AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-19, 17:04   Link #1281
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
I wonder, if I was in that anime, I would probably be one among those guys chasing Sheryl's panties =)
hah you and a lot of guys/gals here (me included, i'd have the net )

I'm right there with you, I don't think there's been any other female anime character where I felt more connected to.
Old 2008-08-19, 20:21   Link #1282
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
It is quite abnormal for me to love anime character this much. And I watched quite a few, but Sheryl is above them all. If Alto chooses that other girl (can't say her name in respect to Sheryl topic lol) then she is better off alone. That Loli lover doesn't deserve our great Sheryl.

I wonder, if I was in that anime, I would probably be one among those guys chasing Sheryl's panties =)
Hentai.

Now I'm going to sound like a stalker. replying to you with that response in two threads.
Old 2008-08-19, 20:58   Link #1283
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Hentai.

Now I'm going to sound like a stalker. replying to you with that response in two threads.
ok sry but this has been bothering me like really crazy Justin. Who's that girl in your avatar? pwease tell me
Old 2008-08-19, 21:24   Link #1284
aneeshadc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
ok sry but this has been bothering me like really crazy Justin. Who's that girl in your avatar? pwease tell me
Thats Asa-sempai from the anime Shuffle! Actually, her behaviour is very similar to that of Sheryl. I like her quite a bit too. Just saw the beginning few episodes and I was afraid Asa would lose, her kind rarely win in typical anime shows.so didnt get around to finishing it. Need to watch it again nw to see the outcome!
Old 2008-08-19, 21:36   Link #1285
aneeshadc

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
hah you and a lot of guys/gals here (me included, i'd have the net )

I'm right there with you, I don't think there's been any other female anime character where I felt more connected to.
I wouldnt chase after her panties But Srsly She is definitely the only female anime character I have ever felt this connected to. I've never been this inclined to cheer on an anime character before her !
Old 2008-08-19, 21:42   Link #1286
aneeshadc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
Alto comes home to Ranka after a hard day of flying:

"DOWN Girl! DOWN! No... Stop licking me! Outside!... Go on!

Alto comes home to Sheryl after a hard day of flying:

"OH! You're STILL here, sitting on that couch?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by solothurn View Post
You mean, stop licking my shoes since Ranka would probably be this little dog that wouldn't reach even a kid's shoulders. :P

...For some reason, I can just see that cat responding to this with just a big yawn.

Quote:
"I'M Sheryl Neko!"

lol! Those scenarios are hilarious!
Old 2008-08-20, 00:47   Link #1287
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
Thats Asa-sempai from the anime Shuffle! Actually, her behaviour is very similar to that of Sheryl. I like her quite a bit too. Just saw the beginning few episodes and I was afraid Asa would lose, her kind rarely win in typical anime shows.so didnt get around to finishing it. Need to watch it again nw to see the outcome!
Shuffle wasn't that great a series, but Asa and her mom really made it worthwhile for me.

I fell in love with Asa's character during the pilot, and first episode cemented it.

That type of character(which Sheryl is similar to in ways) are my favorite.
Old 2008-08-20, 01:35   Link #1288
aneeshadc

Quote:
Shuffle wasn't that great a series, but Asa and her mom really made it worthwhile for me.

I fell in love with Asa's character during the pilot, and first episode cemented it.

That type of character(which Sheryl is similar to in ways) are my favorite.
Ya, your never-changing Asa avatar speaks volumes abt ur feelings for her
Old 2008-08-20, 02:13   Link #1289
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Quote:
Ya, your never-changing Asa avatar speaks volumes abt ur feelings for her
See sig
Old 2008-08-20, 02:43   Link #1290
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Ranka Inu
Sheryl Neko
Alto Oshiri
Old 2008-08-20, 03:20   Link #1291
aneeshadc

Quote:
See sig
Hw do I do that again?
Old 2008-08-20, 03:53   Link #1292
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Hw do I do that again?

His sig is located on every single one of his posts. 

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw
Old 2008-08-20, 04:33   Link #1293
aneeshadc

At the risk of sounding stupid again what exactly do u guys mean by sig?
Old 2008-08-20, 04:37   Link #1294
magnuskn

Quote:
At the risk of sounding stupid again what exactly do u guys mean by sig?
The signature. I donīt have one, but a lot of the other members have some sort of picture or quote, which is always posted with their messages.
Old 2008-08-20, 06:26   Link #1295
aneeshadc

OH! kay, I get u. Thnx
Old 2008-08-20, 08:15   Link #1296
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
Quote:
Hentai.

If I put your answer in my sig will you leave me alone?
Old 2008-08-20, 10:40   Link #1297
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
His sig is located on every single one of his posts. 

