AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-02-08, 22:58   Link #61
method
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi from ANN


Congratulations!

This post has made the big time! SomethingAwful.com's "Weekend Web" feature (7th post down on that page)!

I honestly thought Zachary "Spokker Jones" Gutierrez would post one of your more outrageous DBZOA gyrobot posts, like how you want to burn down 4Kids by posing as a janitor and putting flammable liquids in their furnace or how a couple of kids burning their Yu-Gi-Oh junk would be of the same significance as the Boston Tea Party, but I guess this board is more famous than the DBZOA board.

Classic
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 22:58   Link #62
Rebochan
Clubbing
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 30
Talking

Wow, I feel famous to be part of a thread with a feature on Something Awful. Though relieved that I wasn't the one who got featured.
__________________
(Too lame for a sig.)
Rebochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 23:24   Link #63
Leo_Otaku
俺たち は リトルバスターズ!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada/ Winterpeg
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I think this is really sad that 4kids got a hold of this title. Anyway what is 4kids email? I looked for their homepage but didn't find anything. I'm really more pissed that they have picked up Ojamajo Doremi which is just as or even more popular in Japan (not to mention it is shown in various places of the world). If they could do a decent job or would be known to release uncut DVD I wouldn't mind because Doremi and Mew Mew would be great for any girl ^_^. Like who wants to watch blues clues all day 0_o ...dude. And I can't believe they think it is bad to say hell in shows like DBZ when in fact I watched lots of shows as a kid with swears and don't remember them until I watched them now LOL.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 23:29   Link #64
JAppi
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gureibi wo aishite iru
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe
Oh dear lord I have became more famous then bandit ken
I hate you.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 23:30   Link #65
Leo_Otaku
俺たち は リトルバスターズ!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada/ Winterpeg
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebochan
Wow, I feel famous to be part of a thread with a feature on Something Awful. Though relieved that I wasn't the one who got featured.
LOL that is quite interesting ^-^
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 00:12   Link #66
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
LOL that is quite interesting ^-^
but I am also ashamed too you know I have became a total jerk.
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 01:03   Link #67
Fronzel
Schmuck
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
Anyway what is 4kids email?

They tell you to write letters, though. Say it's more effective.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 01:33   Link #68
Tenchi from ANN
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Age: 39
By the way, I didn't submit that one to SomethingAwful.com. I've never really come to this forum until I was looking for that exact post after it appeared on SA.
Tenchi from ANN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 11:50   Link #69
Spar-Q
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 32
Send a message via ICQ to Spar-Q Send a message via MSN to Spar-Q
Unhappy

Everybody's already said how I feel about the subject, so I won't rant and rave.. all I wanna say is that, as long as 4kids refuses to release uncut, subtitled versions of their properties, I will continue to download fansubbed versions of said shows.

I believe in the legal rights of companies and am fully willing to buy their products, but first they must supply said products.

It would be just great of animesuki.com continued to list fansubs which are owned by companies whom explicitly(sp?) state that they will not release uncut subtitled versions.
Spar-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 12:12   Link #70
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spar-Q
Everybody's already said how I feel about the subject, so I won't rant and rave.. all I wanna say is that, as long as 4kids refuses to release uncut, subtitled versions of their properties, I will continue to download fansubbed versions of said shows.

I believe in the legal rights of companies and am fully willing to buy their products, but first they must supply said products.

It would be just great of animesuki.com continued to list fansubs which are owned by companies whom explicitly(sp?) state that they will not release uncut subtitled versions.
The problem with that is those companies are the ones that are most likely to sue. How long do you think it'd take for 4kids to take legal action if fansubs of pokemon were listed here?
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 12:33   Link #71
Laurie-chan
Asian Goddess
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Kansas
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Laurie-chan
I agree with Spar-Q. If they don't release a proper "uncut" version for the fans which it was truly made for, which are the "true" anime fans, and also by totally Americanizing it, there is "no wrongdoing" when continuing to download stuff licensed by 4Kids. Japanese anime was never really meant for outside of Japan and if someone plans to distribute it elsewhere, like in the US, then cutting up the anime and trying to make it the way you want it to be is just plain wrong. It's just like vandalizing a wonderful piece of art and that is truly wrong.

