AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-09, 12:46   Link #1601
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
So you are basically still arguing that Berera is a psychic. Ok.

But why avoid the question? Hmm? You want to believe that my opinion is wrong, then please provide the proper evidence to support your own thesis. By simply stating that you have no reason to believe my opinions without providing equal support of your own beliefs is hardly convincing.

If Ranka is not to go with Berera, then who was she supposed to go with? Throughout that whole scene, Ranka did not even pop the question to Alto. She knew she was not to go with him anyway.

And even if she was to go with Alto, put yourself in the production teams' shoes and imagine just how absurd it would be to make that work.

- Tak
First of all, you are the one who is still sticking that you have the onlyand correct thesis and even going further stating it as a fact. So you are the one who is needs to proof it, not me. I already went that far to accept both theories because there are no scenes where you or I can say that a thesis is the right.
Old 2009-03-09, 13:22   Link #1602
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Fact is that Brera was prepared for a fold journey.
We don't know it was Brera. It could be the Vajra queen in a Hallowe'en costume.
Old 2009-03-09, 14:09   Link #1603
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
We don't know it was Brera. It could be the Vajra queen in a Hallowe'en costume.
lol that was a nice way to cut some tension
Old 2009-03-09, 17:04   Link #1604
magnuskn

Quote:
First of all, you are the one who is still sticking that you have the onlyand correct thesis and even going further stating it as a fact. So you are the one who is needs to proof it, not me. I already went that far to accept both theories because there are no scenes where you or I can say that a thesis is the right.
Bullshit. No logical evidence supports Ranka not having planned her departure. Anyone still claiming she did this spontaneously, and had not told Brera of her plans before, is either disingenous or delusional. Or completely and absolutely thinks Ranka is too dumb to live.
Old 2009-03-09, 17:10   Link #1605
Father Hentai

your too dumb to live quote fits much better to Alto...
Old 2009-03-09, 17:15   Link #1606
magnuskn

Quote:
your too dumb to live quote fits much better to Alto...
Care to back that up, or are we down to random insults now?
Old 2009-03-09, 17:35   Link #1607
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Care to back that up, or are we down to random insults now?
Nope no need to back that up, because I am getting tired to talk around something which either you can proof correctly nor I can do because there are no open scenes to that. But as you are starting to provoke around by trying to tell in my face that I am either delusional or playing false games it's just kind of a payback.

Back on the earlier mentioning. No screen no happen. If your still sticking to one optional scenario, prove it.
Old 2009-03-09, 18:02   Link #1608
Tak
Banned

Quote:
No screen no happen. If your still sticking to one optional scenario, prove it.
Thats like saying:

I have never seen your parents, therefore they don't exist.

Regardless, if you believe that Ranka's decision was spontaneous and Berera is just prepared for some odd reason without involving Ranka, then please tell me how is Ranka going to... well, leave Frontier? Instead of just bashing our opinions, please do so while providing a valid argument for your case.

As I said, either Berera is a psychic and Ranka is too stupid for her own good, or they both planned it. Plead stupidity or mistake, take your pick.

- Tak
Old 2009-03-09, 18:07   Link #1609
magnuskn

Quote:
Nope no need to back that up, because I am getting tired to talk around something which either you can proof correctly nor I can do because there are no open scenes to that. But as you are starting to provoke around by trying to tell in my face that I am either delusional or playing false games it's just kind of a payback.

Back on the earlier mentioning. No screen no happen. If your still sticking to one optional scenario, prove it.
Sorry, I didnŽt know that logic doesnŽt apply. We already have gone over this multiple times in the last pages, but I guess you need a pictogram or somesuch.

a.) Ranka wants to go to the Vajra planet

b.) Ranka needs a transport, unless you think she can fly through fold space

c.) Ranka is, quite assuredly, confident she will get said transport, because she leaves letters for Ozma and Nanase, telling them about her reason as to why she is leaving.

d.) Ranka cannot be sure she will get Alto to do the transportation for her, unless she is stupid as hell. Because the very type of Vajra Ai-kun has turned into has just killed Altos best friend and a swarm of them have wrecked his home into pieces, killing thousands.

e.) Brera had a fold booster installed, hence her, without a doubt, having talked to him before her meeting with Alto. Or do you think he had the experimental fold booster just strapped on for kicks?

