AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-13, 05:15   Link #21121
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
i'm not talking about a life time occupational choice
i'm talking about a part time job during her time in ashford (suzaku went to school while serving in the army, and test piloting the lancelot)
some students serve tables and pump fuel
kallen test pilots giant robots
i'd say that its something of an odd "baito" for a student, but this is ashofrd
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 05:20   Link #21122
yvj
U Mad?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY
I suppose.

But how much funding do you think KMF research will be getting during a time of I assume reconstruction?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic81253_4.gif
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 05:27   Link #21123
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
I suppose.

But how much funding do you think KMF research will be getting during a time of I assume reconstruction?
considering that the world is likely to be looking at a sakuradite shortege in a few years (because of mount fuji)
i'd expect both sides of the globe would be looking to switch from extremely large numbers of weak KMF's like the ward and akatsuki (made by the lowest bidder )
to smaller numbers of much more effective specialized KMF's that allow their army to defend their borders while not being numerous enough to support active occupation
that way, you save cost in maintenance and in sakuradite supply
its only natural
in times of war you keep a large army, in times of peace, you try to make it smaller but more effective per unit
britannia would probably produce a new limited production (a few dozen) model based on the albion (sorta like a vincent albion) while phasing out the older models
not sure exactly what the UFN would be looking forward to, but something like their own versions of the 9th gens (based on either the guren, shen-hu, or something entirely new)

and in THAT situation, i'd expect kallen could have plenty of work on either side of the board
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 14:10   Link #21124
Bonzo
I change anime endings.
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Italy
Age: 37
Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
This is the last doubt about one of my scripts, the comic with the last dialogue Ougi/Kallen.

Everything decided, just a doubt if to add or not a last 2-panel event, the necklace.

Before the final goodbye, Ougi take-out from the jacket a little box, inside a necklace.

O: "this was of your mother, she gived it to Naoto like talisman, when he gone away for to fight against britannia, one time he told me this was one of few gift your father gived to her".

K: "why you have it?"

O: "I believe that time Naoto had a bad feeling, and he gived it to me with the promise, I would have gived it to you when the war was ended and the japan free...because you must live like a normal girl, your mother had the same desire"

K: "........"

O: "that time is now."

Ougi give the necklace to Kallen.

The same necklace Kallen wear during her marriage.

I add it, or not?
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 14:18   Link #21125
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
^Sure. I think it sounds good. I like the connection of it being the necklace she wore for her wedding. And here's some alterations to the dialogue.

O: "This was of your mother's. She gave it to Naoto like a talisman when he went away to fight against Britannia. One time he told me this was one of few gifts your father gave to her".

K: "Why do you have it?"

O: "I believe at that time Naoto had a bad feeling, and he gave it to me making me promise that I would give it to you when the war ended and Japan was free...because you must live like a normal girl. Your mother had the same desire"

K: "........"

O: "That time is now."
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 03:56   Link #21126
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In His Majesties Service.
Age: 31
Just a quick hypothetical question for everyone here thats been rolling around in my head for the past couple of days.

If Japan broke the peace after ZR, would Kallen either:

1.Fight Japan for the sake of justice.
2.Fight for Japan even if it was the aggressor.
3.Sit on the sidelines and not get involved.


I kinda see her fighting against it since she put her personal feelings about Lelouch to one side and attempted to stop him because her sense of justice was stronger.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 04:05   Link #21127
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Just a quick hypothetical question for everyone here thats been rolling around in my head for the past couple of days.

If Japan broke the peace after ZR, would Kallen either:

1.Fight Japan for the sake of justice.
2.Fight for Japan even if it was the aggressor.
3.Sit on the sidelines and not get involved.

