AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-23, 22:36   Link #13661
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Takes away any assurance that he had ever given her by saying that the WHOLE time he has been playing a game with her. (Delibrate)

Which he admitted in S1.

A: First, that's true, and it took her a year to shake it off that time. Second, while he admitted that he was 'using' her, he also said he was freeing the Japanese, so it didn't matter. This time, he doesn't even give her that reassurance. Third, this time it would have had more of an impact since Kallen believed that she was getting closer to the real Lelouch and that he cared for her and trusted her personally (at least much more than when he kept his true identity from her).

Quote:
Her faith is shattered when Lelouch's typical double intention becomes 'known' where he attacks a peace summit and takes hostages. Kallen, of course, has no way to know that this particular plan has a triple intention. (Delibrate)

Which he did before during the China Arc

A: True, but this time, he attacked and killed BKs and kidnapped UFN officials, the very organizations that he founded, people that were once his allies. With Tian Zi, even though he was kidnapping her, it was an attack on his enemies, the Eunechs, to prevent them from handing the BKs over to Britannia. Therefore, it looks like the BKs are his enemies this time.

Quote:
-During the battle he uses pretty underhanded techniques such as blowing up a mountain, destroying BKs and his own troops. The fact that all his troops follow him because their Geassed can't help much either (Delibrate).

Which he's done before as many people have already pointed out.

A: He's blown up a mountain (much smaller scale and not Mt. Fuji), but he never simply and delibrately ordered his troops to die. He had them occasionally go against near suicidal odds, and he certainly expected causualties, but he never just sent guys into a fight for the purpose of dying (unless you count the JLF ship, but they weren't technically his troops).

Also, he didn't Geass all his people into following him (obviously).

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
She had just got out of it

the keys was still in the ignition
Even so!!! It's not like you can just hop into a KMF. There what, 25-30 ft high!!

Last edited by youngde; 2008-09-23 at 22:50.
youngde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 22:54   Link #13662
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Quote:
Takes away any assurance that he had ever given her by saying that the WHOLE time he has been playing a game with her. (Delibrate)

Which he admitted in S1.

A: First, that's true, and it took her a year to shake it off that time. Second, while he admitted that he was 'using' her, he also said he was freeing the Japanese, so it didn't matter. This time, he doesn't even give her that reassurance. Third, this time it would have had more of an impact since Kallen believed that she was getting closer to the real Lelouch and that he cared for her and trusted her personally (at least much more than when he kept his true identity from her).

Quote:
Her faith is shattered when Lelouch's typical double intention becomes 'known' where he attacks a peace summit and takes hostages. Kallen, of course, has no way to know that this particular plan has a triple intention. (Delibrate)

Which he did before during the China Arc

A: True, but this time, he attacked and killed BKs and kidnapped UFN officials, the very organizations that he founded, people that were once his allies. With Tian Zi, even though he was kidnapping her, it was an attack on his enemies, the Eunechs, to prevent them from handing the BKs over to Britannia. Therefore, it looks like the BKs are his enemies this time.

Quote:
-During the battle he uses pretty underhanded techniques such as blowing up a mountain, destroying BKs and his own troops. The fact that all his troops follow him because their Geassed can't help much either (Delibrate).

Which he's done before as many people have already pointed out.

A: He's blown up a mountain (much smaller scale and not Mt. Fuji), but he never simply and delibrately ordered his troops to die. He had them occasionally go against near suicidal odds, and he certainly expected causualties, but he never just sent guys into a fight for the purpose of dying (unless you count the JLF ship, but they weren't technically his troops).

Also, he didn't Geass all his people into following him (obviously).

Even so!!! It's not like you can just hop into a KMF. There what, 25-30 ft high!!
It might be parked with the cockpit at the bottom. Who knows?
But for me, Kallen is an idiot. Not a stupid idiot mind you, but an idiot that believed too much in love and in her own ideal. A good person to have by your side tho

Tsundere Asuka is a Turn On. No one can deny that faggots!
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 22:57   Link #13663
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

A mindracking idea: What if after Kallen defeats Suzaku, she goes up to see that Lelouch had geassed Nunnally to sleep for a bit? She then asks if Lelouch had ever geassed her, and he replies yes?
Old 2008-09-23, 23:02   Link #13664
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
A mindracking idea: What if after Kallen defeats Suzaku, she goes up to see that Lelouch had geassed Nunnally to sleep for a bit? She then asks if Lelouch had ever geassed her, and he replies yes?
Then Lelouch will be pushed over Damocles and subsequently be fished aboard by C.C..
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 23:03   Link #13665
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Well, that would require Kallen to beat Suzaku, which has about as much of a chance at happening as Tamaki beating Toudou.

But I imagine she'd kill him and it would in the end be revealed somehow that it was part of Lelouch's plan for someone to kill him.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 23:03   Link #13666
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Then Lelouch will be pushed over Damocles and subsequently be fished aboard by C.C..
No, he's shot
Old 2008-09-23, 23:05   Link #13667
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Well, I'm sure the unabashed honesty from him would be so shocking that Kallen would be rendered incapacitated long enough for him to be able to explain himself.
Old 2008-09-23, 23:06   Link #13668
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Well, I'm sure the unabashed honesty from him would be so shocking that Kallen would be rendered incapacitated long enough for him to be able to explain himself.
I would say that at this point, she'll feel the ultimate betrayal and react while saying her gum line......
Old 2008-09-23, 23:22   Link #13669
lovecakecookies

Quote:
I would say that at this point, she'll feel the ultimate betrayal and react while saying her gum line......
Well if she does ask did you geass me?.. and if he does reply yes, which is honest. and kills him....maybe she wont be hated as much...

NO don't kill him!!
Old 2008-09-23, 23:25   Link #13670
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Well if she does ask did you geass me?.. and if he does reply yes, which is honest. and kills him....maybe she wont be hated as much...

NO don't kill him!!
I think it'll be like "YOU LIED TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (shoots by instinct)
Old 2008-09-23, 23:27   Link #13671
lovecakecookies

Quote:
I think it'll be like "YOU LIED TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (shoots by instinct)
No... he never answered her question in episode 2.. he didn't say he geassed her nor did he say he didn't.. the man is sly with his words..
Old 2008-09-23, 23:29   Link #13672
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
No... he never answered her question in episode 2.. he didn't say he geassed her nor did he say he didn't.. the man is sly with his words..
Yeah he sweet talked her alright . So in order he's

1) Sweet talked her.

2) Lied to her

3) Played the silent game.

4) ???? <<<<< Hopefully is the truth.
Old 2008-09-23, 23:30   Link #13673
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Finally, Im back... I was surprised when I heard this thread was closed...
Anyway, any news, someone mind to tell me?
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 23:32   Link #13674
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Yes, but from the prespective of Kallen, it was the same as saying "I never geassed you."

Try putting yourself in the mind of a pained girl who has to fight her beloved to bring peace to the world.
Old 2008-09-23, 23:32   Link #13675
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Yeah he sweet talked her alright . So in order he's

1) Sweet talked her.

2) Lied to her

3) Played the silent game.

4) ???? <<<<< Hopefully is the truth.
Yup.. he has a way with his words.. but you know if she does kill him, I guess that will be her "essential role" huh?

Quote:
Yes, but from the prespective of Kallen, it was the same as saying "I never geassed you."

Try putting yourself in the mind of a pained girl who has to fight her beloved to bring peace to the world.
No, you are right, that's how she will feel.. lied to, even thought he never did..
*sigh* this better not happen...
Old 2008-09-23, 23:34   Link #13676
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Yup.. he has a way with his words.. but you know if she does kill him, I guess that will be her "essential role" huh?
Perhaps her essential role is to activate the Code implanted in Lelouch?
Old 2008-09-23, 23:36   Link #13677
lovecakecookies

Quote:
But in was in relation to bonds... Like they explained everyone's relation with him but hers... and just said she is critical/essential as the director said that's all..
Old 2008-09-23, 23:36   Link #13678
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Wait, what!?!
Old 2008-09-23, 23:39   Link #13679
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Wait, what!?!
*Backtracking*

Basically, I believe that Charles implanted his Code into Lelouch right before he disappeared into the World of C. The Code can only be activated when one dies, meaning that Lelouch has to die once to become immortal.
Old 2008-09-23, 23:40   Link #13680
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

I still don't see her shooting him, much less something as convoluted (though admittedly within the realm of possibility) as a dormant Code.