AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-09, 01:56   Link #9221
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
Because people tend to lash out at the slightest implication that Lelouch or Kallen have conflicting feelings at the moment, even though they most evidently do. Anytime someone mentions them fighting or getting into some form of dissent, morbos or someone else comes out with "no, that would never happen!" even though at this point it totally could.
The main problem with the quote is that here, the "hate" is a word that is closer to having hatred/spite rather than just a simple falling out.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 01:58   Link #9222
Vakir
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
The main problem with the quote is that here, the "hate" is a word that is closer to having hatred/spite rather than just a simple falling out.
Who said it's just a simple falling out? Any number of things or misunderstandings can occur in the next two episodes, especially in this case where they're on two opposing sides of a god damn world conflict. You're constraining your thoughts to what you know now, but the truth is we can't predict who the quote comes from because we know jack and shit what will happen. The most we can do is predict it's not from Nunnally. Hell, it could be coming from SCHNEIZEL of all people. The fact is, there's nothing to indicate it doesn't come from Kallen unless you severely limit the possibilities for the sake of defending an ending that you're rabidly in support of.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 02:00   Link #9223
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
What has he done to make it seem like he hates C.C. or Nunnally? It's from a future episode. Shit can happen. Wisen up.
its more like what have they done to make him hate them
nunnaly is easy considering whats to come (she wouldnt call him lelouch tho)
C.C is also possible considering what she already did to him so far
kallen has yet to do something that would make him hate her (but we'll see)
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 02:03   Link #9224
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
Who said it's just a simple falling out? Any number of things or misunderstandings can occur in the next two episodes, especially in this case where they're on two opposing sides of a god damn world conflict. You're constraining your thoughts to what you know now, but the truth is we can't predict who the quote comes from because we know jack and shit what will happen. The most we can do is predict it's not from Nunnally. Hell, it could be coming from SCHNEIZEL of all people. The fact is, there's nothing to indicate it doesn't come from Kallen unless you severely limit the possibilities for the sake of defending an ending that you're rabidly in support of.
1. Do not contest a person who knows Japanese. The person who said the quote is a female, given the type of "I" used in the sentence.

2. If you don't know Japanese, learn to listen to those who do.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 02:03   Link #9225
Vakir
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
its more like what have they done to make him hate them
nunnaly is easy considering whats to come (she wouldnt call him lelouch tho)
C.C is also possible considering what she already did to him so far
kallen has yet to do something that would make him hate her (but we'll see)
Nunnally's already X'd out.

I don't think C.C. has any reason to think Lelouch would hate her. They're gone several episodes without mentioning a damn word about how she used him to die and CLAMP is still drawing them humping each other on most official artwork. If anything they're both so massively bitter and apathetic towards virtually everything that I doubt C.C. would give a fuck if Lelouch hated her: she'd only really care if he loved her, which has yet to be officially seen.

Why would Kallen hate him? How about fighting against him and his entire regime, genius?

Quote:
1. Do not contest a person who knows Japanese. The person who said the quote is a female, given the type of "I" used in the sentence.

2. If you don't know Japanese, learn to listen to those who do.
Right, it was "watashi." So it's a female.

So if potentially not C.C., who would have no reason to be hated and would've mentioned it a long time ago, who else if not Nunnally?
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 02:04   Link #9226
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
Nunnally's already X'd out.

I don't think C.C. has any reason to think Lelouch would hate her. They're gone several episodes without mentioning a damn word about how she used him to die and CLAMP is still drawing them humping each other on most official artwork. If anything they're both so massively bitter and apathetic towards virtually everything that I doubt C.C. would give a fuck if Lelouch hated her: she'd only really care if he loved her, which has yet to be officially seen.

Why would Kallen hate him? How about fighting against him and his entire regime, genius?
How about reading the quote in its original language, "genius"?
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 02:05   Link #9227
Vakir
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
How about reading the quote in its original language, "genius"?
So it's female.

How does that change that she could easily think he hated her if she fought against him? You're ignoring that little fact.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 02:09   Link #9228
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
So it's female.

How does that change that she could easily think he hated her if she fought against him? You're ignoring that little fact.
The "hate" is "" in Japanese. This word is specifically used in the context of having hatred/spite for a long time against the person.

Even if Lelouch starts to hate Kallen for fighting against him, is that something that happened over a long period of time? No.