I kinda see her fighting against it since she put her personal feelings about Lelouch to one side and attempted to stop him because her sense of justice was stronger.
If Japan broke the peace as you say, one would assume they are the aggressors. I doubt she would help, at least not without a very good reason.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 04:09   Link #21128
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
are we talking agressor as in "trying to attack britannia" or as in "trying to conquer surrounding countries" ?

kallen helping the first option i would doubt as it would require an amazingly good reason that i dont see nunnaly providing them with
the second i dont see her helping no matter what
and if japan does attack surrounding countries i can see kallen opposing them

keep in mind that kallen is no longer a soldier
it would take a VERY good reason to get her back in the field as it is
so without a reason she can fight for, i dont see it happening

trying to protect the peace lelouch created however, would be a good reason i think
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 01:47   Link #21129
Bonzo
I change anime endings.
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Italy
Age: 37
Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
A little comic-preview about a characters relation enough important but totally ignored in R2 season:

Ougi will try to justify his choices, but with a weak result, Kallen is grown-up like woman and she has
personal ideas about her goal and what to do with all the rest.

Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 10:45   Link #21130
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Just a quick hypothetical question for everyone here thats been rolling around in my head for the past couple of days.

If Japan broke the peace after ZR, would Kallen either:

1.Fight Japan for the sake of justice.
2.Fight for Japan even if it was the aggressor.
3.Sit on the sidelines and not get involved.


I kinda see her fighting against it since she put her personal feelings about Lelouch to one side and attempted to stop him because her sense of justice was stronger.
I like to think that Kallen will never fight anymore after the end of the series. Not even if some war broke loose or something like that. Lelouch gave her a new life not to toss it away in more battles, so for me, she will stay living her life and not getting too much involved, unless it get really serious, then she will probably fight, not for any country, but for the people she loves and for herself.

Of course if someone ever make an R3 with Kallen, i want to see her kicking some ass again and to hell with all this stuff, haha.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 12:05   Link #21131
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
the way i see R3 kallen piloting quota is

ep 1- testing the new 9th gen production model Lloyd has been working on (as favor to nunnaly, and getting a lot of money for it)
she uses it well past the expected level, but complains about the law quality of the new model when compared to the guren, to which Lloyd points out that mass producing a machine no one can pilot is pretty silly, and that they made it weaker to allow more pilots to be able to use it (they plan to make a few dozons of them)

ep 5- a mock dual with gino over kallen being picked to test pilot the new 9th gen
kallen uses the latest version of the guren (a mixed version between the SEITEN and the kasoshiki, using a more powerful version of the glide wings, rather then the energy wings) which is weaker then the SEITEN, but considerably more powerful then the kasoshiki (and with the same SEITEN engine, its got more power output then the new 9th gen)
and gino uses a new version of the tristan, more powerful float system and weapons, but no energy wings despite being warned by kallen that the guren is much more powerful (kallen ends up saying she'd only use 50% power because of it, to gino's dismay)
the mock battle turns real before long after gino activates the MVS for real in an attempt to force kallen into fighting him full power
kallen ends up taking him down without killing him, and using only 70% power (saving the 100% preformence for the next ep)

ep 8- the anniversary of lelouch's death, a day the world celebrates as Zero-day.
tokyo is under attack from a large external (none britannian) force and the OOBK forces there are hard pressed due to the nature of the surprise attack
kallen uses the guren (left in ashford after the dual with gino) to battle against the enemy ace who is using the stolen 9th gen

meanwhile xing-ke (the 9th gen's original target) leads the remaining OOBK forces in a counter attack and suzaku later intervenes in his own 9th gen (both the UFN leaders and nunnaly are in tokyo for the celebration, they are the target of the attack) forcing the attackers to withdraw, but not before demonstrating that they are powerful enough to fight the OOBK on even ground on their own soil (kinda like narita, only for the enemy force)

she manages to destroy it (its a mass production model, and the pilot is no suzaku) but also loses the guren in the process (with both pilots ejecting)

