AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-23, 23:43   Link #13681
yvj
U Mad?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
I still don't see her shooting him, much less something as convoluted (though admittedly within the realm of possibility) as a dormant Code.
I agree it is convoluted as hell but it fits within the "universe" of the show.

I will say if Kallen's essentialness is to kill Lelouch thereby granting him immortality. I will facepalm into my computer screen, get up, walk away and never look back.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic81253_4.gif
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 23:45   Link #13682
lovecakecookies
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
I agree it is convoluted as hell but it fits withing the "universe" of the show.

I will say if Kallen's essentialness is to kill Lelouch thereby granting him immortality. I will facepalm into my computer screen, get up, walk away and never look back.
I will do it with you sir...

To me its just wayy to random.. immortality?

but then I wouldn't be surprised..

I think I already know why they are going to make him immortal...
__________________
lovecakecookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 23:48   Link #13683
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Perhaps my fatalism is a bit too extreme.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 23:55   Link #13684
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
*Backtracking*


Basically, I believe that Charles implanted his Code into Lelouch right before he disappeared into the World of C. The Code can only be activated when one dies, meaning that Lelouch has to die once to become immortal.
Well, at least then he would have the time to explain all the BS he put her through. Still, I'll be disappointed, I would rather the Requiem be involved in destroying Geass than keeping it around forever.
__________________
youngde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 23:57   Link #13685
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Well, at least then he would have the time to explain all the BS he put her through. Still, I'll be disappointed, I would rather the Requiem be involved in destroying Geass than keeping it around forever.
A possibility is that he'll also take C.C.'s Code and go into the World of C..... forever..........




(The Tragic Fatalism of the Emperor seems to be rocking the Holy Kalulu Empire)
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 00:01   Link #13686
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: La Ciudad de los Palacios, Mexico City
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
A possibility is that he'll also take C.C.'s Code and go into the World of C..... forever..........




(The Tragic Fatalism of the Emperor seems to be rocking the Holy Kalulu Empire)
As knight of Seven I think as always and state it here daily, we need a new Emperor... more likely and Empress...
Can I make my coup now?? Please????
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 00:20   Link #13687
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
The more I look at Kallen, the more I feel her pain and frustration.


She was never really given a complete role in the world of Lelouch. She's not his Knight, comrade, partner, lover, friend, but a mixture of all of them. In a way, her question makes sense: What is Kallen to Lelouch? Is she just a replacement for what Lelouch doesn't have at the moment, or is she something altogether different?
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 00:23   Link #13688
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
The more I look at Kallen, the more I feel her pain and frustration.


She was never really given a complete role in the world of Lelouch. She's not his Knight, comrade, partner, lover, friend, but a mixture of all of them. In a way, her question makes sense: What is Kallen to Lelouch? Is she just a replacement for what Lelouch doesn't have at the moment, or is she something altogether different?
Actually now that i think about it, epi 7+9 led Kallen on kinda. Damn Lulu and his harem, srsly.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 00:24   Link #13689
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
Actually now that i think about it, epi 7+9 led Kallen on kinda. Damn Lulu and his harem, srsly.
But then, technically Shirley took that role, for how short it was.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 00:30   Link #13690
kir44n
#1 Delinquent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wash. D.C.
Age: 29
I'm sorry, but I find these ideas as likely as Lelouch using Charles Code to become immortal, then C.C. giving it geass to kallen just so kallen can become immortal too after spending 2 seasons of an anime abusing said powers to much mayhem and enjoyment =P.

As for "essentialness" being tied to her killing him, thats kind of...abstract? I mean, manipulating someone to *eventually* kill you after you've finished doing whatever master plan you have is rather...risky O_o . Much better to do the plan, then off yourself.

And on the topic of Kallen shooting Lelouch, I don't think she has a gun. At best, she'll use knife-pouch to go for the nice-boat stabby stabby in the gut. Only downside to this ending for Lelouch is that he hasn't had the chance yet to sleep with half the female cast O_o.

