AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-04, 00:44   Link #15801
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
So her being bitter about Lulu is key to her character... I don't think so..

I personally think her beliefs are more important to her than Lulu.. that's why I think she tried to kill him even if she had feelings for him....

I think that would have been a fitting line
Well, we saw that scene where she was going to take a strike at him. It looks like killing Lelouch would be like killing a part of herself. Lucky, C.C. was there, because I doubt Kallen could of lived with herself if she had to go through with it.
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 00:45   Link #15802
Vakir
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Oh I see your the guy who sees people talking about hypothetical situations they'd enjoy and you jump in and to give them your hypothetical facts.

Kick the sandcastle guy eh?
No, seriously. Stop the feud now before it goes somewhere neither of us want it to go.

Quote:
So this if he's alive, she'll follow him to the ends of the earth?" = anything equally barefoot and pregnant housewife-esque

I see her following him around the world after supposed death as needlessly clingy and borderline character assassination. That's all. A normal human being would move the hell on after the amount of experience and closure she DID get.

Quote:
I don't freaking see it my friend. But maybe I shouldn't take your gross exaggeration with a grain of salt.
It's more like a matter of my individual perception.

Quote:
And you may not see it, but it's not a universal stretch to think that Kallen wouldn't move on. But I forget there's never been anyone in the world that has held a torch for some else. Or continued to be in love with someone one died years before.

I should call Meatloaf and tell him his song "Two out of three ain't bad" is based on unfounded lies.
Just because people have in the past not moved on doesn't mean it isn't out of character for Kallen not to. I feel she's infinitely stronger and more developed from her experience with Lelouch than to be waiting or following. People who argue the opposite only seem to because they're that hopeful for Kalulu and don't want to actually see the characters act the way they really would in that situation.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 00:46   Link #15803
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
Wll, I guess writers have another opinion what Kallen's key line should be
But then, it really would be better if her keyline would be "Leouch, Suzaku. Everything really went as you wanted" or something for her monologue in epilogue.
Or simply, "Lelouch, I'll stop you" or even the infamous "Sayonara Lelouch"

Sigh, this might be Kallen's future...

ホントは逢いたくて
その胸で泣きたくて
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 00:48   Link #15804
lovecakecookies
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
Wll, I guess writers have another opinion what Kallen's key line should be
But then, it really would be better if her keyline would be "Leouch, Suzaku. Everything really went as you wanted" or something for her monologue in epilogue.
this would have been cool

I am under the belief while she may never forget Lulu, one day eventually she will probably move on and love someone else..
__________________
lovecakecookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 00:51   Link #15805
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
this would have been cool

I am under the belief while she may never forget Lulu, one day eventually she will probably move on and love someone else..
The point of many people was that "even if she stays single because still in love with a certain dead someone, she can still have a somewhat *happy* life".

And the fact is that it's true because case like that happened even IRL
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 00:52   Link #15806
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
this would have been cool

I am under the belief while she may never forget Lulu, one day eventually she will probably move on and love someone else..
What about "You'll probably laugh and say 'just as planned'..."
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 00:54   Link #15807
Vakir
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
What about "You'll probably laugh and say 'just as planned'..."
Like that one better. Less straightforward which is part of the purpose behind the gum lines in the first place.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 00:57   Link #15808
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
The point of many people was that "even if she stays single because still in love with a certain dead someone, she can still have a somewhat *happy* life".

And the fact is that it's true because case like that happened even IRL
Kallen, like Nunnally, I doubt could ever really fall in love with another man who didn't know the truth of Lelouch. That's a very short list.
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:00   Link #15809
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
i wouldnt rule out any chance for future romance for kallen
mind you it could take a while for her to get over the loss and any future guy she might be interested in would probably be compared to lelouch
but its not out of the question for her to move on at some point
i'm pretty sure lelouch wouldnt have wanted her to stay hooked on him for the rest of her life
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:01   Link #15810
Vakir
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Kallen, like Nunnally, I doubt could ever really fall in love with another man who didn't know the truth of Lelouch. That's a very short list.
For someone who appeared pretty lonely all the time, don't you find it completely depressing that you'd envision that scenario for her? Why wouldn't she be able to honor his sacrifice by keeping the truth hidden and would just acknowledge it as the way of the world?
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:01   Link #15811
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: La Ciudad de los Palacios, Mexico City
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
The point of many people was that "even if she stays single because still in love with a certain dead someone, she can still have a somewhat *happy* life".

And the fact is that it's true because case like that happened even IRL
I agree on that completely Narona...
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:01   Link #15812
lovecakecookies
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
The point of many people was that "even if she stays single because still in love with a certain dead someone, she can still have a somewhat *happy* life".

And the fact is that it's true because case like that happened even IRL
whats true?
__________________
lovecakecookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:01   Link #15813
yvj
U Mad?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
closure she DID get.


It's more like a matter of my individual perception.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
Just because people have in the past not moved on doesn't mean it isn't out of character for Kallen not to. I feel she's infinitely stronger and more developed from her experience with Lelouch than to be waiting or following. People who argue the opposite only seem to because they're that hopeful for Kalulu and don't want to actually see the characters act the way they really would in that situation.
Acting the way she really would? Unless her feelings changed, which they didn't on screen last we saw. How she would act is based on how long she'd hold on to her feelings, of which you can argue for many different scenarios.

