AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-13, 18:13   Link #10101
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

I wouldn't count on Suzaku to do any convincing except when it comes to keeping Lelouch on his path. Suzaku has nothing left to lose. If someone is going to take him off it, it'll be either Nunnally or Kallen.
Old 2008-09-13, 18:22   Link #10102
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
I agree, but I don't think that's anythign special.
If Lelouch's plan was simply to enslave everyone - which, of course, it isn't - then everyone would try to stop him, not only Kallen.
And if people found out about Lelouch's real intentions, then there would be many who'd try to stop him.
Sure, Kallen would be one of them, and I'll cheer for her, but I don't think that she will ultimately save him all by herself.
The way I see it, Suzaku will stand by Lelouch until the end, and therefore play a large role in how thing will turn out for our favourite emperor - even though he's quite messed up himself. And then there's his little sister, who is not as naive as people think she is and loves her brother more than anyone else, no matter which side she seems to be on at the moment.
I don't say that Kallen won't play an important role, but I doubt that she will do anything overly dramatic - like saving Lelouch with the power of her love.
If it took just someone who loves Lelouch to save him from the path he's chosen, then Suzaku would suffice. Or Nunally, since Suzaku is an expert in making sacrifices himself.
Hm... then again, if Nunally doesn't hurry, Kallen might really just take things into her own hands and throw something at Lelouch.
Throwing things always helps.
The director did specifically state at some point that the Lelouch/Kallen relationship would play an essential role in the second season. I haven't seen anything yet that I would deem essential, so unless he was blowing smoke (always a possibility ), there is still something for Kallen to do. Besides, she has more insight into his character than almost everyone in the series; it would be a shame for all of that to go to waste.
Old 2008-09-13, 18:27   Link #10103
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
The director did specifically state at some point that the Lelouch/Kallen relationship would play an essential role in the second season. I haven't seen anything yet that I would deem essential, so unless he was blowing smoke (always a possibility ), there is still something for Kallen to do. Besides, she has more insight into his character than almost everyone in the series; it would be a shame for all of that to go to waste.
Well, to be specific he said that Kallen's role is essential, then he went on to say how she would be captured in the China arc.
That statement was made quite a while ago and we have no idea what he meant by essential.
Old 2008-09-13, 18:35   Link #10104
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

If he meant it in the conventional sense, I doubt he meant anything that has already happened. There's more for her to play, as her upcoming battle with Suzaku indicates.
Old 2008-09-13, 18:36   Link #10105
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Hm... well, Suzaku still has Lelouch left.
Sure, there was some... errr... tension between them, but they were quite cute together again in the last episode.
And I don't mean "cute" as in "a cute pairing", but "cute" as in "best friends for life".
Kallen can be as important as she wants to be, she'll never manage to top that. And as long as that's the case, I'm perfectly happy. ;P
Old 2008-09-13, 18:37   Link #10106
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Well, to be specific he said that Kallen's role is essential, then he went on to say how she would be captured in the China arc.
That statement was made quite a while ago and we have no idea what he meant by essential.
Okay. So maybe her essential role had something to do with being captured? Pretty much all she did was have some character development with Nunnally, Gino and Suzaku (and Lelouch, mostly via Nunnally). Thing is a character just learning about people isn't really essential to the story unless something comes out of it, and it hasn't really yet (at least not that I can see).

I mean, if her essential role is to oppose Lelouch in the end, I don't know why we had all that other development other than to create some serious angst.
Old 2008-09-13, 20:02   Link #10107
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Okay. So maybe her essential role had something to do with being captured? Pretty much all she did was have some character development with Nunnally, Gino and Suzaku (and Lelouch, mostly via Nunnally). Thing is a character just learning about people isn't really essential to the story unless something comes out of it, and it hasn't really yet (at least not that I can see).

I mean, if her essential role is to oppose Lelouch in the end, I don't know why we had all that other development other than to create some serious angst.
I know that if they take my favorite character of the series and do something bad with her I will never forgive this series. If nothing more happens with Kallen, then what was the point of her entire season of learning about Lelouch?
I'm not so sure Kallen is siding with Schneizel as much as she will be siding with Nunnally.
I do wonder that if Kallen is still with the Black Knights, why is she out of her uniform?

This series could very quickly go from being one of my favorites to one of my most despised for screwing around with my favorite character like that.

It's stuff like this is why I normally wait until a series finishes before I start watching it. That way I don't have to wait weeks at a time between episodes. I can just watch several episodes at a time.
That's actually what I did with the first season. I didn't the last half of the first season until I heard the second season had started.
The only reason I started watching this week for week was for the 4koma series I started. That will feel like an utter waste if the ending to this series sucks.
Old 2008-09-13, 20:11   Link #10108
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I know that if they take my favorite character of the series and do something bad with her I will never forgive this series. If nothing more happens with Kallen, then what was the point of her entire season of learning about Lelouch?
I'm not so sure Kallen is siding with Schneizel as much as she will be siding with Nunnally.
I do wonder that if Kallen is still with the Black Knights, why is she out of her uniform?

