AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2008-04-09, 08:42   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Chapter 397 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant part of the chapters. This stands for pics and direct translations.
Summaries are ok, crops of pics are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-04-23 at 12:40.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 09:18   Link #2
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
Spoiler for 397:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
HEY GUYS LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!

Spoiler for 397:

Spoiler for Chapter 397:
All from 396 discussion
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 11:13   Link #3
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

spoiler pics

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 11:15   Link #4
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
why is his mask back on? does it really matter sasuke has already seen his face. he must look preety ugly under there.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 11:28   Link #5
EXEs
Hallelujah...

Those spoilers saying Itachi may still be alive made my day, or rather, night. Well, tomorrow got confirmed spoilers.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 11:34   Link #6
Rahan

Apparently, the pics are confirmed.
Translation of the pics : (correct order of the pics : 1st is the one with Itachi, then the one with Madara, then Sasuke)

1 Tobi: .... you must listen (as it is your responsibility?)
For all shinobi... for all of those in Konoha, and ultimately for his little brother, he had risked his life. Your brother Uchiha Itachi's admirable way of life!
2 To protect you...
3 ...Sasuke

so, Itachi was a good guy apparently ...
Also, there won't be a chapter next week.

Last edited by Rahan; 2008-04-09 at 12:13.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 12:18   Link #7
ChronoReverse

Huh. Why would Tobi be saying that if he's a bad guy? This will be interesting...
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 12:44   Link #8
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 12:55   Link #9
pein pain or pine

no that was a seriously wack way to just cut out itachi and what does the rin'negan do
pein pain or pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 13:01   Link #10
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Huh. Why would Tobi be saying that if he's a bad guy? This will be interesting...
if he is a bad guy like aizen. i can see doing that to make sasuke feel anguish.
anyways i will be very mad if the uchihas are good guys. i've been realy patient with them. so it can feel good when they are defeated. now if kishi is going to make them good

i doubt he is good though. just messing with them. or dare i say it he is actualy the O word.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 13:01   Link #11
Ulquiorra
Espada

I don't buy that Itachi was a good guy for a second unless Kishi has lost his mind. Madara is the most powerful and cunning villain left in the series. He is lying. If Sasuke thinks he just killed his "beloved" brother who was really a good guy and protecting him, then his world would be crushed. And Madara is right there to pick up the pieces and rebuild Sasuke into his own vision. Madara wants something from Sasuke and when villains want something, they lie.

If Itachi was a good guy then Kishi will have a TON of explaining for about 6 years of writing. I just can't buy it. Kishimoto is not that good of a writer to pull this off. Madara is lying. That's what good villains do.
Old 2008-04-09, 13:07   Link #12
vision55

Lying would be the only way for Sasuke to join him.........because Sasuke does not seem to be a guy who wants to rule the world..........I may be wrong.....at least Naruto is exciting again.....
vision55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 13:32   Link #13
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

I'm guessing Madara saying something like:

Konoha is corrupt blah blah blah blah, but with your power Akatsuki can destroy it and build it into something good blah blah blah, Itachi knew that which is why blah blah blah, they are full of bloodlust blah blah blah and we need to wipe the slate clean blah blah which is why we murdered the Uchiha clan blah blah blah but the only thing that remains to wipe off is Konoha blah blah...Sasuke will you join me? *uses EMS to show Sasuke the ideal world*

Sasuke: yes...NO!! This...genjutsu? it all feels so real, what is this? It's a lie isn't it? My father told me that he would put his life on the line to protect Konoha's will of fire, why is the person who helped establish it want to destroy? *breaks the genjutsu and sees Madara's true intentions* Lies...it was all lies you were feeding me lies!!

Madara: To think that this level of genjutsu wasn't enough, you truly are talented, anyway it is no problem if I can't get you to join me, I will force you to, *uses an EMS hypnosis like the Kyuubi*

Sasuke: Hngh....Kakashi-sensei....Sakura...Naruto...help... *drops to the ground like when he was young and first experienced Tsuyokomi, drooling on the ground, has a flashback to when he was younger and saw Itachi kill his parents* Once again...I was still too weak....*his eyes look hypnotised and he has Madara's EMS* Madara-sama, what is our first mission?