If he is dead (which i believe) I could see her moving. But I don't think she'll ever love anyone as much she loved Lelouch. Which is not crazy talk by any stretch of the imagination. See the countless love songs written on the subject.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic81253_4.gif
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:02   Link #15814
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i wouldnt rule out any chance for future romance for kallen
mind you it could take a while for her to get over the loss and any future guy she might be interested in would probably be compared to lelouch
but its not out of the question for her to move on at some point
i'm pretty sure lelouch wouldnt have wanted her to stay hooked on him for the rest of her life
That was not what was discussed here some times ago

Some people seemed to claim that her having a happy life even if she stays single was not a possibility.

Her moving on and fall in love with someone else is a possibility

Her staying single but still living a happy life is another

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
whats true?
As I already said it, some times ago in france, there was a televised debate about people who lost someone but still lived a happy life even if they never moved on (mainly because they were still in love with the persons they lost).
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:05   Link #15815
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i wouldnt rule out any chance for future romance for kallen
mind you it could take a while for her to get over the loss and any future guy she might be interested in would probably be compared to lelouch
but its not out of the question for her to move on at some point
i'm pretty sure lelouch wouldnt have wanted her to stay hooked on him for the rest of her life
Just seems unlikely she could ever be involved with someone who thought of Lelouch as a great tyrant. Most of the world does.
Same goes for Nunnally.
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:05   Link #15816
Vakir
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
It's more like a matter of my individual perception.
That doesn't even make sense in context. If you're going to mimic people's responses as a "take that," do it correctly. Unless that's a mis-cutout of my post, in which case I'll make the edit when you do? >_>

Quote:
Acting the way she really would? Unless her feelings changed, which they didn't on screen last we saw. How she would act is based on how long she'd hold on to her feelings, of which you can argue for many different scenarios.
Simple. Kallen's a stronger individual than that. She understands why Lelouch needed to do what he'd do, so there's no reason for her to be so stagnantly upset over it. She seems way more spirited than usual despite her regarding his picture and internalizing. We're supposed to get the idea that she has a positive future. She's allowed to love or have loved him, but there's no reason whatsoever for her to not get over it as the kind of character she is.

Quote:
If he is dead (which i believe) I could see her moving. But I don't think she'll ever love anyone as much she loved Lelouch. Which is not crazy talk by any stretch of the imagination. See the countless love songs written on the subject.
Ok, as long as she moves on and has a damn life. Arguably people who marry don't love their spouse as much as X person they couldn't be with from 5 years ago. It doesn't cheapen the person they marry and it doesn't ruin their life, it's just an emotion some people carry.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:11   Link #15817
yvj
U Mad?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
That doesn't even make sense in context. If you're going to mimic people's responses as a "take that," do it correctly. Unless that's a mis-cutout of my post, in which case I'll make the edit when you do? >_>
It does make sense because you see she got all the closure she needed. Some people don't.

This is a completely subjective thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
Simple. Kallen's a stronger individual than that. She understands why Lelouch needed to do what he'd do, so there's no reason for her to be so stagnantly upset over it. She seems way more spirited than usual despite her regarding his picture and internalizing. We're supposed to get the idea that she has a positive future.
Like Narona pointed out you can have a happy life and still be single. If Kallen is happier being a nun in the Church of Lelouch than finding another man. Than that's how it is.

No one has said Kallen would live in an angst filled world of mourning.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic81253_4.gif
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:19   Link #15818
Vakir
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
It does make sense because you see she got all the closure she needed. Some people don't.

This is a completely a subjective thing.
Explain how Kallen did not get necessary closure. Because as far as I'm concerned, the experience and things she learned from her time with Lelouch, the Black Rebellion, and the whole series converged to make her a better person regardless of whether she got some in the end. If you don't think that's how these experiences turn out, you've clearly never been dumped or had an open ended relationship in your life, which is extremely admirable and rare. But you'll find you learn a little from anything. Kallen's development wasn't wasted, I think (read: think, my opinion) you're just disappointed to see the couple not become canon.

Quote:
Like Narona pointed out you can have a happy life and still be single. If Kallen is happier being a nun in the Church of Lelouch than finding another man. Than that's how it is.
Except wouldn't you say the only reason you'd believe she would stay single and not lead a normal life is because you only want Kalulu to exist? Any prospect of her moving on and getting with anyone else would shatter your OTP, but it would also be unrealistic. Kallen is an attractive older teen in a new, loving world who never even had a stable relationship in the first place (never had a kiss, am I correct?). Throw the bias aside a moment. You really think she'd stay celibate and single? That would be a spat in the face of what Lelouch wanted for everyone in the first place. Lelouch would WANT Kallen to live on and have a normal life. If she doesn't live her life to the fullest, what the hell was the point of the sacrifice?

Quote:
No one has said Kallen would live in an angst filled world of mourning.
Plenty have. Just not you.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:21   Link #15819
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
Except wouldn't you say the only reason you'd believe she would stay single and not lead a normal life is because you only want Kalulu to exist? Any prospect of her moving on and getting with anyone else would shatter your OTP, but it would also be unrealistic. Kallen is an attractive older teen in a new, loving world who never even had a stable relationship in the first place (never had a kiss, am I correct?). Throw the bias aside a moment. You really think she'd stay celibate and single? That would be a spat in the face of what Lelouch wanted for everyone in the first place. Lelouch would WANT Kallen to live on and have a normal life.
You can be single and live a normal life.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:25   Link #15820
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
You can be single and live a normal life.
+1
There are plenty singles out there to prove that~

Well, Lelouch never told Kallen "to go find another man when he kicks the bucket"~ O_o what am I typing?
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.