AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-08-31, 03:48   Link #161
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

um scanlated????? or rather translated????
Old 2008-08-31, 10:29   Link #162
Ultenth

Yes, 22 is scanlated, and up on most major sites.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 11:32   Link #163
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Chapter 22:
Old 2008-08-31, 21:09   Link #164
Valerian Mengsk

I agree completely with you FlareKnight about the cloud of arrows scene.
Spoiler for Chapter 22:
Valerian Mengsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 23:24   Link #165
ZODDGUTS

Looks like this series got the axe this week but consider it a rumor for now.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 23:46   Link #166
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

what do you mean axed?????

you mean dropping this????

PLS DONT LET IT BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAM I HATE THOSE FAGGOTS who thinks this is a waste of money manga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-09-01, 23:53   Link #167
Kenn
Stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
what do you mean axed?????

you mean dropping this????

PLS DONT LET IT BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAM I HATE THOSE FAGGOTS who thinks this is a waste of money manga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Er..mind your language please.

I'm pretty sure "axed" refers to the manga being cut out from the serialization. It's still a rumor so don't go bananas over it just yet.

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 00:18   Link #168
ramlaen

apologies if its been asked so far, but what were the 4 'races'

nagin (warriors)
beiger (craftsman)
nanun (?)
?
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 00:31   Link #169
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

owww

sorry bout that

*swipe sweat*

really it is sooooooo bad it it was removed and were just getting to the good part ehhehe
Old 2008-09-02, 10:18   Link #170
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
seems it s getting moved to another magazine.
i cant say i m pleased as i dont like dbl art and i would have rather see it get the axe than being continued on a different magazine.
now let s see if psyren will get as lucky as this one or will it get the axe.
Old 2008-09-03, 17:25   Link #171
ZODDGUTS

DA won't be continued on SQ like some rumors said but the manga-ka will have a one-shot on SQ called: Komi Naoshi in november.

Edit: That's not the name of the title but the manga-ka's name sorry about that.

Last edited by ZODDGUTS; 2008-09-03 at 18:00.
Old 2008-09-03, 17:40   Link #172
Ultenth

Hopefully it's a spinoff with just Sui, she was really the only reason I read this manga anyway, lol.
Old 2008-09-03, 19:02   Link #173
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Wait, wait, wait:

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!?

This really comes out of the left field. Unfounded rumors? Truth? Epic failure in Japan? Why is there even a rumor -- or, truth, fuck -- that the best new shounen manga of the generation will cancel?

I think Taro Aso should do something if he ever gets to be the new Japanese PM like they say he will. Special Executive Order for continuation of Double Arts for National Security Reasons or else!
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 19:59   Link #174
ellifeedn
Thinker

So let me understand this. For reasons unknown there won't be any more releases of this series in the magazine that originally published it. That sucks.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 23:19   Link #175
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

darn and here it was getting to the good part

but will the story be continued!!!
Old 2008-09-04, 23:35   Link #176
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
So let me understand this. For reasons unknown there won't be any more releases of this series in the magazine that originally published it. That sucks.
No there is a reason, it was bottom at the rankings on Shonen Jump thus it got cancelled.
Old 2008-09-05, 06:05   Link #177
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
No there is a reason, it was bottom at the rankings on Shonen Jump thus it got cancelled.
T_T I've only read like 2-3 chapters of this, but I can already say I can understand why this would be canceled. The first chapter was especially weak. Not so much in the concept, since the whole plague deal with the girls who sacrifice their lives healing people is not so bad, in fact it was what kept me in for 2-3 chapters. But there were two things that just really let me down and I couldn't continue.

1. Character Design. Lack of foils (two nice people = zzz) and the drawing style is stupid. Not saying it's not good to look at, but the guy looks more girly than the girl at times, and he's a guy in a story where he can't let go of her hand. It's stupid to make him look so metro sexual. His cloud copycat hair doesn't help either, since he's not bishi or badass enough to use it. The girl is super plain, and I can't even remember how she looks like now.

2. Setting/Atmosphere/Genre/Concept/Etc. I can't explain it, but two kids running around naturally pulling off Circus stunts to beat an assassin off the bat is really dumb. What makes it more dumb is that the two characters don't look or portray the part. It's like putting Mario and Luigi in Ninja Gaiden. Sure, it's kinda cool when you see them jump on ninjas and knock them off screen with turtle shells, but after 10 seconds, it gets stupid. Also, the lack of guns/real danger elements when they try to make the bad guys so damn serious is really really bad. The reason one piece/FT story works is because everyone is drawn in a way that they can be badass one panel and plain STUPID another. You can't do that with this drawing style.

You can say I haven't read far enough to appreciate it, but that's how most people are. We read one to two chapters, and judge from there. Why do I want to waste time on something that won't captivate me until the 10th chapter? It already tells me that the main elements most likely suck, and that I'm only in it for some side character or what not.

Then again, I still can't figure out a real reason they can knock out Mx0 except for the overload of high school life mangas. So I could be wrong =]
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 09:49   Link #178
Ultenth

Yeah, ZODDGUTS is correct, for those that didn't know, SJ does ranking polls for it's readers, and generally tends to quickly cancel any manga that ranks low on those polls for an extended period of time.
Old 2008-09-05, 10:11   Link #179
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Hm.. another way to save a series if it gets animated.

To-Love-Ru is a proof of this. When I looked at the weekly chart for SJ before(I was curious how To-Love-Ru ranked because Mx0 got canceled) Although Mx0 ranks higher than To-Love-Ru on average, mx0 + Hatsukoi limitted got canned. I was pissed off why they didn't cancel To-Love-Ru instead .

I doubt DA will be moved to another publisher. If a certain mangaka has a contract with SJ, they are stuck with them and aren't allowed to let their manga get published on another publisher.

Unlikely it'll move into monthly in other Jump mangas. As DA is too slow in developing its story. It'll always get the lowest rank.

Seems like it really got canned. According to Wikipedia serialization stops at sept. 2008.

Seems like Chagecha will be replacing DA. Ah... I hope it won't be a gag manga like the mangakas earlier works. .

I think Psyren will get canceled soon. The characters are weak in terms of personality. None of them are lovable enough .

edit: Those who are interesting in the weekly rankings its here. At least Nurarihyon is getting the love it deserves.

edit2: Why is Toriko ranked so high? I don't get the appeal of it . Is there someone here who likes it?

Last edited by nadare; 2008-09-05 at 10:55.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 11:24   Link #180
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Just thought i'd post it here.... it really got cancelled. The last chapter camshots are out, and the chapter number is shown as the last chapter. Oh well...