AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-09-06, 14:49   Link #181
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
It's sad to hear that this is getting cancelled . Normally, i'd say "WTF is going on?" but when it comes to SJ, I'm not a bit surprised esp. after Mx0 and HL. Well, it was a solid story and was finally starting to take off. Plus it had Sui, which automatically makes it good. It was good while it lasted, and hopefully, the manga will continue in another mag or vol or something.

Well, not that anyone cares, but I filled in the four page special that was in Akamaru Jump. Translation was done by squirrellord from mangahelpers. If this is already done, then I guess I just wasted 25 mins of my life .

Spoiler for 4 pg special:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 15:41   Link #182
Ultenth

It was already done, heh. And yeah, really I'll only miss Sui, she was really the only thing that kept me reading, kinda like Ria is the only thing keeping me watching World Destruction.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 17:22   Link #183
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well that's kind of disappointing news. Was curious how things would develop in terms of hte overall plot. Well guess the plague continues and the world ends....Just a sad way for things to go since I was interested in it.

Maybe I should have stuck with anime since my shows don't usually get cancelled while I'm in the middle of watching them . Just have not had this happen. Very strange feeling overall.

The four page special was a nice read. Poor Kiri just kept walking into it. Say that you won't fall for it again and yet there you are getting dumped once more . Fun to read and yet reminds you of what is now lost.
Old 2008-09-06, 17:37   Link #184
OMchan
オムちゃん

Nooo... a manga I'm interested in is canned again. This makes the third one in the last four months. D:

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 09:38   Link #185
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

sigh another a good pontial manga canned what will they think of next
Old 2008-09-07, 11:20   Link #186
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Meh not too fussed with this ending, I was only reading it to pass time. I'm not surprised it wasn't getting good reading figures though, the story is pretty plain and quite a few of the characters were annoying especially that girl who tags along for no reason. Then again there was no reason for a lot of what went on.
Old 2008-09-07, 14:45   Link #187
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What else is there to say?
Old 2008-09-07, 15:56   Link #188
fatalblue
Dancin' and Dreamin'

Man, am I hating SJ right now. I'm very sad to see this series go, The story had much potential and the characters were a breath of fresh air imo, especially Kiri*sigh* but considering the circumstances it ended alright :/

It's probably a pipe dream to think it will continue in another magazine someday....

Last edited by fatalblue; 2008-09-07 at 16:07. Reason: re-read
fatalblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 16:20   Link #189
ellifeedn
Thinker

Such a shame for a series to end. May the memory of Kiri, Elle, Sui, and Fallan live on in our minds, hearts, and fanfics.

Off-topic edit: I feel that by the time October comes this thread will be dead and will stay that way for at least a year.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 17:20   Link #190
Cyz
"Show it to me"

What that was it? I thought it could go on and on but it just ended like that
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 20:41   Link #191
Kenn
Stomp

Wait this was in SJ? <_< They're cutting some good series...Ragh! No real conclusion to the journey of Kiri and Elle! <_< Not much of Sui either...gargh. /desk /desk /desk

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 20:16   Link #192
Cinocard

Sj recently has really getting on my nerve. This is the 3rd one recently already. And to think this has so much potential..
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 17:56   Link #193
Valerian Mengsk

So its gone, eh?

I guess it wasn't turning enough of a profit for SJ (or whoever owned it).
Valerian Mengsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 09:36   Link #194
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well that's kind of disappointing news. Was curious how things would develop in terms of hte overall plot. Well guess the plague continues and the world ends....Just a sad way for things to go since I was interested in it.

Maybe I should have stuck with anime since my shows don't usually get cancelled while I'm in the middle of watching them . Just have not had this happen. Very strange feeling overall.

The four page special was a nice read. Poor Kiri just kept walking into it. Say that you won't fall for it again and yet there you are getting dumped once more . Fun to read and yet reminds you of what is now lost.
I feel the same way.... i started reading mangas cause i kind of run out of good animes but now i regret it.... most of the mangas i picked up and liked either are unfinished or with a really bad ending >.<

I now see why it is hard for Kiri to go lovey-lovey with Elle after getting proposed and dump 4 times in 4 consecutive days xD
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 21:48   Link #195
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
I feel the same way.... i started reading mangas cause i kind of run out of good animes but now i regret it.... most of the mangas i picked up and liked either are unfinished or with a really bad ending >.<

I now see why it is hard for Kiri to go lovey-lovey with Elle after getting proposed and dump 4 times in 4 consecutive days xD
That's pretty much how things went for me. Didn't have any episodes to watch and saw some first chapters. Had no idea the rate things would end up getting dropped mid-story.

I really do feel for the guy. Somehow he just kept on falling for it and no doubt is very on guard in terms of relationships. Besides if you have to hold someone's hand all the time if things go bad in a relationship there is no backing out. Might be easier to keep things at a distance than risk having a bad relationship with someone you can't get away from.
Old 2009-03-15, 08:27   Link #196
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam

Dang, the mangaka came out with a new story called Personant, but it's just a one-shot . It's really too bad, cuz I thought the premise was pretty good. Well, Double Arts started as a one-shot too, so maybe this would get its chance, though I doubt it . If you haven't checked it out already, and liked DA, I think you should enjoy this too. Damore is like Kiri w/a tinge of Sui mixed in, and that reporter, Oly reminded me of Elle, so it was kinda nostalgic I suppose.

Last edited by frubam; 2009-03-15 at 09:05. Reason: reporter's name
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 20:04   Link #197
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Double Arts

I was just wondering if anyone knew the status of this manga...Theres 23 chapters out and it says complete...BUT IT ENDED WHEN SHIT WAS JUST STARTING TO HAPPEN!!!!

Anyways...fairly good. Would make a good show. Although I wish there was more...ending killed me.

Short Synopsis:

A boy and a girl are forced to join hands for all eternity!? In a land ravaged by an epidemic known as "Troy", the only people with healing arts capable of stopping the seizures caused by the disease are the Sisters. Although they have a high resistance to the disease, they are searching for a person who is truly immune, if they exist, so that they can find a cure. The main character is Sister Elraine, one of the Sisters who becomes infected with Troy. But, when she touches Kiri, a seemingly ordinary boy, her seizures stop. Could he be the one!?
Old 2009-04-04, 20:09   Link #198
Xacual
The color of a Hero

There is already a topic about this, but it is disappointing that it ended. The manga wasn't doing well enough I guess.http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ht=Double+Arts
Old 2009-04-04, 20:10   Link #199
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=64842

It got axed because it scored poorly in their weekly polls.
Old 2009-04-04, 21:53   Link #200
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I dont see why it wasent populer, just like Mx0 it had good potential and a good story plot. Also the character design was great as well.