AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-22, 00:49   Link #13041
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv23 View Post
So this episode sucked for Kalulu fans. I'm just going to throw this out there, but there's two reasons for hope and one has been stated numerous times:

1. All of her development leading up to this? This was her "essential" role?
2. Why is the show still stressing that Kallen is breaking away from Lelouch? Despite the crap Kalulu fans have gone through, she's said goodbye to him 3 times now in the last 6 episodes. Why?

Not only are they putting so much screen time on Kallen's development, they're devoting a lot of screen time to Kallen's difficulty of letting go. This could be for one of two reasons:

1. It'll make it all the more tragic when Lelouch/Kallen has died.
2. It'll be easier to absorb (and not so WTF all of a sudden) when she breaks and goes back to him.

Of course I'm probably way off base, but I won't jump ship so I have to keep the faith!
Well, the fact that they have waited until the last episode to resolve Kallen and Lelouch's relationship suggests that possibly their resolution is linked to the resolution of the series itself. We'll just have to wait and see.
__________________
youngde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 00:51   Link #13042
ashlay
the red string of fate
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
I think at this stage of the game you should also be open to the possibility that Kallen is in fact nothing more than a plot device to make a giant red robot fly around cutting and burning things.

Certainly not like you have to accept that. just be prepared for the worst.
__________________
Memento mori
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 00:53   Link #13043
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
I think at this stage of the game you should also be open to the possibility that Kallen is in fact nothing more than a plot device to make a giant red robot fly around cutting and burning things.

Certainly not like you have to accept that. just be prepared for the worst.
I'm aware of that. If it happens, I'll just make up my own ending in my own little world (where I own a Hummer and gas is 19 cents a gallon).

Still, there are other signs that, at the very least, she'll understand why he did what he did and get some sort of resolution for her feelings, which is all I really want at this point.
__________________
youngde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 00:57   Link #13044
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
I think at this stage of the game you should also be open to the possibility that Kallen is in fact nothing more than a plot device to make a giant red robot fly around cutting and burning things.

Certainly not like you have to accept that. just be prepared for the worst.
If it was just this, I want what Okouchi smoked when he wrote the script; Kallen didn't need all this devellopment about Lelouch to continue to pilot her Guren and getting some upgrades.

Bah, I don't really ind what people say...when you realize that Kallen's background with her brother's death, and her papa's spoilerish job have been totally forget to let all of her screentime (and what a tone of wasted time if it was for nothing ) be about her devellopment toward Lelouch.

This is going to lead somewhere, and the last episode is pretty blablant about this with the whole CC/Kallen duel and their conversation.
But this is going to be sad, sure Taniguchi is a cruel man, this is not good.

BTW, this is a joke ne ? Charles's VA isn't reall on the cast ? -_-'
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 01:01   Link #13045
Nikusu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Nikusu Send a message via MSN to Nikusu
If she was a plot device we wouldn't need such in-depth knowledge of her. There's a lot of plot devices in action shows where the person is the "WHOA! That guy totally dominates everyone." The person is usually liked by fans, but isn't a central character, nor does he/she have much known about their personality or history. If Kallen was a tool for our excitement in battle I think she would have been a lot less developed.

I'm not saying you're wrong Ashlay, and in fact, you could be right at THIS stage in the series, but it's obvious she wasn't always going to be the chick that crushes stuff. Maybe she had a different role originally and has now turned into what you described, or maybe she still has a shot.
Nikusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 01:01   Link #13046
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
If it was just this, I want what Okouchi smoked when he wrote the script; Kallen didn't need all this devellopment about Lelouch to continue to pilot her Guren and getting some upgrades.

Bah, I don't really ind what people say...when you realize that Kallen's background with her brother's death, and her papa's spoilerish job have been totally forget to let all of her screentime (and what a tone of wasted time if it was for nothing ) be about her devellopment toward Lelouch.

This is going to lead somewhere, and the last episode is pretty blablant about this with the whole CC/Kallen duel and their conversation.
But this is going to be sad, sure Taniguchi is a cruel man, this is not good.

BTW, this is a joke ne ? Charles's VA isn't reall on the cast ? -_-'
Kallen right now is nothing more than a girl whose set on killing Lelouch THINKING that killing him will end everything that is in a h4x KMF.