The original quote in Japanese:
「ルルーシュ、恨んでいないのか、私のことを」
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 02:11   Link #9229
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
So it's female.

How does that change that she could easily think he hated her if she fought against him? You're ignoring that little fact.
So she fights him over two episodes and he must hate her for it? Jumping a bit too far with that logic there.

C.C., on the other hand, has every reason to be hated by Lelouch, given all she's was hiding. I'll admit it could be Kallen, but it seems too strong a word at this point.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 02:12   Link #9230
Vakir
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
The "hate" is "" in Japanese. This word is specifically used in the context of having hatred/spite for a long time against the person.

Even if Lelouch starts to hate Kallen for fighting against him, is that something that happened over a long period of time? No.

The original quote in Japanese:「ルルーシュ、恨んでいないのか、私のことを」
So now it's up to us to decide if 2 episodes worth of hate (Nunners) or 1 month worth of hate (C.C.) is seemingly remotely considered a "long" period of time, when no real spite has been shown to the latter within the month.

I'm coming up with a "no" for both.

So if this really is that heavily restricted to a long period of hatred, then I guess no one says the quote, huh?

Oh, hey, Cornelia. That's a possibility.

Quote:
So she fights him over two episodes and he must hate her for it? Jumping a bit too far with that logic there.
Ignoring that it's supposedly (supposedly) restricted to a long period of hate, I really didn't give any conclusion and said it was a possibility. You're jumping a bit too far in trying to counter the logic.

You're telling me it's utterly impossible to think someone hated you after you fought against their plans and their kingdom after being close friends with them for a long period of time?
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 02:14   Link #9231
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
So now it's up to us to decide if 2 episodes worth of hate (Nunners) or 1 month worth of hate (C.C.) is seemingly remotely considered a "long" period of time, when no real spite has been shown to the latter within the month.

I'm coming up with a "no" for both.

So if this really is that heavily restricted to a long period of hatred, then I guess no one says the quote, huh?

Oh, hey, Cornelia. That's a possibility.
C.C.: An year is perhaps a more accurate number.

Cornelia: Not really sure, given that Lelouch knows that he is the one that should be hated (Euphie)

Nunnally: Probably not.

Kallen: Probably not.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 02:15   Link #9232
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
It's very likely. Stop being in denial because you like the pairing.
I'm not saying it can't happen. But it seems unlikely that Lelouch would hate Kallen; he knows that any actions she takes right now is because he's acting like the world's biggest DB. He cared enough for her to distance himself from her; I doubt he would hate her for a misunderstanding.

Now, it's always possible that due to his recent behavior towards her, Kallen may think that Lelouch hates her, although I think more that she is unsure what he may think of her (otherwise she wouldn't have asked).

Anyway, I've been wrong before, so it's always possible.

youngde, signing off.
youngde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 02:16   Link #9233
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
So it's female.

How does that change that she could easily think he hated her if she fought against him? You're ignoring that little fact.
Maybe because when she thought about what happen and will have this little discussion with Gino, she will remember wich kind of person is Lelouch ?
You know, this type of guy who is ready to bear every sins of the world to protect those he loves ?

She is ready to fight against him cause, she is hurt, she is still more hurt by the fact that she was his knight, so she helped him to reach this status, and rightly because she loves him, and because of that, it's her job to take him down.
Lelouch isn't this much simple minded to come to hate a girl he pushed away to protect her, because she is fighting against him. And this is worst if he loves that girl.

This is called, Love.

This is convincing people to do stupid things you know.

I don't really think Kallen will be the one to have this line, in Turn 24, she will be fighting with Suzaku, and I think it's a safe bet to give them to C.C.. He didn't seemed very happy at the end of 21, so, this question could be used to confirm he doesn't hate her.

BTW, I don't seen any troll ! Is it Christmas ?
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 02:17   Link #9234
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
So now it's up to us to decide if 2 episodes worth of hate (Nunners) or 1 month worth of hate (C.C.) is seemingly remotely considered a "long" period of time, when no real spite has been shown to the latter within the month.

I'm coming up with a "no" for both.

So if this really is that heavily restricted to a long period of hatred, then I guess no one says the quote, huh?

