AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-11, 16:24   Link #9621
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
I wouldn't give the VA's much credit though, it's all about how each individual percepts things.
Taniguchi, the person who supplied said info, is not a voice actor.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 16:26   Link #9622
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
I wouldn't give the VA's much credit though, it's all about how each individual percepts things.

I see Gino and Kallen as a possibility though. Mostly because I like both of them, but they have also been granted some suspicious screen time together. And I'm not talking just about the prison days..There was that fight, and later in at the wedding reception. And I don't only mean the Gino gesture at Kallen, also the thing with the knife..Why would it be Gino who picked up the knife from Kallen, and why did they even show that handing the knife scene..Maybe it was just to fill some footage maybe not..It's mostly about intuition here..I'm not saying that the pairing is a fact, just a possibility..A far higher than kalulu after 22 at least, IMHO.
The VA was told specifically by the director that the kissing scene is when Kallen realizes that she's in love with Lelouch. This interview is only about 10-20 pages back in this thread. You can look at it yourself if you want.

Like I said, GinoXKallen can't realistically happen in the timeframe of the series. If it happened post-series I'm okay with it, but if it happens in series, especially after just learning she's in love with Lelouch, I would be pissed.
Old 2008-09-11, 16:27   Link #9623
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Part of me wonders if C.C. is only pretending to go along with the plan. She seemed pretty upset at the end of episode 20. And if the plan involves Lelouch sacrificing himself, I don't think she would want that. So if she is planning to sabotage the plan, the most likely person she would reach out to is Kallen; other than Lelouch, Kallen is probably the only other person C.C. can consider a friend.
I agree..C.C is not happy about their plan.. I have a feeling she is up to something too..and whatever happens or whatever she does will be at the end of the series, considering that magazine went over everything that will happen till the end, and her thing was mentioned last, by the staff shout out thing
Old 2008-09-11, 16:28   Link #9624
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:

I see Gino and Kallen as a possibility though. Mostly because I like both of them, but they have also been granted some suspicious screen time together. And I'm not talking just about the prison days..There was that fight, and later in at the wedding reception. And I don't only mean the Gino gesture at Kallen, also the thing with the knife..Why would it be Gino who picked up the knife from Kallen, and why did they even show that handing the knife scene..Maybe it was just to fill some footage maybe not..It's mostly about intuition here..I'm not saying that the pairing is a fact, just a possibility..A far higher than kalulu after 22 at least, IMHO.
at this point in the anime kallen and gino would be completely forced out of no where
i rather think that the events of 22 cement kallen as the only realistic love interest for lelouch
he keeps C.C around for the plan that would lead to all the world turning against them but makes sure kallen isnt part of it
he probably plans to kill C.C (taking her code like she wants, dont hit me) and then use the friya to erase himself and the code
Old 2008-09-11, 16:28   Link #9625
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Taniguchi, the person who supplied said info, is not a voice actor.
The VA was the only who didn't think Kallen had any feelings for Lelouch.

So yes obviously we'll take what she says with a grain of salt
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 16:32   Link #9626
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i dont see how their friendship cancels out any chance for romance for either of them (euphie was clearly there for romance)
and the idea that suzaku's involvment would take center stage in the end only works if you forget that suzaku is and always has been (from a plot POV) lelouches enemy
no doubt he would play a very large role in the end (possibly the biggest one other then lelouch) but since both he and lelouch have gone bat-shit insane at this point they need someone else to snap them out of it
lelouch has always been a very dark character but he was always gray rather then black
and suzaku was usually ideallistic or at least honorable most of the time
now however they are both darker than black and while they are probably doing it for a grand goal, one cant really argue that there exist a plant where this wouldnt be considered going off the deep end
they need outside interferance to snap them out of their madness and right now kallen is the most likely source for at least lelouch since shes the only main character not on his side
suzaku and C.C know the plan and either support it (suzaku) or at least do nothing in order to prevent it (C.C) so that leaves kallen (unless C.C has a sudden change of heart in the next couple of eps,which given her actions so far doesnt seem likely)

Well, the way I saw things (purely a subjective matter) Euphie was there primary to give Suzaku a higher status. I agree, romance was there, but it was all just an excuse for Suzaku to live on. I also agree that every main character needs some kind of support, but it's all just for the great plan..At least in cg. And seing how thing are going, Suzaku is going to slap some sense in Lulu the next episode.
I'm not excluding the possibility of Kallen and Gino interfering with them, I'm just saying/believe that Kallen won't get romantically involved with Lulu anymore..
That said, I'm hoping for C.c. to iterfere, beucase I really don't want to see Kallen going all wish-washy, especially at the end with the serie. And no, I'm not a cluclu fan...
Old 2008-09-11, 16:34   Link #9627
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
The VA was the only who didn't think Kallen had any feelings for Lelouch.

So yes obviously we'll take what she says with a grain of salt
I know, I thought that was really strange of the V.A to think something like that... I mean the audience all thought it was obvious..well guess why that's why the director put the kiss in there, even though I have no idea how he expects people to know that Kallen now realizes she loves Lulu, because we thought this the whole time..oh well..
Old 2008-09-11, 16:39   Link #9628
Eliarine

Quote:
the idea that suzaku's involvment would take center stage in the end only works if you forget that suzaku is and always has been (from a plot POV) lelouches enemy
This only works if you forget that Suzaku also is and always has been Lelouche's friend. It took long enough for them to reconcile, I don't see them becoming enemies again after all this time, because...that would suck.

But...that's slightly off topic isn't it.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 16:45   Link #9629
Var
Banned

Quote:
Why would it be Gino who picked up the knife from Kallen, and why did they even show that handing the knife scene.
This scene, along with the scene about Suzaku's smile, are more allusions to what is going to happen. You're trying to pull romantic undertones from scenes in a show that does not revolve around romance. In a harem show, you may have a point, but a metaphorical passing of the torch is not an scene designed for what your thinking.

Look at it this way, Gino took the knife that Nina was going to use to kill Zero, or more was handed it by Kallen. Zero, however, is dead. All that we have left is the Knight of Zero.

Further this still that Gino muttered his ever so famous line to Kallen that as long as he is there, she will never achieve happiness. (Does everyone just forget that line?)
Old 2008-09-11, 16:48   Link #9630
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
This only works if you forget that Suzaku also is and always has been Lelouche's friend. It took long enough for them to reconcile, I don't see them becoming enemies again after all this time, because...that would suck.

But...that's slightly off topic isn't it.
but they didnt reconcile at all
they arent back to being friends
they have agreed to work together to do something
but from how i look at it they arent back to being friends (since they are both on the road to hell with neither doing anything to stop the other, which is what a friend would do)
Old 2008-09-11, 16:48   Link #9631
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
The VA was told specifically by the director that the kissing scene is when Kallen realizes that she's in love with Lelouch. This interview is only about 10-20 pages back in this thread. You can look at it yourself if you want.

Like I said, GinoXKallen can't realistically happen in the timeframe of the series. If it happened post-series I'm okay with it, but if it happens in series, especially after just learning she's in love with Lelouch, I would be pissed.
I have read some of the interview summary, but I was under the impression that that was all the VA speaking, no director involved. Even if, there is no rule that the director can't throw some canon fodder, neither does he have a reason to lie for that fact. Even if he said that she realized her feelings, feelings can change, even more if you are disappointed..I got the feeling from that scene that Kallen was trying to end a stage in her life with that kiss. Like, hmmm let my first kiss be with my first love kind of thing. Of course, I may be wrong with this, but that's my women's intuition on it..But since a guy wrote all this, godknows what he meant with that

Well yeah, realistically not..But then again, this is anime..Think back on Ogi and Viletta, they had that little time together..Okay he saw her tits and everything, but the setting of the pairing is quite similar. But then again, this anime is not here just to please you, neither me...Let's just wait and see.

Quote:
at this point in the anime kallen and gino would be completely forced out of no where
i rather think that the events of 22 cement kallen as the only realistic love interest for lelouch
he keeps C.C around for the plan that would lead to all the world turning against them but makes sure kallen isnt part of it
he probably plans to kill C.C (taking her code like she wants, dont hit me) and then use the friya to erase himself and the code
You know, I'm not really sure why Lulu keeps c.c. around..So many contradictions since the first season in their relationship, it's too troublesome to keep track on it. But I do suspect c.c. will probably die with lulu or something, or at least have a dramatic ending with him calling her name or something..They gotta be dragging on that name thing for something...

