AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-24, 20:31   Link #13861
Tael
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
But unless it means that C.C. knows about Lelouch->Kallen, I'd rather take it as C.C.'s....ego...or tsun...
Not what I meant. More that the lines at the end showed who was focused on Lelouch more, not about who Lelouch likes more. Kallen won because her goal is Lelouch, C.C. lost because her goal was to win.
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 20:33   Link #13862
lovecakecookies
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post
Not what I meant. More that the lines at the end showed who was focused on Lelouch more, not about who Lelouch likes more. Kallen won because her goal is Lelouch, C.C. lost because her goal was to win.
Yes, many people believe that the conversation between Kallen and C.C had double meanings..
__________________
lovecakecookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 20:35   Link #13863
Tael
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Yes, many people believe that the conversation between Kallen and C.C had double meanings..
I'd imagine they did, nearly everything in this show that is said (even the most inconsequential things) has had double meanings. They'd be rather meaningless or, more accurately, pointless if they did not carry more meaning because in and of themselves they don't tell us anything that the scene itself could not tell us. "You win, Kallen." I know, your mech just got cut in half, no need to tell me.
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 20:35   Link #13864
kir44n
#1 Delinquent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wash. D.C.
Age: 29
I'm actually guessing C.C. wanted to win so that she could basically show off for lelouch. A sort of subconcious desire to prove to him she can be useful. Whereas Kallen is past such an idea, and doesn't currently care about winning/losing.

At least, thats what I gained from their conversation. Kallen & C.C. have an interesting character dynamic in any case.
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 20:37   Link #13865
lovecakecookies
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post
I'd imagine they did, nearly everything in this show that is said (even the most inconsequential things) has had double meanings. They'd be rather meaningless or, more accurately, pointless if they did not carry more meaning because in and of themselves they don't tell us anything that the scene itself could not tell us. "You win, Kallen." I know, your mech just got cut in half, no need to tell me.
Yup.. that's what I thought. .I was like she doesn't say such trivial things.. other people interpreted differently too..
__________________
lovecakecookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 20:39   Link #13866
Tael
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Yup.. that's what I thought. .I was like she doesn't say such trivial things.. other people interpreted differently too..
I've only really seen interpretations similar to mine or some derivative of the same idea, could you pass me the knowledge of other interpretations to the scene?
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 20:44   Link #13867
El_Negro
El_Negro
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Caribbean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post
I've only really seen interpretations similar to mine or some derivative of the same idea, could you pass me the knowledge of other interpretations to the scene?
Other Interpretations could be:

1) Kallen won in the KMF battle (obvious)
2) Kallen won in the claim 4 lelouch's heart
3) Kallen won in the fact that she has more of a reason to fight for than C.C. who
just wants her promise fulfilled

Many CluClu shippers would obviously go for option no.1 since they're now saying that the gumline can have no such relevance and that it could even be said to almost anyone in the last episode mainly Suzaku

But that's just me
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 20:52   Link #13868
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
A mildly non-serious thing:


If Lelouch and Kallen have twins, I would like the boy to be Naoto (Resembling Kallen in appearance and Lelouch in mentality) and Luluko (Resembling Lelouch in appearance and Kalle in mentality). Think of the comedies
If they are naming the boy Naoto, the girl would be named either Shirley or Euphemia. (Granted if Nunnally and Suzaku get married, their girl would be Euphie.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Eh... to me C.C's role is very important.. but I guess opinions vary..

TBH.. this doesn't make sense, but could happen.....unless the make Kallen's gumline

If you say you love her, I wont forgive you... and he goes and disappears with C.C... honestly, why did they have to make Kallen jealous in episode 24 and make Kallen be the one to ask C.C "do you love Lulu"? it seemed too forced IMO..
What to mean 'make Kallen jealous in episode 24'? She's been jealous of C.C. since she met her in episode 11 of season one. It's just never been explicitly said until the last episode. At least Kallen is getting the guts to be up front with her feelings (which I think C.C. noticed during their confrontation. Before C.C. always teased her about her lack of resolve in that category.)
__________________
youngde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 20:54   Link #13869
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
If they are naming the boy Naoto, the girl would be named either Shirley or Euphemia. (Granted if Nunnally and Suzaku get married, their girl would be Euphie.)
Nah.




