AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-16, 17:35   Link #4821
Micante
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
I thought Kallen's immediate reaction to Gino saying they should "enjoy" being on the battlefield as well as Gino's obvious jealousy of Lelouch for the loyalty Kallen has towards him were pretty good signs that something is being developed there. And of course Gino has previously displayed an interest in Kallen's well-being, stopping Bloodsucker from doing who-knows-what to her and even asking if she would consider joining Britannia. Saying that GinoKallen would be "bad storytelling" regardless of how it's done is just Kalulu fans trying to attack any possible threat to their pairing. There very much is potential for GinoKallen to evolve tastefully, but I don't think it will happen since I get the feeling Kallen is going to die by the end of the series.
I don't see any jealousy there. Gino didn't look like whether Kallen chose Kozuki or Stadtfield mattered that much to him. She was most likely just an object of curiosity for Gino while waiting for Suzaku.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 17:37   Link #4822
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Second. I see no jealousy there. Gino's friendly, and not much else.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 17:37   Link #4823
Discerptor
ANIUE!111
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
I was referring to the scene where he tells Kallen Zero has appeared, in episode 18. All the picture book scene did to advance GinoKallen was have him put that proposal on the table and acknowledge to her face that he thinks of her as more than just some Eleven.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 17:39   Link #4824
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
There wasn't any jealously there. Gino is friendly but he has his duty. He just told her matter of factly that she wasn't going anywhere, in a sense.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 17:39   Link #4825
yvj
U Mad?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
I thought Kallen's immediate reaction to Gino saying they should "enjoy" being on the battlefield as well as Gino's obvious jealousy of Lelouch for the loyalty Kallen has towards him were pretty good signs that something is being developed there. And of course Gino has previously displayed an interest in Kallen's well-being, stopping Bloodsucker from doing who-knows-what to her and even asking if she would consider joining Britannia. Saying that GinoKallen would be "bad storytelling" regardless of how it's done is just Kalulu fans trying to attack any possible threat to their pairing. There very much is potential for GinoKallen to evolve tastefully, but I don't think it will happen since I get the feeling Kallen is going to die by the end of the series.
I'm sorry but you can almost count the amount of lines of dialog/interactions between Kallen and Gino on one hand. If a relationship can develop out of this, this late in the game between two enemies. With Both enemies having probably killed comrades of the other on the battlefield. It will be one of the most forced pairings I have ever had the displeasure of seeing. Whether your a kalulu fan or not it surprises me that some don't see how crappy that kind of writing is.

I am not saying it can't happen. There is a chance. There's also a chance for the sun not to come up to tomorrow. In both cases its a bad thing.
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 17:39   Link #4826
cupahe
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
I thought Kallen's immediate reaction to Gino saying they should "enjoy" being on the battlefield as well as Gino's obvious jealousy of Lelouch for the loyalty Kallen has towards him were pretty good signs that something is being developed there. And of course Gino has previously displayed an interest in Kallen's well-being, stopping Bloodsucker from doing who-knows-what to her and even asking if she would consider joining Britannia. Saying that GinoKallen would be "bad storytelling" regardless of how it's done is just Kalulu fans trying to attack any possible threat to their pairing. There very much is potential for GinoKallen to evolve tastefully, but I don't think it will happen since I get the feeling Kallen is going to die by the end of the series.
If only I were a KallenLelouch fan.

i think youre over doing just how much gino has done for kallen, he did not 'save' her from the bloodsucker. saving would imply that he actually went in and fought him off, the man was doing nothing but blowing smoke. Im also curious as to this obvious jealousy, do you mean his chat to her at the start of 18? the japanese forms used would imply more hostility towards her desires not towards zero. had gino gotten his way on the battlefield to 'enjoy' the fight, he'd have been dead. that, if anything, set up a rivalry.

my problem is not whether or not they can do it its more that it ruins the general pasing of this show when in relation to said subplot and in some ways reduces kallens reason of getting caught to 'to meet gino'. running out of fuel was circumstancial enough, then shoving this in is strating to push it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
I was referring to the scene where he tells Kallen Zero has appeared, in episode 18. All the picture book scene did to advance GinoKallen was have him put that proposal on the table and acknowledge to her face that he thinks of her as more than just some Eleven.
there was no jealousy there, as i said, he was attacking her dreams not zero. if it was jealousy thered be a different tense or word ending on what he said

as for the picture book i think that more set up that he believed kallen meant something to suzaku
cupahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 17:39   Link #4827
Discerptor
ANIUE!111
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
There was no reason for him to go there and gauge her reaction if he was just doing his duty.