Not a pleasant sight to see if I was Lelouch..
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 01:16   Link #13047
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Kallen right now is nothing more than a girl whose set on killing Lelouch THINKING that killing him will end everything that is in a h4x KMF.

Not a pleasant sight to see if I was Lelouch..
You seem to forget that she is thinking like this because of Lelouch. If Lelouch have told her the truth, she could very well be by his side, and since she is, with Nunally, his final enemy, we must admit that this could have been a pretty smart move of his part.

But he pushed her away, one more time, whatever that are his reasons,it's in a big part of his own faults, and his reaction towards her needs an explanation. It's just plain logic, and necessary to the Kallen plot, which was during R2, one of the most important.
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 01:18   Link #13048
lovecakecookies
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
If it was just this, I want what Okouchi smoked when he wrote the script; Kallen didn't need all this devellopment about Lelouch to continue to pilot her Guren and getting some upgrades.

'
Me too... Seriously, this is why I didn't want them to make her too involved with Lulu in R2.. but they just had to... that's what annoys me... he already had Shirley and C.C... why add another girl?? ..There has to be some stupid or valid reason..

If it's not going to lead anywhere worth a salt grain.. why waste everyone's time? ( mind you I am not talking about shipping) Like if they never made her fall for him, no one would be complaining or hating on Kallen that "OMG she is trying to kill Lulu!!"

That's why I will wait till 25 but keep Ashlay's post in mind too..

Mind you, this is my opinion..
__________________
lovecakecookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 01:20   Link #13049
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Kallen right now is nothing more than a girl whose set on killing Lelouch THINKING that killing him will end everything that is in a h4x KMF.

Not a pleasant sight to see if I was Lelouch..
and who's fault is that
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 01:21   Link #13050
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
You seem to forget that she is thinking like this because of Lelouch. If Lelouch have told her the truth, she could very well be by his side, and since she is, with Nunally, his final enemy, we must admit that this could have been a pretty smart move of his part.

But he pushed her away, one more time, whatever that are his reasons,it's in a big part of his own faults, and his reaction towards her needs an explanation. It's just plain logic, and necessary to the Kallen plot, which was during R2, one of the most important.
I think the issue at hand is that Lelouch and Suzaku do not want Kallen to go where they are going. If they have to make her enemy just to keep her safe then so be it. Afterall she was their friend and they have ALWAYS protected their friends (Sure they smacked each other but still)

Just like how Lloyd and Co. had to jump ship to the other side. They probably knew that if Kallen was allowed into their circle, she'd be hurt and would try to stick with them to their last breathes and they do not want that.

Eitherway, she needs to calm down herself before anyone tries to reason with her. This is where Suzaku comes in and gives her a little spanking.

Quote:
and who's fault is that
Her's.

She knows Lelouch better than any of the BK's, she should've jumped ship the moment they betrayed him and such. He's doing this to keep her safe.

Geass? She already knew about it.

Being used as pawns? Hello he admitted in in 26 last season and she got over it.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 01:22   Link #13051
ashlay
the red string of fate
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv23 View Post
If she was a plot device we wouldn't need such in-depth knowledge of her. There's a lot of plot devices in action shows where the person is the "WHOA! That guy totally dominates everyone." The person is usually liked by fans, but isn't a central character, nor does he/she have much known about their personality or history. If Kallen was a tool for our excitement in battle I think she would have been a lot less developed.

I'm not saying you're wrong Ashlay, and in fact, you could be right at THIS stage in the series, but it's obvious she wasn't always going to be the chick that crushes stuff. Maybe she had a different role originally and has now turned into what you described, or maybe she still has a shot.
Well, also keep in mind Taniguchi at least is anal retentive.

They have backstories for every single character, put together sets of random extras, including having a pre-set lists of every ashford student in both seasons 1 and 2, and have done numerous other things that for all intents and purposes will never make it into the show. This is why there's things like the DVD magazines, Picture books, Sound dramas, Welcome to Ashford Academy newtype specials, Sayoko's dairies, and so on.