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
My sig doesn't always show up when I post.

Sometimes I actually remember to turn it off before hitting submit.
Old 2008-08-22, 11:50   Link #1298
MaiHikari

Seeing no one has made a tribute to the Galactic Fairy in her own thread, I'll start it.

Quote:
For her part, you all are cheering for Sheryl for standing up to be counted, and I am too, but you MUST all realize this is her shining moment of growth we've been waiting for. I'm seeing many of you treat it like a simple continuation of before and it most certainly isn't. This is the start of the new Sheryl... She might not be so coy the next time she sees Alto. She knows what hope love brings with it after being in the shelter. She knows what a difference it makes to get involved and not just get shuffled off in the proverbial limousine now... She has a reason to live and fight for what matters to her.
I respectfully disagree here. Sheryl has been growing throughout the series, and it's not like she simply came up with a relevation to sing for others. She has always been singing for herself and her fans. She wanted to help Galaxy when she heard it was in danger. She has been strong, but has also learned to love and make friends. Whenever she is presented with a challenge, she faces it head on and rises above it. When Grace told her she is discarded, she rises to the challenge to win back her career. But she was set back when she finds out about her impending death. Ep 20 was to overcome the the thoughts of death, because she realizes that even if it costs her her life, she will fight to help others and reach out to them.

Sheryl was spectacular in episode 20, especially when contrasting against Ranka.

When most Ranka fans had cheered her for being loving, she couldn't get past herself in a time of crisis. People are being killed and she only thinks of dying because the guy she likes hugged another girl. Nanase's injured and she only thought of Alto's warm hands. When Klan challenges Alto to face his feelings, she blushed. Everyone is selfish, so I can understand her feelings, but it doesn't absolve her of any responsiblity towards the people of Frontier and Mikhail's death. She chose to be their hope and failed to deliver in the time of need.

Sheryl, on the other hand, rises above her own impending death. She reaches out to people in the time of need, even though they had forgotten about her. She tended to and protected Nanase, even though the girl was not fond of her. She sends Alto off to save Frontier even though she must have wanted to spend her potentially final moments with him. And by all means, it's not like she's suddenly selfless. She had wanted to help Galaxy even though it was where she spent her horrible childhood eating out of garbage cans. She wanted to go to Galia 4 to see calm the revolt, even when she was crawling in her sick bed. I can understand it if she wanted to do the exact opposite all this, even if it's selfish, because aren't we all? But she rose above her own selfishness for the sake of others. That's love.
Old 2008-08-22, 13:09   Link #1299
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Seeing no one has made a tribute to the Galactic Fairy in her own thread, I'll start it.

I respectfully disagree here. Sheryl has been growing throughout the series, and it's not like she simply came up with a relevation to sing for others. She has always been singing for herself and her fans. She wanted to help Galaxy when she heard it was in danger. She has been strong, but has also learned to love and make friends. Whenever she is presented with a challenge, she faces it head on and rises above it. When Grace told her she is discarded, she rises to the challenge to win back her career. But she was set back when she finds out about her impending death. Ep 20 was to overcome the the thoughts of death, because she realizes that even if it costs her her life, she will fight to help others and reach out to them.

Sheryl was spectacular in episode 20, especially when contrasting against Ranka.

When most Ranka fans had cheered her for being loving, she couldn't get past herself in a time of crisis. People are being killed and she only thinks of dying because the guy she likes hugged another girl. Nanase's injured and she only thought of Alto's warm hands. When Klan challenges Alto to face his feelings, she blushed. Everyone is selfish, so I can understand her feelings, but it doesn't absolve her of any responsiblity towards the people of Frontier and Mikhail's death. She chose to be their hope and failed to deliver in the time of need.

Sheryl, on the other hand, rises above her own impending death. She reaches out to people in the time of need, even though they had forgotten about her. She tended to and protected Nanase, even though the girl was not fond of her. She sends Alto off to save Frontier even though she must have wanted to spend her potentially final moments with him. And by all means, it's not like she's suddenly selfless. She had wanted to help Galaxy even though it was where she spent her horrible childhood eating out of garbage cans. She wanted to go to Galia 4 to see calm the revolt, even when she was crawling in her sick bed. I can understand it if she wanted to do the exact opposite all this, even if it's selfish, because aren't we all? But she rose above her own selfishness for the sake of others. That's love.
Thank you for this beautiful post it explains exactly why Sheryl's the best and Ranka's full of fail in this ep.
Old 2008-08-22, 13:21   Link #1300
KiraYamatoFan
No end to my talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post

Great post! Can't have thought of a better way to say how Sheryl is the Queen in this series.

Tags
characters