Quote:
I'm sorry but you can almost count the amount of lines of dialog/interactions between Kallen and Gino on one hand.
And there are even fewer interactions between Kallen and Lelouch that suggest any sort of romance. Quality over quantity. Personally, I'd find Kallen getting involved with Lelouch romantically after what he tried to do in R2 Episode 7 unsettling to say the least.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 17:39   Link #4828
Micante
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
I was referring to the scene where he tells Kallen Zero has appeared, in episode 18. All the picture book scene did to advance GinoKallen was have him put that proposal on the table and acknowledge to her face that he thinks of her as more than just some Eleven.
What did you expect him to say other than, "You won't be freed as long as Tristan and I am here"?

"Alright, Kozuki, here's the keys to your Gurren. Have fun on the battlefield! Tell Suzaku I said hi."
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 17:41   Link #4829
yvj
U Mad?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
There was no reason for him to go there and gauge her reaction if he was just doing his duty.

How about to see if she will turn on her friends? Give them up for the safety of royalty?
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 17:41   Link #4830
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
What did you expect him to say other than, "You won't be freed as long as Tristan and I am here"?

"Alright, Kozuki, here's the keys to your Gurren. Have fun on the battlefield! Tell Suzaku I said hi."


It would have been funny if he had actually said this, then added "Naaa, just kidding".
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 17:42   Link #4831
sparkle_14310
Black King x Red Queen
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
more likely its from watching lulu falls apart (her own pain on the subject could only give her a hint of what he must be feeling)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
I thought Kallen's immediate reaction to Gino saying they should "enjoy" being on the battlefield as well as Gino's obvious jealousy of Lelouch for the loyalty Kallen has towards him were pretty good signs that something is being developed there. And of course Gino has previously displayed an interest in Kallen's well-being, stopping Bloodsucker from doing who-knows-what to her and even asking if she would consider joining Britannia. Saying that GinoKallen would be "bad storytelling" regardless of how it's done is just Kalulu fans trying to attack any possible threat to their pairing. There very much is potential for GinoKallen to evolve tastefully, but I don't think it will happen since I get the feeling Kallen is going to die by the end of the series.
Yeah it might be her crying for Lelouch's sake I think that's possible so I can't wait to see tommorrow. And as for the the GinoxKallen thing I am a total Kalulu fan and my youtube account would show it. But even I don't think GinoKallen is that bad. Although I disagree with you on one thing Discerptor I don't think Kallen is going to die considering she's suppose to be one of the few people who remains with Lulu killing her is like asking Lelouch to go crazy and destory the world.
__________________


Kallen...I have never feared death my only fear is a is a world without you.
sparkle_14310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 17:43   Link #4832
Discerptor
ANIUE!111
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
How about to see if she will turn on her friends? Give them up for the safety of royalty?
Gino's not stupid enough to think she'd do that in the middle of a battle. And what royalty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle_14310
Although I disagree with you on one thing Discerptor I don't think Kallen is going to die considering she's suppose to be one of the few people who remains with Lulu killing her is like asking Lelouch to go crazy and destory the world.
I thought that's what Nunnally dying was for.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 17:44   Link #4833
cupahe
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
There was no reason for him to go there and gauge her reaction if he was just doing his duty.

And there are even fewer interactions between Kallen and Lelouch that suggest any sort of romance. Quality over quantity. Personally, I'd find Kallen getting involved with Lelouch romantically after what he tried to do in R2 Episode 7 unsettling to say the least.
go there and gauge her reaction? he did not go there he was there from the previous episode it was the conclusion to their discussion where she turned down his offer

what? 2,5,7,9,10, all the time with Nunally... what?
cupahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 17:45   Link #4834
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
Gino's not stupid enough to think she'd do that in the middle of a battle. And what royalty?
"Nobility" is probably what he meant. I think you're trying to inflate Gino's importance in an effort to ignore everything else.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 17:47   Link #4835
yvj
U Mad?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
Gino's not stupid enough to think she'd do that in the middle of a battle. And what royalty?
Refresh my memory when he wasn't talking about Suz doesn't he chat her up about her last name ? If I recall correctly he did passively attempt to get her to switch sides when they had one of their many-limited interactions.

