AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-28, 10:13   Link #3101
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
from the looks of it the lancelot has been upgreaded after the guren was
since it can be used but the guren "cant"
guess it means we know which machine is the stronger one (based on specs)
Lancelot?
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:13   Link #3102
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Looking for CG Writers email addresses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Numbers are not indicative of skill. And, as much as Kallen has been able to keep up with Suzaku in a Frame fight, she has always been bested by him, one way or another.
She did manage to take on Gino and Anya and win technically. Gino remarked her skill level was equal to that of a Rounds member. All this in EP6 R2.
__________________
KDF Kallen Defense Force
Verist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:15   Link #3103
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Because they were taken by surprise. If the Guren hadn't been upgraded (and if it hadn't lost an arm), Kallen would have been obliterated.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:16   Link #3104
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
She did manage to take on Gino and Anya and win technically. Gino remarked her skill level was equal to that of a Rounds member. All this in EP6 R2.
But with the Lancelot she was always on equal footing and even with sufficent upgrades only manage to slow it down, damn, if only Suzaku will fight her the same way he did in S1 episodes 24 than that would be a battle and can settle the dispute on who's the better pilot and who's the better KMF.
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:21   Link #3105
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Looking for CG Writers email addresses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Because they were taken by surprise. If the Guren hadn't been upgraded (and if it hadn't lost an arm), Kallen would have been obliterated.
So you out right dismiss Gino's comments about her skill being equal? Its not like she attacked him when they were not ready. Gino also made the comment, that it should have gone all out, but Anya I'm sure did. I think her skill level is a hair behind Suzaku, but she is better than Gino or Anya or this new clown Luciano.
__________________
KDF Kallen Defense Force
Verist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:25   Link #3106
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
So you out right dismiss Gino's comments about her skill being equal? Its not like she attacked him when they were not ready. Gino also made the comment, that it should have gone all out, but Anya I'm sure did. I think her skill level is behind Suzaku, but she is better than Gino or Anya or this new clown Luciano.
Wow everyone sure hates Lucanio after his first appearance, I wonder if Nonette and Monica will get a much better standing then his right now if they show up in time. Anyway while Kallen isn't my favorite character I won't dismiss her skills neither but seriously she gets the most powerful KMF in history!? That's going a bit to far.
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:28   Link #3107
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
If you call crippling them in one shot due to plot necessities something that shows Kallen as being 'better', then...I've nothing to say. Suzaku also constantly triumphs over her in battle, even though she keeps up with him.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:29   Link #3108
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Looking for CG Writers email addresses
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
Wow everyone sure hates Lucanio after his first appearance, I wonder if Nonette and Monica will get a much better standing then his right now if they show up in time. Anyway while Kallen isn't my favorite character I won't dismiss her skills neither but seriously she gets the most powerful KMF in history!? That's going a bit to far.
Lol, of course I hate the guy already.. He basically threatens to rape Kallen, disrespects Nunnaly and talks crapy about Euphy. He has made one hell of a first impression. He dies if Kallen has the Guren and he attacks her, he dies.. mark my words.
__________________
KDF Kallen Defense Force
Verist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:32   Link #3109
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
If you call crippling them in one shot due to plot necessities something that shows Kallen as being 'better', then...I've nothing to say. Suzaku also constantly triumphs over her in battle, even though she keeps up with him.
Apparently everyone thinks so, In my opinion the the Guren is just one big hax that has all necessities to get her out of any situation and whether this makes her a better pilot is still up to question (she's darn pretty good) but as the Gawain so proudly represents just because you have better specs you still can get pwned by a better pilot.
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:34   Link #3110
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
Wow everyone sure hates Lucanio after his first appearance, I wonder if Nonette and Monica will get a much better standing then his right now if they show up in time.
Hmm, if any of the people in here has played Lost Colors, maybe they can tell us what their impression of Nonette were?

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
Anyway while Kallen isn't my favorite character I won't dismiss her skills neither but seriously she gets the most powerful KMF in history!? That's going a bit to far.
Why? It often enough happens in mecha shows, and the people in those who gets the most powerful mechas usually aren't amateurs either (though there are plenty of exceptations there too).
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:34   Link #3111
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I mean, it's a general what if, but if Kallen hadn't gotten an upgrade to her Frame, even if she didn't lose an arm, Suzaku, Anya and Gino would have torn her to shreds. It's a general consensus that a mech, when upgraded, must kick ass at least once on its first showing.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:36   Link #3112
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Looking for CG Writers email addresses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
If you call crippling them in one shot due to plot necessities something that shows Kallen as being 'better', then...I've nothing to say. Suzaku also constantly triumphs over her in battle, even though she keeps up with him.
Maybe you should follow your own words and say nothing and re-watch the episode. she kicks Anya in the head after pulling off some sweet moves while two KotR are attacking her. Kallen has consistently performed in whatever mech she has been in, beating people with lesser equipment throughout the series. (Before the Guren) When Anya tries to give the credit to the Guren for defeating them, Gino say no, it was the pilot.
__________________
KDF Kallen Defense Force
Verist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:36   Link #3113
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
Lol, of course I hate the guy already.. He basically threatens to rape Kallen, disrespects Nunnaly and talks crapy about Euphy. He has made one hell of a first impression. He dies if Kallen has the Guren and he attacks her, he dies.. mark my words.
You forgot tried to kill Suzaku though that may be a plus to some . Him threatening to rape Kallen caught me by surprise though since the only person to ever be "on top" of Kallen (literally) was Suzaku
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:37   Link #3114
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Read above. Upon being upgraded, any mech and its pilot have to kick ass at least once, and this has become used so much that it's a practical rule of mecha anime. I know what I'm talking about, since I've seen Turn 6 more than any other R2 episode. Her crippling the Rounds and kicking Mordred had to happen because it was an 'upgrade moment'.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:40   Link #3115
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
Maybe you should follow your own words and say nothing and re-watch the episode. she kicks Anya in the head if I after pulling off some sweet moves while two KotR are attacking her. Kallen has consistently performed in whatever mech she has been in, beating people with lesser equipment throughout the series. (Before the Guren) When Anya tries to give the credit to the Guren for defeating them, Gino say no, it was the pilot.
But she's only been in two, a custom red Glasgow and the Guren Mark II, but you right she is a good pilot but I wonder if Taniguichi is going to far in that aspect (Jesus Kōzuki)
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:41   Link #3116
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Looking for CG Writers email addresses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Read above. Upon being upgraded, any mech and its pilot have to kick ass at least once, and this has become used so much that it's a practical rule of mecha anime. I know what I'm talking about, since I've seen Turn 6 more than any other R2 episode. Her crippling the Rounds and kicking Mordred had to happen because it was an 'upgrade moment'.
Ok, when upgrades are introduced this happens, agreed. Gino's comments still can't be dismissed. He is a KMF pilot, I think he can judge talent.
__________________
KDF Kallen Defense Force
Verist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:41   Link #3117
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
I mean, it's a general what if, but if Kallen hadn't gotten an upgrade to her Frame, even if she didn't lose an arm, Suzaku, Anya and Gino would have torn her to shreds. It's a general consensus that a mech, when upgraded, must kick ass at least once on its first showing.
That's no doubt true, though the problem is that the gap was too wide there for any fair comparison. For example, all of Britannia's units incuding the Lancelot, Mordred and Tristian were flying and had long-range weapons, which the Guren had not, so it was no fair comparison at that time to tell you the truth - it was like a military aircraft(s) Vs a tank without any long-range weapons, sorta

I'll be hoping for some serious duells on more equal/fair terms later on though :3
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:42   Link #3118
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Re-reading...okay, she got trashed by Suzaku, corrected, upon her Glasgow's debut, soon after it, she piloted a Burai once and that was trashed in the same episode it was introduced in, and...lesser? That radiation arm on the Guren Mk II had an advantage over nearly anything the Britannians had, excluding particle shielding, and, then, at least, the VARIS. Don't see how that's lesser equipment.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:43   Link #3119
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Looking for CG Writers email addresses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
That's no doubt true, though the problem is that the gap was too wide there for any fair comparison. For example, all of Britannia's units incuding the Lancelot, Mordred and Tristian were flying and had long-range weapons, which the Guren had not, so it was no fair comparison at that time to tell you the truth - it was like a military aircraft(s) Vs a tank without any long-range weapons, sorta

I'll be hoping for some serious duells on more equal/fair terms later on though :3
Good point Dark. I'd rather end this conjecture and have some head to head battle anyway.
__________________
KDF Kallen Defense Force
Verist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:43   Link #3120
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
And also, wasn't that also Mordred's debute battle as well? I don't see them going out of their way to make it look good.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.