AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-15, 16:55   Link #1941
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
I kind of agree but you surely know it's the same fangirl who are all : Lelouch ? KAWAII ! Lockon! SUGOIIIIIIII Hontou ni !!! A girl is a girl what do you except ?!
The men are the same, maybe a bit more passionnate : " Sheryl ? mmmh ~ " or " ...
The other possibility is that we are a bit lazy sometimes....
... I was talking about most of Ranka fans I have met in Japan. I tried to engage into discussion with some of them via e-mail (Good thing some of them can speak English since my Language Pack is quite broken). The result? To summarize into 3 words: Pure, Moe and Kawaii.

Try to ask them and they will really give you the same answer. I have summarized that most of the answer seems to revolve around those three aspect. Very much it's all about the these aspects for likability...

Most likely when I try to engage into discussion about Sheryl, and some of them gave a lot of different answer which undergoes quite a change every episode.

It's quite a disappointment, really, when I have to say Ranka's Character suffer from a great deal of regression. Perhaps her character has not really grown much since Episode 1 is what makes people quite, dare I say, become ambivalent as the time goes by.

Quote:
Social stigma ?! ......
You don't have to be bother by the anime magazines I think...
It is a truth. Nearly none of the older adults in Japan dare to buy those anime magazine. Getting one example of very rare cases doesn't really help at all.

It is quite a common knowledge that most adults refuse to buy these magazine since :

a.) They are quite a waste of time since the money can be used for something else,

b.) Social stigma.

Perhaps you don't know, but the culture in Japan is quite complex with some people making generalization about anime magazines is targeted for the otakus or for a target range of age. You don't really want to buy a magazine in which if you don't find too much attraction to some kind of animes and just want to focus on one anime that you want to know about the info, right? Add that the target range of age is Really for teenagers and you get the adults seeking internets to get the infos.

EDIT : About the dokun-dokun Kawaii comment that "Sheryl Fan" who is a member here said... Please, know that in this world there is something called JOKE.

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2008-10-15 at 17:06.
Old 2008-10-15, 22:37   Link #1942
Westlo
Lets be reality

dokun dokun kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ^_______________^
Old 2008-10-16, 00:43   Link #1943
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
猿の尻笑い .
so you admit your a troll? nice..save me some time there. rather than posting delusion against delusion might as well stupid opinion against stupid opinion anyway

i am delusional? same goes to you
Old 2008-10-16, 15:57   Link #1944
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
so you admit your a troll? nice..save me some time there. rather than posting delusion against delusion might as well stupid opinion against stupid opinion anyway

i am delusional? same goes to you
I don't think she has any idea what she is typing.

Shoot, you know I try my best not to diss Ranka, but when characters like this poster shows up, its difficult not to think otherwise.

- Tak

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.

Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Old 2008-10-16, 18:53   Link #1945
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
dokun dokun kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ^_______________^
What he said. Love the song, by the way.

Old 2008-10-16, 19:52   Link #1946
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I don't think she has any idea what she is typing.

Shoot, you know I try my best not to diss Ranka, but when characters like this poster shows up, its difficult not to think otherwise.

- Tak
She is nothing compared to DIVA's crazed half sleepy, half drunk mumbling... i guess now that is something else

LOL LMAO, LOLOLOLOLOL

my eyes bleed, my brain melt when i read her posts
Old 2008-10-17, 01:08   Link #1947
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
She is nothing compared to DIVA's crazed half sleepy, half drunk mumbling... i guess now that is something else

LOL LMAO, LOLOLOLOLOL

my eyes bleed, my brain melt when i read her posts
She still does post? Good that I dont need to read those anymore, terribly frustrating trying to rationally debate her.
Old 2008-10-17, 07:30   Link #1948
Vie
Rabid

I'm guessing everyone is a Sheryl Nome fan here, and most probably a May'N fan too.

Just throwing this in here, but May'N is going to Singapore this November and the organisers are compiling a list of questions for an e-mail interview, and I thought you guys would like to add in some questions of your own.
http://www.darkmirage.com/2008/10/17...view/#comments

I'm not affiliated with DarkMirage or anything, just spreading May'N love around. ^.^
If the post is objectionable for 'advertising', feel free to delete/edit it.

EDIT: Ack, the post was taken down to confirm details. Sorry to interrupt!

Last edited by Vie; 2008-10-17 at 08:03.
Old 2008-10-17, 09:31   Link #1949
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary Send a message via Skype™ to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiGatou View Post
I'm guessing everyone is a Sheryl Nome fan here, and most probably a May'N fan too.