Yet he's stupid enough for some to believe he would let her out in her new hi tech robot to fight him one on one.
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 17:49   Link #4836
Discerptor
ANIUE!111
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupahe View Post
go there and gauge her reaction? he did not go there he was there from the previous episode it was the conclusion to their discussion where she turned down his offer

what? 2,5,7,9,10, all the time with Nunally... what?
There wasn't a hint of romance in any of those episodes with the exception of Episode 10, but you missed one in Episode 3... and in fact Lelouch tried to commit an act of hostility towards Kallen in Episode 7. I also fail to see how talking to Nunnally counts as a romantic encounter with Lelouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist
"Nobility" is probably what he meant. I think you're trying to inflate Gino's importance in an effort to ignore everything else.
When did I try to inflate his importance? I'm merely showing that there IS something that could be tastefully developed. GinoKallen wouldn't mean "bad storytelling." That's quite the inflated opinion for people who dislike the pairing to have.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 17:52   Link #4837
cupahe
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
There wasn't a hint of romance in any of those episodes with the exception of Episodes 2 and 10... and in fact Lelouch tried to commit an act of hostility towards Kallen in Episode 7. I also fail to see how talking to Nunnally counts as a romantic encounter with Lelouch.
what? 9 had some of the most blatant hint of romance unless women normally don't just climb off of men when in awkward positions. 7 had hints from her and him or did you miss his attempt to run after her? oh right i forgot 11 too

when a captive of an enemy that may very well kill you at any time and the only thing you can seem to think of is 'Lelouch' you know that something is... there. i did not say it was developing both of them but it certainly was developing kallen
cupahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 17:54   Link #4838
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
There wasn't a hint of romance in any of those episodes with the exception of Episodes 2 and 10... and in fact Lelouch tried to commit an act of hostility towards Kallen in Episode 7. I also fail to see how talking to Nunnally counts as a romantic encounter with Lelouch.
Then you need to watch again. She almost let him kiss him and only snapped out of it at the last minute, plus she came their to tell him something before getting sidetracked. All those talks with Nunnally have allowed her to know Lelouch better, and she was the one asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
When did I try to inflate his importance? I'm merely showing that there IS something that could be tastefully developed. GinoKallen wouldn't mean "bad storytelling." That's quite the inflated opinion for people who dislike the pairing to have.
By suggesting that somehow their grand total of one or two conversations (can't remember if they ever talked before 17/18) somehow amounts to a developing relationship in light of all the development towards Lelouch. I'm sorry, but it's rather convenient in light of your "0% chance" declaration a page or so back.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 17:56   Link #4839
Vito
Asshole.
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: EU
I seriously wonder if we're watching the same show here. Yeah... Gino and Kallen had some dialogue together... that's about it, there was nothing too romantic to it. Yeah ... they could pair them up based on that in the next 7 eps and rush something.

But again, that means all the Kallen and Lelouch moments would be for what? The awkward moment when Kallen fell on top of him, the fact that she initiated the dialogue with nunally about lelouch, the slapping part where she runs away and checks if he might be coming after her. Oh and Lelouch suprising C.C. by telling Kallen they'd be rescuing her when she was captured. And let's also ignore the stories in newtype and drama cds where Kallen had a pretty big crush on Zero (S1, though the stories were more comedy than anything seriously relevant to the plot).

But gotta love now that there's no more korean spoilers all the lelouch haters (and suzaku fans) are out and doing their best to bash the current plotline while calling kalulu fans biased. Well, unfortunately the current plot heading is in their favour.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 17:56   Link #4840
Discerptor
ANIUE!111
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupahe View Post
what? 9 had some of the most blatant hint of romance unless women normally don't just climb off of men when in awkward positions. 7 had hints from her and him or did you miss his attempt to run after her? oh right i forgot 11 too

when a captive of an enemy that may very well kill you at any time and the only thing you can seem to think of is 'Lelouch' you know that something is... there. i did not say it was developing both of them but it certainly was developing kallen
So... by your logic, Suzaku has a thing for Shirley and attempted sexual assault means true love. And what was in Eleven? She fought and got captured... Lelouch got pissed that he lost his ace pilot... battle plays out and episode ends. And yes, well, it helps to think about a person often when the person that visits you most you only know through that person. And there's also the fact she's only in there because she's Zero's soldier. But no, let's read romance everywhere when it's Kalulu and ignore it otherwise.

morbos: I've already addressed everything you said, with the exception of a clarification on the 0% part: I find it very unlikely more because of Lelouch than because of Kallen. I don't see Lelouch ending up with anyone. Add to that the fact that I believe Kallen will die, and you can see why I think it's so unlikely. And when did I say I found GinoKallen to be much higher than that, or even likely at all? My only point has been that it wouldn't necessarily be "bad storytelling," as certain haughty individuals have suggested.

Vito: I don't like either Leloucb or Suzaku all that much (didn't vote for either one in the poll), I like where the current storyline is headed, and I've always considered Kalulu fans biased to a silly degree. The rest of your post has already been addressed.

Last edited by Discerptor; 2008-08-16 at 18:02. Reason: boldface to clarify for defensive peeps
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.