AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-07-26, 06:26   Link #241
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateking View Post
Thank you for the reply, Duckroll. I knew I was right about Noah's Ark reference.

However, did the book mention about whether the movie and TV universe are interconnected? Since Holland saw
Spoiler:
The movie and TV series are completely unconnected in terms of storyline or timeline.

Spoiler:
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 20:35   Link #242
pirateking

Thank you again for the reply Duckroll. So BONES is just toying with us then.

Then what did the book say about
Spoiler:

*Bonus* below are images of Eureka in the ending

Spoiler:

Last edited by pirateking; 2009-07-26 at 22:35.
pirateking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 20:50   Link #243
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

OMG! Eureka with long hair FTW
Old 2009-08-16, 03:36   Link #244
ViewtifulAlchemist

Hm, just finished this. I thought the movie was ok going in with "it's a different story with similar cast of characters" of mentality. Looking back on it felt more like 4-5 episodes strung together and called a movie. For a movie yeah the animation wasn't really up to par but I think it's more upsetting because of the hype BONES had for it at the beginning.

The movie promised air battles that would blow your mind...or something. As I was getting to end I was just thinking "eh...where are the mind blowing action scenes?".

Spoiler:

Besides Holland, Hap(wow, complete change here), and maybe Talho the new Gekkostate were pretty much lifeless when comparing them to their TV versions. Hm, seems like a lot of problems with this movie is when in comparison to TV series though I guess no matter how hard you try to excuse it with the "it's a retelling/remake/whatever" mentality.

Maybe they should have just taken these ideas and made an original movie than slapping the ES label on it just going by general backlash from fans since it seems to resulted in failure in most eyes.
ViewtifulAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 15:42   Link #245
Spinner187
Too old for Anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateking View Post
Thank you again for the reply Duckroll. So BONES is just toying with us then.

Then what did the book say about
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spinner187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 01:58   Link #246
negativeone

Just finished watching the movie and even though i thought it was a terrible movie and it was nothing like i thought it would be, the ending was awesome, when the song started playing and i saw eureka i was like OHHHH SHITTTTT can somebody please tell me the name of the song

Sorry for my bad english.
negativeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 03:25   Link #247
chrisbad726

I have to say the movies okay but I really prefer the anime. Truth I would have liked a series that is a direct sequel than a movie retelling. I heard rumors about a second series but I have a feeling that that is not true.
chrisbad726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 21:49   Link #248
Chaos Zero x

Send a message via MSN to Chaos Zero x Send a message via Skype™ to Chaos Zero x
I wanted to see the N American 1 night release so badly.... It was dubbed right? That's all I care about...I want to see it dubbed...Any news on it coming out on DVD at all?
Chaos Zero x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 22:12   Link #249
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

It looks like both the DVD and Blu-Ray versions (with the dub of course) have a street date of February 9th.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 02:31   Link #250
Chaos Zero x

Send a message via MSN to Chaos Zero x Send a message via Skype™ to Chaos Zero x
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
It looks like both the DVD and Blu-Ray versions (with the dub of course) have a street date of February 9th.
it's the 15th and I can't find anywhere on the internet
I'm considering if I should actually buy it, I definately would if I had a blue-ray ROM, burner, etc.
Chaos Zero x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 00:57   Link #251
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
I finally just got around to watching the movie. I think my impression was a big "Huh?"
Nothing made sense at all...so confused

I suppose long-hair Eureka made it worth my time. Wow...
Old 2010-02-28, 11:18   Link #252
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Zero x View Post
it's the 15th and I can't find anywhere on the internet
I'm considering if I should actually buy it, I definitely would if I had a blue-ray ROM, burner, etc.
Sorry for missing that post, but yeah, it got bumped back again to March 2nd. Bandai apparently has this great fear of release dates and puts them off as much as they can these days.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 08:43   Link #253
darry

This Movie is worth watching ....when you skip instantly to the last 5min cuz Long Hair Eureka is just <3

About the other Crap i just can say... Did this Movie tried to compete with Gundam Seed so many Scenes i saw in the Anime lol
darry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 04:38   Link #254
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I disagree. The problem is most definitely not the recycled footage, but how the movie was made. I love the RahXephon movie, and that's pretty much ALL recycled footage. But yet it had a good story, and the script was well written. The problem with the E7 movie is that it is poorly written, it's kinda stupid, and the story is borderline retarded.

It's hard to care about any of the characters when they act totally out of character from the series and at the same time have pretty much zero development time on their own for the movie. So the viewer is unable to understand or adapt to what sort of characters they're supposed to be, and instead just react to their random outbursts and actions.

The animation is also extremely disappointing, especially the action, since it doesn't really have any of the energy or impact that a good action scene should have. A lot of this can be tied back to how the character development and storyline sucks. With no reason to care for any of the characters or the events happening, there's really no reason to care for any of the action on screen.

The entire movie project felt like a half-assed job, with little effort in creativity, budget or style. Honestly, I don't think most anime fans really mind movies using recycled footage from TV shows. Sure, it's a little disappointing, but as long as the overall movie holds up, it's fine. In this case, I just can't say it's an entertaining or well produced movie at all. It just felt like a train wreck of failure. It's no surprise the "movie" only had a limited Japanese screening in cinemas, and went directly to DVD and Blu-ray just two months after.
Exactly. I finally finally got around to watching the movie(mostly because I know this will be the last new E7 material I will ever see) and this was a big middle finger to fans of the series. The plot was an absolute mess, the dialogue was horrible, and characters were completely out of place compared to their TV versions(alternate universe but still). There was no real emotion except for the one scene where Renton gets out of the hospital bed and the romances feel way too forced. They also made the movie into a tragedy near the ending which is kinda surprising but I knew it was coming. Overall they could have used this plot without the Eureka Seven namebrand and I doubt too much would have changed, hell it might have made the movie easier to watch. Completely disappointed with the movie and it fails not only as a E7 movie but as a standalone anime movie.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 16:01   Link #255
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
ok OK...i'm sorry that i necrobumb this topic.

But I se just now the movie (after the series)

Anyone can tell me WTF happen in the ending??

Why Eureka can't speak??

And why the can't do a real happy anding?

Sorry again^^
Old 2011-07-22, 05:47   Link #256
klare

Eureka cant speak because she suppose to already pass her memories to the EIZO, so she is like a new born child (i guess)

this movie lacks detail explanations and i notice a lot of reuse footage from the TV

the good things are Dominic gets to act cool, everybody has no time to emo, mini Nirvash and mini TheEND are cute