I suppose you could argue that Kallen (and Suzaku, and other members of the s1 cast) were more or less screwed by the timeslot change for R2, but in the end there's an endless number of stories we're never going to hear about. Things may appear to have depth because at one stage in the production they all did, but this story is the story that the creators chose to tell.
__________________
Memento mori
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 01:27   Link #13052
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Me too... Seriously, this is why I didn't want them to make her too involved with Lulu in R2.. but they just had to... that's what annoys me... he already had Shirley and C.C... why add another girl?? ..There has to be some stupid or valid reason..

If it's not going to lead anywhere worth a salt grain.. why waste everyone's time? ( mind you I am not talking about shipping) Like if they never made her fall for him, no one would be complaining or hating on Kallen that "OMG she is trying to kill Lulu!!"

That's why I will wait till 25 but keep Ashlay's post in mind too..

Mind you, this is my opinion..
Meeeh shewas already totally involved in R1, with her crush about Zero, her relationship la Kare kano with Lelouch, and her doubts about him (they could have play this part better but since they finally choosed to report her screentime to R2...) why are we only a few to have seen it -_-

Her devellopment in R2 was predictable imo (it was even better that what I expected <_<) so I'm not going to complain about it.
My ship is sinking since the start of the serie to some people, I'm not going to give up now that everything is pointing toward a resolution between them; We will have all the time to be angry about anything after the show (I'll be only angry if their scene is rushed :'o I want a romantic tension !) but now...

The only problem actually...is the lack of time (but it have been the case since Trun 12/13...) and the fact that a lot of people are now starting to hate Kallen She was hated because she was a Zero fangirl in S1, and no she is hated because she is his enemy. Hard to be her
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 01:27   Link #13053
lovecakecookies
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I think the issue at hand is that Lelouch and Suzaku do not want Kallen to go where they are going. If they have to make her enemy just to keep her safe then so be it. Afterall she was their friend and they have ALWAYS protected their friends (Sure they smacked each other but still)

Just like how Lloyd and Co. had to jump ship to the other side. They probably knew that if Kallen was allowed into their circle, she'd be hurt and would try to stick with them to their last breathes and they do not want that.

Eitherway, she needs to calm down herself before anyone tries to reason with her
. This is where Suzaku comes in and gives her a little spanking.


.
Yes, very..
I agree.. but I guess we will find out fully why/what he is protecting her from in the next episode and she will understand... hopefully...
__________________
lovecakecookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 01:28   Link #13054
Nikusu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Nikusu Send a message via MSN to Nikusu
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Well, also keep in mind Taniguchi at least is anal retentive.

They have backstories for every single character, put together sets of random extras, including having a pre-set lists of every ashford student in both seasons 1 and 2, and have done numerous other things that for all intents and purposes will never make it into the show. This is why there's things like the DVD magazines, Picture books, Sound dramas, Welcome to Ashford Academy newtype specials, Sayoko's dairies, and so on.

I suppose you could argue that Kallen (and Suzaku, and other members of the s1 cast) were more or less screwed by the timeslot change for R2, but in the end there's an endless number of stories we're never going to hear about. Things may appear to have depth because at one stage in the production they all did, but this story is the story that the creators chose to tell.
True. At least it's not as bad as the Bleach backstories in the S.S. arc. You could make 5 feature films with that crap. Then again, no one important dies in Bleach. Ever.
Nikusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 01:30   Link #13055
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
I've got only five minutes. Will be active tomorrow.


As the gum line been said?
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 01:31   Link #13056
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I've got only five minutes. Will be active tomorrow.


As the gum line been said?
C.C.'s not Kallen.
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 01:32   Link #13057
lovecakecookies
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I've got only five minutes. Will be active tomorrow.


As the gum line been said?
NOPE!!!

it was not said.. but man.. you should see the atmosphere here.. most people have given up/losing hope on your empire..
__________________
lovecakecookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 01:33   Link #13058
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
NOPE!!!

it was not said.. but man.. you should see the atmosphere here.. most people have given up on your empire..
Excellent. Things are going as expected.



I'll be making a speech tomorrow, with a recording if possible.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 01:35   Link #13059
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Excellent. Things are going as expected.



I'll be making a speech tomorrow, with a recording if possible.
roflmao as expected? Damm sounds like schneizel
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 01:35   Link #13060
lovecakecookies
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Excellent. Things are going as expected.



I'll be making a speech tomorrow, with a recording if possible.
ARe you sure about that? Have you seen the episode?
__________________
lovecakecookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.