AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-18, 20:52   Link #601
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Without Sheryl, I actually wouldn't mind Ranka and may be even empathize with her. But Sheryl was introduced, and will still be there even after she dies. So Ranka will have to go back in line and pay her dues.
Er, nope, no, no, un uh. I must emphasize, without Sheryl, there is no Frontier. End of story, no arguments.

- Tak

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.

Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Old 2008-08-18, 21:36   Link #602
aneeshadc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Er, nope, no, no, un uh. I must emphasize, without Sheryl, there is no Frontier. End of story, no arguments.

- Tak
I agree. Without Sheryl ,the MF universe would feel really bland. Ranka is sweet, cute & charming but not as interesting. She wont be able to keep the story going on her own. Heck, she needs Sheryl so she can react and move her own story & growth forward.
Old 2008-08-18, 21:40   Link #603
aneeshadc

BUuuut I am not opposed to watching an OVA with just alto & sheryl after they get together, it would b so much fun to see them interact after they become a couple, if they do i.e.
Old 2008-08-18, 21:55   Link #604
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
BUuuut I am not opposed to watching an OVA with just alto & sheryl after they get together, it would b so much fun to see them interact after they become a couple, if they do i.e.
There's no if there's only yes they will be a couple!!!
Old 2008-08-18, 21:59   Link #605
aneeshadc

I really hope ur right. I really see a Sheryl/ Alto end but the universe just loves proving me wrong. She'd win hands down if it was the real world.
Old 2008-08-18, 22:05   Link #606
Lostdreams

Quote:
I really hope ur right. I really see a Sheryl/ Alto end but the universe just loves proving me wrong. She'd win hands down if it was the real world.
Tak aneeshadc needs some Sheryl movtivation and hype
Old 2008-08-18, 22:45   Link #607
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
Tak aneeshadc needs some Sheryl movtivation and hype
Delivered!

Spoiler for Muwhahaha:

- Tak

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Old 2008-08-18, 22:46   Link #608
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Delivered!

Spoiler for Muwhahaha:

- Tak

LOL, somehow I was expecting you to post something of this nature and magnitude.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw
Old 2008-08-18, 22:49   Link #609
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
LOL, somehow I was expecting you to post something of this nature and magnitude.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼

This is as hardcore as it can get around 'ere

Speaking of which, remember that one pic you drew, it reminded me of this:

Spoiler for Click!:

- Tak

Old 2008-08-18, 23:00   Link #610
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:

This is as hardcore as it can get around 'ere

Speaking of which, remember that one pic you drew, it reminded me of this:

Spoiler for Click!:

- Tak
Ah nice one! Alto just likes to capture the moments...though I wonder if camcorder will be involved in the future...*cough*

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw
Old 2008-08-18, 23:06   Link #611
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Ah nice one! Alto just likes to capture the moments...though I wonder if camcorder will be involved in the future...*cough*

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Wuh?!

Alto: This is for me to use while you are away in a concert!

- Tak

Old 2008-08-18, 23:22   Link #612
Dark Wing

Okay it's not like I'm taking any sides in this whole Ranka vs. Sherly thing (Remaining Neutral) but am I the only one who finds it kind of strange to find Sherly fans spreading Sherly motivation and hype in the Ranka thread and one says anything about it...
Old 2008-08-18, 23:39   Link #613
aneeshadc

Quote:
Delivered!

Spoiler for Muwhahaha:

- Tak
Lol! sry doesnt do much for me, M Female you see. But thanx for trying. It did help in lightening up my mood though. I'm Powered up & have complete faith in Sheryl!
Old 2008-08-18, 23:44   Link #614
aneeshadc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Okay it's not like I'm taking any sides in this whole Ranka vs. Sherly thing (Remaining Neutral) but am I the only one who finds it kind of strange to find Sherly fans spreading Sherly motivation and hype in the Ranka thread and one says anything about it...
You're right! I'm going to gracefully remove myself out of since it was my lack of motivation that started all the Sheryl cheering. I'll come back when I feel like cheering Ranka on .
Old 2008-08-19, 00:32   Link #615
magnuskn

Quote:
You're right! I'm going to gracefully remove myself out of since it was my lack of motivation that started all the Sheryl cheering. I'll come back when I feel like cheering Ranka on .
So.... never?
Old 2008-08-19, 01:15   Link #616
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I was about to make a comment about that, but you beat me to the punch. I think Sheryl fans are just bored, and thought Ranka's thread needed a few more posts to help it out. -ducks-

