AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-16, 00:35   Link #10961
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Seriously, its ridiculous how they handled Kallen's character this season... it pisses me off...make it look all positive then after episode 21.. its like EHHH???! sigh... even if it leads to her understanding Lulu or whatever.. I still think they did a horrible job on character development with her towards the end..
Come on now, its still 1 or 2 episodes a bit early to determine whether or not they wasted any character development on her.
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 00:36   Link #10962
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Well that's one of the two things we can hang our hats on. And they're both from sources outside of what was shown on screen

1) She'll be an "essential" character. (Come on essential that's got to be important)

2) She loves him.
well 1 kinda makes sense with all the development they gave her. if she doesn't do something important then what the heck? should have given me more suzakuxpink lancelot.

2... i thought she was already in love with him since like episode 9. and theres not much shown to say shes not still in love, heck shes crying in the preview. i doubt someone was chopping onion nearby. what taniguchi said was just icing.

Quote:
Seriously, its ridiculous how they handled Kallen's character this season... it pisses me off...make it look all positive then after episode 21.. its like EHHH???! sigh... even if it leads to her understanding Lulu or whatever.. I still think they did a horrible job on character development with her towards the end..
and in the end if she ends up happy with lelouch?
cupahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 00:49   Link #10963
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupahe View Post
well 1 kinda makes sense with all the development they gave her. if she doesn't do something important then what the heck? should have given me more suzakuxpink lancelot.

2... i thought she was already in love with him since like episode 9. and theres not much shown to say shes not still in love, heck shes crying in the preview. i doubt someone was chopping onion nearby. what taniguchi said was just icing.

and in the end if she ends up happy with lelouch?
Even if she ends up with Lulu, which I highly doubt.. they made her too damn emotional these few last episodes.. she was badass in the first episodes.. its like they did R1 again with her... I don't know.. I should just wait till next episode I guess...
Old 2008-09-16, 00:51   Link #10964
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
Even if she ends up with Lulu, which I highly doubt.. they made her too damn emotional these few last episodes.. she was badass in the first episodes.. its like they did R1 again with her... I don't know.. I should just wait till next episode I guess...
love makes you emotional very emotional

if she ends up with lelouch after the rollercoaster of love then it makes sense. if she doesn't then it was just putting her character through the ringer for no real reason.

at the very least this is better than S1... she knows what shes doing now and hses gettin torn up by it. classic war drama.
Old 2008-09-16, 00:58   Link #10965
lovecakecookies

Quote:
love makes you emotional very emotional

if she ends up with lelouch after the rollercoaster of love then it makes sense. if she doesn't then it was just putting her character through the ringer for no real reason.

at the very least this is better than S1... she knows what shes doing now and hses gettin torn up by it. classic war drama.
Hmm.. I suppose you are right.. Love is making her this way? They better make that more clear, because of now, most people think she just wants to kill Lulu now or something.. Actually now that you mention it, it is the typical war-love-drama type of thing...
Old 2008-09-16, 00:58   Link #10966
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Quote:
I feel opposite about how emotional Kallen is. I feel her being as emotional as she is improves her chances of being with him (possibilty of seeing how distraught she is shocking lelouch etc. etc.).
Old 2008-09-16, 01:00   Link #10967
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Honestly, I think if she weren't emotional right now, she would be a pretty heartless bitch. She's thinking she has to kill the man she loves. That's gotta tug at the heart strings a little, don'tcha think.
Old 2008-09-16, 01:00   Link #10968
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
Hmm.. I suppose you are right.. Love is making her this way? They better make that more clear, because of now, most people think she just wants to kill Lulu now or something.. Actually now that you mention it, it is the typical war-love-drama type of thing...
well id imagine they are. shes the only character being emotional right now. i was expecting cc to be emotional or somethin after coming back but she hasnt done much.

the way i see it shes being love driven but shes got morales and shes pretty selfless. she needs something to just tip that balance like the truth.

if they dont go anywhere with it then they just wasted time they could have used elsewhere. marianne... kinda needed some time. could have gone there.
Old 2008-09-16, 01:02   Link #10969
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:

if they dont go anywhere with it then they just wasted time they could have used elsewhere. marianne... kinda needed some time. could have gone there.
Yeah, Marianne's plot was kinda like, "She's ALIVE!!!......and she's dead again. WTF!?! "

Old 2008-09-16, 01:11   Link #10970
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Yeah, Marianne's plot was kinda like, "She's ALIVE!!!......and she's dead again. WTF!?! "

i forgot she existed... pretty bad impact for such an important character
Old 2008-09-16, 01:13   Link #10971
lovecakecookies

ANyways.. what if the Gum line is not said in the next episode??

I think that would be interesting..
Old 2008-09-16, 01:14   Link #10972
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

It wouldn't make much sense for it to be in the last episode, unless they drag out Damocles being destroyed, which I doubt. It's the kind of line said when she's still angry.
Old 2008-09-16, 01:16   Link #10973
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
It wouldn't make much sense for it to be in the last episode, unless they drag out Damocles being destroyed, which I doubt. It's the kind of line said when she's still angry.
tsundere with a little extra tsun! <3

dere is the crying.
Old 2008-09-16, 01:27   Link #10974
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
I have thought of a situation where it would make sense in the last episode. We have an epilogue sequence. It is made obvious lelouch & kallen are in a relationship. However, as that Lelouch is lelouch, he's never said Aishiteru. So he waits until Kallens in labor. Now the gumline....

Yes, absolutly no possibilty of it happening...but absolutly hilarious.
Old 2008-09-16, 01:28   Link #10975
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
I have thought of a situation where it would make sense in the last episode. We have an epilogue sequence. It is made obvious lelouch & kallen are in a relationship. However, as that Lelouch is lelouch, he's never said Aishiteru. So he waits until Kallens in labor. Now the gumline....

Yes, absolutly no possibilty of it happening...but absolutly hilarious.
As impossible as that is, I'll be damned if it isn't funny.
Old 2008-09-16, 01:29   Link #10976
lovecakecookies

I could kind of see it in the last episode too.. when she asks him "why did you do this or keep me out of this?" but who knows.. I still don't like the line..and can anyone explain why its you/him/her/someone? is it because they cant see the card clearly?
Old 2008-09-16, 01:59   Link #10977
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
I could kind of see it in the last episode too.. when she asks him "why did you do this or keep me out of this?" but who knows.. I still don't like the line..and can anyone explain why its you/him/her/someone? is it because they cant see the card clearly?
the line doesnt contain subject
so the line is if you say something like i love i would never forgive you
Old 2008-09-16, 03:03   Link #10978
reaper_unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
Come on now, its still 1 or 2 episodes a bit early to determine whether or not they wasted any character development on her.
are you kidding me? we are at THE END of the show if nothing happens next turn it will never happen and if it does then Sunrise has confirmed that they are the biggest tard studio in JP(or confirmed it even more because nothing can make CG good anymore except Kalulu :C).
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 03:12   Link #10979
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
are you kidding me? we are at THE END of the show if nothing happens next turn it will never happen and if it does then Sunrise has confirmed that they are the biggest tard studio in JP(or confirmed it even more because nothing can make CG good anymore except Kalulu :C).
After 21 episode, I've realised that Lelouch will not get any girl.
I even call this episode the true begining.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 03:13   Link #10980
Baixinho

Quote:

Well director said said she is essential in regards to Lulus bonds.. and an interview confirmed that the director made Kallen realize her love after the kiss... but It doesn't look like that AT ALL..

So i guess we have to wait and see..
Actually I think it was not that unbelieveable, but her development was rushed.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote