AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-21, 06:41   Link #641
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
She doesn't like to kill, though she knows she has to in order to achieve her goal. In that sense she's the same as Lelouch.
Hadn't she excused herself several times before activating the Radiation Wave during R1 and R2? (That would be a nice contrast to Suzaku's "I won't excuse myself anymore" cold-killer attitude)
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 06:43   Link #642
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Hadn't she excused herself several times before activating the Radiation Wave during R1 and R2?
She apologised to Jeremiah before destroying his Sutherland, if that's what you're asking about.
Old 2008-05-21, 06:44   Link #643
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
She apologised to Jeremiah before destroying his Sutherland, if that's what you're asking about.
I think she did the same in ep 26 the first time they showed her using it back, or maybe was it against one of the Glaston Knights in ep 29? I'll check when I can.
Old 2008-05-21, 07:34   Link #644
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
I think she did the same in ep 26 the first time they showed her using it back, or maybe was it against one of the Glaston Knights in ep 29? I'll check when I can.
i think that was when she was freeing the other members of the OotBK. she said something like "this battle has been decided since u took close range combat to me. See ya" then she blew him up =\ i think
Old 2008-05-21, 08:40   Link #645
Aquaman OS

That was only early on. Now she just blows people up without remorse.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 08:49   Link #646
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, I think the point is that she may be a warrior, but she doesn't take a lot of pleasure in killing and does it because she has to.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 16:48   Link #647
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, I think the point is that she may be a warrior, but she doesn't take a lot of pleasure in killing and does it because she has to.
best post so far Dann. I'm proud of you.

Old 2008-05-21, 20:36   Link #648
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

What's that mean? I may not like her with Lelouch, but that isn't going to stop me from posting actual info about her.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-22, 00:43   Link #649
Var
Banned

Quote:
What's that mean? I may not like her with Lelouch, but that isn't going to stop me from posting actual info about her.
I'm actually curious, since I don't think you've ever really said why, you don't think Kallen's character fits for Lelouch. Is it just preference? Or is there some plot or character reasons?
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 04:33   Link #650
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I can't really speak for Dann, but I feel like intellectually, Kallen and Lelouch don't mesh. Kallen might be considered intelligent in school, but it doesn't really translate well to what she does--when it comes to the OotBK, Kallen is the muscle, not the brains. The only things she really offers Lelouch are being a good pilot and being hot, basically. She's even said the one she respects is Zero, not Lelouch, and while she's coming to terms with the two being the same, I don't see much future in the relationship once Lelouch accomplishes his mission and "retires" Zero.

I'm not going to agonize over it if it happens (I've certainly seen far worse pairings in anime and they do get along fine), but it's always seemed to me that when intellect is pretty much what defines Lelouch, he'd be more interested in that aspect in girls as well.

And yeah, ep 7, I know, but he was about to shoot himself up with Refrain. I'd like to see how things go when he's in a proper state of mind.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 05:49   Link #651
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
I'm not going to agonize over it if it happens (I've certainly seen far worse pairings in anime and they do get along fine), but it's always seemed to me that when intellect is pretty much what defines Lelouch, he'd be more interested in that aspect in girls as well.
Lelouch considered Euphie to be his first love. Euphie, while having good intentions, isn't quite that bright.
Old 2008-05-22, 05:52   Link #652
Stretch5920

I definitely don't agree with k//eternal's opinion on smart people should have smart partners. It's personality, looks and life experiences that attract or repulse people from eachother.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 10:49   Link #653
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Well, Kallen is more the hardworking figure, both in academical and physical matters; as opposed to the two main "gifted" figures of the show:
-Suzaku the physical genius.
-Lelouch the intellectual genius.
Old 2008-05-22, 10:58   Link #654
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Don't bother arguing about Kallen. Everyone will tell you you're wrong if it isn't praise and the show will probably prove one wrong soon enough.

And Suzaku isn't a genius. He was given his abilities when he was a kid while Kallen got hers the normal way.

Old 2008-05-22, 11:18   Link #655
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Don't bother arguing about Kallen. Everyone will tell you you're wrong if it isn't praise and the show will probably prove one wrong soon enough.

And Suzaku isn't a genius. He was given his abilities when he was a kid while Kallen got hers the normal way.
I mean that Kallen is THE hardworking figure, that gives her most in everything she is doing: school, piloting. We always see her giving it all when she is piloting.

About the hardworker/genius comparison, it's just that:
-intellectually gifted Lelouch doesn't bother to be ranked first in school as this would be annoying.
-physically gifted haxxor spinning Suzaku (with magically gifted abilities gained in childhood) is presented as generally only half serious while piloting, and get powned each time he loses technical supremacy.

I might add that the hardworking figure is usually a very positive figure in most anime/manga. And I am a Kallen fan also for this!
Old 2008-05-22, 11:40   Link #656
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Lelouch doesn't bother because he doesn't want to draw attention to himself and by association his sister because there would be bad consequences.

Yes, Kallen is the example of a hardworking person who gains everything.

Old 2008-05-22, 12:16   Link #657
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, Kallen is the example of a hardworking person who gains everything.
Gains everything? You mean like having your brother killed and your mother a drug addict; that kind of gain everything?
Old 2008-05-22, 12:23   Link #658
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Loses things, but gains new things like purpose, love, freedom. All that.

Old 2008-05-22, 12:26   Link #659
Meatrose
Antihero

She might have gained a lot when it comes to personal traits, but so far nothing to make her happy. It's not like she can be considered lucky. She's a very nostalgic and emotional girl, so I'd like to think that being very smart or even an ace pilot has nothing to do with her happiness.
Old 2008-05-22, 12:27   Link #660
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I suppose as long as she can create a better world for her mother and loved ones, she'll be happy. I wonder if she'll go back to her mother in the end to take care of her.