AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-29, 09:25   Link #3281
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
You didn't ask me you ask what would make people hate Kallen, her personality in general gets on my nerves and in case you can't read I didn't say I hate her she just is not my favorite character
Do you know the difference between "don't like" and "hate"

You wrote that there are reasons to HATE her ( if you don't remember, read your post again). Now state it? Or is trolling the only thing your are capable of( (yes, i know, feeding trolls are bad, but it just pisses me off)?

Now you said that you don't like her personality. Care to explain what exactly you don't like in her personality?



And just in case, I'm not Kallen fan ( burn in hell Lelouch X Kallen, C.C. FTW).
But i like her character and want her to survive ( mostly so that she will see Lelouch and C.C. children: and so that she can hook up with Rolo ( Rolo will not die)uhoh:...well, i'm bastard)
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:26   Link #3282
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
Do you know the difference between "don't like" and "hate"

You wrote that there are reasons to HATE her ( if you don't remember, read your post again). Now state it? Or is trolling the only thing your are capable of( (yes, i know, feeding trolls are bad, but it just pisses me off)?

Now you said that you don't like her personality. Care to explain what exactly you don't like in her personality?



And just in case, I'm not Kallen fan ( burn in hell Lelouch X Kallen, C.C. FTW).
But i like her character and want her to survive ( mostly so that she will see Lelouch and C.C. children: and so that she can hook up with Rolo ( Rolo will not die)uhoh:...well, i'm bastard)
I don't hate Kallen. I really want to like her. But I am getting frustrated. She hasn't done anything significant. This is Yoko all over again. She needs a storyline to make her own. If we saw her begin to plot against Zero for instance...that would be interesting but no she she's just gonna stay with him because of a few choice words and now she's not gonna fight for Japan but for Lelouch making her an even bigger hypocrite than Suzaku.
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:28   Link #3283
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In His Majesties Service.
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
3) Every show, every anime series has fanservice. Deal with it. And I laugh, 'Oh, just a piece of meat for others to drool over', when have we seen this in the series? Only one person has ever made any kind of hit on her, and that, of course, is Gino. He certainly didn't drool like a ravenous hound, did he?
Ah well at least it seems ChiChi is getting more fan service now and Cornelias getting some as well being bound up and all.

Hopefully it'll balance itself out because Kallen's was, excessive shall we say.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:29   Link #3284
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
that would be interesting but no she she's just gonna stay with him because of a few choice words and now she's not gonna fight for Japan but for Lelouch making her an even bigger hypocrite than Suzaku.
... How does that make her a hypocrite? She changes her values and follows them with according actions. It's not like what she's doing and why she's doing it are in contradiction of each other.
__________________
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:31   Link #3285
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
... How does that make her a hypocrite? She changes her values and follows them with according actions. It's not like what she's doing and why she's doing it are in contradiction of each other.
She was fighting for Japan's liberation and if Ougi, the person she grew up with and known longer with Lelouch disagrees with his actions, she would have abandon all she stood for just to be by his side
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:31   Link #3286
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
I don't hate Kallen. I really want to like her. But I am getting frustrated. She hasn't done anything significant. This is Yoko all over again. She needs a storyline to make her own. If we saw her begin to plot against Zero for instance...that would be interesting but no she she's just gonna stay with him because of a few choice words and now she's not gonna fight for Japan but for Lelouch making her an even bigger hypocrite than Suzaku.
Hypocrite ? How does that make her hypocrite? Do you even know what "hypocrite" means ?

And how is it that she hasn't done anything significant? Did you watch the mecha part of show? She saved Lelouch's butt many times. She helped to create the most epic cliffhanger in the universe (end of S1). Her actions help OoTBK win in battles.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
She was fighting for Japan's liberation and if Ougi, the person she grew up with and known longer with Lelouch disagrees with his actions, she would have abandon all she stood for just to be by his side
You clearly don't know what hypocrite means.
She would be hypocrite if she would say " I'm the ace of the black knights, and i fight for Japan" while frying BK with her arm under Lelouch's command - yes, that would be hypocrisy ( though, you have to wonder, who will make Japan free: Lelouch or OoTBK).
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:31   Link #3287
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
It was only ever excessive in the case of the first two episodes with the bunny suit thing, and that little slip-up in the Chinese embassy with a towel. After that, things settled down, relatively.

