AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-21, 16:42   Link #1801
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Ranka ditched her man, and now she is also in a weird state of coma

Sheryl never gave up on Alto, Ranka did.

- Tak
Like people say, Men always desire what they can't have. Still, AxR will be such a WTF ending.
Still we don't see any cure for Sheryl's illness, so SherylxAlto a certain thing for a while and then Alto ends alone after sheryl dies. Then because Ranka left with her swarm for unknown places. I can see a TTGL ending here. Sheryl=Nia Alto=simon Ranka=Yoko
Old 2008-09-21, 17:15   Link #1802
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Not all men desire what they can't have.

Some are perfectly happy with what they do have.
Old 2008-09-21, 17:53   Link #1803
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Like people say, Men always desire what they can't have. Still, AxR will be such a WTF ending.
Still we don't see any cure for Sheryl's illness, so SherylxAlto a certain thing for a while and then Alto ends alone after sheryl dies. Then because Ranka left with her swarm for unknown places. I can see a TTGL ending here. Sheryl=Nia Alto=simon Ranka=Yoko
If Alto ends up with Ranka, I can see him sharing a cell with R.Kelly whom is also a lolicon.
Old 2008-09-21, 18:47   Link #1804
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Not all men desire what they can't have.
Some are perfectly happy with what they do have.
Exactly. And I count myself among them.

Old 2008-09-21, 18:47   Link #1805
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Careful young one. You might have to face not only Westlo, but Tak and myself as well. One you might be a match for, but not the power of all three of us.

LOL, I spend some lengthy time away from this Macross Forum and this is what I come back to? Hahahaha.

Someone mention Sheryl-relevant soon, or I will unleash my own wrath. And if that doesn't work....then I will take another long hiatus from this forum now turned "epitome of despair".

@ Tak:
ich komme gerade von hell (need some buns to overwrite the vicodin LOL)
(I keep forgetting what the german word for hell is)

...Entschuldigen Sie mein schlechtes Deutsch....it's quite rusty.

On a different note....I've been hit with some tad bit of inspiration again so either expect some of my "Sheryl" fanart tonight or tomorrow. Until then...

...tschüss

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw
Old 2008-09-21, 18:52   Link #1806
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal Send a message via Skype™ to abynormal
Quote:
Still we don't see any cure for Sheryl's illness, so SherylxAlto a certain thing for a while and then Alto ends alone after sheryl dies.
I hope Sheryl's ending is ambiguous. She's going to die, that much is certain, but we don't know when. We're not told how long Ranshe was infected, but she at least lived long enough to become a dedicated and renowned doctor as well as have a couple of kids. Pulling all that off would put her at least in her mid-thirties, and even then she was killed by the Vajra before the disease got her.

tl;dr: I'd rather it end with Sheryl uncertain of how long she has left and seizing every day as if it's her last.
Old 2008-09-21, 18:57   Link #1807
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Do not unleash the trolling triangle please. It took us many rituals to banish their collective power into a state of a slow simmer. I don't know if we have the magical might to bring the energy forth to stem another full force trolling from the troll triangle.
that post made my day, thank you for the good laugh

Quote:
Ranka ditched her man, and now she is also in a weird state of coma

Sheryl never gave up on Alto, Ranka did.

- Tak
Please say that in RC.. they will bash you to death with their delusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Well, Justin. 5 years of trolling more than 8 rabid fanboys in one thread that hates yaoi images was much more easier than anything. 3 of you are not enough for me to be concerned But I will concede... For now.

Not now, not now... Maybe sometimes in the looong future... When my plotbunny wants to hatch an evil plan
you guys must combine force to troll wesley84 :P
Old 2008-09-21, 19:00   Link #1808
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
4 more days.. then let see if they still can bash us !
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Last edited by monir; 2008-09-21 at 19:19. Reason: Let's not talk about the ignore feature. That's harsh!
Old 2008-09-21, 20:18   Link #1809
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Exactly. And I count myself among them.
then that mean you guys have not ambition at all? there are so many things i want but i know i can't have, but that ambition help me get the things i have. basically most people settle for things within their reach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
you know,it is funny how they talk about the guys here being delusional too! Like obiwan said to luke, "it is all a matter of point of view". Only a few more days for the moment of truth!
Old 2008-09-21, 20:30   Link #1810
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Still we don't see any cure for Sheryl's illness.
I see possibilities

SMS may have recovered something Grace didn't know or care about. If Ranshe knew about the link to the Vajra she may not have told Grace everything.

Grace may have a cure she hasn't seen reason to use on Sheryl or announce to the world. And she hasn't ever had a reason to cure Sheryl so far. Trading it for a chance to escape when everything goes pear shaped would fit her character [as would witholding it until then.]

Symbiosis with the Bird Human might do almost anything. Macross 0 is still a chekov's gun. The Bird Human was attracted to women who sing to magic rocks.

Both Personality Uploads [Grace] and Cloning [Zentradi] exist.
Old 2008-09-21, 20:39   Link #1811
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
I see possibilities

SMS may have recovered something Grace didn't know or care about. If Ranshe knew about the link to the Vajra she may not have told Grace everything.

Grace may have a cure she hasn't seen reason to use on Sheryl or announce to the world. And she hasn't ever had a reason to cure Sheryl so far. Trading it for a chance to escape when everything goes pear shaped would fit her character [as would witholding it until then.]

Symbiosis with the Bird Human might do almost anything. Macross 0 is still a chekov's gun. The Bird Human was attracted to women who sing to magic rocks.

Both Personality Uploads [Grace] and Cloning [Zentradi] exist.
Also, the V-Type infection might kill any human host upon incubation
Spoiler for Macross Zero:
Old 2008-09-21, 21:12   Link #1812
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Quote:
then that mean you guys have not ambition at all? there are so many things i want but i know i can't have, but that ambition help me get the things i have. basically most people settle for things within their reach.
That's not what you said. Ambition is not equal to desiring what you can't have. Like that, you can still have your ambitions and be perfectly happy with what you do have.

@monir: as for the quip about the trolling, on the message you deleted, that was just a joke. Hope you didn't think I was actively enticing people to trolling - as I don't like the idea. Jokes and fun, are okay in my book. Rudeness, not so much.

Old 2008-09-21, 21:49   Link #1813
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
That's not what you said. Ambition is not equal to desiring what you can't have. Like that, you can still have your ambitions and be perfectly happy with what you do have.
you are just agreeing with me and at the same time disagreeing. which is kind of hard to argue.
lets make it simple, there are some ambitions that you never get to accomplish, thus it was something you wanted but never could have. Like the girl you thought you were going to marry, but she turned you down or broke up with you. Like the promotion you wanted at your job but you kept being passed over and never got.
And yes you can still be happy even when some things you want are out of your reach.
Old 2008-09-21, 22:34   Link #1814
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
I have everything I desire. Life has truly been kind to me, and blessed me with all the things I've wanted, as well as introduced me to many great people, as well as a great girlfriend. I am perfectly content.
Old 2008-09-21, 23:44   Link #1815
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Also, the V-Type infection might kill any human host upon incubation
Spoiler for Macross Zero:
Actually, i believe in that too, they won't be throwing us the evidence of Nome lineage for nothing. Guess that Sheryl, being a true Nome, should have a significant part to play. And now, with she, thinking that Alto has "ka-boomed", she might juz unleashed some "special unknown singing power" Lolx
Old 2008-09-22, 01:05   Link #1816
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Quote:
you are just agreeing with me and at the same time disagreeing. which is kind of hard to argue.
Hmmm... no. I'm actively disagreeing with you. Ambition is not desiring what you can't have. Simple definition, here, but I quote:

Ambition - Noun
1. ambition - a cherished desire; "his ambition is to own his own business"
2. ambition - a strong drive for success

Ambition - Verb
1. ambition - have as one's ambition
desire, want - feel or have a desire for; want strongly; "I want to go home now"; "I want my own room"

So, you see, I can be ambitious (and I am) while still being perfectly happy and content with my life (which I also am).

Quote:
lets make it simple, there are some ambitions that you never get to accomplish, thus it was something you wanted but never could have. Like the girl you thought you were going to marry, but she turned you down or broke up with you. Like the promotion you wanted at your job but you kept being passed over and never got.
And yes you can still be happy even when some things you want are out of your reach.
And you can still want things (not necessarily out of your reach) and not be happy. There are no absolutes, and we were just disputing your "men always want what they can't have" - which is, simply, not true.

So, simple, really.

Back on topic: Ja-Y-Ce, with all the Macross Zero hints abound, I wouldn't doubt if that were to happen. I wouldn't doubt at all.

Old 2008-09-22, 01:17   Link #1817
Tak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
(I keep forgetting what the german word for hell is)
Hölle, my good Wolfie. Speaking of which, I might need your advice on bikes...

- Tak
Old 2008-09-22, 01:28   Link #1818
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Hölle, my good Wolfie. Speaking of which, I might need your advice on bikes...

- Tak

Thanks Tak!

And ask away! Umm...maybe PM lol

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw
Old 2008-09-22, 14:25   Link #1819
stray
aniki

Send a message via AIM to stray
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
On a different note....I've been hit with some tad bit of inspiration again so either expect some of my "Sheryl" fanart tonight or tomorrow. Until then...

...tschüss

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼

Switching gears though, now that we know Sheryl is a legitimate Nome, how long before those Alpha Bombay powers start coming through? Even without a bird human handy, Mao was still able to lay a floating carrier down softly...
Old 2008-09-22, 14:49   Link #1820
magnuskn

To take this thread in a bit more silly direction... which music would you like to hear played at Sheryls and Altos wedding? I am very partial to this one.

Tags
characters