AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.47%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.62%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.60%
Infinity 84 26.92%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 183 58.65%
Northern Cross 150 48.08%
Anata no Oto 55 17.63%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.28%
Yousei 98 31.41%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.36%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.62%
Lion 164 52.56%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.54%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.71%
Neko Nikki 20 6.41%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.37%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.94%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.76%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.21%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 25.00%
Aimo OC 52 16.67%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-09-09, 16:33   Link #1901
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Anyone care to translate more in-depth? There was just too much awesomeness in those few seconds to not know it all...
I haven't listened to it with a dictionary in front of me, but my favorite parts are when the DJ asks Sheryl what her physical "charm point" is, and she says "everything."

"Oh, then what's you weak point?"

"Nothing."

And at the end, as a promotion for "Pink Monsoon," he turns a wind tunnel machine on her.

Last edited by Yot-chan; 2009-09-09 at 16:54.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 16:51   Link #1902
magnuskn

Gah, I got to wait until Friday until I can listen to this... I leave today for my journey back to Germany.

Be seeing y´all in two days!
Old 2009-09-09, 20:07   Link #1903
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary Send a message via Skype™ to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I haven't listened to it with a dictionary in front of me, but my favorite parts are when the DJ asks Sheryl what her physical "charm point" is, and she says "everything."

"Oh, then what's you weak point?"

"Nothing."

And at the end, as a promotion for "Pink Monsoon," he turns a wind tunnel machine on her.
That made me lol so much but I wanted to wring the DJ's neck for harassing Sheryl <_<
Old 2009-09-09, 20:14   Link #1904
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber

YES! YESYESYES!!!!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8185166
Old 2009-09-09, 20:21   Link #1905
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Any info for those of us who are Nico-less?

By the way, Yot-chan, that part of the Sheryl radio interview you put up... I LOL'ed. Out loud.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 20:51   Link #1906
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber

Quote:
Any info for those of us who are Nico-less?
*sigh* I try to surprise everyone, but NNNNnnnoooOOOOooo, you've gotta go and make me give it all away...

Spoiler for SURPRISE!:

Quote:
By the way, Yot-chan, that part of the Sheryl radio interview you put up... I LOL'ed. Out loud.
Thank you!

I'd like to do the whole thing, but I'm really getting behind on translating My Fair Minmay...I want to get it done for Minmay's sixteenth birthday (on October 10th), and I've still got about sixty pages to go before I finish...So that takes priority over everything else on my translation plate right now. Sorry.
Old 2009-09-09, 21:03   Link #1907
Dash_Hunter
Pilot

I think this will be the cover for Pink Monsoon:

Spoiler for Cover:

Source: Famitsu.com
Old 2009-09-09, 21:09   Link #1908
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
I think this will be the cover for Pink Monsoon:

Spoiler for Cover:

Source: Famitsu.com
Nice. Very, very nice.
Old 2009-09-09, 21:28   Link #1909
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Very nice cover, indeed... as are the news of that other single.

Old 2009-09-09, 23:04   Link #1910
BanishingBook

Quote:
Thanks!

I'm glad I still remember my nico account >.<;;
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 02:12   Link #1911
raile
<3
*Author

Cute Pink Monsoon cover is cute~♥
And you may go ahead and shoot me...but the crossover single...well...it was just not my cup of tea.
Old 2009-09-10, 02:27   Link #1912
AlaAlba

wooo, this is nice.
*changes to mp3*
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 07:19   Link #1913
mike_s_6

Oooh, that kinda sounds old school, I like the melody

Also, the Pink Monsoon cover is confirmed:

http://listen.jp/store/musicnews_27835_1.htm

Last edited by mike_s_6; 2009-09-10 at 08:00.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 18:31   Link #1914
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber

Well, it's moved to youtube now...

Old 2009-09-10, 19:31   Link #1915
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Well, it's moved to youtube now...

I got goosebumps just listening to this song Wow, I love how they kept an old school feeling to this and all of the singers sounded great, although I felt Mari Iijima sounded a little rusty But other than that, it was a wonderful track. Thanks for sharing Gub

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 19:40   Link #1916
BanishingBook

^ - you meant old, not rusty. Olllddd. lol
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 19:57   Link #1917
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I got goosebumps just listening to this song Wow, I love how they kept an old school feeling to this and all of the singers sounded great, although I felt Mari Iijima sounded a little rusty But other than that, it was a wonderful track. Thanks for sharing Gub
Hmm...seeing as I go see Mari Iijima pretty much every time she performs in L.A. (used to be every six weeks...now, unfortunately, it's more like every six months), she sounded quite normal to me. (Yes, I'm boasting. )

But yeah, if I hadn't heard her recently, I'd probably be a little surprised, too.

