbye Concert rehearsal. Kinda sounds like a remix, but I'm wishing it's not. We need another Sheryl song! Wish they release it.
At least two more Sheryl songs on the way in the new OP "Lion" which is a duet with Ranka (don't expect this to actually take place in the show for a long time...) and new ED "Northern Cross", I expect that to get the Diamond Crevasse treatment with the cd single comes out. So episode 18 should be the showcase for Northern Cross and if it's the type of song I think it will be than it comes at about the right time.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 01:33   Link #340
Ottocycle

I heard people back then that Ranka's(Nakajima's) rendition of Ai, Oboeteimasuka has the final portion done by Minmay(Ijima). Now that we have the credits of the song in the single(with Ijima having not being credited), is it actually a very good impersonation?
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music