ep 10 and onwards - joins a task force aimed at stopping the new threat headed by zero
does so out of both a desire to protect the peace lelouch created, and a more personal reason
receives a new costume 9th gen (Guren MKIII) built by Lloyd and rakshata in tandem (much to their cringing) which both acknowledge it to be the most powerful KMF ever built

the rest of the plot i'm saving for now
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 13:22   Link #21132
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 27
If there was an R3, maybe I could see a Kallen's appearance (Kallen as an adult ) just for a meeting with C.C. (A kind of Peter Pan with C.C. as Pater and Kallen as Wendy XD) toward the end, but...I don't see an R3 following R2. More like many years later and a new hero.
Kallen's story ended up with Lelouch's, just like Nunally's and others.

Maybe Suzaku, as Zero (and since he gave up his life) may appear as well but for the others...I'm pretty sure Kallen will never touch a KMF anymore.

But that might be a nice fanfic (Though the best R3 fic is and will always be Lord Bear's one :P Everything is there. Though there is this one, by YamiPaladin of Chaos who is really good as well but shorter)

Anyway that's how I see Kallen : Doctor, or Professor, something like that, living her life quietly, appearing in the serie as a really secondary character, and meeting toward the end C.C.. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'd like to see that.
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 13:27   Link #21133
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
If there is an R3, I don't think they'd call it R3, since that just doesn't work considering what R2 stands for. I say that if there's is a season continuation, I hope Suzaku and Kallen take roles similar to that of Char and Amuro in Zeta Gundam: supportive roles, but not ones that take over the importance of the new lead, if they happen to go the new cast route.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 13:29   Link #21134
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
If there is an R3, I don't think they'd call it R3, since that just doesn't work considering what R2 stands for. I say that if there's is a season continuation, I hope Suzaku and Kallen take roles similar to that of Char and Amuro in Zeta Gundam: supportive roles, but not ones that take over the importance of the new lead, if they happen to go the new cast route.
I guess we know about this R2/R3 thing, it's just a kind of odd habit.
I agree there, We saw the disaster of the "old lead taking the spot again" with GSD, we definitely don't need it for Geass too.
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 13:31   Link #21135
Bonzo
I change anime endings.
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Italy
Age: 37
Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the way i see R3 kallen piloting quota is

ep 1- testing the new 9th gen production model Lloyd has been working on (as favor to nunnaly, and getting a lot of money for it)
she uses it well past the expected level, but complains about the law quality of the new model when compared to the guren, to which Lloyd points out that mass producing a machine no one can pilot is pretty silly, and that they made it weaker to allow more pilots to be able to use it (they plan to make a few dozons of them)

ep 5- a mock dual with gino over kallen being picked to test pilot the new 9th gen
kallen uses the latest version of the guren (a mixed version between the SEITEN and the kasoshiki, using a more powerful version of the glide wings, rather then the energy wings) which is weaker then the SEITEN, but considerably more powerful then the kasoshiki (and with the same SEITEN engine, its got more power output then the new 9th gen)
and gino uses a new version of the tristan, more powerful float system and weapons, but no energy wings despite being warned by kallen that the guren is much more powerful (kallen ends up saying she'd only use 50% power because of it, to gino's dismay)
the mock battle turns real before long after gino activates the MVS for real in an attempt to force kallen into fighting him full power
kallen ends up taking him down without killing him, and using only 70% power (saving the 100% preformence for the next ep)

ep 8- the anniversary of lelouch's death, a day the world celebrates as Zero-day.
tokyo is under attack from a large external (none britannian) force and the OOBK forces there are hard pressed due to the nature of the surprise attack
kallen uses the guren (left in ashford after the dual with gino) to battle against the enemy ace who is using the stolen 9th gen

meanwhile xing-ke (the 9th gen's original target) leads the remaining OOBK forces in a counter attack and suzaku later intervenes in his own 9th gen (both the UFN leaders and nunnaly are in tokyo for the celebration, they are the target of the attack) forcing the attackers to withdraw, but not before demonstrating that they are powerful enough to fight the OOBK on even ground on their own soil (kinda like narita, only for the enemy force)