In any case, I don't follow the fatalism ideals simply because I would find any scenario ending with Lelouch's immortality rather...aggravating from a narrative perspective. I don't feel it would be a fitting end to the series. Him living as a hermit, living in seclusion, hiding out for the rest of his life, would make sense. He started from royalty, descended into humility when abandoned, rose to power through the events of the show, and could again descend into relative obscurity when the show ends.

With Kallen of course . I mean, someones gotta help his sorry butt around. And I don't think Pizza is inconspicous enough for someone on the run =P

post-note : On your current vein of what Kallen is to Lelouch : She's a bit of everything. And thats the beauty of it. So very many versatile roles. One complete role leaves a person with a rather shallow character. Hers is built around multiple seperate facates that all comprise the whole.
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 00:31   Link #13691
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
The more I look at Kallen, the more I feel her pain and frustration.


She was never really given a complete role in the world of Lelouch. She's not his Knight, comrade, partner, lover, friend, but a mixture of all of them. In a way, her question makes sense: What is Kallen to Lelouch? Is she just a replacement for what Lelouch doesn't have at the moment, or is she something altogether different?
Well, that's the million dollar question at the moment, isn't it? (At least for Kallen.) What the answer is and how it fits into the climax of the story is a mystery to me right now, but at least she'll get an answer (hopefully).

Quote:
As for "essentialness" being tied to her killing him, thats kind of...abstract? I mean, manipulating someone to *eventually* kill you after you've finished doing whatever master plan you have is rather...risky O_o . Much better to do the plan, then off yourself.
This is true. If the whole point was to die, he could either kill himself, or have Suzaku take a few whacks at him for killing Euphie.
__________________
youngde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 00:31   Link #13692
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
But then, technically Shirley took that role, for how short it was.
Well yeah technically Shirley was the girl that Lulu had the most romantic interactions but then again epi 14 came so. "^^

Anyway, let's see next epi {actually last epi, wow} i hope gumline is not wasted.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 00:37   Link #13693
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
I'm sorry, but I find these ideas as likely as Lelouch using Charles Code to become immortal, then C.C. giving it geass to kallen just so kallen can become immortal too after spending 2 seasons of an anime abusing said powers to much mayhem and enjoyment =P.

As for "essentialness" being tied to her killing him, thats kind of...abstract? I mean, manipulating someone to *eventually* kill you after you've finished doing whatever master plan you have is rather...risky O_o . Much better to do the plan, then off yourself.

And on the topic of Kallen shooting Lelouch, I don't think she has a gun. At best, she'll use knife-pouch to go for the nice-boat stabby stabby in the gut. Only downside to this ending for Lelouch is that he hasn't had the chance yet to sleep with half the female cast O_o.

In any case, I don't follow the fatalism ideals simply because I would find any scenario ending with Lelouch's immortality rather...aggravating from a narrative perspective. I don't feel it would be a fitting end to the series. Him living as a hermit, living in seclusion, hiding out for the rest of his life, would make sense. He started from royalty, descended into humility when abandoned, rose to power through the events of the show, and could again descend into relative obscurity when the show ends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
This is true. If the whole point was to die, he could either kill himself, or have Suzaku take a few whacks at him for killing Euphie.

I'm of the opinion that dying never fitted into Lelouch's plan. It's an unexpected turn of events (for like the infinite times.)
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 00:49   Link #13694
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
The more I look at Kallen, the more I feel her pain and frustration.


She was never really given a complete role in the world of Lelouch. She's not his Knight, comrade, partner, lover, friend, but a mixture of all of them. In a way, her question makes sense: What is Kallen to Lelouch? Is she just a replacement for what Lelouch doesn't have at the moment, or is she something altogether different?
If that's the key behind Kallen's resolution...
I fear that even Lelouch himself doesn't know the answer...or doesn't want to tell the truth.