But one thing is a fact, the only person Lulu truly cares for is Nanali.
Old 2008-09-11, 16:48   Link #9632
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Further this still that Gino muttered his ever so famous line to Kallen that as long as he is there, she will never achieve happiness. (Does everyone just forget that line?)
When it makes justifying the otherwise insane pairing easier they will.
Old 2008-09-11, 16:51   Link #9633
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
You know, I'm not really sure why Lulu keeps c.c. around..So many contradictions since the first season in their relationship, it's too troublesome to keep track on it. But I do suspect c.c. will probably die with lulu or something, or at least have a dramatic ending with him calling her name or something..They gotta be dragging on that name thing for something...

im thinking that she may take lelouches place in setting off the friya (the bomb nina would make for him would be like the one she did last season meaning that its on the ganimade and needs someone to pull the trigger and kill themselves with it
Old 2008-09-11, 16:52   Link #9634
yvj
U Mad?

What's amazing is Kalulu a relationship between characters that has confirmed developments (How much Lelouch cares is still up in the air) is apparently done, and we should accept it.

But Gino x Kallen is still within the realm of possibility.

yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 16:52   Link #9635
Vito
Asshole.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=4285

The interview that explains Kallen's feelings, it wasn't until ep 22 she realized her feelings. Now this means is what we have 3 episodes left over to kill off Kallen's feeling and pair her up with Gino.... now am I the only one thinking if they'd do that it would be one big clusterfuck of dumping the entire character development?
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 16:53   Link #9636
Var
Banned

Quote:
I have read some of the interview summary, but I was under the impression that that was all the VA speaking, no director involved.
She was speaking of what Taniguchi told her about the scene. The actors need to have an idea of what the meaning behind their scene is if they are to truly act it correctly.

Quote:
Well yeah, realistically not..But then again, this is anime..Think back on Ogi and Viletta, they had that little time together..Okay he saw her tits and everything, but the setting of the pairing is quite similar. But then again, this anime is not here just to please you, neither me...Let's just wait and see.
Uh... they spent several months together. Their development also stretched through most of the end of the first season, constantly being given scenes or passing mentions by Ougi towards Chigusa, and then further into the first half of S2 where Viletta was shown thinking of Ougi. And then you have an entire confrontation and declaration of love.

If anything, this is one of the most well developed relationships in the show.
Old 2008-09-11, 16:55   Link #9637
Eliarine

Quote:
You're trying to pull romantic undertones from scenes in a show that does not revolve around romance.
Isn't that what everyone is doing?

Quote:
but they didnt reconcile at all
they arent back to being friends
they have agreed to work together to do something
but from how i look at it they arent back to being friends (since they are both on the road to hell with neither doing anything to stop the other, which is what a friend would do)
Exactly, that's how you look at it. But their relationship follows its own rules, not yours. :/
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 16:57   Link #9638
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Isn't that what everyone is doing?
To a point yes, but passing a knife is in no way shape or form something that people normally assume to carry romantic undertones. Especially between two characters who had barely even looked at one another.

A scene like that is more likely to be an allusion to something in the plot, not something about some subplot off to the side.
Old 2008-09-11, 16:58   Link #9639
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
Where is this line from, I can't remember.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 16:59   Link #9640
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=4285

The interview that explains Kallen's feelings, it wasn't until ep 22 she realized her feelings. Now this means is what we have 3 episodes left over to kill off Kallen's feeling and pair her up with Gino.... now am I the only one thinking if they'd do that it would be one big clusterfuck of dumping the entire character development?
If Kallen ends up with Gino within these last few episodes, myself and many others will be upset by that. I always thought that they could be good friends, I don't see why she has to end up with Gino honestly(This isn't a romantic series, for Kallen its either going to be Lelouch or no one else imo). I guess logically Kallen development could have ended last episode however considering she still hasn't understood Lelouch since that is her development for the entire season. IMO I don't think Kallen and Lelouch are done with one another let. Can't wait till the next episode to see what she will end up doing.