AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-19, 17:36   Link #22121
geewhiz
transparent amoeba
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Atlanta
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
which is why kallen joining him would still count as working for japan
even if it would also implicate her in his MASSIVELY fucked up sins
agreed to on both counts!

geewhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 19:08   Link #22122
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CALIFORNIA!!
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
agreed to on both counts!

haha Its been a while since i been here and i came on to read some battles. and i read this.
Yes Lelouch is very Machiavellian. He might be the ideal Prince
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 19:20   Link #22123
geewhiz
transparent amoeba
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Atlanta
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
i came on to read some battles.
lol, if I had a U.S. dollar for every time i heard that...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
Yes Lelouch is very Machiavellian. He might be the ideal Prince
As perhaps Schneizel might as well. He's also the ideal Pimp for his brothers (well they're all pimps for each other aren't they?), and Odysseus is the ideal pedo.




Disclaimer: I in no way promote nor condone the idea of an "ideal pedo", 'cause we should all agree an ideal pedo is one that's tarred, feathered, ridden out of town on a rail and then run over by a high-speed train. Hey I can dream, can't I?
geewhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 06:06   Link #22124
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Comparing Britannia to Nazi Germany is borderline idiotic. You have to forgive my bluntness but that's just going overboard. We're talking about an anime empire that's on even real and one of the most brutal dictatorships of the 20th centry.


And btw, Britannia never established anything such as a master race or any of that nonsense so I don't know where you're getting it from. Master NATIONALITY sure, but not race. As you can clearly see in the show there are Britannians of every race, i.e Black King, mexican knight KIA in Narita etc. Now, while Nazi germany did use the concept of a master race its main targets were jews and communists, who were the main enemies of Fascism. There were SS divisions composed of Italians, Romanians, Spaniards and even Arabs and Balkan muslims.
Whatever.
Talking about that in "Kallen's thread" is borderline idiotic as well.

Moving on...

Edit : Lol. Who is the troll ?
__________________


Last edited by Lolipopo; 2009-11-26 at 10:07.
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 09:55   Link #22125
Paladinoras
Pancakes
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In Your House. No, really, look properly.
Random Kallen comment:

I want more bunny awesomeness.

Although on a more serious note: Let's say R2 explored more on Kallen's background and motives, etc, what do you want explored about her past?

Personally, I want R2 to divulge more info about her brother and how he influenced her decisions.
__________________


Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 09:59   Link #22126
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
ditto
i want to know more about naoto
if naoto is to kallen what lelouch is to nunnaly, then this is worth exploring
even if only in flashbacks
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 10:20   Link #22127
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Random Kallen comment:

I want more bunny awesomeness.

Although on a more serious note: Let's say R2 explored more on Kallen's background and motives, etc, what do you want explored about her past?

Personally, I want R2 to divulge more info about her brother and how he influenced her decisions.
I WANT FLASHBACKS.

I want to see her when she was a child and I want to see the same adoration on her face that Lelouch had when he was with Nunally.

Siblings love is to die for and Naoto looked like he was such a great guy.

If Twin was there she would certainly tag him as the Kamina of Geass, cause that's the feelings he is giving while not being involved in the serie at all.

I want to see how he died, Kallen's reaction, how she choose to fight...

To make it short, I would like to see on screen what she says on her poem. This poem was so heartbreaking that her past with Naoto had to be.

But well, Geass being Geass, if you don't have a penis or green hair, or if you aren't Lelouch...You have little chance to see your Bg being explored. Even if it seems important cause it concerns one of the main characters.

Ahh Kallen and Naoto. :'(
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 11:36   Link #22128
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CALIFORNIA!!
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
But well, Geass being Geass, if you don't have a penis or green hair, or if you aren't Lelouch...You have little chance to see your Bg being explored. Even if it seems important cause it concerns one of the main characters.

Ahh Kallen and Naoto. :'(
To be fair CC didn't get her background really talked about. It was more about MArianne and charles relationship with CC, and the clusterfuck which it was. So only one person maybe two people got their backgroudn talked about Lelouch, and to some extent Suzaku. If you count Mao as background to CC it was more "hey let's try to make it obvious that CC was a bitch." I rather not get that type of BG for Kallen.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 11:37   Link #22129
Bonzo
I change anime endings.
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Italy
Age: 36
Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Otherwise, it will not can be the same thing...

But I can draw a picture drama about Kallen past and you can give me suggestion about what to write for the storyboard and dialogues.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 01:01   Link #22130
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
C.C. had background it just...wasn't nearly as interesting as people thought. They'd implied in the first season that she was actually an important RL historical figure only to change their minds and make her some random peasant girl.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 01:30   Link #22131
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 26
Just because she was born a peasant girl doesn't mean she didn't become an important historical figure. She became immortal at 16 and had plenty of time to develop into such a figure, and its possible before that she gained fame. After all, thanks to her Geass, she ended up in a position that seemed pretty well-off and there were people coming from all over to declare their love for her.

So its not so much as they changed their minds as it is they just didn't explain it in detail.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 06:35   Link #22132
Paladinoras
Pancakes
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In Your House. No, really, look properly.
Hmm, well, sadly, Kallen, with all her awesomeness, pales in comparison to Kallen in the overall importance of the Geass world. Which is why....R2 was getting on my nerves at some point.
__________________


Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 06:59   Link #22133
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Hmm, well, sadly, Kallen, with all her awesomeness, pales in comparison to Kallen in the overall importance of the Geass world. Which is why....R2 was getting on my nerves at some point.
kallen is so awesome she overshadows herself ?
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 07:01   Link #22134
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Just because she was born a peasant girl doesn't mean she didn't become an important historical figure. She became immortal at 16 and had plenty of time to develop into such a figure, and its possible before that she gained fame. After all, thanks to her Geass, she ended up in a position that seemed pretty well-off and there were people coming from all over to declare their love for her.

So its not so much as they changed their minds as it is they just didn't explain it in detail.
To be fair, Had C.C. been an important figure like we all thought she was, back in season 1, they would have use it in the story.

The slave girl thing (which was pretty shitty, I have to agree with Wita there, C.C.'s BG being certainly the biggest let down of the whole serie) was just a way to give us something to work with, but it seems obvious that finally it was just a twist to explain her flashbacks.

She could have been Joan d'Arc, some Queen Elisabeth and finally she was a slave girl.
Yeah.
Great.

And Yeah Wita, you're right (BTW how have you been ? :P Been a while ! Even on msn !) ifn it was to get something like that...it's maybe better this way.
But when you see how they used picture drama and CD drama...you just want for your head to meet a wall like NOW.
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 13:30   Link #22135
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
coming to think of it, if we were to have more info on kallen's background
i would want to know more about her father really
there is a LOT of potential questions that remain unanswered about him, and he's still alive to tell them

how did he get to japan in time to meet kallen's mother over 25 years before the story started ?
what made him fall for her (kallen's mom herself could also use more development, especially given that we dont even know her name) ?
did he spend several years in japan with her between the time naoto and kallen were born, or did he show up for a nooky every few years ?
what eventually broke them up ?
we're they the reason why the stadfeld family ended up relocating to japan after the war ?
was the reason why he didnt adopt kallen from the start was that he knew her mother would never leave her, and hence be subjected to a life of servitude ?
was he aware of naoto's involvment in the resistance ?
was naoto's death what motivated him to adopt kallen (to try and keep the same from happening to her) ?

the potential for a storyline here is pretty great
especially when you remember that kallen was so wrong about her mother at first, so its VERY possible that she was also wrong about her father
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 13:30   Link #22136
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
kallen is so awesome she overshadows herself ?
He meant CC lol, overall she is just more important than Kallen because she's the one that gives Lelouch his geass, and is kinda always there to motivate him (at first for her own selfish needs) and keep him on track.