And why would Kallen plot against the person that she is most loyal to? The one that got her and her friends where they are, the, oh, I don't know, only person in their group capable of leading them to Japan's liberation? You say following on a few choice words is stupid, I say Kallen going, 'Oh, I'm going to plot against my leader, and the only one who can free my people and nation for shits and giggles' is absolutely inane and asinine.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:32   Link #3288
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
She was fighting for Japan's liberation and if Ougi, the person she grew up with and known longer with Lelouch disagrees with his actions, she would have abandon all she stood for just to be by his side
That doesn't make her a hypocrite, it makes her a traitor.
__________________
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:32   Link #3289
honeypie_0106
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
She is a supporting cast.

The story is about lelouch geass adventures, whatever her role maybe, its primary goal is to "support" the main character.

I think she is doing it well, but we have different opinions.
honeypie_0106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:37   Link #3290
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Heh... It is actually refreshing to see a thread that isn't the Suzaku thread delve into a mess of "This character sucks/no she doesn't!" <.<
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:38   Link #3291
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
Hypocrite ? How does that make her hypocrite? Do you even know what "hypocrite" means ?

And how is it that she hasn't done anything significant? Did you watch the mecha part of show? She saved Lelouch's butt many times. She helped to create the most epic cliffhanger in the universe (end of S1). Her actions help OoTBK win in battles.
Complete BS, she kept Lelouch alive big deal so has C.C. and even Suzaku that doesn't make her significanct.

Hypocrism is the act of preaching a certain belief or way of life, but not, in fact, holding these same virtues oneself. For example, Kallen is a Britannian-Eleven girl, who believes herself to be a Japanese person at heart and prefers to be known by her birth name. Her father is Britannian and her mother is an Eleven; her father comes from a prestigious Britannian family, which Kallen benefits from. Her brother, Naoto Kōzuki, with whom she had a deep connection, was a former leader of the resistance organization before his death. How would he feel about helping the same person in which the organization he created doesn't agree with.
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:38   Link #3292
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie_0106 View Post
She is a supporting cast.

The story is about lelouch geass adventures, whatever her role maybe, its primary goal is to "support" the main character.

I think she is doing it well, but we have different opinions.
Well, it's only my opinion, but i think her role is "And ordinary human, who is a little involved with Geass, the mysterious power, that controls this world).
It's really a bad comparison( did i use the right word?), but she is similar to Saji from G00, whose fate is being twisted by main "Powers"
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:40   Link #3293
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In His Majesties Service.
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
She was fighting for Japan's liberation and if Ougi, the person she grew up with and known longer with Lelouch disagrees with his actions, she would have abandon all she stood for just to be by his side
Ougi? The same person who was so interested in Villeta he completely forgot about her and had to be reminded by laksharta that this was an opportunity to rescue kallen?

Also Kallen having doubt's makes her, i don't know more human. People reevalute there priorities as time goes on.

As much as some people don't like to admit it it was Zero that got them this far, he's the glue that holds them all together. Kalllen may simply belive that the OotBk without Zero has less chance of defeating Britannia than Zero without the OotBK.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:41   Link #3294
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Ougi? The same person who was so interested in Villeta he completely forgot about her and had to be reminded by laksharta that this was an opportunity to rescue kallen?

Also Kallen having doubt's makes her, i don't know more human. People reevalute there priorities as time goes on.

As much as some people don't like to admit it it was Zero that got them this far, he's the glue that holds them all together. Kalllen may simply belive that the OotBk without Zero has less chance of defeating Britannia than Zero without the OotBK.
Well I feel stupid now
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:42   Link #3295
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post

Hypocrism is the act of preaching a certain belief or way of life, but not, in fact, holding these same virtues oneself.
Okay.

