AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-24, 08:10   Link #1341
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
then what would become of Alto><Sheryl pairing's future looks like?
(sorry, lack of imagination here, not in a bad way)
Secret meetings while Ranka is off singing?
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-08-24, 08:31   Link #1342
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
...

I... I sadly have to agree... Plus, that's a fantastic scenario.

"Alto! Let's go out to dinner tonight!"
"Mehhh... I'm too tired Ranka... Another night?"
*Growls from outside.* "Hum? Did you say something hun?"
"Er... What did you have in mind?!"
They should make an omake for that.
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-08-24, 14:46   Link #1343
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Not really a picture of Sheryl, but maybe showing she won the shipping war?


For all the 'content' that Alto is around Ranka -cough-, take a look at Alto's facial expressions here when looking at Sheryl in episode 20. Pure kindness, contentment, etc, etc.

Have to credit the blogger I got this from, from THAT Animeblog. His blog on episode 20 was classic.
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2008-08-24, 15:04   Link #1344
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Not really a picture of Sheryl, but maybe showing she won the shipping war?


For all the 'content' that Alto is around Ranka -cough-, take a look at Alto's facial expressions here when looking at Sheryl in episode 20. Pure kindness, contentment, etc, etc.

Have to credit the blogger I got this from, from THAT Animeblog. His blog on episode 20 was classic.
Yeah, I noticed that look on Altos face, too. Itīs why I think Sheryl has it in the bag, unless they let her die of her infection.
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-08-24, 15:46   Link #1345
indr0008
Physicist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Singapore, NTU to be precise
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
and that's why THAT is my favorite anime blog so far, they started unbiased, but they sure can tell how to judge people after the story progressed
indr0008 is offline  
Old 2008-08-24, 21:55   Link #1346
Haninozuka
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Yeah, I noticed that look on Altos face, too. Itīs why I think Sheryl has it in the bag, unless they let her die of her infection.
I loved the expression on Alto's face. If not for Ranka's untimely interruption, they might have kissed...the mood and charged emotions between them both seemed right for a moment like that.

I really hope they don't let Sheryl just die of the V-infection. It would mean that Grace would have succeeded in her dastardly plans to eliminate Sheryl and it'll be much more satisfying to see the horror and consternation on Grace's face when she realizes that she had failed in bringing down the Galactic Fairy.
Haninozuka is offline  
Old 2008-08-24, 22:11   Link #1347
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haninozuka View Post
I loved the expression on Alto's face. If not for Ranka's untimely interruption, they might have kissed...the mood and charged emotions between them both seemed right for a moment like that.

I really hope they don't let Sheryl just die of the V-infection. It would mean that Grace would have succeeded in her dastardly plans to eliminate Sheryl and it'll be much more satisfying to see the horror and consternation on Grace's face when she realizes that she had failed in bringing down the Galactic Fairy.
THe only problem is that up to now only Grace is the one that knows anything about the V-infection and Klan has only scratched the surface. So if Klan goes down then Sheryl's secret will go with her to the grave.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline  
Old 2008-08-24, 22:45   Link #1348
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
THe only problem is that up to now only Grace is the one that knows anything about the V-infection and Klan has only scratched the surface. So if Klan goes down then Sheryl's secret will go with her to the grave.
Alto is beginning to suspect something wrong with Sheryl. No matter how many lies she would tell, he couldn't simply ignore her constant collapses
nanatsusaya is offline  
Old 2008-08-24, 23:06   Link #1349
KiraYamatoFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Yeah, I noticed that look on Altos face, too. Itīs why I think Sheryl has it in the bag, unless they let her die of her infection.
I also believe that way: it was the first time Alto showed contentment and such pure kindness towards anybody since the story began. Sheryl is miles ahead in the love contest for Alto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haninozuka View Post
I loved the expression on Alto's face. If not for Ranka's untimely interruption, they might have kissed...the mood and charged emotions between them both seemed right for a moment like that.

I really hope they don't let Sheryl just die of the V-infection. It would mean that Grace would have succeeded in her dastardly plans to eliminate Sheryl and it'll be much more satisfying to see the horror and consternation on Grace's face when she realizes that she had failed in bringing down the Galactic Fairy.
Yeah, who knows at what level Alto and Sheryl's relationship would be reaching by now if Ranka didn't step in. They would have kissed by now and as you said, the timing and emotions were in a perfect match for that.

I don't think they will let Sheryl die of the V-infection and let Grace win at the expense of the most charismatic characters ever created in the Macross universe. I can't wait for the moment Sheryl comes back fully healed from the moment Klan or anybody can find the cure: I would love to see Sheryl and Alto rip Grace into pieces after showing how miserably her master plan failed.
KiraYamatoFan is offline  
Old 2008-08-24, 23:24   Link #1350
servidor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Monterrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
I don't think they will let Sheryl die of the V-infection and let Grace win at the expense of the most charismatic characters ever created in the Macross universe. I can't wait for the moment Sheryl comes back fully healed from the moment Klan or anybody can find the cure: I would love to see Sheryl and Alto rip Grace into pieces after showing how miserably her master plan failed.
I was thinking that in both the original Macross and in Macross Plus, the Hero come ridding his variable fighter to save his love interest. After what KY said above, could we have a similar end with Grace as the final boss? With Alto rescuing Sheryl.
servidor is offline  
Old 2008-08-24, 23:49   Link #1351
Taiyakikung
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangkok,Thailand
Send a message via ICQ to Taiyakikung
I think that Ranka might end up with her brother.There's some flashbacks.
Sheryl in this ep was very adult-like.I like her a lot.In contrast,Ranka acted like a baby.I got pissed off very much.
__________________
Taiyakikung is offline  
Old 2008-08-25, 01:27   Link #1352
BleachOD
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kneeling in front of my ICHIGO SHRINE.
Can I ask a question; a serious question? This is something that's been bugging me for a awhile. Why did everyone get so mad because I said this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post


Let’s cut to the chase and get straight to the biggest bone of contention I have with her.
Episode 10 kiss scene…


A lot of you argued that Sheryl had no way of knowing that Ranka would see that kiss she planted on Alto.
Normally I would say “That may be true”
However her actions before the kiss is what made me see the whole thing as spiteful.
Before they get to the Island...
Alto’s on the phone with Ranka; Sheryl notices and when she does…She isn’t happy.

When we get there… (This where I need the ladies to really pay attention because chicks do things like this all the time)
First; the main star of the film, approaches Sheryl


Seemingly Sheryl snubs her as payback to Ranka. At that point and time I was like “You go girl! Put that bitch in her place!” However, I discovered that I spoke too soon…
The “Bitch she wanted to put in her place” Was really Ranka. Why do I say this…?
[CENTER]Exhibit A (Click the thumbnail)

She greets Ranka then smoothly slides in the “He’s with me” (Alto’s reaction I will get to but in the Romance thread).
Now that could be seen as misconstrued, however she does this…

Exhibit B (Click the thumbnail)

"I know about his personal life and you don’t” She purposely brought up Alto’s feelings regarding acting. Sheryl says “Really? I knew.” She not only implied that she has “that kind” of relationship with Alto.
She manages to make Ranka feel sad for that and the fact that he was asked to do something hates more than anything to help her.
Last she knows that She is Ranka’s Idol. She knows that Ranka is in love with him.


As Ranka runs off; Sheryl stares after her with a curious look. . In previous episodes you can see this same look. She had no remorse whatsoever. She delivered four blows at one time
If Sheryl's intentions were not to hurt Ranka, if she wasn't purposely implying that she and Alto are close...Then why did she do this?

<<<<<<BAM<<<>>>BAM>>>>>>


Sheryl told Ranka "It seemed like he doesn't want to talk about it...So I STOPPED TEASING him."

She says that before she teases Alto. So my question is Sheryl a person who's not a bad egg, just sometimes she does spiteful things, because she let her insecurities get the better of her? Or is she insecure and and a liar? Or is she just a liar?

Something else I just have to know. How come Sheryl can worry about Alto, act like "a baby" in the previous episode, display jealousy and feelings of inferiority when it comes to Ranka...Yet Ranka is the "Orihime" of Macross?

I don't get it...

NOTE: I don't care if you agree or not. If you take this post seriously, I will do the shipping thing. It seems to me that most are under the impression...Being in the same room counts as couple material and not looking at character's behavior.


Like I said before, I don't care if you disagree. I ask one thing...Please do not say "You don't know Kawamori" "You should learn not to judge Kawamori because you are noob" SPEAK FOR YOURSELF! I don't have to know him to figure out the direction he is going in. The characters behavior is clear enough to determine the outcome. Please don't assume I don't understand...I DO! Just tell me why you disagree.