Sigh, he better be dead if we get another "たぶん、大事な。。。" (PERHAPS, someone important)


Right now I'm also wondering...
would his honshin be "I don't love u but I don't want to hurt you?" or "I do love you, but I'm not telling ya"
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 01:11   Link #13695
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I'm of the opinion that dying never fitted into Lelouch's plan. It's an unexpected turn of events (for like the infinite times.)
I'm not sure what would be the point of dying anyways.

Though I don't know if anyone else is getting the same feeling but I have this strange feeling that if Kallen ever gets an answer from why Lelouch kept her out of the loop it'll be so ridiculous that half of us will fall on swords by the end of the day.

I think I'll stay away from the Kallen specs and wait to see what happens...
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 01:21   Link #13696
lovecakecookies
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I'm not sure what would be the point of dying anyways.

Though I don't know if anyone else is getting the same feeling but I have this strange feeling that if Kallen ever gets an answer from why Lelouch kept her out of the loop it'll be so ridiculous that half of us will fall on swords by the end of the day.

I think I'll stay away from the Kallen specs and wait to see what happens...
Lol.. what do you think he will say? Oh god.. thanks for making me think of the possibilities..
__________________
lovecakecookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 01:21   Link #13697
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Lol.. what do you think he will say? Oh god.. thanks for making me think of the possibilities..
One possibility: "I care about you."


Now, allows us some entertainment with some speculations.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 01:31   Link #13698
Marsala
Delurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
*Backtracking*


Basically, I believe that Charles implanted his Code into Lelouch right before he disappeared into the World of C. The Code can only be activated when one dies, meaning that Lelouch has to die once to become immortal.
Yeah, that seems likely. I was suspicious when Charles grabbed Lelouch with the hand that had his Code, so that we couldn't see it when he vanished. Also, C.C. was stabbed and left with a permanent scar when she acquired her Code, and Charles didn't seem to have his Code's benefits until after Lelouch made Charles shoot himself.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 01:32   Link #13699
kir44n
#1 Delinquent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wash. D.C.
Age: 29
In discussion with another member of the boards, I did get hit with a possible epiphany if you would. Let us consider a new idea. I will first lay down the foundations. Lelouch, is for the most part, dense when it comes to inter-personal relationships. I'm guessing his parents never quite taught him how to go about doing it correctly. So, for the most part, Lelouch is rather emotionally repressed when it comes to dealing with the opposite gender in a way that is non-platonic.

Now wait Kir44n you say! Lelouch has said he loved Euphy and he might have like shirley (up until the mind wipe). Ah, but both of these examples are, for the most part, statements made in retrospect. And god knows we all can see 20x better in retrospect than we can at the time. And heres the thing about retrospect. You tend not to panic over it because when your analysing something in retrospect, its typically far enough behind you that you can't do anything to change the outcome. So in both instances, Lelouch is far enough removed that emotionally, he can make these statements.

So what is my idea/speculation that I'm building up? Lelouch is afraid. Yes. Emperor of half the known world. Leader of Revolutions. Designer of horrible clothes and epic hats. Complete pussyfoot when push comes to shove in present-tense Romance.

Now, we have Lelouch planning to completely own the world with Zero Requiem, and he knows an epic showdown with Schneizel is planned. Both things will require his full time and devotion to fulfilling. Combine with emotional stunting previously mentioned. Then have him realize the woman he likes happens to like him back (assumption, but of course, this is a speculation). And this idea scares him. He's only known he's liked women in retrospect before. But he knows he likes this girl now. And if he recipricates, well thats a whole new can of worms. Theres some level of committment, shit, what happens if things go wrong, etc.

Basically, if he recipricates, he'd be heading down an emotional track he can't really afford to go down at the present moment because he's got his hands full with saving the world and starting zero requiem and designing awesome hats.

And so, instead of doing something smart, he delays his answer till next thursday, when he can dedicate his full emotional attention on this new dilemma ^^.
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 01:34   Link #13700
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
kir44n, you know that if your speculation is correct, almost every single Code Geass fans will go "NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!"


Yet, it's the truth. Although love may be obvious to standbyers, it's hard for the actual people to know until it hits them in the face.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.