Luluko, the daugher of Lelouch and Kallen, age 16. Unlike her father, her physical abilities are almost on par with Suzaku. Although good at schoolwork, she's too hotblooded to be good at strategies. Often gets into fights with the daughter of C.C.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 20:54   Link #13870
lovecakecookies
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post
Other Interpretations could be:

1) Kallen won in the KMF battle (obvious)
2) Kallen won in the claim 4 lelouch's heart
3) Kallen won in the fact that she has more of a reason to fight for than C.C. who
just wants her promise fulfilled

Many CluClu shippers would obviously go for option no.1 since they're now saying that the gumline can have no such relevance and that it could even be said to almost anyone in the last episode mainly Suzaku

But that's just me
Yup those are the ones I heard... but its obvious its not number 1..
I think its 3 now..
__________________
lovecakecookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 20:56   Link #13871
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post
Not what I meant. More that the lines at the end showed who was focused on Lelouch more, not about who Lelouch likes more. Kallen won because her goal is Lelouch, C.C. lost because her goal was to win.
How c.c. was supposed to win against the Seiten?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 21:00   Link #13872
Vakir
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post
I'd imagine they did, nearly everything in this show that is said (even the most inconsequential things) has had double meanings.
No, people like to pretend there are in a lot of situations order to give the illusion that the show they like is deeper than it might be.

Whether there's a double meaning involving C.C. and Kallen's exchange has yet to be seen. You would think that C.C. meant the mech fight, however, and that's why Kallen didn't care. It's not that C.C. didn't care about Lelouch as much necessarily...the Guren is just way freaking better. C.C.'s musing about her caring about winning or losing if anything shows she DOES still care, and a lot, because her emotions that typically are repressed or are dormant have awakened.

EDIT: Narona beat me to it
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 21:00   Link #13873
lovecakecookies
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
How c.c. was supposed to win against the Seiten?
NArona.. you are the one who made think deeply about this scene llol

well, C.C says winning or losing to think I cared for these things. something like that right?? doesn't that imply she wanted to beat the Seiten? or sad that she lost?
__________________
lovecakecookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 21:01   Link #13874
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Nah.




Luluko, the daugher of Lelouch and Kallen, age 16. Unlike her father, her physical abilities are almost on par with Suzaku. Although good at schoolwork, she's too hotblooded to be good at strategies. Often gets into fights with the daughter of C.C.
That picture is just creepy.
__________________
youngde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 21:01   Link #13875
yvj
U Mad?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Yup those are the ones I heard... but its obvious its not number 1..
I think its 3 now..
"You win this round Kallen nyah nyah" C.C twirls handle bar mustache

If it's number one then it's another waste of time. It didn't need to be said, we all know she won. Did C. C have to confirm it for the audience?

And she already had "as expected of....." to establish she was losing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Nah.




Luluko, the daugher of Lelouch and Kallen, age 16. Unlike her father, her physical abilities are almost on par with Suzaku. Although good at schoolwork, she's too hotblooded to be good at strategies. Often gets into fights with the daughter of C.C.
Is she a popular fan-character?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic81253_4.gif
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 21:03   Link #13876
lovecakecookies
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
No, people like to pretend there are in a lot of situations order to give the illusion that the show they like is deeper than it might be.

Whether there's a double meaning involving C.C. and Kallen's exchange has yet to be seen. You would think that C.C. meant the mech fight, however, and that's why Kallen didn't care. It's not that C.C. didn't care about Lelouch as much necessarily...the Guren is just way freaking better. C.C.'s musing about her caring about winning or losing if anything shows she DOES still care, and a lot, because her emotions that typically are repressed are dormant have awakened.

EDIT: Narona beat me to it
I agree.. so he is just speculating what he thinks about the exchange.....
__________________
lovecakecookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 21:03   Link #13877
kir44n
#1 Delinquent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wash. D.C.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
No, people like to pretend there are in a lot of situations order to give the illusion that the show they like is deeper than it might be.

Whether there's a double meaning involving C.C. and Kallen's exchange has yet to be seen. You would think that C.C. meant the mech fight, however, and that's why Kallen didn't care. It's not that C.C. didn't care about Lelouch as much necessarily...the Guren is just way freaking better. C.C.'s musing about her caring about winning or losing if anything shows she DOES still care, and a lot, because her emotions that typically are repressed or are dormant have awakened.

EDIT: Narona beat me to it
Eh, I don't think they'll elaborate any more on this conversation. I think they left it ambigous so everyone could read into it however they chose to. I mean, I don't read too deeply into it myself, but I take it to mean C.C. wanted on some level to win the fight (even if that wasn't realistic) so that she could basically show off in front of Lelouch. Whereas Kallen simply didn't care about winning/losing, she just wanted to get past C.C. and get to Lelouch.

But to each his own ^^
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 21:03   Link #13878
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post



Is she a popular fan-character?
I believe Luluko is the name that Sayoko started calling Lelouch in the picture drama where the girls dressed like boys and the boys dressed like girls. The girls all still looked hot as guys, but the guys just looked disturbing (kinda like real life).
__________________
youngde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 21:04   Link #13879
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Is she a popular fan-character?
I just made her up yesterday while writing some things >_>



Luluko working undercover......
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 21:05   Link #13880
yvj
U Mad?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I just made her up yesterday while writing some things >_>



Luluko working undercover......
So you did the artwork too or is that someone else?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic81253_4.gif
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.