In all seriousness, the Ranka supporters are nowhere in sight on AS. Leaves everyone else bored...
Quote:
-See Mag's response-

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
So.... never?
Classic!
Old 2008-08-19, 03:19   Link #617
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Post-Frontier

Sheryl and Alto get together. Ranka holds her love for Alto in check and as her career moves forward she grows up and ends up being a Ranshe hottie. She comes back and seduces Alto. Alto has an affair with Ranka. Sheryl must win Alto back from Ranka, joins a pilates class and starts really putting on the sex that we know Sheryl is capable of. Alto goes back to Sheryl. Michael and Klan by this time are an item. Klan has figured out a way to be micronized without looking like a little girl. Klan is the hotness. Micahel and Klan go on double dates with Sheryl and Alto. On occasion they like to swing with each other.

Now that's a soap opera with some serious meat. We just have to fast forward about 4 years or so.
Old 2008-08-19, 03:34   Link #618
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
...Now that's a soap opera with some serious meat. We just have to fast forward about 4 years or so.
Sooo.... You're planning a Doujinshi then? Let me know when you'll be at Comiket. I'll visit your table. Make sure you have three girls in Cosplay to hand them out...

(Reading too much Genshiken... )
Old 2008-08-19, 03:34   Link #619
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Post-Frontier

Sheryl and Alto get together. Ranka holds her love for Alto in check and as her career moves forward she grows up and ends up being a Ranshe hottie. She comes back and seduces Alto. Alto has an affair with Ranka. Sheryl must win Alto back from Ranka, joins a pilates class and starts really putting on the sex that we know Sheryl is capable of. Alto goes back to Sheryl. Michael and Klan by this time are an item. Klan has figured out a way to be micronized without looking like a little girl. Klan is the hotness. Micahel and Klan go on double dates with Sheryl and Alto. On occasion they like to swing with each other.

Now that's a soap opera with some serious meat. We just have to fast forward about 4 years or so.
It would make good material for an hentai anime, to be sure. ^^
Old 2008-08-19, 04:12   Link #620
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Even though I'm passionate about my pairings, and Ranka's obviously the main contender for Alto's heart, that still doesn't keep me before from thinking she's a sweet, sweet girl with a big heart underneath, even though Episode 19 was easily the lowest point for her. Her steps she took before were small, but when she moved, she had never looked back. This is a sore point for most Skull Fairy fans, but Ranka has shown that you don't need to feel confident to be confident, seeing how she refused to back down from the sing-off in Episode 15, when she would've been intimidated in the earlier episodes. Even though she took Alto's attention for a good half of the series, part of me is still proud that she's progressed even if she's intruding in my pairing damnit. But she hasn't moved ever since.

There needs to be a crisis before catharsis, as swampster puts it, and Alto is Ranka's crisis. I suspected it when she and Alto begins to be comfortable with each other in the middle half, and the climbing wall scene more than emphasizes it. She's leaning so much on him for support, which is not what she should be doing as she's currently at the stage where she needs to make choices by herself, slowly, no matter how right or wrong she is, as all those experiences are fundamental for her character growth. But she has retreated back into the safety of her love for Alto, as long as Alto thinks it's good, then it's fine for Ranka. "It's so complex and I don't know what to do, but if Alto thinks it's alright, then I'm good to go." "What should I do? I know, I'll turn to Alto because it's easiest for me. It doesn't matter if I'm wrong, because I can fall back on Alto." She made progress, but then she suddenly halted.

Looking at the character I saw back then, it really broke my heart because she's right there just waiting to burst into a new level of character growth and maturity, but her dependency on Alto is holding her back, and worse, begins to push her backwards as she retreats more and more into her comfort zone. I hated what she did in Episode 19 then, I wondered how could it be possible for her to stall so much like she did. She waves away her problems and places all of her expectations on a man who is not only incompatible with her, but evidently unable to give her what she wanted or needed... I know that she's in her transition period right now, but if only she could see it.

That said though, Ranka is awesome. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but I thought she was awesome in Episode 1, and despite her aggravating crisis right now, you know it's gonna help her wonders in soaring high. She may not be the darling of the fandom like Sheryl is but there are many other definitions of awesome, and Ranka has shown glimpses of a quiet strength about her that has the potential to help her hold on her own without being overshadowed by Sheryl. I'm anxiously waiting for the time when Ranka will shrug off the chains that are bounding her from blossoming beautifully, even if it's a different kind of beautiful from Sheryl.

Edit: Okay that came out longer than I expected.

Last edited by cheesie; 2008-08-19 at 04:29.
Closed Thread