AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-01, 20:11   Link #3681
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Here's the thing, its not about what's good for "her" its what's good for Japan and she's just letting her feelings get in the way of what's good for everyone else, it's obvious that they knew they were being used infact Ougii and Todou made that clear in episode 5 but they retaliated in episode 8 by mentioning if Zero's intentions aren't for Japan then they don't want anything to do with it.
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 20:34   Link #3682
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
Here's the thing, its not about what's good for "her" its what's good for Japan and she's just letting her feelings get in the way of what's good for everyone else, it's obvious that they knew they were being used infact Ougii and Todou made that clear in episode 5 but they retaliated in episode 8 by mentioning if Zero's intentions aren't for Japan then they don't want anything to do with it.
In Code Geass, people let their feelings get in the way of their thinking all the time though . Look at Viletta for example, what reason does she have to go over to Ougi's side? She has been loyal to britannia, and it has been stated that she worked hard to become a Baron because she wants to improve things for her younger brothers and ensure that her descendants gets a better lot in life (because the title of knight only lasts for one generation). Or take Lelouch; he should just have Geassed Suzaku or had him killed as soon as he got to know that he was the Lancelot, but, no, what does he do? He ensures the guy's survival several times... . The thing is that the people in Code Geass are human. Most characters aren't the sort of cold-thinking bastards (like Yagami Light or Akagi) who would stop at nothing and/or forsake everything to gainw hat they want - not even Lelouch...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 21:18   Link #3683
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
In Code Geass, people let their feelings get in the way of their thinking all the time though . Look at Viletta for example, what reason does she have to go over to Ougi's side? She has been loyal to britannia, and it has been stated that she worked hard to become a Baron because she wants to improve things for her younger brothers and ensure that her descendants gets a better lot in life (because the title of knight only lasts for one generation). Or take Lelouch; he should just have Geassed Suzaku or had him killed as soon as he got to know that he was the Lancelot, but, no, what does he do? He ensures the guy's survival several times... . The thing is that the people in Code Geass are human. Most characters aren't the sort of cold-thinking bastards (like Yagami Light or Akagi) who would stop at nothing and/or forsake everything to gainw hat they want - not even Lelouch...
I can't argue with that, its annoying but very much true to real life I suppose
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 21:19   Link #3684
UFO888
CC The Moe
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
In Code Geass, people let their feelings get in the way of their thinking all the time though . Look at Viletta for example, what reason does she have to go over to Ougi's side? She has been loyal to britannia, and it has been stated that she worked hard to become a Baron because she wants to improve things for her younger brothers and ensure that her descendants gets a better lot in life (because the title of knight only lasts for one generation). Or take Lelouch; he should just have Geassed Suzaku or had him killed as soon as he got to know that he was the Lancelot, but, no, what does he do? He ensures the guy's survival several times... . The thing is that the people in Code Geass are human. Most characters aren't the sort of cold-thinking bastards (like Yagami Light or Akagi) who would stop at nothing and/or forsake everything to gainw hat they want - not even Lelouch...
And that is why I drop deathnote after 10 episodes, but get addict to codegeass up until now

I keep hearing about kallen brother. So is he a japanese or what? and how come he makes a terrorist group to fight britinia?
__________________
UFO888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 21:24   Link #3685
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO888 View Post
And that is why I drop deathnote after 10 episodes, but get addict to codegeass up until now

I keep hearing about kallen brother. So is he a japanese or what? and how come he makes a terrorist group to fight britinia?
Yeah he's Japanese as to why he formed the group, he was probably sick of Britannia like everyone else and apparently Ougi, Minami, Tamaki and especially Kallen hold him that in that regard, heaven know why
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 21:27   Link #3686
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
I can't argue with that, its annoying but very much true to real life I suppose
Real life is a very strange thing at times . Anyway, we'll see what happens, But because of the circumstances, I think both scenarios are believeable as things are.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 22:08   Link #3687
amjzz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Just wondering....what did suzaku told kallen that made her angry?.
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 22:10   Link #3688
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
Just wondering....what did suzaku told kallen that made her angry?.
Uh, he told her that he was sorry apparently (for trying to use Refrain on her and all that), but Kallen was apparently of the opinion that a simple "sorry" wasn't enough
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 22:17   Link #3689
amjzz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Whoa...and she did that when he apologized for have TRYED to use it...i wonder which would be her reaction if suzaku apologized for use it...
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 22:19   Link #3690
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
Whoa...and she did that when he apologized for have TRYED to use it...i wonder which would be her reaction if suzaku apologized for use it...
The beating he actually got + a HARD kick in the family jewels, I'd bet...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 22:20   Link #3691
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
Whoa...and she did that when he apologized for have TRYED to use it...i wonder which would be her reaction if suzaku apologized for use it...
Her reaction? Well you see if he did use it then half of episode 16 would have been Suzaku's funeral.
__________________
Bennyswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 22:25   Link #3692
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
He'd have been better off not trying to apologize. He couldn't honestly have expected any better reaction. "Sorry I tried to drug you, we cool?" Really now, Suzaku, you could have done better.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 22:27   Link #3693
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
He'd have been better off not trying to apologize. He couldn't honestly have expected any better reaction. "Sorry I tried to drug you, we cool?" Really now, Suzaku, you could have done better.
Better say something than nothing right? He wasn't expecting nothing less apparently coming from her
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 22:28   Link #3694
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Well I'm pretty sure he was well aware of what was coming when he came in to apologize.

Though I don't see what else he should've handled it except ignore it.

And as we all know, Suzaku is a mascochist.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 22:31   Link #3695
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
Better say something than nothing right? He wasn't expecting nothing less apparently coming from her
in this case, nothing is better than a hollow apology. Like Kallen said, there are some things you just don't do.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 22:33   Link #3696
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Apologizing wasn't for Kallen, if he wanted to do something for her, he'd have just stayed away. His apology is for himself, to make himself feel at a least a less in the wrong.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 22:33   Link #3697
amjzz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
But seriously....if he can talk to her while the cell is "on" why he put the cell in "off" and gave her a chance to hit him?.
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 22:36   Link #3698
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
But seriously....if he can talk to her while the cell is "on" why he put the cell in "off" and gave her a chance to hit him?.
Why do people never try to block being slapped/punched for doing something wrong? Because it gives them some sort of 'I've been paid back' feeling. Its a person's attempt to make their apology somehow mean more.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 22:39   Link #3699
amjzz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Why do people never try to block being slapped/punched for doing something wrong? Because it gives them some sort of 'I've been paid back' feeling. Its a person's attempt to make their apology somehow mean more.
But...he was not even sure that he was wrong...he just had a guilty feeling...and it was enough. (Not saying that he isnt wrong, he is wrong...but he doesnt have a reason that tells him that is wrong).

Also, why kallen dont used that moment for escape...even if susaku is fast she could had tryed...after hit him some times...
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 22:39   Link #3700
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
He knows he was wrong, which is why he apologized. He did not consider his behavior correct.

I like how this ties in with Mao's speech in R1 episode 16. If it weren't for the live Geass Suzaku would be dead by now.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.