Madara: Good little pet
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 13:37   Link #14
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
I don't buy that Itachi was a good guy for a second unless Kishi has lost his mind.
That would be a really interesting plot twist, I must say. For instance, learning that the clan was annihilated by Madara, how Itachi was not able to stop him, and the only thing he was able to do was to save his brother, back then. Afterwards, to stop Madara, he wanted to make sure Sasuke becomes better than him, etc...
Quote:
Madara is the most powerful and cunning villain left in the series. He is lying. If Sasuke thinks he just killed his "beloved" brother who was really a good guy and protecting him, then his world would be crushed. And Madara is right there to pick up the pieces and rebuild Sasuke into his own vision. Madara wants something from Sasuke and when villains want something, they lie.
But, how do you know that Itachi didn't lie to Sasuke? Anyways, it is possible that the fight of the brothers isn't over yet, though, it will be a psychological one.
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 14:17   Link #15
Slave0fLife
O_O

Well I wouldn't find it the least bit surprising if Itachi was (Zetsu said he was dead, so I don't consider him being alive) actually a good guy and a martyr. As I said earlier, it would be standard hollywood-movie-plot-twist. I just don't know why Madara would tell Sasuke that. To make him guilty? To make him mentally break down? Waiting for confirmation, anyway.
Slave0fLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 14:29   Link #16
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

I will definitely enjoy Sasuke's mental breakdown, if that ever happens. After Itachi's currently presumed death, Sasuke was expected to become good again. Hopefully, this breakdown will be permanent, unlike the Itachi-based temporary one.
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 15:19   Link #17
Nagatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Apparently, the pics are confirmed.
Translation of the pics : (correct order of the pics : 1st is the one with Itachi, then the one with Madara, then Sasuke)

1 Tobi: .... you must listen (as it is your responsibility?)
For all shinobi... for all of those in Konoha, and ultimately for his little brother, he had risked his life. Your brother Uchiha Itachi's admirable way of life!
2 To protect you...
3 ...Sasuke

so, Itachi was a good guy apparently ...
Also, there won't be a chapter next week.
I'd interpret that going back to Madara's fight with the first and trying to build konoha in his way. So Itachi was fighting for konoha...but the evil side. After all doesn't Sasuke want to rebuild his clan.

Who knows maybe if they continued down that path we could have a VotE rematch with Sasuke and Naruto but this time for the fate of the whole village.
Nagatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 15:26   Link #18
Rahan

The main problem with Itachi being a good guy is that it kills totally the Uchiha art of run since Itachi only ran away from the good guys. There is nothing good about the Uchihas left now.
Old 2008-04-09, 15:30   Link #19
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision55 View Post
Lying would be the only way for Sasuke to join him.........because Sasuke does not seem to be a guy who wants to rule the world..........I may be wrong.....at least Naruto is exciting again.....
There's no way that Madara would think of such an obvious and stupid lie that "Itachi was good". Simply because Sasuke would never believe him. So if Madara says so than it's either true for Konoha or true for Madara. Since in Madara's possibly crazy world (just remember Pein's thinking about how he will bring peace to the world) Itachi could be a good guy, but that also means that for Konoha he was a bad guy. So "good" does not necessarily mean good for Konoha. For example Haku was a good guy, but since he worked against Konoha he was in fact a bad guy.

I had a theory where Itachi was not good but also not bad, someone who did kill his best friend for power but when it came to killing the clan he did protect Sasuke's life, maybe he offered something important to Madara to trade it for Sasuke's life. Or maybe Itachi helped Madara to kill his own clan because Madara did promise Itachi to never again unleash kyuubi on Konoha. There are many possibilities for Itachi not being plain bad, but a more special guy who is neither "evil" nor "good", and such characters are the really interesting ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
The main problem with Itachi being a good guy is that it kills totally the Uchiha art of run since Itachi only ran away from the good guys. There is nothing good about the Uchihas left now.
You mean that Itachi always running away from good guys while being ruthless with bad guys (cutting Oro's hand) is not the strongest reason for assuming he was a nearly-good guy?
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 15:44   Link #20
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
You mean that Itachi always running away from good guys while being ruthless with bad guys (cutting Oro's hand) is not the strongest reason for assuming he was a nearly-good guy?
I mean, the Uchiha Art of Run that made Uchihas cowards / cautious guys that would fight only when they were sure to win is nullified when the said-Uchiha is on the same side than the guy he run away from.
It also kills the Jiraiya > Itachi argument.