AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-28, 10:44   Link #3121
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
You forgot tried to kill Suzaku though that may be a plus to some . Him threatening to rape Kallen caught me by surprise though since the only person to ever be "on top" of Kallen (literally) was Suzaku

he's a character created to make the other scrappies look good
Old 2008-07-28, 10:46   Link #3122
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
But she's only been in two, a custom red Glasgow and the Guren Mark II, but you right she is a good pilot but I wonder if Taniguichi is going to far in that aspect (Jesus Kōzuki)
Well, if we take it ot that, Suzaku had to the best of our knowlkedge never piloted a knightmare when he was first given the Lancelot, so if you want to talk about hax, Suzaku's your man, not Kallen or whatever she pilots.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:46   Link #3123
Dream_Traveller
Banned

They made the Mordred look good by having it obliterate a cruiser with sheer, raw firepower, and also by having it crush a Frame with its bare hands and also by having it survive a strike that would have cleaved any normal KMF in two. They made it look good to me.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:47   Link #3124
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
And also, wasn't that also Mordred's debute battle as well? I don't see them going out of their way to make it look good.
it blow up an air ship with one shot
then it crashed chiba's gekka with its hand
while shrugging off a sword swipe that cuts normal KMF's in half

damn it
too late
Old 2008-07-28, 10:47   Link #3125
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Re-reading...okay, she got trashed by Jeremiah upon her Glasgow's debut, soon after it, she piloted a Burai once and that was trashed in the same episode it was introduced in, and...lesser? That radiation arm on the Guren Mk II had an advantage over nearly anything the Britannians had, excluding particle shielding, and, then, at least, the VARIS. Don't see how that's lesser equipment.
I'm still waiting for you to answer the questions about Gino and the rest of Britannia's perception that she has skills
Old 2008-07-28, 10:49   Link #3126
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Okay. She has skills. Can't be denied that those skills were brought about, showcased, at least, thanks to her getting that upgrade.
Old 2008-07-28, 10:49   Link #3127
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
They made the Mordred look good by having it obliterate a cruiser with sheer, raw firepower, and also by having it crush a Frame with its bare hands and also by having it survive a strike that would have cleaved any normal KMF in two. They made it look good to me.
I didn't really see those moments as such personally but I guess that is my own bias as I personally found the Mordred to be a bit lackluster.
Old 2008-07-28, 10:50   Link #3128
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

All this mech talk reminds me of Formula 1. Its difficult to tell who are the great drivers and who just has great cars. But watch enough of it and you can start to see..
Old 2008-07-28, 10:51   Link #3129
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
I'm still waiting for you to answer the questions about Gino and the rest of Britannia's perception that she has skills
I mean Gino has always been interested in her from R2 episode 6 to episode 9 and even with the recent event with him standing up for her with Lucanio's impulsiveness towards her.
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:53   Link #3130
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Okay. She has skills. Can't be denied that those skills were brought about, showcased, at least, thanks to her getting that upgrade.
Sure they were, and no doubt the upgrade helped or was even the deciding factor vs. 2 KotR. Kallen is one of the few that has fought almost all the named Brittanian's and either won, or held her own.
Old 2008-07-28, 10:55   Link #3131
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Don't know if the first part of your reply's sarcasm...eh.

Well, she is the only one, pretty much...
Old 2008-07-28, 10:56   Link #3132
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Sure they were, and no doubt the upgrade helped or was even the deciding factor vs. 2 KotR. Kallen is one of the few that has fought almost all the named Brittanian's and either won, or held her own.
But would she had still hold her own without those upgrades is the question, a pilot's skill is measured by the performance it displays by having a disadvantage against the enemy than the amount the specs it has in it's arsenal
Old 2008-07-28, 11:01   Link #3133
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
But would she had still hold her own without those upgrades is the question, a pilot's skill is measured by the performance it displays by having a disadvantage against the enemy than the amount the specs it has in it's arsenal

and using one machine with a float unit (which she never ever used before) against two enemy aces at the same time is not a disadvantage
Old 2008-07-28, 11:07   Link #3134
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
and using one machine with a float unit (which she never ever used before) against two enemy aces at the same time is not a disadvantage
You forgot a few important details; A new "armor-piercing bombardment-type" radiant wave surger arm replaces the old one. This new arm matches the Knightmare's color scheme, though the forearm is dark gray and the fingers are still silver. In addition to its close-range blast, the new radiant wave surger arm can also fire a concentrated long-range beam or a wide-range blast. The long-range beam can eliminate multiple targets in a single shot. The wide-range blast, though not as destructive, cripples any Knightmares caught in it, and can still destroy weaker craft such as helicopters. Another addition to Guren's arsenal is the 'Gefjun Net', a series of small, fast-moving drones launched from the back of the Guren that surround an enemy Knightmare and release a Gefjun Disturber surge, immobilizing it. Now if that's not hax I don't know what is, now would she put up a fair fight without all of those is my question.
Old 2008-07-28, 11:07   Link #3135
orangejuicetang

Well, aparently reading the instruction manuel is all it takes for one to be an excellent at that particular thing. Suzuku instantly piloting the Lancealot perfectly after reading the instruction manuel is hax. Kallen piloting the new float unit agianst two enemy aces perfectly thanks to reading the advanatage is skill. Either they are both skill or both hax.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 11:12   Link #3136
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Well, aparently reading the instruction manuel is all it takes for one to be an excellent at that particular thing. Suzuku instantly piloting the Lancealot perfectly after reading the instruction manuel is hax. Kallen piloting the new float unit agianst two enemy aces perfectly thanks to reading the advanatage is skill. Either they are both skill or both hax.
They're both hax by these standards, also Raksahta asked Kallen if she read the manual for the new features when she was plummeting to her death remember
Old 2008-07-28, 11:13   Link #3137
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
You forgot a few important details; A new "armor-piercing bombardment-type" radiant wave surger arm replaces the old one. This new arm matches the Knightmare's color scheme, though the forearm is dark gray and the fingers are still silver. In addition to its close-range blast, the new radiant wave surger arm can also fire a concentrated long-range beam or a wide-range blast. The long-range beam can eliminate multiple targets in a single shot. The wide-range blast, though not as destructive, cripples any Knightmares caught in it, and can still destroy weaker craft such as helicopters. Another addition to Guren's arsenal is the 'Gefjun Net', a series of small, fast-moving drones launched from the back of the Guren that surround an enemy Knightmare and release a Gefjun Disturber surge, immobilizing it. Now if that's not hax I don't know what is, now would she put up a fair fight without all of those is my question.
I guess you guys are right.. she should just quit fighting unless she gets an upgrade. I'm not sure why everyone watches the show with all the Hax..

How else are the Black Knights supposed to hang with Britania if there is not a little Hax and good pilots?
Old 2008-07-28, 11:18   Link #3138
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
I guess you guys are right.. she should just quit fighting unless she gets an upgrade. I'm not sure why everyone watches the show with all the Hax..

How else are the Black Knights supposed to hang with Britania if there is not a little Hax and good pilots?
There's nothing bad with upgrades everyone gets them but how can you judge someone skill as a pilot from just A) Reading a manual and suddenly kicking everyone's ass who's trained hard for years, its an insult to them and the viewer or B) Receiving mid flight upgrades during the heat of battle and just in the nick of time stopping to high ranking soldiers from ganging up on by stopping their operation systems.
Old 2008-07-28, 11:19   Link #3139
KallenMiki
~=Live for Existence=~

I hate to see anyone will pilot the Guren! I want Kallen! T_T
Old 2008-07-28, 11:20   Link #3140
Var
Banned

Quote:
I mean Gino has always been interested in her from R2 episode 6 to episode 9 and even with the recent event with him standing up for her with Lucanio's impulsiveness towards her.
Kallen is, as of what we know, the only person to have been able to somehow, be it by surprise or not, defeat Gino. He has faught Suzaku but he has never actually fought him seriously. More likely than not, Gino is dying for a rematch, and we can see it when he talks with Luciano. The 'Silver Spoon Knight' wants to get serious, you see it in his eyes at the end of his confrontation.

Which... is likely how the Tristan gets totalled.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote