AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-06-24, 13:17   Link #1321
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Suzaku isn't any more of a hypocrite as Lelouch actually. I have brought forth evidence of that not too long ago. I will save it for a later time since this isn't the place.
Oh so it's another fight you are looking for eh?

Though on that matter it is more of a "grey" area as it is matter of opinion. They are both hypocrates, just differant kinds. Suzaku's way is that he is basically lying to himself, Lelouch on the otherhand lies to others while he is honest about his intentions to himself. Really it is a matter of which way you prefer.

Lelouch has gotten better in R2 and so has Suzaku to a certain degree, though I admit I am harsher on Suzaku because I disagree with his idealism more.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:17   Link #1322
Silver Soul
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edo Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Hm... you seem to be mistaken as I am not criticizing you for disagreeing with me. Rather I am criticising your generalization that Kallen fans are only concerned about who she ends up with and would stop watching if things don't go their way.

Fact of the matter is I personally do not care who Lelouch ends up with, I would prefer Kallen myself but as long as it is well developed he could end up with Suzaku for all I care. The point you seem to miss is that we are vocal about Kallen and Suzaku for the reason that their interactions with eachother have so far had no hint of romantic chemistry between them. As of now Kallen does not seem too fond of Suzaku and Suzaku threw her in a cell with her arms strapped behind her and her mouth gagged with a plate of food beside her head. Yeah that screams romance to me right here... They have no reason at all to get together and any attempt would be just blatantly destroying her characterization so far, especially if the mind wipe is the reason for it.

Number one I never said they should be together I thought what would be the response of fans if they were to be pair (I already know its slim) and you know what it worked since all of you seem to be gaanging up on me because of a silly comment, I 'm sorry about the Kallen fan response since all fans can be obnoxious
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, people get angry over a lot of things. Like when people talk about the possibility of Kallen X Suzaku when there has never been any chemistry which angers people who are looking at things logically. It's the same way with LelouchXC.C..

Exactly!
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:19   Link #1323
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, people get angry over a lot of things. Like when people talk about the possibility of Kallen X Suzaku when there has never been any chemistry which angers people who are looking at things logically. It's the same way with LelouchXC.C..
Well, people will always have differnet opinions about different opinions, I suppsoe . I think we should try to lower the heat a bit though...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:20   Link #1324
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Well, people will always have differnet opinions about different opinions, I suppsoe . I think we should try to lower the heat a bit though...
Well, the ones in this case were completely and utterly right to disregard things like that which are impossible.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:21   Link #1325
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post

Number one I never said they should be together I thought what would be the response of fans if they were to be pair (I already know its slim) and you know what it worked since all of you seem to be gaanging up on me because of a silly comment, I 'm sorry about the Kallen fan response since all fans can be obnoxious
.
See right now you are in the Kallen thread, so yeah, if you post something like that then Kallen fans would jump you. It would be like me going to the C.C thread and started saying the same thing about C.C and Suzaku.

I guess I was a bit harsh in some of my earilier posts as well so its all good.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:21   Link #1326
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Oh so it's another fight you are looking for eh?

Though on that matter it is more of a "grey" area as it is matter of opinion. They are both hypocrates, just differant kinds. Suzaku's way is that he is basically lying to himself, Lelouch on the otherhand lies to others while he is honest about his intentions to himself. Really it is a matter of which way you prefer.

Lelouch has gotten better in R2 and so has Suzaku to a certain degree, though I admit I am harsher on Suzaku because I disagree with his idealism more.
Agree; But to me, Suzaku didn't bcame better (Turn 5 is still present in my mind)
But orga is right, Suzaku's thread will be a better place to this

Quote:
Well, people get angry over a lot of things. Like when people talk about the possibility of Kallen X Suzaku when there has never been any chemistry which angers people who are looking at things logically. It's the same way with LelouchXC.C..
Oh I don't think it's really the problem, there, the guy is obviously a troll so...
It's not like he was believing in a possible pairing or something, he is just there to attack without even one arguments...It's hard to give reasonable answer to this type of posts so...
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:22   Link #1327
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Well, you might have a case there Demon, so people shouldn't disregard it. It's certainly more likely than other things.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:22   Link #1328
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post

since all fans can be obnoxious
.
The same can be true about the anti-fans/naysayers/whatever you want to call'em as well...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:23   Link #1329
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
*shrug* They say it is easier to find faults with others then it is with yourself.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:25   Link #1330
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
No, it's rather easy to find faults with yourself actually. I do it all the time.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:30   Link #1331
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
*shrug* They say it is easier to find faults with others then it is with yourself.
Well, this is known since ancient times . As it goes.... "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?".
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:30   Link #1332
Silver Soul
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edo Japan
We can see that Dann , perhaps now wasn't the best time to bring this sort of discussion up if the majority is against it, I'll think about that next time
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:32   Link #1333
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
Oh yes it sure does! Since their the ones complaining about a relationship with Suzaku so they obviously care more about who she ends up with than the actually more interesting storyline
Actually, I don't ship LuluxKallen nor am I a Kallen fan and I would not want to see SuzakuXKallen. It just doesn't make any sense to pair them up.

Personally, I believe Lelouch will end up with no one. I'm really skeptical about Kallen and Lelouch being together in the end, but I have to say it's more probable then Suzaku and Kallen. Unless they do some major development between the two, it's just not going to happen. Without proper interaction and development the relationship will look forced and just be bad writing in the end. There's not a lot of time left in this series so I'm doubtful of any real development between the two.

Plus...

Spoiler for future spoilers:

I care about good writing. Throwing random characters together for seemingly no good reason is not good writing imho. If they do Suzaku and Kallen they better come up with a good believable reason to do so. Even putting Kallen and Lelouch together is going to take a lot more then what they've been throwing at us currently. But that is a tiny bit more developed then the former.
__________________
zalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:35   Link #1334
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SC, USA
Age: 26
wow kallens fans hate suzaku for some reason
__________________
hanseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:36   Link #1335
Silver Soul
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edo Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Actually, I don't ship LuluxKallen nor am I a Kallen fan and I would not want to see SuzakuXKallen. It just doesn't make any sense to pair them up.

Personally, I believe Lelouch will end up with no one. I'm really skeptical about Kallen and Lelouch being together in the end, but I have to say it's more probable then Suzaku and Kallen. Unless they do some major development between the two, it's just not going to happen. Without proper interaction and development the relationship will look forced and just be bad writing in the end. There's not a lot of time left in this series so I'm doubtful of any real development between the two.
Code Geass has a record at moving at a fast pace and coming out reasonably satisfiable in the end so who knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
wow kallens fans hate suzaku for some reason
.......ah, forget!
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:40   Link #1336
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In His Majesties Service.
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
wow kallens fans hate suzaku for some reason
Can you blame us? He been a jerk and his treatment of Kallen last EP just rubbed a lot of us up the wrong way. Doesn't help that some people are trying to pair the 2 of them off when its got a snowballs chance.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:40   Link #1337
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
There are some things that won't happen no matter how fast the show moves.

And not all Kallen fans dislike Suzaku. They just don't want the couple to happen.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:42   Link #1338
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Oh so it's another fight you are looking for eh?

Though on that matter it is more of a "grey" area as it is matter of opinion. They are both hypocrates, just differant kinds. Suzaku's way is that he is basically lying to himself, Lelouch on the otherhand lies to others while he is honest about his intentions to himself. Really it is a matter of which way you prefer.

Lelouch has gotten better in R2 and so has Suzaku to a certain degree, though I admit I am harsher on Suzaku because I disagree with his idealism more.
Actually, I think Suzaku lies to others as well, not just himself. So he's worse then Lelouch.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:42   Link #1339
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
Code Geass has a record at moving at a fast pace and coming out reasonably satisfiable in the end so who knows
For other things yes, but for a proper romance? Moving at a fast pace for romance usually doesn't work. It looks forced. Romance has never and will never be a prime focus of this series. Those little 'romantic' moments are just there for a bit of fan-service.
__________________
zalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:43   Link #1340
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
There are some things that won't happen no matter how fast the show moves.

And not all Kallen fans dislike Suzaku. They just don't want the couple to happen.
True enough, but also, Suzaku isn't exactly the most well liked Code Geass character, so it is a bit unfair to say Kallen fans dislike him. Chances are a good many Kallen fans dislike him, but not really for his treatment of her...
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.