Just throwing this in here, but May'N is going to Singapore this November and the organisers are compiling a list of questions for an e-mail interview, and I thought you guys would like to add in some questions of your own.
http://www.darkmirage.com/2008/10/17...view/#comments

I'm not affiliated with DarkMirage or anything, just spreading May'N love around. ^.^
If the post is objectionable for 'advertising', feel free to delete/edit it.

EDIT: Ack, the post was taken down to confirm details. Sorry to interrupt!
If it's confirmed, that'd be awesome!
Old 2008-10-17, 12:18   Link #1950
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
She still does post? Good that I dont need to read those anymore, terribly frustrating trying to rationally debate her.
you need to be drunk , terribly drunk in order to rationally talk with her anyway, most sane people can't cope up with her LMAO LOLOLOLX 100, it drove people mad, but its good old times.. i kinda miss the heated flaming there now
Old 2008-10-18, 00:25   Link #1951
herbert

New Type Nov. issue is out. In female character poll, CC and Kallen take the 1st and 2nd places like last many months, Sheryl finishes at the 3rd. Some people bought the magzine said the comments looked like made before ep20. If it's true, guess it's not impossible for Sheryl overtaking Kallen next time.

Wait, MF has only 8 episodes, why did I say ep 20 or something?

Edit: by the way. I remember we were promised a final character poll, where is it now?
Old 2008-10-20, 17:18   Link #1952
Seifall

I just gave my opinion on some comments about Sheryl and her future son which will be like his Father Alto , then talked about her popularity here which pretty influence the polls and the orientations of the discussion.

Well it's always the same thing.
It was the same situation when I wrote Ranka is mature, determined beautiful, some people jumped at the opportunity just to say epic failure : " how did you manage that ".
Like I thought Ranka was beautiful ... really in the eyes of the beholder surely.
And now well it was an understatement too, I will not bother to explain it also...
A german who says to me I don't undertand what I'm typing ? :
Shoot, you know I try my best not to spill the tea now...

Sheryl has that much power here ?! nice..save me some time there.
Old 2008-10-20, 17:42   Link #1953
kujoe
from head to heel

When it comes to discussing characters, sure. Something like that is bound to get extensive. Frankly, I just found it amusing that you were bothered by hypothetical musings of a bunch of fans whose favorite characters don't jive with you. Not only that, but you go on and on about it.

Come on, give me a break. You might as well search the internets for jokes and fanfiction and tell them you hate it. So yeah, save us some time here.
Old 2008-10-20, 18:18   Link #1954
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Couldn't agree more.

Old 2008-10-21, 10:00   Link #1955
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

Hm. . I just noticed the interview.
Good thing that Sheryl's character development changed from being Ranka's sister perspective to Alto's potential lovers. It deepens the triangle and make the romance more complex. .

Hence. . This debate #_#

Quote:
Come on, give me a break. You might as well search the internets for jokes and fanfiction and tell them you hate it. So yeah, save us some time here.
:3

Old 2008-10-21, 10:21   Link #1956
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

I find it amusing really, that people developed a much deeper bond and understanding for Sheryl who was supposed to be presented in a different way. That is something that surprised even Kawamori.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-10-21, 14:30   Link #1957
herbert

It serves as a proof how big a failure he made on building up Ranka's characteristics. Fans want more Sheryl, it's another way to say they don't want Ranka (who is supposed to be liked in any sense).
Old 2008-10-21, 15:06   Link #1958
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
It serves as a proof how big a failure he made on building up Ranka's characteristics. Fans want more Sheryl, it's another way to say they don't want Ranka (who is supposed to be liked in any sense).
I think that as much as they missed to develop Ranka in the way they wanted, missed to show her innocence as planned they still did an amazing job. Plans and predictions are good and all but all of them might fail as soon as you start working on the project.

I'll even say that it's a better way of directing then setting a goal and strictly following your project. Both Sheryl and Ranka evolved with the story. This development led us to the point of episode 24. All in all that's the road Frontier took up until the end and I think it's the best possible outcome. The final is a different case though.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-10-21, 18:32   Link #1959
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal Send a message via Skype™ to abynormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
I'll even say that it's a better way of directing then setting a goal and strictly following your project.
Any reasonably intelligent person in a creative field knows that plans can and must change as the needs of the production evolve. Movie scripts go through daily revisions all throughout production as writers and directors tweak lines and scenes, and occasionally as actors give their input on how a line should go.

Great example of blindly following your original goals for the worse: the Star Wars prequels. Lucas himself said he had to modify his ideas for the originals as the movies went along based on what technology did and did not allow them to work. Once that technology barrier was gone, well, we all know what happened.
Old 2008-10-31, 03:17   Link #1960
wolfboy
:3

Modifying a script isn't the same as stalling character development because you don't know where you want to take a character.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters