AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.47%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.62%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.60%
Infinity 84 26.92%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 183 58.65%
Northern Cross 150 48.08%
Anata no Oto 55 17.63%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.28%
Yousei 98 31.41%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.36%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.62%
Lion 164 52.56%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.54%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.71%
Neko Nikki 20 6.41%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.37%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.94%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.76%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.21%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 25.00%
Aimo OC 52 16.67%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-01, 21:41   Link #501
mike_s_6

Are you serious, did you just say that you don't want to hear Lion? As I've mentioned before in Random Curiosity, I think that this OP was just meant to help the sales of Seikan Hikou, given that it hasn't sold as well as the other CD singles, and in the next week, the staff already has to promote another CD single. It's like a final blow before they moved on. That given, they had to rush a TV-cut of the song, which made the song sound stitched together, unlike if they made a real TV-cut of the song. They also used mostly rehashed scenes and even took some from the choppy Flash animation dance video.

I love this song, but the whole rushing and recycling to put it as an OP is not good in my book. They could have planned it better.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 21:46   Link #502
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
Are you serious, did you just say that you don't want to hear Lion? As I've mentioned before in Random Curiosity, I think that this OP was just meant to help the sales of Seikan Hikou, given that it hasn't sold as well as the other CD singles, and in the next week, the staff already has to promote another CD single. It's like a final blow before they moved on. That given, they had to rush a TV-cut of the song, which made the song sound stitched together, unlike if they made a real TV-cut of the song. They also used mostly rehashed scenes and even took some from the choppy Flash animation dance video.

I love this song, but the whole rushing and recycling to put it as an OP is not good in my book. They could have planned it better.
Actually no I didn't, I said hopefully we don't go back to Triangular after this and Lion. And either way at least I find Seikan Hikou listenable, which I can't say for Triangular. The opening could have been a black screen with just the song playing and I can honestly say I still would have preferred it as a opening theme.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 21:58   Link #503
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Actually no I didn't, I said hopefully we don't go back to Triangular after this and Lion. And either way at least I find Seikan Hikou listenable, which I can't say for Triangular. The opening could have been a black screen with just the song playing and I can honestly say I still would have preferred it as a opening theme.
Oh okay, I misread that line as "...we don't go back go Triangular after this, and Lion" when you meant "...we don't go back go Triangular, after this and Lion"

I think we've all had enough of Triangler by this time :P
Old 2008-08-02, 03:15   Link #504
Tak
Banned

You guys recall that music event with May'n and Megumi? Apparently it was pretty damn big...

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 08:07   Link #505
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post

Yeah it's cd sales are lacking compared to the rest but this should give a little bit of a push.

Oricon 2008 Singles Chart.

45 *,*96,487 ***,928 ダイアモンド クレバス/射手座☆午後九時Don't be late / シェリル・ノーム starring May'n 08/05/08
49 *,*85,755 ***,767 トライアングラー / 坂本真綾 08/04/23
72 *,*61,749 **4,295 星間飛行 / ランカ・リー=中島愛 08/06/25

I have no problem with them pushing it, since Frontier has excelled in this area. I'm just disappointed in how half assed the OP sequence was, it was like they got the work experience boy to work on an OP for a week....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 09:06   Link #506
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You guys recall that music event with May'n and Megumi? Apparently it was pretty damn big...

- Tak

Also regarding popularity, I heard news that the usual price for the next concert at Osaka is Y2100, but now they can only be bought at around Y40,000 because of scalpers! That's kind of baaaaad, but if it talks about the popularity of the animation, then...
Old 2008-08-02, 09:25   Link #507
Westlo
Lets be reality

Guess I'll post it here?

Anyway a certain someone has put up the demo versions of Northern Cross and Lion as sung by Yoko Kanno. For people who don't know she generally gives the artist a demo version of the song showing them how she wants it sung or something like that, it was mentioned in an interview with Steve Conte (sp) a while ago.

http://gabrielarobin.com/322/norther...s-full-version

Lion sounds pretty damn good, can't wait to hear that in good quality and with May'n and Megumi singing it. As for NC I was wrong about a slow downed verse... but one of the things I didn't like about the NC TV Edit was the transition between the start of the song and the first verse, that's been fixed in the full version.
Old 2008-08-02, 11:26   Link #508
SymphonicRain

I just listened to the full version of Northern Cross (Broadcasted in Macross Frontier radio).

Two words:

AWESOME SAUCE . . . 'cept it got butchered by Alto and Michel's conversation half way thru.