This series could very quickly go from being one of my favorites to one of my most despised for screwing around with my favorite character like that.

It's stuff like this is why I normally wait until a series finishes before I start watching it. That way I don't have to wait weeks at a time between episodes. I can just watch several episodes at a time.
That's actually what I did with the first season. I didn't the last half of the first season until I heard the second season had started.
The only reason I started watching this week for week was for the 4koma series I started. That will feel like an utter waste if the ending to this series sucks.
Well, even if the series ends on a sour note, I'll still have enjoyed the series enough that it will be one of my favorites. Kinda Evangelion even though I have no idea what the ending was all about.

There are some series that I kinda liked until the end though, like Eureka7 and Wolf's Rain, so I can understand how you feel.

Still, I have some confidence that Kallen's development will come to a head in the last 3 episodes. Otherwise, the writers were on crack.
Old 2008-09-13, 20:12   Link #10109
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:

1) Her essential role couldn't have been for her to get captured. Because while she was being captured she was learning about Lelouch and talking to Nunally. That has to lead to something or else what was the point?

2) If her essential role is to oppose Lelouch. Then we can speculate that she's the one who will kill him. Now this will be a humongous hit or miss! Depending on how it's pulled off it could be amazing (but tragic) drama. Or complete character assassinations, especially since its confirmed that she know realizes she's in love.

We can only wait and see
Old 2008-09-13, 20:16   Link #10110
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
Well, even if the series ends on a sour note, I'll still have enjoyed the series enough that it will be one of my favorites. Kinda Evangelion even though I have no idea what the ending was all about.

There are some series that I kinda liked until the end though, like Eureka7 and Wolf's Rain, so I can understand how you feel.

Still, I have some confidence that Kallen's development will come to a head in the last 3 episodes. Otherwise, the writers were on crack.
Well, Evangelion ran out of money in the end. They kinda retconned the ending with the End of Evangelion movie.... but the ending is what makes or breaks a good show... here's me hoping it will be good.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 20:16   Link #10111
FoxxFireArt

Quote:

That's just what I mean. Kallen pretty much did nothing but think about Lelouch or learn about who he is. Now, because of the Koshimizu Ami interview and her comments from the director, we learned that Kallen fell in love with him. What were the writers thinking putting this cool character through all that for it to lead to nothing?

With Eureka 7 everything pretty much went along with the development that led up to it. Same with Evangelion. Never liked Wolf's Rain much.
Old 2008-09-13, 20:23   Link #10112
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Oh yea of little faith! Go out to your local anime retail outlet and find a piece of Kallen merchandise (I use a chibi keychain pvc figurine) and pray to our lord and savior for the ending we wish for! Doubt not, and yea shall be rewarded! Oh, and avoid any nearby christians who may burn you for worshipping "false idols". That would be bad.
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 20:39   Link #10113
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
Oh yea of little faith! Go out to your local anime retail outlet and find a piece of Kallen merchandise (I use a chibi keychain pvc figurine) and pray to our lord and savior for the ending we wish for! Doubt not, and yea shall be rewarded! Oh, and avoid any nearby christians who may burn you for worshipping "false idols". That would be bad.
Well, I'm Christian (Pastor's Kid, actually), but I haven't burned anyone in years.
Old 2008-09-13, 21:13   Link #10114
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Well, I'm Christian (Pastor's Kid, actually), but I haven't burned anyone in years.
<--------- Raised Baptist, but not affiliated with any church or religion.

So far the series is screwing with us. I'm also upset they ruined the chess theme.
Old 2008-09-13, 21:15   Link #10115
yvj
U Mad?

Has anyone given the thought that it could be Kallen having to kill Lelouch for some reason?

It's not a nice thought. But it's a possibility
Old 2008-09-13, 21:18   Link #10116
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

I don't see it, unless she shoots him first and asks questions later. I don't see her having the motivation to kill him of her own accord. He lied to her once, then remained silent the second. Third time, I don't think she'll be satisfied until he tells the truth.
Old 2008-09-13, 21:19   Link #10117
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Has anyone given the thought that it could be Kallen having to kill Lelouch for some reason?

It's not a nice thought. But it's a possibility
If she doesn't get killed by Suzaku first
Fruit Punch Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 21:19   Link #10118
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Has anyone give the thought that it could be Kallen having to kill Lelouch for some reason?
I doubt it.
Code Geass is not about romance, and Lelouch needing to be killed like a rabid dog is highly unlikely.
Suzaku would just kick his butt.
Old 2008-09-13, 21:20   Link #10119
Vito
Asshole.

Let's keep offtopic religion and affiliation things out of these threads, religion and politics are a sure way to start a shitfest. Thank you.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 21:24   Link #10120
yvj
U Mad?

I'm not saying she strolls up to him like an assassin.

But its not that much of a stretch if it is true that Lelouch is going down this self sacrificing path. Like if the plan is to succeed he had to die and she understood this. I wish I had something to compare it to.

Look I don't like the either. But it is the kind of thing the show could go for