she manages to destroy it (its a mass production model, and the pilot is no suzaku) but also loses the guren in the process (with both pilots ejecting)

ep 10 and onwards - joins a task force aimed at stopping the new threat headed by zero
does so out of both a desire to protect the peace lelouch created, and a more personal reason
receives a new costume 9th gen (Guren MKIII) built by Lloyd and rakshata in tandem (much to their cringing) which both acknowledge it to be the most powerful KMF ever built

the rest of the plot i'm saving for now
Hmm....not a very innovative plot.

Come on, I don't want to be the only author keep Kallen away from the frontlines.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 13:37   Link #21136
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
whats the point of keeping the worlds greatest pilot from the frontlines bonzo ?
assuming that the next story has an actual CONFLICT in it, what other role would you have her fill
lelouch is dead, so her romantic development (at least with him) are over
japan is free, so naoto's dream is fulfilled
other then taking care of her mother, you dont have all that much of a role for kallen to play other then as the fighter she is
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 13:51   Link #21137
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 27
Well maybe Kallen can lead a life outside of frontlines ? :P

You know, when I'm reading her poem I see a girl dragged in a war for freedom and revenge who was waiting for death and nothing else; Lelouch's last line for her implied he wanted her to have a future, and certainly one free of battle or blood, or murders.

Kallen isn't simply a fighter, she was a girl who believed in a dream, a dream Lelouch made real, her core wasn't to fight cause she had to fight, she was fighting cause she had to.
If another war had to happen, I don't see jumping in the Guren to defend the world Lelouch gave her, I'm sure it wasn't the point of Lelouch's sacrifice; I can see her watching over the new fighters, but I really think Kallen as a pilot died with Lelouch; What was the point of keeping her far from ZR and Suzaku's (I keep C.C. apart from that cause well, she is C.C.) if she was meant to be part of some future conflict.

Zero's role is to watch over this world, that's his curse, it's not Kallen's case, she has a life to experiment, she isn't meant to keep on coming back the battelfield each time.
I don't think her life is only her mother, she has her own life to live. And even without love, Life is full of diversity and experiment, it's not like her future died with Lelouch.
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 13:56   Link #21138
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
i ment within the framework of a new R3 storyline
if you do make a R3
create an armed conflict as a central element to the plot
AND make kallen a significant (even if only a secondery) character within that storyline
i dont really see what other role you can give her

i dont see her becoming another milly or rivals (who spend the last arc, complaining on how all their friends are out fighting for the fate of the world, while they sit around doing nothing)

as a general notion i would much rather have her story end with lelouch
but if there is another season that picks up a year or two after Z-R, and kallen plays a role in it
i dont really see her staying out of it
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 14:13   Link #21139
Bonzo
I change anime endings.
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Italy
Age: 37
Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
I written my story using the same character line written by Lolipopo just 1 post up, her rule like soldier it's ended with Lelouch and zero "dead", then she restart her new life away from everything connected with her negative past.
When a woman had a suffered life, after, in 90% of chances, she will become a mother, because to have children = to live really.
That's was her idea to help Lelouch, she was sure with a child her beloved man had a goal for to live on too.
Everybody though her first pregnancy was just a "incident", but Kallen just lied to Lelouch about the morning after-pill, she WANTED a child, but she afraid Lelouch was against that.
She's become a normal woman, but always ready to protect her treasures and her new life (poor suzaku).
Her only memento of her old life are some pictures and a guren seiten gunpla.

About a sequel after ZR, sunrise told already they will not use the same characters in every case.
However, considering the story of humanity, when a dictator die, the world know the peace, but always for 1-2 generations, after, all restart by the beginning with another war/crisis.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 14:30   Link #21140
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
your entire story cant happen canoniclly because LELOUCH IS DEAD
hence, its an AU version by default

i'm talking about a sequel to R2
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.