By this chain of proven facts only the logical conclusion remains that Ranka had this pre-planned with Brera and was just making a selfish plea for Alto to come with her and abandon Frontier and the rest of his friends.

Unless you can come up with a plausible alternative scenario, how these cited facts lead to any other conclusion, IŽd say put up or shut up.
Old 2009-03-09, 19:33   Link #1610
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
lol that was a nice way to cut some tension
I tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Regardless, if you believe that Ranka's decision was spontaneous and Berera is just prepared for some odd reason without involving Ranka, then please tell me how is Ranka going to... well, leave Frontier?
That worried me too but there are hints Ranka had a different backup.

Spoiler for end of ep.21:
Old 2009-03-09, 19:58   Link #1611
mechabao

I smell a closet Ranka fanboy trolling this thread.
Old 2009-03-09, 21:52   Link #1612
justavisitor

hmm..Ranka fanboy trolling on Ranka thread?? That's like saying Manchester United Fans trolling on their own Forum...it's not completely impossible, but it is quite interesting to hear that

Well, I don't see any trolling in this thread (yet), and at the same time, be lenient on Ranka fans's doing on Ranka thread lol
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-03-09, 22:00   Link #1613
Tak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
hmm..Ranka fanboy trolling on Ranka thread?? That's like saying Manchester United Fans trolling on their own Forum...it's not completely impossible, but it is quite interesting to hear that
I think mechabao was referring to Father Hentai, who claimed to be neutral.

- Tak (I may not be correct, but I am always right)
Old 2009-03-09, 23:04   Link #1614
justavisitor

I think Father Hentai is neutral...and like I said in my previous post, so far I haven't seen trolling yet in my opinion...

Well the more Ranka fans the better anyway XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-03-09, 23:25   Link #1615
raile
<3
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechabao View Post
I smell a closet Ranka fanboy trolling this thread.
I smelt it a long time ago! XD
Old 2009-03-10, 00:27   Link #1616
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
That worried me too but there are hints Ranka had a different backup.

Spoiler for end of ep.21:
This made me laugh.
Old 2009-03-10, 04:30   Link #1617
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I think Father Hentai is neutral...and like I said in my previous post, so far I haven't seen trolling yet in my opinion...

Well the more Ranka fans the better anyway XD
Since even the other Ranka fans, like you, have given up on opposing the fact that Ranka and Brera did plan on leaving Frontier together, and Father Hentai still espouses that nonsense of his, while quite apparently being unable to come up with a plausible counterscenario, and he is down to randomly insulting other peoples favorite characters, IŽd say he is trolling by this point.
Old 2009-03-10, 04:35   Link #1618
raile
<3
*Author

^ Tell me about it. Alto wasn't the most outstanding soldier in terms of his abilities but his loyalty to his fleet and his promise to Sheryl were really something. I don't see how he's too dumb to live there.

Last edited by raile; 2009-03-10 at 07:26.
Old 2009-03-10, 08:27   Link #1619
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Since even the other Ranka fans, like you, have given up on opposing the fact that Ranka and Brera did plan on leaving Frontier together, and Father Hentai still espouses that nonsense of his, while quite apparently being unable to come up with a plausible counterscenario, and he is down to randomly insulting other peoples favorite characters, IŽd say he is trolling by this point.
I believe I never give my opinion on this matter ...and actually what are you guys trying to argue with anyway?? Besides Tak's suggestion that Ranka would look dumb without advanced planning, what other consequences have I missed whether it was an advanced planning or not ?
Old 2009-03-10, 10:38   Link #1620
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Is calling your favorite character dumb not incentive enough? I mean, really... why would Ranka leave all those letters if she wasn't pretty sure she was going to leave? And don't try to rationalize that she was actually planning on leaving with Alto alone. That would have be an even worse slight on her character...

Closed Thread