And you make a pathetic counter not even related to that based around a what-if. 'Oh, what if Naoto was still alive?' I think if he was, he would still support Zero, because under his command, the BKs actually did something. And he'd probably go down the same path as Kallen did afater discovering he's a Brit. No sign of hypocrisy, whatsoever.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:44   Link #3296
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
Complete BS, she kept Lelouch alive big deal so has C.C. and even Suzaku that doesn't make her significanct.

Hypocrism is the act of preaching a certain belief or way of life, but not, in fact, holding these same virtues oneself. For example, Kallen is a Britannian-Eleven girl, who believes herself to be a Japanese person at heart and prefers to be known by her birth name. Her father is Britannian and her mother is an Eleven; her father comes from a prestigious Britannian family, which Kallen benefits from. Her brother, Naoto Kōzuki, with whom she had a deep connection, was a former leader of the resistance organization before his death. How would he feel about helping the same person in which the organization he created doesn't agree with.
First, the word is hypocrisy, not hypocrism. Second, values can change. Third, you're mixing up betrayal and hypocrisy again.
__________________
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:44   Link #3297
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
Complete BS, she kept Lelouch alive big deal so has C.C. and even Suzaku that doesn't make her significanct.

Hypocrism is the act of preaching a certain belief or way of life, but not, in fact, holding these same virtues oneself. For example, Kallen is a Britannian-Eleven girl, who believes herself to be a Japanese person at heart and prefers to be known by her birth name. Her father is Britannian and her mother is an Eleven; her father comes from a prestigious Britannian family, which Kallen benefits from. Her brother, Naoto Kōzuki, with whom she had a deep connection, was a former leader of the resistance organization before his death. How would he feel about helping the same person in which the organization he created doesn't agree with.
Resistance organization which her brother created? Do you mean a terrorist group of ~10 man, which does not exist now?
If she will join Lelouch, isn't that because she likes him and believes he is the only who can make her dream true? How is that her not following her belief in Free Japan, if she believes that only following Lelouch she can achieve Free Japan? Especially when OoTBK and UFN will go to hell after nuclear strike( no one will want to mess with nuclear bomb-wielding Britannia...except for our magnificent bastard Lelouch and his Evil Eye)
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:45   Link #3298
honeypie_0106
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
Well I feel stupid now
Well, I think some people may agree on that.
honeypie_0106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:45   Link #3299
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Okay.

And you make a pathetic counter not even related to that based around a what-if. 'Oh, what if Naoto was still alive?' I think if he was, he would still support Zero, because under his command, the BKs actually did something. And he'd probably go down the same path as Kallen did afater discovering he's a Brit. No sign of hypocrisy, whatsoever.
It's too bad we know a thing about his personality to prove this reasoning, Ougi said the same thing and now he's going against Zero, now what does that say? or you didn't read my entire post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
First, the word is hypocrisy, not hypocrism. Second, values can change. Third, you're mixing up betrayal and hypocrisy again.
So from what your saying is that Kallen's values can change and no one else because that would be labeled as hypocrites

True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:49   Link #3300
honeypie_0106
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
Complete BS, she kept Lelouch alive big deal so has C.C. and even Suzaku that doesn't make her significanct.

Hypocrism is the act of preaching a certain belief or way of life, but not, in fact, holding these same virtues oneself. For example, Kallen is a Britannian-Eleven girl, who believes herself to be a Japanese person at heart and prefers to be known by her birth name. Her father is Britannian and her mother is an Eleven; her father comes from a prestigious Britannian family, which Kallen benefits from. Her brother, Naoto Kōzuki, with whom she had a deep connection, was a former leader of the resistance organization before his death. How would he feel about helping the same person in which the organization he created doesn't agree with.
Naoto did not create the black knights. Zero created OOBK. It is what it is because of Zero.

Naoto gave her the dream of freeing Japan, she is fulfilling that dream. Ougi is only a member of OOBK with a high ranking position.

Because as of CG R1, Ougi couldn't even manage his little group of rebels.
honeypie_0106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.