Last edited by BleachOD; 2008-08-25 at 08:45.
BleachOD is offline  
Old 2008-08-25, 01:36   Link #1353
indr0008
Physicist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Singapore, NTU to be precise
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
K, u forget one thing, if she did that on evil purposes like you said, then where's the evil grin? dun say 'she hide that', cuz she had never done that for 20 episodes,

and about the jealousy, the teasing....that's what women do, and she IS a woman

oh dun forget the word 'after all' in that picture you've shown us
indr0008 is offline  
Old 2008-08-25, 01:37   Link #1354
cerrian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
If Sheryl's intentions were not to hurt Ranka, if she wasn't purposely implying that she and Alto are close...Then why did she do this?

<<<<<<BAM<<<>>>BAM>>>>>>


Sheryl told Ranka "It seemed like he doesn't want to talk about it...So I STOPPED TEASING him."
It might be the sub you're watching from, because the one I saw went somewhere along the lines of "Alto never seemed like he wanted to talk about it so she never brought the subject up".

Once the cat is out of the bag, Sheryl has no problems teasing Alto about it.
cerrian is offline  
Old 2008-08-25, 02:00   Link #1355
KiraYamatoFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by servidor View Post
I was thinking that in both the original Macross and in Macross Plus, the Hero come ridding his variable fighter to save his love interest. After what KY said above, could we have a similar end with Grace as the final boss? With Alto rescuing Sheryl.
Since Grace's "consciousness" is linked with a supercomputer somewhere in Frontier, I guess we can have Alto diving for a strike the computer's core in a memorable scene and also have Sheryl deactivate Grace's last AI chip after one last conversation.

I still remember that scene from Macross Plus (OVA and movie version) and it was memorable with the Valkyrie's dive, the slow motion effect when the hero flies by his love interest before it ends with the song and the now famous tagline Dedicated to the pioneers.

I would love to have a finish similar to that once again.
KiraYamatoFan is offline  
Old 2008-08-25, 02:12   Link #1356
Teletha
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Texas
I don't even understand your question BleachOD.

You are also like 10 episodes behind.

But, this...


Quote:


Last she knows that She is Ranka’s Idol. She knows that Ranka is in love with him.
You totally do not even understand what that scene was about. It's about Sheryl singing for Alto and others even though she knows they are in battle. Ranka is amazed at what she's able to do (and thinking about it now, what Ranka couldn't do in episode 20)
Teletha is offline  
Old 2008-08-25, 02:16   Link #1357
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
It might be the sub you're watching from, because the one I saw went somewhere along the lines of "Alto never seemed like he wanted to talk about it so she never brought the subject up".

Once the cat is out of the bag, Sheryl has no problems teasing Alto about it.
Yeah, itīs a subbing thing. Iīve watched about five different versions of this ( getting spanish subs for a friend of mine in South America ), and most of the times it comes out like Cerrian said.

Also, looking at your analysis above your addendum, itīs funny to see how often you are wrong. Letīs see:

- Sheryl didnīt know that Alto is on the phone with Ranka, while she did her documentary. Did you look at the physical distance between them, while he was on the phone? She was annoyed, because she was hanging from a set of wires, and he doodling around with his phone.

- The part where you think she tries to show Ranka that "Heīs with me", has been translated in almost every sub Iīve seen as more of a "Alto, say something, too!", implying heavily that Sheryl thought that Alto was rude for ignoring Ranka ( which he did until Sheryls reprimand, standing almost beside Ranka ).

- The scene where you think that Sheryl brought up Altos past, was brought up by Ranka, which can be easily discerned when looking again at the scene. So it wasnīt as if Sheryl was trying to play a game of one-upmanship with Ranka.

- Now for the scene where you accuse Sheryl of being duplicitous about her teasing Alto... like Cerrian said, when the cat is out of the bag, Sheryl has no problem joining in the teasing of Alto. Quite understandable with the way the two were interacting back then.... nowadays their relationship has taken a much more serious turn.

Last edited by magnuskn; 2008-08-25 at 02:29.
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-08-25, 02:41   Link #1358
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I'll take Man-Sherly, Spiteful-Sheryl, B****y-Sheryl, Stuck up-Sheryl, Near death- Sheryl, "who the hell do you think I am!?"-Sheryl over RANKA anyday. Btw I loved that scene where Sheryl kissed Alto and Ranka saw it, I hope that happens again and again because atm Ranka didn't do anything to save her friends. Look at Nanase, whom is now known as Pirate-eyed Nanase and Micheal is floating in space racing Lockon's corpse....

and what was Ranka concerned about? "Oh em gee... Alto is holding my hand... even though I know it's to lead me out of danger I'm gonna take it as a sign of his love and... oh wait... onii-chan!?"

Anyways this is not a Ranka thread, nor a Ranka-related thread. Anymore Sheryl blogs? Btw I forgot what question I asked this in but....

In I-Z' translations.. I think maybe ep 7 or 8? They said Alto was 17 years old (this was before his birthday) and then he had his bday, so wouldn't he now be 18 years old and Ranka 16 + Sheryl 17? Or were they wrong?
Marina Ismail is offline  
Old 2008-08-25, 02:52   Link #1359
Haninozuka
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
She says that before she teases Alto. So my question is Sheryl a person who's not a bad egg, just sometimes she does spiteful things, because she let her insecurities get the better of her? Or is she insecure and and a liar? Or is she just a liar?
Just because she teased him a little about his past performance of Sakura-hime doesn't mean that she's spiteful or insecure (and how do you even equate her to being a liar just for saying that?!). She probably did that to get a bit of a reaction from him, cause you know how aloof and dense Alto is at times. Some girls like to gently tease the guys they're interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Something else I just have to know. How come Sheryl can worry about Alto, act like "a baby" in the previous episode, display jealousy and feelings of inferiority when it comes to Ranka...Yet Ranka is the "Orihime" of Macross?]?
Why are you still nitpicking and unable to move past Sheryl's behaviour in Episode 10? Maybe she was still the over-confident, slightly arrogant "Sheryl Nome" diva then, but in the past 10 episodes, she has developed, matured and improved so much.

She has risen stronger even after being told her career was over and she was dying. From the way she tended to the injured Nanase and when she sang to comfort the people in the shelter during their time of despair shows her inner strength and how much she's changed since episode 1 (I admit I greatly disliked her at first, but subsequent episodes made me re-evaluate her and she's now my favorite female character).

And the words she said to Ranka to encourage her to sing, telling Ranka that she has a special power in her voice that Sheryl could never have. This shows that Sheryl does not harbor feelings of so-called "jealousy" and "inferiority" towards Ranka. In fact, she has always acknowledge Ranka's singing talent and has never put down or criticized her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
It seems to me that most are under the impression...Being in the same room counts as couple material and not looking at character's behavior.
Hehe, yeah tell that to the Alto and Ranka shippers who think that just because Alto went to Ranka's room in episode 17, it seems to constitute couple material for the pair. But Alto's behaviour at the prospect of being alone with Ranka was so blase and platonic...it's as though he's just visiting his kid sister's room.

Compare that to Alto's behaviour with Sheryl in episode 16 when he brings her to the SMS headquarters after she faints. When Alto examines her earring, they then both realize their faces are in such close proximity. They both blush and the sexual tension in the air between them noticeable thickens.

Last edited by Haninozuka; 2008-08-25 at 03:19.
Haninozuka is offline  
Old 2008-08-25, 03:21   Link #1360
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
NOTE: I don't care if you agree or not. If you take this post seriously, I will do the shipping thing. It seems to me that most are under the impression...Being in the same room counts as couple material and not looking at character's behavior.


Like I said before, I don't care if you disagree. I ask one thing...Please do not say "You don't know Kawamori" "You should learn not to judge Kawamori because you are noob" SPEAK FOR YOURSELF! I don't have to know him to figure out the direction he is going in. The characters behavior is clear enough to determine the outcome. Please don't assume I don't understand...I DO! Just tell me why you disagree.
What's the point of writing such a long post if you don't want people to take it seriously? Too much free time?

And I would think that knowing Kawamori would help figure out the direction he's going in. It seems to me that certain directors tend to follow certain trends in their series. Taniguchi (Code Geass) being one, Kawamori being another. So in a case of where 2 people claim to know the direction of an anime but only 1 of the 2 people know the directors habits and trends, I'd trust the one with knowledge of the director. That has a higher chance of being accurate.
__________________
God is on the side with the biggest cannon.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.