Don't the people at 4Kids actually watch the product that they acquire and why won't they just make their own stuff instead of trying to get it from Japan. Does this mean that American cartoons are so bad that 4Kids will refuse anything that is domestically made?

As long as 4Kids continues to do this "vandalism", it is a right and it is not illegal to download anything licensed by 4Kids.

Another thing, since you are not downloading the English dub Hollywood Mew Mew, which doesn't have anything remotely Japanese in it, then it is not illegal to download an anime called "Tokyo Mew Mew", which has Japanese dialogue and Japanese landmarks. 4Kids can't sue you if you download Tokyo Mew Mew since it is not Hollywood Mew Mew that you are downloading. Also if you own the R2 version of it, then you have a right to fansub it and distribute it since you are distributing Tokyo Mew Mew and not Hollywood Mew Mew. Nuff said!!!
__________________
Platina Princess Candidate and honor student ^___^
Laurie-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 13:06   Link #72
Spar-Q
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 32
Send a message via ICQ to Spar-Q Send a message via MSN to Spar-Q
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie-chan
I agree with Spar-Q. If they don't release a proper "uncut" version for the fans which it was truly made for, which are the "true" anime fans, and also by totally Americanizing it, there is "no wrongdoing" when continuing to download stuff licensed by 4Kids. Japanese anime was never really meant for outside of Japan and if someone plans to distribute it elsewhere, like in the US, then cutting up the anime and trying to make it the way you want it to be is just plain wrong. It's just like vandalizing a wonderful piece of art and that is truly wrong.

Don't the people at 4Kids actually watch the product that they acquire and why won't they just make their own stuff instead of trying to get it from Japan. Does this mean that American cartoons are so bad that 4Kids will refuse anything that is domestically made?

As long as 4Kids continues to do this "vandalism", it is a right and it is not illegal to download anything licensed by 4Kids.

Another thing, since you are not downloading the English dub Hollywood Mew Mew, which doesn't have anything remotely Japanese in it, then it is not illegal to download an anime called "Tokyo Mew Mew", which has Japanese dialogue and Japanese landmarks. 4Kids can't sue you if you download Tokyo Mew Mew since it is not Hollywood Mew Mew that you are downloading. Also if you own the R2 version of it, then you have a right to fansub it and distribute it since you are distributing Tokyo Mew Mew and not Hollywood Mew Mew. Nuff said!!!
Unfortunately, the law doesn't say so... all I'm stating is opinion on what I'm gonna do regardless. I'm not saying that it should be legal, although I think it would be nice to be alowed to do such things considering that 4kids has no real interest in serving us anyhow..

I'm just saying that 4kids is losing money by not serving us, and I'm not gonna sit back and just accept the fact that I can't 'legally' get a version of something that I normally can't understand in its native language.
Spar-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 17:02   Link #73
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie-chan
Another thing, since you are not downloading the English dub Hollywood Mew Mew, which doesn't have anything remotely Japanese in it, then it is not illegal to download an anime called "Tokyo Mew Mew", which has Japanese dialogue and Japanese landmarks. 4Kids can't sue you if you download Tokyo Mew Mew since it is not Hollywood Mew Mew that you are downloading. Also if you own the R2 version of it, then you have a right to fansub it and distribute it since you are distributing Tokyo Mew Mew and not Hollywood Mew Mew. Nuff said!!!
That's a very cute sophistry, but the simple fact is that 4Kids has bought the right to distribute Tokyo Mew Mew in the USA. The fact that the retitled and changed much of the content it has no relevance to that fact. They still have the license to the original version regardless of what they do with it.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 17:20   Link #74
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi from ANN
I honestly thought Zachary "Spokker Jones" Gutierrez would post one of your more outrageous DBZOA gyrobot posts, like how you want to burn down 4Kids by posing as a janitor and putting flammable liquids in their furnace or how a couple of kids burning their Yu-Gi-Oh junk would be of the same significance as the Boston Tea Party, but I guess this board is more famous than the DBZOA board.
Quoted and Submitted Thanks guy
Tabiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 20:49   Link #75
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie-chan
I agree with Spar-Q. If they don't release a proper "uncut" version for the fans which it was truly made for, which are the "true" anime fans, and also by totally Americanizing it, there is "no wrongdoing" when continuing to download stuff licensed by 4Kids. Japanese anime was never really meant for outside of Japan and if someone plans to distribute it elsewhere, like in the US, then cutting up the anime and trying to make it the way you want it to be is just plain wrong. It's just like vandalizing a wonderful piece of art and that is truly wrong.

Don't the people at 4Kids actually watch the product that they acquire and why won't they just make their own stuff instead of trying to get it from Japan. Does this mean that American cartoons are so bad that 4Kids will refuse anything that is domestically made?

As long as 4Kids continues to do this "vandalism", it is a right and it is not illegal to download anything licensed by 4Kids.

Another thing, since you are not downloading the English dub Hollywood Mew Mew, which doesn't have anything remotely Japanese in it, then it is not illegal to download an anime called "Tokyo Mew Mew", which has Japanese dialogue and Japanese landmarks. 4Kids can't sue you if you download Tokyo Mew Mew since it is not Hollywood Mew Mew that you are downloading. Also if you own the R2 version of it, then you have a right to fansub it and distribute it since you are distributing Tokyo Mew Mew and not Hollywood Mew Mew. Nuff said!!!
I agree make cosumer quality anime for us too, your bucthery is threatening USA itself your amercianizing ways are wrecking US imaged as if it had not been wrecked already.

Last edited by asaqe; 2004-02-11 at 02:11.
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 21:38   Link #76
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe
I agree make cosumer quality anime for us too, your bucthery is threatening USA itself your amercianizing ways are wrecking US imaged as if it had not been wrecked already
Asaqe, please form proper english sentences.
Tabiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 22:23   Link #77
babbito2k
annoying white bat
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie-chan
...it is a right...
This stuff about people's "right" to free anime "for the fans which it was truly made for" turns off a lot of people. This show was produced to make money. It is being brought to the US in order to make money.

Fans are just people who watch the show. If I am a fan of a sports team, it doesn't give me the "right" to expect the team to win its games every time I go see them play.
__________________
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 23:21   Link #78
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Somewhere in Hawaii
I'm not really much of a fan of Tokyo Mew Mew no wait Hollywood Mew Mew considering I only saw the first 4 episodes of it. The best thing fans of the anime can do is to write to 4kids and pray to god that they will listen. This is something Tabiree has been saying all along. Heck I think I might write to them just for the crazy name change. Come on Hollywood Mew Mew thats just ridiculous. If I were the creators of this anime I would be so furious about this, but I'm sure the original creators don't care. Just as long as they make lots of money they couldn't care less if their show was chopped up to pieces or even set on fire. Or I'm I wrong?
__________________
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 00:43   Link #79
method
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
If I were the creators of this anime I would be so furious about this, but I'm sure the original creators don't care. Just as long as they make lots of money they couldn't care less if their show was chopped up to pieces or even set on fire. Or I'm I wrong?
You're right. The Japanese companies are most likely aware of the changes and don't care as long as the royalties are paid to them. Considering some companies fear reverse importation, they could see that as a positive.

I find Laurie-chan quite funny.

Quote:
f they don't release a proper "uncut" version for the fans which it was truly made for, which are the "true" anime fans,

Quote:
Japanese anime was never really meant for outside of Japan
Does anybody else find these two statement contradictory.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-14, 22:57   Link #80
Tenchi from ANN
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabiree
Quoted and Submitted Thanks guy
Oh, so you're the one submitting the posts to SomethingAwful.com?

Well, you've struck gold two weeks in a row, as Zachary "Spokker Jones" Gutierrez used the one about blowing up 4Kids (sixth screencap down from the top). Weirdly, he stuck it in the middle of a group of wacky ones about time travel, I guess because the post says "4Kids is history".
Tenchi from ANN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
kemonomimi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.