Would be nice if someone could translate the conversation made between Alto and Michel in the background.
SymphonicRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 11:30   Link #509
Westlo
Lets be reality

Krepshy posted this on MW just before, lyrics for Lion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kresphy from MW
マクロスF OP2「ライオン」 メロディ by May'n
Macross F OP2, Lion Melody, by May'n

Lyrics in YouTube

星をまわる流星 世界の真ん中で
くしゃみすれば どこかの 森で蝶が乱舞
キミが守る ドアの鍵デタラメ
恥ずかしい物語 舐めあっても ライオンは強い

生き残りたい 生き残りたい まだ生きてたくなる
星座の導きで 今 見つめ合った
生き残りたい 途方に暮れて キラリ枯れてゆく
本気のカラダ 見せ付けるまで 私 眠らない

生き残りたい まだ生きてたい キミを愛してる
本気のココロ 見せ付けるまで 私 眠らない
We will survive!

Edit - Hmm lyrics in youtube, he just edited that in 2 mins ago... hopefully a youtube link comes out soon!
Old 2008-08-02, 11:37   Link #510
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Krepshy posted this on MW just before, lyrics for Lion.

We will survive!

Edit - Hmm lyrics in youtube, he just edited that in 2 mins ago... hopefully a youtube link comes out soon!
Get back there right now :P
Old 2008-08-02, 12:13   Link #511
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Quote:
I have no problem with them pushing it, since Frontier has excelled in this area. I'm just disappointed in how half assed the OP sequence was, it was like they got the work experience boy to work on an OP for a week....
That silly OP pales in comparison to the intense Northern Cross I even like Neko Nikki better when it was an ED, but I guess they want to play fair for once by letting Ranka singing OP and Sheryl- ED in the same ep Can't say they're even though.

Quote:
Guess I'll post it here?

Anyway a certain someone has put up the demo versions of Northern Cross and Lion as sung by Yoko Kanno. For people who don't know she generally gives the artist a demo version of the song showing them how she wants it sung or something like that, it was mentioned in an interview with Steve Conte (sp) a while ago.

Lion sounds pretty damn good, can't wait to hear that in good quality and with May'n and Megumi singing it. As for NC I was wrong about a slow downed verse... but one of the things I didn't like about the NC TV Edit was the transition between the start of the song and the first verse, that's been fixed in the full version.
Uhm... where can I get NC full version? The download link on that blog is dead already

I can't really say anything about Lion... even with Kanno's not-so-good voice Northern Cross still sounds better Lion seems lighter than Sheryl's normal stuffs and (probably) more emotional than Ranka's pop-ish songs.

Still waiting for ep18 before decide whether I like it or not!
nanatsusaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 12:45   Link #512
Westlo
Lets be reality

It still works for me

I don't even know if I'm allowed to post that... let me know once you get it...

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-08-02 at 13:02.
Old 2008-08-02, 12:58   Link #513
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Quote:
It still works.

http://pds9.egloos.com/pds/200808/02...ll_Version.mp3

I don't even know if I'm allowed to post that... let me know once you get it...
It says I don't have permission to download that file Do you know where else I can get it or can you re-up it for me, please?
nanatsusaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 13:05   Link #514
Same_Shark

I'll wait to make a decision about Lion since it's just a demo. A lot of work has to be done before it sounds like the actual song.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 13:06   Link #515
Westlo
Lets be reality

Of course, she's just playing the basic melody on the piano mainly while singing, going to sound nothing like that, you just have to compare the NC demo to the final. Though I wouldn't mind hearing a NC piano version... can Sheryl play the piano....
Old 2008-08-02, 13:09   Link #516
Same_Shark

Quote:
Of course, she's just playing the basic melody on the piano mainly while singing, going to sound nothing like that, you just have to compare the NC demo to the final. Though I wouldn't mind hearing a NC piano version... can Sheryl play the piano....
I'm not sure, but that'd be really cool to see! Who knows, maybe we'll get one on the next OST.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 13:47   Link #517
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Guess I'll post it here?

Thanks, Westlo!

Wow, can't wait to hear the full version of Northern Cross. The TV sized version is something I've already grown fond of due to how much passion May'n puts into the song along with the lyrics itself so the complete version will definitely be a treat.

Lion does sound good, regardless if it's Kanno's vocals or not....gah....I need episode 18 NOW!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 13:49   Link #518
Westlo
Lets be reality

I put the second verse through babelfish, more sadder than the first
Old 2008-08-02, 15:22   Link #519
Tak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Lion does sound good, regardless if it's Kanno's vocals or not....gah....I need episode 18 NOW!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
You and everyone else. Man, episode 17 is lacking something, that entire episode was a build-up episode!

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 15:27   Link #520
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You and everyone else. Man, episode 17 is lacking something, that entire episode was a build-up episode!

- Tak
Itīs lacking the time-warp we need to know what is happening to Sheryl next ep.

Argh, still five days!
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music