Kallen gets treated like a supporting character most of the series, and I personally didn't get the impression she was a main character until the end of R2.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 13:46   Link #22137
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
coming to think of it, if we were to have more info on kallen's background
i would want to know more about her father really
there is a LOT of potential questions that remain unanswered about him, and he's still alive to tell them

how did he get to japan in time to meet kallen's mother over 25 years before the story started ?
what made him fall for her (kallen's mom herself could also use more development, especially given that we dont even know her name) ?
did he spend several years in japan with her between the time naoto and kallen were born, or did he show up for a nooky every few years ?
what eventually broke them up ?
we're they the reason why the stadfeld family ended up relocating to japan after the war ?
was the reason why he didnt adopt kallen from the start was that he knew her mother would never leave her, and hence be subjected to a life of servitude ?
was he aware of naoto's involvment in the resistance ?
was naoto's death what motivated him to adopt kallen (to try and keep the same from happening to her) ?

the potential for a storyline here is pretty great
especially when you remember that kallen was so wrong about her mother at first, so its VERY possible that she was also wrong about her father
That is pretty much what I'd like to see, although some of those things we could make "educated" guesses for lol ( hate using that term).

Kallen's father is very well off to say the least, so he probably met her mother while on Business in Japan. We know the guy is at least a decent person, he slept with a Japanese woman more than twice and later took his daughter in and basically gave her the best life she could hope for. If he were like any other evil Britannian he wouldn't have done the things he did for Kallen. Although, his treatment of her mother is rather odd. If he is not a bastard why would he keep his lover as a servant? Why not just get her a nice apartment in the settlement and a job?

Anyways, I don't think he took her in to keep her from going down Naoto's path, because if he did he did a piss poor job. I mean, the guy's not even home most of the time so simply saying here's a nice house and a nice school, be a good girl isn't enough. He had to have some serious talks with her and you know, be a fricking father, not just some guy who's never there.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 13:53   Link #22138
Bonzo
I change anime endings.
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Italy
Age: 36
Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Well, nobody know if Naoto is a half-blood too or the biological father was japanese, in the few art pictures he has the clear skin like Kallen too.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 14:27   Link #22139
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Kallen's father is very well off to say the least, so he probably met her mother while on Business in Japan. We know the guy is at least a decent person, he slept with a Japanese woman more than twice and later took his daughter in and basically gave her the best life she could hope for. If he were like any other evil Britannian he wouldn't have done the things he did for Kallen. Although, his treatment of her mother is rather odd. If he is not a bastard why would he keep his lover as a servant? Why not just get her a nice apartment in the settlement and a job?
.
the way kallen had viewed it was "why would her mother stay under such conditions"
you phrase it "why would have allow her to stay like that"
i suspect that the answer to both those questions is the same
she chose to stay so she could be with kallen

its quite possible that her father would have preferred that her mother would be better off under better conditions
but that SHE insisted to be allowed to stay for kallen's sake
this is espcially true when you consider that kallen probably had little to no contact with her father before that
allowing her father to take her away would be the same as giving her up for adoption
hence, she asked to stay with her, knowing that under britannian social conventions, she would be relegated to a position of a servant
after all, the man is married, so he couldnt make kallen's mom his wife
and there had to be an official reason why she was there (since kallen's origins were being kept hidden)

i DONT actually think her father was a prick
i think it would make for a very interesting story if KALLEN thinks that he is, when in fact he is a perfectly decent man who genuinely cared for all of them.
especially when she finally confronts him about it and learns the truth
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 14:58   Link #22140
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I remember one of the directors saying in an interview that Kallen's half Britannian side was just an excuse so she could go to Ashford and have interaction with Lelouch outside of the Black Knights, and that they had no plans to go into stuff about her father. So he was really just a plot device. Originally Kallen was supposed to be full Japanese and have little to no positive interaction with any Britannian's outside of Lelouch.

In R2 we had already seen enough of Kallen in Ashford to develop her well enough so she never went back. In fact I don't remember her half Britannian blood ever being mentioned at all in R2 aside from Suzaku during the final battle.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.