I do think her technique has definitely improved since the '80s. I love the way her voice really caresses the lyrics, and brings out a lot of warmth and tenderness, and she brings real authority to her songs (ditto Angel Voice, which she completely stole from Basara...making it, effectively, a Minmay song first, and a Basara song second).

Yoshiki Fukuyama is awesome, as always. I'm a little sad that the song didn't really give him much of a chance to scream and shout and strut his stuff, but that's what the upcoming Fire Bomber album is for.

I have always loved Chie Kajiura's voice, and it pissed me off that every time they came out with a special Mylene release (like "Mylene Jenius Sings Lynn Minmay"), they used Tomo Sakurai instead. No slag on Tomo, but I think Chie's voice is MUCH more distinctive, and really, REALLY sexy.

May'n and Megumi...I'm not sure what to say about them, since we've had an abundance of music from them over the past year and a half or so. No surprises from them, but I wasn't expecting any.

Beto and I were talking about the song last night, and Beto observed that the song really belongs to Mari and May'n, and everybody else get kind of washed out. I think he's right about that. Even Basara gets drowned out in the battle between Minmay and Sheryl as to who will thoroughly OWN this song. ("If you want us to listen to your song, man, you're gonna have to SING LOUDER!")

Minmay, I think, wins...but only because she has more solo parts. If it had been an equal match, this would've seemed like a May'n song with a few people doing back-up.

Anyway, I like it a lot, and I think it's MUCH better than "Friends," the 15th Anniversary Minmay/Mylene duet...but that may be because, again, they used Tomo Sakurai instead of Chie Kajiura.
Old 2009-09-10, 20:16   Link #1918
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Hmm...seeing as I go see Mari Iijima pretty much every time she performs in L.A. (used to be every six weeks...now, unfortunately, it's more like every six months), she sounded quite normal to me. (Yes, I'm boasting. )

But yeah, if I hadn't heard her recently, I'd probably be a little surprised, too.

I do think her technique has definitely improved since the '80s. I love the way her voice really caresses the lyrics, and brings out a lot of warmth and tenderness, and she brings real authority to her songs (ditto Angel Voice, which she completely stole from Basara...making it, effectively, a Minmay song first, and a Basara song second).

May'n and Megumi...I'm not sure what to say about them, since we've had an abundance of music from them over the past year and a half or so. No surprises from them, but I wasn't expecting any.

Beto and I were talking about the song last night, and Beto observed that the song really belongs to Mari and May'n, and everybody else get kind of washed out. I think he's right about that. Even Basara gets drowned out in the battle between Minmay and Sheryl as to who will thoroughly OWN this song. ("If you want us to listen to your song, man, you're gonna have to SING LOUDER!")

Minmay, I think, wins...but only because she has more solo parts. If it had been an equal match, this would've seemed like a May'n song with a few people doing back-up.
The only problem I really had with Iijima's singing was probably her Vibrato, which sometimes sounds a little forced. Although I do agree that her singing has improved since her earlier days.

As for who owns the song, I say Macross does To be honest, I really thought that this song really belonged to Mari Iijima and Yoshiki Fukuyama because they really carried the song in my opinion. From what I heard, May'N had her one verse and then was followed by Megumi's verse then Iijima came back in with Megumi doing some adlibs (which I really loved ) So like I said, it felt more like a Iijima and Fukuyama song featuring everyone else. Great song none-the-less, it's a shame if people are turned off by the old school vibe because I really enjoyed this song.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 07:11   Link #1919
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Oh, c'mon poor Basara nearly gets drowned by either Minmay or Sheryl every time they sing a verse together. Like Yot-chan put, I'd think this was a May'n song with guests, if it weren't for Iijima's greater number of solo bits. Let's face it, both ladies tend to overpower everything else in this song - and I'm not saying that just because I like May'n/Sheryl - I absolutely adore little ol' Basara, too, but I can hear what's going on here.

Anyway, love the song. Hope the rest of the CD is just as good.

As well as the Firebomber one, of course.

Old 2009-09-11, 08:03   Link #1920
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber

Quote:
Anyway, love the song. Hope the rest of the CD is just as good.
The "rest of the CD" consists of one track: a karaoke version of this song.

Sorry.

Tags
music