Oh, hey, Cornelia. That's a possibility.
Why would Cornelia care? Anywho, C.C.'s possible "hate" isn't just a month, it's a secret she's been keeping ever since they met. nunnally, despite the odd use of "Lelouch," might assume it given that she's controlling the flying death fortress and has turned on her own brother. It's much harder to justify with Kallen. He drove her away and betrayed the UFN, so if anything she should be hating him, not the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
Ignoring that it's supposedly (supposedly) restricted to a long period of hate, I really didn't give any conclusion and said it was a possibility. You're jumping a bit too far in trying to counter the logic.

You're telling me it's utterly impossible to think someone hated you after you fought against their plans and their kingdom after being close friends with them for a long period of time?
When Lelouch provoked the response in the first place, yes, it would rather unlikely.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 02:21   Link #9235
Vakir
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
C.C.: An year is perhaps a more accurate number.
A year hasn't passed since he found out she was using him to kill her. More like a month, a bit over. He had no reason to hate her before that.

Quote:
Cornelia: Not really sure, given that Lelouch knows that he is the one that should be hated (Euphie)
Very true. It's just the only female I could see saying that. Doesn't "You promised you'd make me smile" directly contradict "You don't hate me?" Crazy bitch, if I hated you, I wouldn't want to make you smile!

Quote:
Kallen: Probably not.
If we're REALLY restricting this to long periods of hate, then I concur.

Quote:
Why would Cornelia care?
Hell if I know. Who else works here?

Quote:
Anywho, C.C.'s possible "hate" isn't just a month, it's a secret she's been keeping ever since they met.
But the hatred couldn't have surfaced until the month timeframe because he outright didn't know.

Quote:
nunnally, despite the odd use of "Lelouch," might assume it given that she's controlling the flying death fortress and has turned on her own brother.
Except this is over a long period of time, am I right? So it can't be her unless she thinks he hates her for having to take care of her for her entire life since eight years ago. Doubt it.

Quote:
It's much harder to justify with Kallen. He drove her away and betrayed the UFN, so if anything she should be hating him, not the other way around.
Except she's absolutely ridiculously in love with him, so she'd naturally probably think of his view first before her own betrayal.

Quote:
When Lelouch provoked the response in the first place, yes, it would rather unlikely.
But does that really matter to her when she loves him that seriously? Of course not. She's probably extra concerned with keeping her good impression.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 02:26   Link #9236
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
But the hatred couldn't have surfaced until the month timeframe.
A month would be enough. There's also the fact that she represents Geass, though he seems to have gotten over that in the short term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
Except this is over a long period of time, am I right? So it can't be her unless she thinks he hates her for having to take care of her for her entire life since eight years ago. Doubt it.
As do I, but she's been away from him for much longer than a month. More than a year, in fact, and through all that the one talk they had was about him being a stranger. Plus there's the fact that she probably knows he was Zero, which would further make her think that he might hate her given that he hid the secret and attacked Tokyo while she was in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
Except she's absolutely ridiculously in love with him, so she'd naturally probably think of his view first before her own betrayal.
Fair enough.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 02:30   Link #9237
Vakir
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
A month would be enough. There's also the fact that she represents Geass, though he seems to have gotten over that in the short term.
I disagree that a month is enough time, and to me, it contradicts the gum quote. I guess time is relative. "A long time" isn't literally defined.

Quote:
Plus there's the fact that she probably knows he was Zero, which would further make her think that he might hate her given that he hid the secret and attacked Tokyo while she was in it.
Possibly, but that's quite a stretch of goatse proportions all the same. Especially given he cried out in worry for her and she noticed, in addition to him SCREAMING that he loved her over the phone like we have never heard him declare before, for anyone, period.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 02:34   Link #9238
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
Possibly, but that's quite a stretch of goatse proportions all the same. Especially given he cried out in worry for her and she noticed, in addition to him SCREAMING that he loved her over the phone like we have never heard him declare before, for anyone, period.
More like cried out because he lost her, but yeah she seemed to notice. The phone thing was simply a matter of urgency. The line is odd for any of the female characters Lelouch knows, I'll admit, so it really could go to any of them.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 02:37   Link #9239
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Vakir, allow me to ask you: Why are you so intended on having Kallen say the key quote?
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 02:38   Link #9240
Vakir
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Vakir, allow me to ask you: Why are you so intended on having Kallen say the key quote?
I'm not. Reread my posts instead of trying to go the shipping war route. I know it's all you can do, but seriously.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.